PDA

View Full Version : Texas' McGee, Newton injured in win

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
ESPN.com news services

Injuries to No. 2 Texas' top-two running backs could leave the Longhorns shorthanded entering their faceoff with Big 12 South rival Oklahoma.

Junior Vondrell McGee left Saturday's 38-14 victory over Colorado in Austin during the second half with an injured left shoulder, and freshman Tre' Newton suffered a mild concussion in the first half.

Texas' ground game struggled against the Buffaloes (1-4), who limited the Longhorns to 46 yards rushing.

Texas (5-0) trailed 14-10 at halftime before taking control behind their defense and special-teams play.

"We're trying to get better in the running game and it didn't work," coach Mack Brown said after the game. "We've just got to keep looking at it."

Source (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4550879)

Old Tiger
10-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I foresee heavy doses of Fozzy and Monroe.

SHSBulldog00
10-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I foresee heavy doses of Fozzy and Monroe.

Fozzy from Pearland and D.J. from Angleton will have to carry the Texas running game. Brazoria County will watch their UT products very intently. Go Horns!

Move The Chains
10-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Fozzy from Pearland and D.J. from Angleton will have to carry the Texas running game. Brazoria County will watch their UT products very intently. Go Horns! Fozwhitt Whitaker and D.J. Monroe should be the feature backs ANYWAY!

I don't care anything about the Texas Longhorns, but I don't want my neighbors to the east to represent my county!

Go D.J. And go Fozzy!