PDA

View Full Version : Vicente Padilla gets the last laugh

IrishTex
10-11-2009, 07:06 AM
Unemployed in August and a star for the Los Angeles Dodgers in October. Once Vicente Padilla got out of the first inning, he slammed the door on the St. Louis Cardinals' season.

Amazing to me how the fortunes of this pitcher turned at the very end of the season. Many of us Rangers fans hated to see him take the mound, for fear of who he was going to hit in the game and start another bench-clearing brawl..

Padilla, designated for assignment by the Rangers in early August, was 4-0 the final month with the Dodgers before shutting down the Cardinals on four hits over seven innings in his first career postseason appearance. After escaping a bases-loaded jam in the first inning he was dominant, retiring 19 of 21 hitters against a team he last faced in 2003.

"Big lineup," Padilla said through an interpreter. "I just tried to make the pitches that I knew I was capable of throwing."

So, while the Rangers sit at home watching the post-season games, here is Padilla having a huge successful post-season. And I imagine a huge payday as well.

Let this be a lesson that sometimes, getting fired might be a good idea..

:thinking:

:D

scrub c
10-11-2009, 07:44 AM
I think the old saying is... every kick in the A$$ is a kick up...

Maroon87
10-11-2009, 10:01 AM
In the business world, that's called "failing forward."

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 10:05 AM
he is still a punk and i for 1 am glad he is gone