PDA

View Full Version : Needville vs Wharton

263A
10-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Needville coming off a W. Wharton coming off a loss. What will this week bring in the rivalry of the Jays and Tigers? Needville is out for revenge from last year. Will the Tigers pull an upset? They have the talent, but lack the focus. What are the score predictions?

SHSBulldog00
10-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Jays 35-7

263A
10-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Thinking the Jays by 18 over the Tigers! Hoping the Tigers by 18 over the Jays.

IHStangFan
10-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Needville SHOULD win by a bunch.....the operative word being "SHOULD".......Wharton has the talent to play spoiler, and has done it before.

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Needville by a lot.

45-13

D4C
10-12-2009, 02:19 PM
gotta take my Tigers they are a good team, and i think they will be ready to play come friday. GO TIGERS!!

JohnnieLightnin
10-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Wharton is struggling but has lost to some pretty good teams. Royal might be the best team in this district. Wharton needs a win on Friday to try and make the play-offs. Needville looks like a well-coached team that controls the ball and makes few mistakes. Nothing fancy except for a few "gadget" plays mixed in; they seem to play hard for 4 quarters and you can't ask for much more than that.

Pudlugger
10-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Needville will win this by 4 or more tds. Needville is big and very physical. They have good coaching, their offense is productive and their defense is very strong. Wharton has not impressed in their 6 games so far and I see little chance of them doing it against a solid opponent like Needville.

44INAROW
10-12-2009, 05:11 PM
The BlueJays win by 3 TD's

carter08
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
nerdville 42
wimpton 21

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by carter08
nerdville 42
wimpton 21 Lol.

and it's gonna be worse than that.

Antec
10-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Doubt Wharton will score three touchdowns-maybe 2

Have scored about 10 all season
one i Rice game which was stopped at halftime with Weather

carter08
10-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Doubt Wharton will score three touchdowns-maybe 2

Have scored about 10 all season
one i Rice game which was stopped at halftime with Weather

maybe.

needville can score 42 probably, wharton might be able to get 21 if they play their best.

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by carter08
maybe.

needville can score 42 probably, wharton might be able to get 21 if they play their best. It'll be like 35-7, Roark and company will pull the starters and Wharton will get a garbage TD or two.

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
It'll be like 35-7, Roark and company will pull the starters and Wharton will get a garbage TD or two. Exactly......Needville is avg. 31pts/game and allowing only 13.8pts/game. Wharton is allowing 33.3pts/game and scoring an avg. of 12pts/game.

Needville's 1st string D has pitched a couple of shutouts this year so far, i.e. against 4A Worthing, Splendora, Tidehaven.

If I'm not mistaken....teams to score on Needville's 1st string ....La Grange scored on the 1st string in their 28-22 win, Columbus managed 1 TD on the 1st string, and Columbia managed 1 TD on the 1st string.

***Disclaimer***

Let's not forget that Wharton LOVES to play spoiler and did so last year when they defeated Needville 21-3 in route to a 3-7 finish, while Needville went on to a 6-4 record and a 1st round exit at the hands of Sealy.

With that said....

Roark steps off the pedal in the 3rd......Wharton gets a couple of late scores on the Jays' 2nd unit.

Needville 41
Wharton 13

LHS 2SONS
10-13-2009, 07:36 AM
You are right IHS Stang, anything can happen, but not this year, Needville will win big

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Exactly......Needville is avg. 31pts/game and allowing only 13.8pts/game. Wharton is allowing 33.3pts/game and scoring an avg. of 12pts/game.

Needville's 1st string D has pitched a couple of shutouts this year so far, i.e. against 4A Worthing, Splendora, Tidehaven.

If I'm not mistaken....teams to score on Needville's 1st string ....La Grange scored on the 1st string in their 28-22 win, Columbus managed 1 TD on the 1st string, and Columbia managed 1 TD on the 1st string.

***Disclaimer***

Let's not forget that Wharton LOVES to play spoiler and did so last year when they defeated Needville 21-3 in route to a 3-7 finish, while Needville went on to a 6-4 record and a 1st round exit at the hands of Sealy.

With that said....

Roark steps off the pedal in the 3rd......Wharton gets a couple of late scores on the Jays' 2nd unit.

Needville 41
Wharton 13 Just for the sake of being correct, the Needville starting D played the entire game against Columbia.... so we managed 2 Td's on them.

Was 27-14 with like 9 mins to go. Every starter was still in the game at that point for both teams. Needville prceeded to get another TD after that to make it 33-14, and then they pulled Lehman and co.

Ex-Kat52
10-13-2009, 09:54 AM
You are right MTC. Needville did still have there starters in the game. Up to that point it was still a game. After that score Needville got back to running the ball right at Columbia and scored on a long drive to open the game up. It was a good game, just like I predicted with Needville winning by two and add one per turnover.

Moving on to Wharton should be a good game. I know that Needville has had some trouble in the past matching up with Wharton's speed. I think the bluejays will be able to match up better this year. They are a completely different team from last year, and are playing at a very high level right now. I like the Jays, but I am not going to make any predictions this week. Should be a good game. I like the rivelry between the two teams.

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Kat52
You are right MTC. Needville did still have there starters in the game. Up to that point it was still a game. After that score Needville got back to running the ball right at Columbia and scored on a long drive to open the game up. It was a good game, just like I predicted with Needville winning by two and add one per turnover.

Moving on to Wharton should be a good game. I know that Needville has had some trouble in the past matching up with Wharton's speed. I think the bluejays will be able to match up better this year. They are a completely different team from last year, and are playing at a very high level right now. I like the Jays, but I am not going to make any predictions this week. Should be a good game. I like the rivelry between the two teams. The Jays seem to have a bit better team speed as a whole this year, along with the usual size and strength. Lehman is a great runner and Berry is an accurate passer. They play good D, hit hard and cover well. I like their attitude and their "togetherness."

I think Sweeny is the only real team with a shot to beat them in district.

The usual Needville team with size and strength that plays smart football, but with a bit more athleticism than in year's past. :clap:

Trapper
10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Wharton could give Needville trouble because they have zero to lose. 0-6 (They have played some people in pre district)

Why they could win -
Wharton will load to box with all sorts of untriditional looked and bring pressure. Could have some big plays on the defensive side of the ball, if they can stop the run.

Wharton's Offense will be 3 and outs most of the night, until they break a long one (they will score in the open field). The Veer could give Needville's Force players trouble if the football is pitched to the edge.

Special teams - Return game is much better then Needville's (They have had more practice at it).

If they need alot of good things to happen for them to win this game, but Wharton was 1-5 last year at this time and beat Needville 21 - 3...

we will see..

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Just for the sake of being correct, the Needville starting D played the entire game against Columbia.... so we managed 2 Td's on them.

Was 27-14 with like 9 mins to go. Every starter was still in the game at that point for both teams. Needville prceeded to get another TD after that to make it 33-14, and then they pulled Lehman and co. My bad....Chronicle has the score at 33-7.

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 03:53 PM
My bad....Chronicle has the score at 33-7. Final was 33-14. I sent you texts. :confused:

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Final was 33-14. I sent you texts. :confused: I was in the DEEP piny woods of East Texas TRYING to bow hunt, but mainly getting rained on.....I got a few scattered texts, but my signal up there was almost non-existent.

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 04:28 PM
I was in the DEEP piny woods of East Texas TRYING to bow hunt, but mainly getting rained on.....I got a few scattered texts, but my signal up there was almost non-existent. Hmmm.... well. I did my best. Lol.

I sent a text at every score change. Oh well.

263A
10-13-2009, 05:35 PM
My son came home from school and said Wharton had "tryouts" for the Varsity football team yesterday. 6 games into the season they let all the freshman and jv players "tryout" for the Friday night roster. Is that normal??? Seems like this late in the season you would already be playing like a team. I guess the 0-6 record proves that isn't happening. But tryouts? Maybe it will work. Fight Tigers!!!

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Hmmm.... well. I did my best. Lol.

I sent a text at every score change. Oh well. I appreciate it too, thanks a bunch. :)

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Anyway, back to the game.

IHSF, you gonna make it to this one? That boy Shea Lehman is quite the athlete. If you haven't already seen, I nominated him for POTW last week. Go vote for him!

StangEm
10-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Not that it really matters but.....

Needville 28
Wharton 7

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by StangEm
Not that it really matters but.....

Needville 28
Wharton 7 Where are you from? :thinking:

Ex-Kat52
10-14-2009, 11:06 AM
When you say tryout, Do you mean that the everybody at every position. I really don't understand that move, but it seems to me like Wharton needs a little bit of a change of direction. I guess their coach thinks that this will get it done, or they just know that they have some younger kids on the sub varsity that can help their team.

Any more news on the tryouts?

StangEm
10-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Where are you from? :thinking:

Here and there..... :)

garciap77
10-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Needville SHOULD win by a bunch.....the operative word being "SHOULD".......Wharton has the talent to play spoiler, and has done it before.

IHStangFan you're back!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll take Needville!

Welcome back!:)

IHStangFan
10-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
IHStangFan you're back!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll take Needville!

Welcome back!:) Hey gp77, I'm around amigo. Just very busy. Hope you are well!

sTx
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Needville a good team this year, but i dont see them blowing out wharton, i expect the tigers to come ready to play and at least keep it close

Antec
10-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Jays by at least 3 touchdowns

falcon_fan
10-15-2009, 09:02 AM
needville 35
wharton 7

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by falcon_fan
needville 35
wharton 7 then the backups come in.

Trapper
10-15-2009, 10:21 AM
I Agree with sTx...Wharton will keep it close...try out or not.

teetle
10-15-2009, 10:57 AM
Needville gonin to kick some Tiger booty. Rork know what he doing. He know if he keep the pressure on, thes Tigers will fold. He know that. He seen it. He probably laughing about it. Go Bluebirds.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hairpunk:

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by teetle
Needville gonin to kick some Tiger booty. Rork know what he doing. He know if he keep the pressure on, thes Tigers will fold. He know that. He seen it. He probably laughing about it. Go Bluebirds.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :hairpunk: Geez that's annoying. Not even funny like Bocephus.

teetle
10-15-2009, 02:19 PM
i don'ts knows who Bo is. I's use too hate ons Needville. Theys proved me wrong. Sometimes i can'ts spelll, but i dos the best that i can and I loves my Tigers. So Make fun of someones else. I dos the best that i can.:D :D :D

BaTmAn24
10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by sTx
Needville a good team this year, but i dont see them blowing out wharton, i expect the tigers to come ready to play and at least keep it close

I disagree. The tigers are not very good this year and Needville will walk all over them. Needville by at least 2 TD's

jaydog34
10-16-2009, 08:18 AM
i saw where the jays took it to wharton on the jv level last night. is this a preview of things to come tonight. i noticed wharton didnt have a freshman team, just wondering if there were a bunch of freshman on the wharton team last night.

Ex-Kat52
10-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by jaydog34
i saw where the jays took it to wharton on the jv level last night. is this a preview of things to come tonight. i noticed wharton didnt have a freshman team, just wondering if there were a bunch of freshman on the wharton team last night.

I was at the game last night. You could tell that there is some tension between these two program. Wharton called a timeout with about a minute left in the game. Needville in return put their starters back in the game got the first down and then went for the TD. I know that these two schools don't like each other very much. SHould be an intense game tonight. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

I think that with all of the tryouts this week, the Wharton Tigers might have moved some key players on their JV up to help on the Varsity. Looks to me like they are looking for an answer. Just in my opinion the wrong week to try something different. Our boys are playing well right now, and I know that the coaches are going to get them ready to play against Wharton.

Kojak
10-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Needville by 17.

jaydog34
10-16-2009, 11:15 AM
there is no doubt this is a big time game for the jays, i know they want nothing more to beat them tonight at thier place. i cant wait for this game to start. talking to some of the jv kids last night after the game they were telling me how much trash the varisty guys were already talking about the game tonight. should be a war.

Move The Chains
10-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Needville by 4 TD's.

Blackcat1954
10-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Wharton will hopefully give Needville a better game than Tidehaven did.

Big rivarly even though coaches downplay it

I think its biggeer than Wharton-El Campo game

The Jays seem to get up for the Tigers

IHStangFan
10-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Getting ready to head out to the game. GO JAYS!!

IHStangFan
10-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Needville takes are rather conservative approach and lets Wharton hang around. In the 2nd half Wharton looked pretty dang good running the ball.

Needville 20
Wharton 13
Final

263A
10-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Tigers played much better ball tonight! Good job guys. Nice to see the improvements.

IHStangFan
10-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by 263A
Tigers played much better ball tonight! Good job guys. Nice to see the improvements. yup, Wharton looked pretty dang good in the 2nd half. Showed some real grit! Hats off to the Tigers, and good luck going forward.

TIGER FAN
10-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by 263A
Tigers played much better ball tonight! Good job guys. Nice to see the improvements.

Looks like to me that the tryouts worked! Much better lookin team 2night that played with heart. Great job Hunt!