trusteer/trublu
10-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
ITS 1:35 and OU STILL SUCKS about like your SW pick:devil: :devil: :devil:

TheDOCTORdre
10-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by trusteer/trublu
about like your SW pick:devil: :devil: :devil:

oh lookie here we have funny guy...its on like Donkey Kong...and I dont mind playing the role of a plumber to take Donkey Kong out lol...

gobbler grad
10-11-2009, 01:41 PM
going with them horns...:clap:

pirate4state
10-11-2009, 01:52 PM
UT offense needs to step it up in this game! They need a 14+ victory.

Inmateboss
10-11-2009, 02:56 PM
TEXAS by 10 :evilgrin:

Inmateboss
10-11-2009, 03:05 PM
let's get it started....OU or Texas?

Hey Trusteer /Trublue did you vote???:thinking:

DU_stud04
10-11-2009, 04:14 PM
oh lookie here we have funny guy...its on like Donkey Kong...and I dont mind playing the role of a plumber to take Donkey Kong out lol... hahaha, nice!

WTF-82
10-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I will go with the upset in a close one OU will not stop Colt but they will contain them and get the win. UT has won 2 big games over TT and Colorado with great special teams and big turnovers if OU can win these badles they have shot. Shipley is playing heisman type ball I have him over McCoy in the race.
OU with the win.
If the season were to end right now here is how I see it.
Heisman
1. Jimmy Claussen
2. Tim Tebow
3. Jordan Shipley

big daddy russ
10-11-2009, 05:38 PM
OU has the most athletic defense UT has faced this year. If that OU front seven lives in the offensive backfield without repercussions (which will happen if McCoy doesn't get the ball off) the Longhorns are in for a looong game. The way Colt's been playing, I don't see it happening.

OU by a TD, and only because Shipley keeps them in the game.

carter08
10-11-2009, 05:39 PM
tim tebow descends from the skies, takes over as coach/qb/rb/cb/ and k for ou, horns lose by 42.

Trashman
10-11-2009, 05:48 PM
0U does not have the O-line to score a lot of points. Texas has a tough time of it but still wins by 10, late.:D

aggiejon85
10-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Texas will knock Bradford out of the game by halftime, and the OU secondary cant stop McCoy and Shipley.

Texas by 21.

Old Tiger
10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
My mind says Texas by 13

My gut says Texas by a FG/7 points

GrTigers6
10-11-2009, 06:14 PM
OU couldn't even stop BYU. Its Texas all the way. No debate needed.:thinking:

trusteer/trublu
10-11-2009, 10:27 PM
oh lookie here we have funny guy...its on like Donkey Kong...and I dont mind playing the role of a plumber to take Donkey Kong out lol... good one Doc ...i enjoy a good exchange:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

TheDOCTORdre
10-11-2009, 10:31 PM
good one Doc ...i enjoy a good exchange:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

yeah they're so hard to come by nowadays without people getting their feelings hurt

Booter11
10-11-2009, 10:41 PM
shipley will add another special teams td to his list and colt will show everybody why he was a preseason heisman favorite... and to top it off, that longhorn d is gonna give bradford fits all day long... the horns will take this game by 14+

WTF-82
10-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Is Shipley in his 6th or 7th year in the college level. Colt is in his 5th just not sure on Shipley. They should be good. Been around the game a long time.

bevo
10-11-2009, 11:36 PM
This is generally a close game between them...given the exception of '2000 & '2003 it could have gone either way depending on the breaks. But UT has an advantage in the special teams this year and that could possibly make all the difference in this game too. I'll pick the Horns in a close one to make it (59-40-5) 4 out of the last 5.

Hookem' Horns!!!

trusteer/trublu
10-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Is Shipley in his 6th or 7th year in the college level. Colt is in his 5th just not sure on Shipley. They should be good. Been around the game a long time. amen...tell it all brother, tell it all!!!!!

trusteer/trublu
10-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss
Hey Trusteer /Trublue did you vote???:thinking: u know i did boss...and u know how i voted..BOOMER SOONER!!!! Boomer Sooner!!! :nerd: ;) :inlove:

IrishTex
10-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Sooners by 7

poisoned10
10-12-2009, 08:57 AM
As much as I hate to say this and would love OU to win, I don't think they will beat UT this year.

OU's offense is going to have to kick it up 1000 notches and the defense is going to have to stay tough.

OU can win, but I think Texas takes it again this year.

Daddy D 11
10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
The OU defense is great. But the OU offense is dismal at best.

Texas has too much speed on defense for OU. They wont be able to do enough offensively against UT to win.

TheDOCTORdre
10-12-2009, 11:29 AM
http://tacotown.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/txvsouv1.jpg

HOOK'EM

SHSBulldog00
10-12-2009, 11:54 AM

HOOK'EM

That's good enough for me Go Horns!!:devil:

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM

HOOK'EM LOL. Awesome!

trusteer/trublu
10-12-2009, 08:58 PM

HOOK'EM You plead a tuff case, Doc....but i'll take that girl and OU:devil: :devil: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TheDOCTORdre
10-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Its 11:52 and OU still sucks...

http://www.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/cuthbert1.jpg

one more reason to root for the Horns

HOOK'EM

Inmateboss
10-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Its 11:52 and OU still sucks...

http://www.burntorangenation.com/images/admin/cuthbert1.jpg

one more reason to root for the Horns

HOOK'EM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheerl: :iagree:

cshscougar08
10-13-2009, 11:23 AM
I voted, but I haven't weighed in yet. Basically my take is that it's a rivalry game and anything can happen. We have lost two games by one point each without our Heisman trophy winning quarterback playing. Both were away from Norman. The offense had a much better rhythm on Saturday with Bradford back on the field. It's really a comfort thing for the younger guys I feel. That said, they dropped beyond too many balls on Saturday. That can't happen on Saturday. If we play like we're capable of playing then I think we will win the game. If not, then it's gonna be a long day.

But I'll be there nonetheless, 40 yard line opposite the press box, row 13!!! Section 25 to be exact.

Boomer Sooner!!

Rustler
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM

HOOK'EM I wasn't even going to Vote.....But now I have to go with the HORNS...she is too good to go against her. Great Marketing Doc:clap: :clap:

hookandladder
10-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I voted, but I haven't weighed in yet. Basically my take is that it's a rivalry game and anything can happen. We have lost two games by one point each without our Heisman trophy winning quarterback playing. Both were away from Norman. The offense had a much better rhythm on Saturday with Bradford back on the field. It's really a comfort thing for the younger guys I feel. That said, they dropped beyond too many balls on Saturday. That can't happen on Saturday. If we play like we're capable of playing then I think we will win the game. If not, then it's gonna be a long day.

But I'll be there nonetheless, 40 yard line opposite the press box, row 13!!! Section 25 to be exact.

Boomer Sooner!!

I will be there also, heading down Friday noon. Will be in the RV parking lot at the fair, one big party. Still no tickets, if you know of any available. PM me.

SintonPirateFan
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
i voted Texas. As far as the heads up battle goes, OU wins the offense, but Texas wins Defense and Special teams.

As for this being Shipley's 6th year of eligibility, he was out all of one year with a knee injury....much like a certain OU quarterback who also got a 6th year of eligibility, AND won the Heisman if i remember right...

(Jason White)

HOOK EM!!

TheDOCTORdre
10-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Rustler
I wasn't even going to Vote.....But now I have to go with the HORNS...she is too good to go against her. Great Marketing Doc:clap: :clap:

I heard this is a tactic Mack uses in recruiting lol

cshscougar08
10-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I will be there also, heading down Friday noon. Will be in the RV parking lot at the fair, one big party. Still no tickets, if you know of any available. PM me.

Sure thing. The only ones I've heard of here obviously have been student tickets and I think that those require student ID as well. But I'll let ya know if I find out anything.

WildTexan972
10-13-2009, 01:05 PM
every school has some hot chicks and some dregs....so voting by posted pics is folly

OU has as good a defense as cow, and OU has played some much better opponents than has cow, so they have been made more battle ready than the kissin roommates and their teammates....I don't like either team, but I always hope cow loses

live life under 1 simple rule and you can be blessed - kill a cow and cook it, don't worship it....

BreckTxLonghorn
10-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Sure thing. The only ones I've heard of here obviously have been student tickets and I think that those require student ID as well. But I'll let ya know if I find out anything.

No tickets for the game are student ticket. Students get them, but since it is a neutral site, it is a standard admission ticket and is all part of the allotment given to each school. At least it was the past 7 years or so.

That being said h&l, while you may be able to buy a ticket to the OU Student section, I strongly advise against it if you're rooting for the Horns. If you're rooting for the Sooners, I strongly advise against sitting in the Texas section. If you wear neutral you should be alright, just don't get loud! I say this for two reasons:

1) Part of the awesome part of being at the game is being in 'your' teams section, all cheering together, and seeing two oceans of crimson and burnt orange split at the 50. It can give you chills the first time.

2) Every village has an idiot, and odds are the idiots are inebriated in the student section. Nothing against OU students or Texas students; just saying that's college kids for you, and the experience is 100x more enjoyable when you don't have to deal with an idiot who automatically has something against you because the color of your shirt or who you yell for.

Gonna be a funnnnn game to watch. I'm taking the banner down effective today and won't put it back up until if/when the Horns pull out a victory. It's a rivalry game, all bets are off.

HOOK'EM.

cshscougar08
10-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
No tickets for the game are student ticket. Students get them, but since it is a neutral site, it is a standard admission ticket and is all part of the allotment given to each school. At least it was the past 7 years or so.

That being said h&l, while you may be able to buy a ticket to the OU Student section, I strongly advise against it if you're rooting for the Horns. If you're rooting for the Sooners, I strongly advise against sitting in the Texas section. If you wear neutral you should be alright, just don't get loud! I say this for two reasons:

1) Part of the awesome part of being at the game is being in 'your' teams section, all cheering together, and seeing two oceans of crimson and burnt orange split at the 50. It can give you chills the first time.

2) Every village has an idiot, and odds are the idiots are inebriated in the student section. Nothing against OU students or Texas students; just saying that's college kids for you, and the experience is 100x more enjoyable when you don't have to deal with an idiot who automatically has something against you because the color of your shirt or who you yell for.

Gotcha on the tickets. I wasn't sure how that worked. I must admit my ticket is quite beautiful.

Agreed on where you sit. Plus no student likes their section infiltrated with old people. No offense h&l. ;)

Old Blue
10-13-2009, 03:26 PM
let's get it started....OU or Texas?

You have been cheering for the BLUE HORNS, now the BURNT ORANGE HORNS are going to gore you into submission.:)

Ragin Red
10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Old Blue
You have been cheering for the BLUE HORNS, now the BURNT ORANGE HORNS are going to gore you into submission.:)

:doh: My heart says to vote for TEXAS and so does my mind!!!
HOOK'EM HORNS :clap: :clap: This will be a close one I think.....

RMAC
10-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Well yeah I voted for the orange pretty boys, but that doesn't mean I want them to win. . .

RMAC
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Oh, and another thing. I was watching the ESPN afternoon show that's relatively new with the really hot girl and creepy looking older guy and they were talking about this; As a fan, do you REALLY want your QB to be so nice that he's best buddies with your rival? And this goes both ways here as obviously, it takes 2 to tango in this particular circle.
Personally, I say hell no. This is basically the Big 12 Championship game every year and you've got 2 starting QB's that have somehow become best buddies? WTH? This is college football folks! People live and die by this and you mean to tell me that the team leader is friends with the OTHER team's QB?! Now, I know you kinda have to chew our water out here in Lubbock, but I don't want any of what they got in the water in Norman OR Austin. Thoughts?

BreckTxLonghorn
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Well yeah I voted for the orange pretty boys, but that doesn't mean I want them to win. . .

Haha you know you do, deep down :D

gambler1606
10-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Bradford is back, Oklahoma is in control again. Stoops is a better Coach than Mack Brown. Barry Switzer will be on the side-lines, ABC will televize the game, Billy Sims will play Running Back and Brian Bosworth will play LB, the Red River will have Burnt Orange flowing from the banks.
Oklahoma 38
Texas 24

Daddy D 11
10-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
Bradford is back, Oklahoma is in control again. Stoops is a better Coach than Mack Brown. Barry Switzer will be on the side-lines, ABC will televize the game, Billy Sims will play Running Back and Brian Bosworth will play LB, the Red River will have Burnt Orange flowing from the banks.
Oklahoma 38
Texas 24

dumb post.

mrgreenblood
10-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by gambler1606
Oklahoma 38
Texas 24

I almost agree.....with just a few changes.Bradford IS back, but that means what? He really showed BYU, didn't he. Stoops may be the better coach. I sure am happy Texas has a better team. Switzer will be accompanied by Jerry Jones, and we all know what that means. Tv on ABC sounds good! Will Billy Simms bring his cane onto the field.....Oh, and Bosworth won't show because all needles have been banned from the Cotton Bowl. Besides, I hear that Bo will be there.

Oklahomo 10
Texas 31

Hook 'em Horns!!!!!!

espn1
10-13-2009, 06:31 PM
That's funny! I don't care who ya are!

HOOK'EM

cshscougar08
10-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Oh, and another thing. I was watching the ESPN afternoon show that's relatively new with the really hot girl and creepy looking older guy and they were talking about this; As a fan, do you REALLY want your QB to be so nice that he's best buddies with your rival? And this goes both ways here as obviously, it takes 2 to tango in this particular circle.
Personally, I say hell no. This is basically the Big 12 Championship game every year and you've got 2 starting QB's that have somehow become best buddies? WTH? This is college football folks! People live and die by this and you mean to tell me that the team leader is friends with the OTHER team's QB?! Now, I know you kinda have to chew our water out here in Lubbock, but I don't want any of what they got in the water in Norman OR Austin. Thoughts?

I personally don't care. Sam and Colt have the right to be friends with whoever they like. Plus I'm sure they aren't the only ones who are friends between the two teams. Remember most of the players for us are from Texas anyway so these guys have played with and against each other for years. If they are all friends, hey that's fantastic. Friends are a blessing to have. You know as well as I do that they aren't going to do anything to let the other win come Saturday. That's just being naive if you think that.

ivchris
10-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Texas by 3 touchdowns. They finally get it all clicking.

Gobbla2001
10-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Longhorn fan here... verrrrrry nervous Longhorn fan...

turbostud
10-13-2009, 10:13 PM
edited.~sinton66

TheDOCTORdre
10-13-2009, 10:19 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/2/2/633691317854419610-longhornshavethehottestshadowsincollegefootball.jp g

HOOK'EM HORNS

tiger eye
10-14-2009, 12:39 AM
mac wants to be back in the top two.

look for the tower to be bathed in burnt orange by dark.

da' horns by 21

eagleqb_14
10-14-2009, 07:09 AM
it just takes Texas a quarter or two to start putting points on the board. As most of you saw the Cu Ut game it was 14-10 at half, but the second half Texas came out exploding it was like they were a new team. They were scoring on special teams and defense! i got Texas all the way baby. GO HORNS:D

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Gotcha on the tickets. I wasn't sure how that worked. I must admit my ticket is quite beautiful.

Agreed on where you sit. Plus no student likes their section infiltrated with old people. No offense h&l. ;)

Hey, I am not that old 40 something. Also purchased 4 tickets in section 107, looks like pretty good seats. Be partying in RV parking lot Friday and Sat. nite.

StangEm
10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Colt has a career game in this one and rolls through the rest of the schedule. Might even get some personal hardware at the end of the season to go with the big crystal hardaware.

Horns by 17

SintonPirateFan
10-14-2009, 10:41 AM
razorgator.com has tickets (if you are willing to pay, of course)

range anywhere from 250-ish to 1400 a ticket.

p.s...it's 10:40 and OU still sucks!!

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
razorgator.com has tickets (if you are willing to pay, of course)

range anywhere from 250-ish to 1400 a ticket.

p.s...it's 10:40 and OU still sucks!!

Got mind for a cool $125 a ticket, 40 yardline TEXAS SIDE.

BwdLions
10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
I look for the Texas' offense to play much better against the sooners than they did against the Buffs. However, it will be the defense that carries them to victory. I will also say that the sooners' defense will keep them in the game (at least for the first half) until the Horns pull away for a 45-34 win. Hook 'Em!

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
http://www.quitetothecontrary.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/texas-girls.jpg

need I say more

HOOK'EM

Inmateboss
10-14-2009, 06:17 PM

need I say more

HOOK'EM

Nope, that should just about do it!!!! Like Bud you've said it all!:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

trusteer/trublu
10-14-2009, 10:38 PM

need I say more

HOOK'EM Dadburnit Doc, now cut that out! Nearly had me going with the Horns. thank for my momma getting me refocused....:bigcry: :cheerl: :foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

TheDOCTORdre
10-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Dadburnit Doc, now cut that out! Nearly had me going with the Horns. thank for my momma getting me refocused....:bigcry: :cheerl: :foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

hey I'm just trying to persuade those undecided souls and those who lean towards that state north of Texas, who they should be going for....

oh yeah
ITS 11:55 and OU STILL SUCKS

WTF-82
10-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
it just takes Texas a quarter or two to start putting points on the board. As most of you saw the Cu Ut game it was 14-10 at half, but the second half Texas came out exploding it was like they were a new team. They were scoring on special teams and defense! i got Texas all the way baby. GO HORNS:D

Thats were they get most of there points on defense and special teams thats the scary part. Gots to have a run game to score in the red zone againt decent teams.

eagleqb_14
10-15-2009, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Thats were they get most of there points on defense and special teams thats the scary part. Gots to have a run game to score in the red zone againt decent teams. i heard that their starting Running back is hurt

BwdLions
10-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
i heard that their starting Running back is hurt

That depends on which one you're calling the starter. Fozzy Whittaker, Tre newton, Vondrell McGee, and Cody Johnson have all either started or been co-starters this season. It's a running game by committee. I read yesterday on InsideTexas.com they'll all be ready to go on Sat.

rcbulldog34
10-15-2009, 10:27 AM
TEXAS!

cshscougar08
10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by rcbulldog34
TEXAS!

SUCKS!

rcbulldog34
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I said TEXAS not blow u

trusteer/trublu
10-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Old Blue
You have been cheering for the BLUE HORNS, now the BURNT ORANGE HORNS are going to gore you into submission.:) steers and sooners both will have good weekend

trusteer/trublu
10-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Ragin Red
:doh: My heart says to vote for TEXAS and so does my mind!!!
HOOK'EM HORNS :clap: :clap: This will be a close one I think..... you must have a headache with indigestion......Boomer Sooner!!!!

Gobbla2001
10-15-2009, 09:17 PM
SUCKS!

AT LOSING 2 OUT OF 5 GAMES!