PDA

View Full Version : Report: Redskins Owner Dan Snyder Called Mike Shanahan

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 04:37 PM
NOTICE....the following story has been cut and pasted to let you readers have the enjoyment of reading a story that you might find interesting.

I could just post the link to the story, but with all of the bugs in computer programs today, why would I ask members to click on a link and possibly get a virus?

I doubt that FanHouse will loose any money because I did this, cause I'm really not anyone they need to worry about.

Enjoy the story, and have a great day.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/10/84104355.jpg

Beleaguered Washington Redskins coach Jim Zorn has reason to look over his shoulder: Owner Daniel Snyder has reportedly contacted Mike Shanahan, both before the season and during the season, about coaching the team.

John Czarnecki of FoxSports.com writes:

Zorn appears to be a dead coach walking with old-timer Sherm Lewis hired to oversee his game plans. Word has it Snyder approached former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan in the offseason to be his head coach and has made another attempt during the season, only to be rebuffed both times. Despite being owed millions by Denver owner Pat Bowlen, Shanahan does want to return to the sidelines, but he wants to wait until the league season ends and consider his options.

It's a sign of how badly coached the Redskins have looked this year that it's not particularly surprising to see a report that Snyder attempted to hire Shanahan during the season -- even though, at 2-2, Zorn probably thinks he has time to turn the team around this year.

But one way or another, I'm sure Snyder will make Shanahan another offer at some point. The biggest question is whether Shanahan would accept: He'd probably rather work for an owner who's a little more hands-off than Snyder, but I imagine Snyder will give Shanahan about 10 million reasons to consider becoming the Redskins' coach in 2010.

Source (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/11/redskins-owner-dan-snyder-reportedly-called-mike-shanahan/)

NOTE from LewP:
Wait...did FanHouse use a quote from FoxSports???? Imagine that!!!

Keith7
10-11-2009, 04:38 PM
copy and pasting again :( :(

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
copy and pasting again :( :(

You are sharp!!!

carter08
10-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
NOTICE....the following story has been cut and pasted to let you readers have the enjoyment of reading a story that you might find interesting.

I could just post the link to the story, but with all of the bugs in computer programs today, why would I ask members to click on a link and possibly get a virus?

I doubt that FanHouse will loose any money because I did this, cause I'm really not anyone they need to worry about.

honestly, you should provide a link. there could be lots of interesting articles on the site that we would like to read, and with the current state of the journalism industry, any internet traffic is good.

Keith7
10-11-2009, 04:41 PM
You are sharp!!!

You are so brave going to that website and sacraficing your computer potentially getting viruses to copy and paste that story and allow us to read it

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by carter08
honestly, you should provide a link. there could be lots of interesting articles on the site that we would like to read, and with the current state of the journalism industry, any internet traffic is good.

I did provide a link....

carter08
10-11-2009, 04:43 PM
I did provide a link....

oh, sorry.

i was so distracted by you saying you weren't going to post one that i didn't notice you going back on your word.
<3

IrishTex
You are so brave going to that website and sacraficing your computer potentially getting viruses to copy and paste that story and allow us to read it

Thank you Keith....Thank you sooo much!

Keith7
I did provide a link....

Why would anyone click on it if they can read the story on this thread

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 04:44 PM
oh, sorry.

i was so distracted by you saying you weren't going to post one that i didn't notice you going back on your word.
<3

Oh...sorry...I didn't notice me going back on my word at all....what I did notice is I provided a link to begin with...and you didn't see it...

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Why would anyone click on it if they can read the story on this thread

You just saw why.....some people want to see the link...so I provided a link...now you want to know why I provided a link...why don't you and emerson get together and discuss the pros and cons of links to a story??

:D

carter08
10-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh...sorry...I didn't notice me going back on my word at all....what I did notice is I provided a link to begin with...and you didn't see it...

also plz note the "<3" in the post and laugh a little.

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 04:48 PM
also plz note the "<3" in the post and laugh a little.

Gotcha....thanks...

:D

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh...one last thing and I'll drop this discussion.

I provide links to the story, and leave the option of the reader to click on the link...

If I just provide a link and no story, you must either click on the link to read the story, or don't read it at all. I like to provide options.

:)

Keith7
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
but again, if you copy and paste the story, NOBODY will click the link.. there is no point.. maybe you should copy half the story and paste it.. then put the link and the reader can click the link if they want to continue

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 04:57 PM
but again, if you copy and paste the story, NOBODY will click the link.. there is no point.. maybe you should copy half the story and paste it.. then put the link and the reader can click the link if they want to continue

That's a posibility...I'll try it next story..

skins4life
10-11-2009, 05:19 PM

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/10/84104355.jpg

Beleaguered Washington Redskins coach Jim Zorn has reason to look over his shoulder: Owner Daniel Snyder has reportedly contacted Mike Shanahan, both before the season and during the season, about coaching the team.

John Czarnecki of FoxSports.com writes:

Zorn appears to be a dead coach walking with old-timer Sherm Lewis hired to oversee his game plans. Word has it Snyder approached former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan in the offseason to be his head coach and has made another attempt during the season, only to be rebuffed both times. Despite being owed millions by Denver owner Pat Bowlen, Shanahan does want to return to the sidelines, but he wants to wait until the league season ends and consider his options.

It's a sign of how badly coached the Redskins have looked this year that it's not particularly surprising to see a report that Snyder attempted to hire Shanahan during the season -- even though, at 2-2, Zorn probably thinks he has time to turn the team around this year.

But one way or another, I'm sure Snyder will make Shanahan another offer at some point. The biggest question is whether Shanahan would accept: He'd probably rather work for an owner who's a little more hands-off than Snyder, but I imagine Snyder will give Shanahan about 10 million reasons to consider becoming the Redskins' coach in 2010.

Source (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/10/11/redskins-owner-dan-snyder-reportedly-called-mike-shanahan/)

NOTE from LewP:
Wait...did FanHouse use a quote from FoxSports???? Imagine that!!!
Thanks for the info and the link!!! I had completely forgot about coah Shanahan. I was thinking more on the lines of coach Gruden. Either would be a step up IMO, but opinions are like - - - - - - - - and everyone has one and some poeple are one. :D :D