PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee best 2-4 team in the state

Pancake_Block
10-11-2009, 11:02 AM
I am so proud of the Tiger players and coaches. You guys did what you had to do in conditions that did not suit the type of team that we are, a finesse team. Coming into this game we had passed for 75% (1,190) of our total offensive yards while only rushing for 371 yards in 5 games(avg. 74 a game). Obviously the conditions was not condusive to a passing game Friday night and the Silsbee coaches adjusted to this very well. We did complete a few critical passes in the first half that helped keep the drives going but in the end it was the Tiger rushing attack that led the way on offense. It is the first time this year that Silsbee had more rushing yards (120) than passing yards (95). Kudos to the players and coaches for making these adjustments and executing them on a field that was not going to allow for a good offensive night.

The Tiger defense was phenomenal!!! Holding WOS to just 65 total yards, 45 in the first half, only 20 in the second half, proved that you guys can play with the best of them and showed at least for that night, who is the best defense in 21-3A. WOS never really adjusted well to the conditions and Silsbee's defense made sure they paid for it. The defense has played very well for the last 4 weeks and they seem to be getting better and better as the season goes along. They are the team's strength as of now.

I really believe that the last 4 weeks has showed that the Tigers are building their way to peak at the right time and I really believe that Silsbee can make a good run in the playoffs. We still have 4 district games to win to get that coveted district title that we wanted so bad last year. Let's take care of business the rest of the district and be on a roll going into the playoffs.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 11:12 AM
best 2-4 team in the state? i'll probably buy that...........like i put on another site last night.............2003 Atlanta started 1-4. 8 wins later they had turned into a freaking monster!! they crushed a 13-0 buckeye team on there way to a gold ball. sometimes them early season whippings turn boys into men:thumbsup:

garciap77
10-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
best 2-4 team in the state? i'll probably buy that...........like i put on another site last night.............2003 Atlanta started 1-4. 8 wins later they had turned into a freaking monster!! they crushed a 13-0 buckeye team on there way to a gold ball. sometimes them early season whippings turn boys into men:thumbsup:

:iagree:

cntdwn
10-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Seems like an identical thing happened in Paris (Texas of course) within 10 years ago. They started 1-4 en route to a 4A title. Then they won state in baseball in the spring.

In 3A, I think Madisonville is the best 3-4 team right now but (like Smithville) are just in a tough league that makes post-season a challenge.

Pancake_Block
10-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Silsbee has 1 more very tough game in district with Orangefield.
The Bobcats are very much improved and they could very well beat WOS as well.