PDA

View Full Version : Palacios At Cuero

Antec
10-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Sharks made it 3-0 at home in Black Jerseys against Goliad 7-0

Now they will be wearing White in Cuero

If Shiner put up 43 points on them-How many can the Gobblers score?

And Shiner only beat Louise 20-18 on Friday

SHSBulldog00
10-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Cuero 49-0

44INAROW
10-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Homecoming this week for the Gobblers against the Sharks. After a very close game against Yoakum, I think the Gobblers come out fired up and ready to play. Gobbler stadium will be packed and there will be sea of green and white. As usual, I make no prediction on the outcome of the game, but I think Palacios will get a dose of REALITY :) (That was for you N.A.).

GO MEAN GREEN

29-3aFAN
10-11-2009, 02:43 AM
I think the Cuero backups put up some good numbers too. Cuero by 45.

CueroDad08
10-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Well this is the game the 7 on 7 guys marked on there calenders.
A smooth 77- 7 score would look really good on the new scoreboard.

gobbler grad
10-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
Well this is the game the 7 on 7 guys marked on there calenders.
A smooth 77- 7 score would look really good on the new scoreboard.

I like the way you are thinking...:thinking:

XtremeCouture
10-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Let's just hope cuero doesn't get scared of palacios like they did yoakum

Blue42
10-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
Yes I hear that Cuero never wants to play Yoakum again because the almost beat them.:inlove:

carter08
10-11-2009, 04:39 PM
cuero is overrated.

go sharks.

not that they can win, but cuero is overrated and i think palacios keeps it within 35.

44INAROW
10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I like the way you are thinking...:thinking:

go back and read the post by the onetime only poster REALITY then you'll understand my post ;)

Originally posted by carter08
cuero is overrated.

Hi Carter - ;)

Johnny Utah
10-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Cuero wins big and Shiner might get 2nd in that district!! LOL

carter08
10-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
go back and read the post by the onetime only poster REALITY then you'll understand my post ;)

Hi Carter - ;)

i hadn't had a chance to state that in at least 2 years, so i thought this would be the best chance.

still bitter about that 21-7 playoff loss where columbia outplayed cuero after the first quarter? yes.

44INAROW
10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
i hadn't had a chance to state that in at least 2 years, so i thought this would be the best chance.

still bitter about that 21-7 playoff loss where columbia outplayed cuero after the first quarter? yes.
gotta play 4 quarters to win ;)

carter08
10-11-2009, 06:08 PM
gotta play 4 quarters to win ;)

cuero only had to play one.
:)

CueroDad08
10-11-2009, 07:15 PM

"SCARED"? How can any kid be "scared" to play in the states 2nd oldest rival game 99 years in a row?

Mean Green Fan
10-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Cuero should come back with a veagence.
Cuero wins by alot

Carter get over it;)

Antec
10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Wharton and El Campo played for the 100th time just a few weeks ago

El Campo and Bay City will play for 103rd or 104th time on Oct. 30

G Tiger
10-12-2009, 08:55 AM
The sharks had no offense against goliad there only score was on a fumble recovery on goliads 2 yard line. Goliad also had no offense there done

Blue42
10-12-2009, 09:11 AM
cuero is overrated.

go sharks.

not that they can win, but cuero is overrated and i think palacios keeps it within 35.
Yes it is funny that Cuero is always overrated and yet still playing football in late December.

rojosgirl
10-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh My! It's early in the week and already I'm hearing "overrated" and "scared" about the Gobblers. GIVE ME A BREAK! Get over yourselves and give the Gobblers the respect they deserve. If that's not you opinion, so be it. Remember what your Mommas said - if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all! Have a nice day.

Gobblers roll . . . . .:)

Footballhudini
10-12-2009, 10:32 AM
hopefully palacios starts their 3rd stringers to keep this one close.

Palacios 44
Gobblers 9

rojosgirl
10-12-2009, 10:59 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wtfootball
10-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Enjoy it Cuero, eventually you will have to play Monahans..........the real Mean Green.

pirate4state
10-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini

Palacios 44
Gobblers 9

ROFL!

XtremeCouture
10-12-2009, 12:44 PM

Palacios 44
Gobblers 9

i think palacios will seek revenge for all the bad sportsmanship from cuero in years past when they ran the score up.

palacios 77
cuero 0

IrishTex
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
It's always comical to me how people try to set up who ever Cuero is playing ..like there is gonna be some sort of competitive game that week.

Doesn't it get old for the Cuero faithful to do this gaming thing when in reality..Cuero rolls every week...I enjoyed seeing the updates this past friday..I think that was the closest game Cuero has played in years..

:D

44INAROW
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
It's always comical to me how people try to set up who ever Cuero is playing ..like there is gonna be some sort of competitive game that week.

Doesn't it get old for the Cuero faithful to do this gaming thing when in reality..Cuero rolls every week...I enjoyed seeing the updates this past friday..I think that was the closest game Cuero has played in years..

it was certainly the closest District game since 2002 - I haven't looked back, but I think the last loss in District was in 2002 to Gonzales.

rojosgirl
10-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I think you're right 44. And it was in Gonzales. I was there and it was very painful! :dispntd:

Blackcat1954
10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
What year and if was the last time Palacios ever beat Cuero

bleacherbum
10-12-2009, 04:45 PM
What year and if was the last time Palacios ever beat Cuero

Palacios an Cuero have played eight times since 1998 with the Gobblers winning all of them.

carter08
10-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Blue42
Yes it is funny that Cuero is always overrated and yet still playing football in late December.

it is funny. i'm laughing right now.

cuero is overrated. not saying they aren't good, but they're overrated still.

carter08
10-12-2009, 04:48 PM
but really, cuero rolls in this one.

Antec
10-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks

cntdwn
10-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Palacios is scared to death of Cuero. Forget it.

Cuero by 55

CHSfan
10-12-2009, 08:37 PM

cuero is overrated. not saying they aren't good, but they're overrated still.

you are quite a character..

Antec
10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Gobblers are 35-point favorite on huddleuptexas.com

carter08
10-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
you are quite a character..

because i'm not giving cuero an automatic pass to the finals just because they can destroy palacios every year?

Footballhudini
10-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Antec

is 35 the max spread?

Gobbler Fan
10-12-2009, 11:13 PM

Who is saying anything about the finals ? This week we play Palacios and not to say anything bad about Palacios butI just dont think they can beat Cuero this year . Cuero by 3td

You really need to move on and get over the butt kicking Cuero gave WC in the playoff's ...and yes the better team did win ;) :p

29-3aFAN
10-13-2009, 01:41 AM

Same as last week right?

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 02:31 AM

cuero is overrated. not saying they aren't good, but they're overrated still. You have my attention...but.....

I'll throw a few stats out there just for comparison.

West Columbia (1-4):

1477 Total Yds:

1243 Rushing Yds - 5.09yds/carry

234 Passing Yds - 9.75yds/catch

81 First Downs

Scoring:

Avg PA/game: 32
Avg PF/game: 16.4

Cuero (6-0):

2325 Total yds:

1303 Rushing Yds - 6.36yds/carry

1022 Passing Yds - 15.97yds/catch

120 First Downs

Scoring:

Avg PA/game: 12.3
Avg PF/game: 30.8

Advantage Cuero....by a lot....for many reasons....

Not trying to punk out WC....but trying to find a basis for your statement. I am genuinely curious.

Spread It Out
10-13-2009, 02:36 AM
is 35 the max spread?

Yes.

carter08
10-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
You have my attention...but.....

West Columbia (1-4):

1477 Total Yds:

81 First Downs

Scoring:

Cuero (6-0):

2325 Total yds:

120 First Downs

Scoring:

Not trying to punk out WC....but trying to find a basis for your statement. I am genuinely curious.

i never said west columbia was underrated. or rated at all. or any good. or blah blah blah.

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 09:43 AM
You have my attention...but.....

West Columbia (1-4):

1477 Total Yds:

81 First Downs

Scoring:

Cuero (6-0):

2325 Total yds:

120 First Downs

Scoring:

Not trying to punk out WC....but trying to find a basis for your statement. I am genuinely curious. Lol. Noone said WC is worth anything this year.

One of own coaches said this: "Let me tell you a secret. We suck." :thinking:

rojosgirl
10-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Somebody should have his head (or other body parts) on a platter for that comment! ;)

headhunter
10-13-2009, 11:37 AM
If Cuero is overrated then where would you rank us in the top 25 poll? If you put us in the top 8 teams then you really can't say Cuero is overrated.

Let me see your list of top 25 teams Carter and if you are so smart go ahead and break it down by region and rank top 10 in Region IV.

I hope we are not up in the top.

And a little more info, Yoakum was a dang good team last week, I am not sure how they are 2-4, They have size and a great special teams, they also tackle very well. Sometimes good teams don't play their best but they still find a way to win. I look at it this way. Cuero is 6-0 and have beaten the teams they were supposed to beat, LaVernia was supposed to be the toughest test and they took care of business, Yoakum played the game of their life and Cuero played the worst game both sides of the ball and still found a way to get it together late in the game and pull out a W. I think they deserve to be ranked pretty high in the state. I do think the Gobblers have a longway to go before they can think about bringing home a state title. It's the little things that win games in December and thats what they have to work on. But right now they have earned their ranking.

Give me your list

Cowboy_Up
10-13-2009, 11:52 AM
So headhunter, is your mind blown?

Or, is it whenever Cuero gets in a close game it'll always be because the other team played the "game of their lives" and Cuero played terrible?

XtremeCouture
10-13-2009, 12:23 PM
cuero did drop a lot of passes and they couldn't tackle hights but i'm sure there's a good reason for that... possibly they aren't as good as headhunter thinks.

Gobbla2001
10-13-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't see how anyone here can say Cuero is overrated or underrated unless they've watched all of the top 20 or so teams play... if you haven't, well your opinion is overrated.... and that's a damn fact...

headhunter
10-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Mr. Cowboy Up

GO READ MY POST ON THE CUERO YOAKUM UPDATE THREAD.

I believe I mentioned something about the game. Yes I can say I was wrong in my prediction about the game, I did think Cuero would blow them out, and I still think Cuero is a better team then they played last Friday. Realistically Yoakum did play a great game and probably should have won. You ask if my mind is blown, and my answer is no. I will stand by my statement that Cuero is by far the better team in district. Do I think Cuero is the best team in the state? NO I actually think they rank somewhere between 8-12. Does the best team always win state? No, you have to catch a few breaks and things have to go your way at just the right time.

I do feel that the Gobblers are one of the top two teams in Region IV, they have a great offense led by a great QB along with one of the best Soph. RB in 3A. That is not wins state championships though. Defense is what wins games in December. Say what you want but more times then not it comes down to who can stop who in crunch time. They have to get that killer instinct back and really punish people on D.

Cowboy Up, where you at the game? If so, I do believe that was one of the best games I have seen Yoakum play, especially for the first three qtrs. They played with a lot of energy. Also they caught a lot of breaks early in the game. That's football!!! I can honestly say that was oe ofthe worst games I have seen the kids from Cuero play, they just looked flat. So yes it took both of thse factors to make the game like it was. Am I making excuses? HECK NO! I just tell it like I see it. I watched the game just like you and these are my opinions about the game and the Gobblers chances at a playoff run.

Right now the Gobblers have put themselves in a position to go 10-0 and make arun at another semifinal appearance, Yes you have to take one game at a time and once the playoffs start you just hope things are going your way, sometimes luck will get you a ring rather than talent, normally you have to have both.

headhunter
10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
cuero did drop a lot of passes and they couldn't tackle hights but i'm sure there's a good reason for that... possibly they aren't as good as headhunter thinks.

How good do I think Cuero is?

I think they are good enough to represent Region VI in the playoffs. DO I think they can win it all? I cannot answer that, I hope they can.

Let me aske you XtremeCOuture - Do you think Cuero should win the REgion IV championship or is there better teams in REgion IV?

pirate4state
10-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Why is everyone wound up over something carter posted? :rolleyes:

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why is everyone wound up over something carter posted? :rolleyes: Lol. My thoughts. :thinking:

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I don't see how anyone here can say Cuero is overrated or underrated unless they've watched all of the top 20 or so teams play... if you haven't, well your opinion is overrated.... and that's a damn fact... What if you've seen a lot of the top 20 but not all? Then that person could put together a pretty good idea of what's what.

12thMan
10-13-2009, 03:04 PM
I was at the Yoakum game and I agree with headhunter. Cuero played poor and Yoakum played very good the first 3 qtr. Thats not an excuse, thats the fact Jack. Enough about Cuero's game v. Yoakum. We'll see Edna the last game of the regular season to determine who wins district. I know thats a few weeks away, but I know the Cowboys would choose to get beat by a highly rated Gobbler team than to a underrated Gobbler team.

pirate4state
10-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
I was at the Yoakum game and I agree with headhunter. Cuero played poor and Yoakum played very good the first 3 qtr. Thats not an excuse, thats the fact Jack. Enough about Cuero's game v. Yoakum. We'll see Edna the last game of the regular season to determine who wins district. I know thats a few weeks away, but I know the Cowboys would choose to get beat by a highly rated Gobbler team than to a underrated Gobbler team. Funny, I'd think Edna would rather not lose at all. LOL

Cowboy_Up
10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
... We'll see Edna the last game of the regular season to determine who wins district. I know thats a few weeks away, but I know the Cowboys would choose to get beat by a highly rated Gobbler team than to a underrated Gobbler team. Heck, according to headhunter and a few other Cuero posters, no other D28 team should even show up to play Cuero. Promise to take it easy on the Cowboys...please.

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Lol. Noone said WC is worth anything this year.

One of own coaches said this: "Let me tell you a secret. We suck." :thinking: I realize that....but since he is used to seeing WC &.....predicted they would beat Needville by 3TDs...I guess I thought that HE thought the Necks were good. LOL. Kidding....seriously though...was just using WC as a basis of comparison to show the difference between a not so good team....and a pretty dang good team. I was just curious about his reasoning for stating Cuero was over-rated. I personally think they are ranked right about where they should be. Maybe he noticed something w/ the Gobblers that I may have missed. :redX:

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 03:52 PM
I realize that....but since he is used to seeing WC &.....predicted they would beat Needville by 3TDs...I guess I thought that HE thought the Necks were good. LOL. Kidding....seriously though...was just using WC as a basis of comparison to show the difference between a not so good team....and a pretty dang good team. I was just curious about his reasoning for stating Cuero was over-rated. I personally think they are ranked right about where they should be. Maybe he noticed something w/ the Gobblers that I may have missed. :redX: Nope it's just carter. He makes absurd predictions all the time. Noone in their right mind would pick WC over Needville by 35 (he changed it to 35 from 21) like he did. He's just pulling for us and will say anything. Hell, I honestly didn't think Needville was going to be as good as they were and I thought we would fare better against ya'll than we did against other teams. Wasn't the case.

I think it was more of Needville being better than he thought (and me too) than it was of thinking highly of WC. Haven't thought we were too great since 2006.

bleacherbum
10-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Heck, according to headhunter and a few other Cuero posters, no other D28 team should even show up to play Cuero.

Well if everything works out like it should this year, this will be a seventh straight District Championship without a loss. I think the trend is starting to speak for itself.

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Nope it's just carter. He makes absurd predictions all the time. Noone in their right mind would pick WC over Needville by 35 (he changed it to 35 from 21) like he did. He's just pulling for us and will say anything. Hell, I honestly didn't think Needville was going to be as good as they were and I thought we would fare better against ya'll than we did against other teams. Wasn't the case.

I think it was more of Needville being better than he thought (and me too) than it was of thinking highly of WC. Haven't thought we were too great since 2006. Well...there's one thing I DO know and have learned from watching football all these years.....9 times out of 10.....things change, and nobody stays "on top" or "up" forever. Take LH for example....the last handful of years they were virtually unbeatable......now it would seem that isn't the case.

Cuero is usually the only exception to that rule in Reg. IV. They are good year in and year out.

This year is no exception...sure....they have some young players at certain positions, but overall, they are still the same, big, strong, fast, hard-hitting team the Gobblers always field.....but the thing is....look at their stats.....look how balanced they are. They are truly multi-dimensional...they can kill you w/ the run....they can kill you w/ the pass. Their special teams is excellent too. On D, they are just as fast as they are on O. I'm not saying they're world beaters......but I DO believe they are ranked right about where they should be......so over-rated? Not in my opinion.

Gobbler Fan
10-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
Heck, according to headhunter and a few other Cuero posters, no other D28 team should even show up to play Cuero. Promise to take it easy on the Cowboys...please.

I'll say this Edna has done nothing in this District zilch nada in football. Cuero on the other hand has not lost a District game in 5 years ---so simple logic should have Cuero as the favorite until someone proves otherwise and beats them and as close as the game was last week the outcome was a Cuero win . This doesnt just apply to Cuero but any team that has dominated their Distric the way the Gobblers have the last 5 years should be favored . I'll take it a step further and say Cuero has represented our District and Region quite well in the playoffs with classy team's and a great fanbase win or lose year in and year out.
^^^^^^^^
All this is fact ... you can either like it or not thats up to you
GO MEAN GREEN !

Good luck to your cowboy's ;)

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Well...there's one thing I DO know and have learned from watching football all these years.....9 times out of 10.....things change, and nobody stays "on top" or "up" forever. Take LH for example....the last handful of years they were virtually unbeatable......now it would seem that isn't the case.

Cuero is usually the only exception to that rule in Reg. IV. They are good year in and year out.

This year is no exception...sure....they have some young players at certain positions, but overall, they are still the same, big, strong, fast, hard-hitting team the Gobblers always field.....but the thing is....look at their stats.....look how balanced they are. They are truly multi-dimensional...they can kill you w/ the run....they can kill you w/ the pass. Their special teams is excellent too. On D, they are just as fast as they are on O. I'm not saying they're world beaters......but I DO believe they are ranked right about where they should be......so over-rated? Not in my opinion. I don't think they're overrated. I've got them either at #3 or 4 in my poll. Can't remember.

12thMan
10-13-2009, 04:57 PM
I have never seen a Gobbler poster say anything about another team being over rated. As Cuero, we understand we have a target on our backs in Reg. IV. IMO, to be the man, you have to beat the man. I'd say we have played some tough teams in the playoffs in reg. IV. the last few years. This year will be no exception, we can't wait.

Rankings don't mean anything. Thats why you play the game. Our play speaks for itself. Who would of thought Cuero would be playing La Feria last year in the Reg. final. We were looking to play Cole Hubble and the Bandera Bears. But LF was the better team that night. Overrated, Underated, you can throw all that away. A win is a win. Lets see if there's a team in our district that can knock Cuero off in district play.

carter08
10-13-2009, 05:12 PM
i love people taking me seriously.

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 05:36 PM
i love people taking me seriously. Almost as bad as Phil. :doh:

Blue42
10-13-2009, 06:28 PM
i love people taking me seriously.
Hey Carter I know the Necks are having trouble this season so why don't you come to our side its easy just go to a Gobbler game stand up and shout GO MEAN GREEN! when Cuero makes a TD. The only other initiation is that you have to go to Don Bravos eat any meal and be able to hold it down (we lose a lot of new fans on that one).

carter08
10-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Blue42
Hey Carter I know the Necks are having trouble this season so why don't you come to our side its easy just go to a Gobbler game stand up and shout GO MEAN GREEN! when Cuero makes a TD. The only other initiation is that you have to go to Don Bravos eat any meal and be able to hold it down (we lose a lot of new fans on that one).

i ain't driving all the way to cuero!

Gobbla2001
10-13-2009, 06:41 PM
I live 10 minutes from Edna... I've seen them play twice this year... I'll say this: Edna isn't a pushover...

and I will also say this: I really haven't seen Edna play this year, but I still don't think they're a pushover...

Also, I do not take carter08 seriously...

and I'll also add this: I stand by my comments, if you haven't seen the top 20 or so play, esspecially the team you're talking about, chances are your poll is overrated and based on nothing but names and scores...

If someone were to ask me what I'd seriously rank Cuero, #1 I couldn't be serious about telling you because I haven't seen the other teams play this year, but if there were a gun to my head I'd say around 10 or so, with Sealy 1 spot behind because I'm from Cuero and I'm not supposed to like Sealy being better than Cuero...

As for the whole Cuero/Yoakum matchup... Cuero could be 9-0, ranked #1 in the state and blowing out good teams all year... Yoakum or Gonzales could be 0-9 and losing to bad teams by bunches of points... in that scenerio, Cuero fans would go into Yoakum or Gonzales for a game and STILL be nervous as all hell.. These teams get the hell up for Cuero because of the rivalries... hell, in '98 Gonzales hung dead turkeys all over the place and threw frozen ones around the school-yard with stove-top boxes shoved up the rears... they don't like us and they think beating us makes them something... that year in '98 Gonzales beat us... they weren't good that year and Cuero went to State... you do the math...

This year's Cuero team had no appreciation for Yoakum, they've blown 'em out ever since they've been in high school... they just couldn't get up for the game and DID play a terrible game... These receivers DON'T drop passes but DID: terrible. Arndt DOESN'T overthrow receivers wide-open in the endzone but DID: terrible. The Gobblers don't make turnovers, they don't make stupid penalties, but they DID, terrible. The defense? I dunno, either Yoakum played terrible in the 4th qt when the Gobbs were stoppin' 'em or the Cuero D played terrible in the first three qts while the 'Dawgs were making some good plays... dunno what to think there... I'll say Yoakum was just more determined...

I don't know how to explain it... our attitude going into Yoakum my senior year was "blah" to say they least... we'd blown 'em out since we'd been in HS... but we got our asses beat by 'em (now, that year they were actually good, so maybe they beat us anyway, but I'm tellin' you, we didn't take 'em seriously)...

For me, this was a great game for Cuero... you come out actin' like you're all bad and guess what, it didn't work, you still have to play the game.. and with their backs against the wall, down 23-7 in the 4th qt (a 4th and goal from the 28 for crying outloud), those Gobblers nutted up and left those fine folks from 15 miles north feelin' a little low in that cool breeze saturday mornin'... bet they didn't even pick the paper up in the front yard... hell, I wouldn't have...

Great job, Gobblers!... get your heads out of your asses!

Cowboy_Up
10-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Gobbla...
come on down to my house this Friday...get a little warmed up and lets go watch the cowboys and bulldogs get it on!

Them Sharks are only going to keep it interesting for a little while, but Cowboys/'dogs, that's gonna be a ballgame.

Your post is spot on and it's why I was giving HH a hard time. No one, and I mean no one questions the dominance you all have had over 28, but hey, we're still gonna strap it on tight and give it a go. To diminish that is to disrespect the kids who are actually looking forward to seeing if they match up with them gobblers. Know what I mean?

BTW, I've seen Cuero play, and they are no pushover.

ps...did you play with a guy named Nessel? He coaches our o-line...we made him and Birchem get rid of all their green before we let it come on.

44INAROW
10-13-2009, 08:00 PM
The Edna/Yoakum game should be a good one ;)

Gobbla2001
10-13-2009, 08:02 PM
didn't cartch your edit, CowboyUp... yes, I played with one...

Gobbla2001
10-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
yes, I played with one...

wow... my replies tonight seem very....... weird?

Cowboy_Up
10-13-2009, 08:12 PM
The Edna/Yoakum game should be a good one ;)

Sorry 44, if I want to have any fun I've got to hang around a Cuero thread. Any thread about Edna is on the 4th page after an hour:)

44INAROW
10-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Sorry 44, if I want to have any fun I've got to hang around a Cuero thread. Any thread about Edna is on the 4th page after an hour:)

lol I understand - I'm just glad to see things are finally "hopping" on the downlow.. it's been kinda slow lately. and I was serious - your game this week is going to be a good one....

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 08:58 PM
i love people taking me seriously. I love it when it's impossible to have a civil, educated, adult conversation about football on a football web board....but rather...everyone tries to stir the pot and then use the old "ironic-funny" angle when they get called on it. :D ;)

crabman
10-13-2009, 09:59 PM
One comment on the playoffs that is always appropriate this time of year: The playoffs do not determine the best team. The playoffs determine the champion. Big difference.

CueroDad08
10-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Heck, according to headhunter and a few other Cuero posters, no other D28 team should even show up to play Cuero. Promise to take it easy on the Cowboys...please.

Cowboy_Up, Lets make this easy........You go help the Cowboys take care of who you have left to play, If you can Help them do this. Then guess what.........You can come to Cuero at end of the year and prove just how good you think you are. I have not read anyone from Cuero say the rest of the distric should not even show up. Those kind of thoughts come from former Cowboys that have got there butt's kicked over the years and feel this is the year the can play with teams like Cuero. Like I said, Do your job and we will see if they are ready at end of the year.

XtremeCouture
10-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by headhunter
How good do I think Cuero is?

I think they are good enough to represent Region VI in the playoffs. DO I think they can win it all? I cannot answer that, I hope they can.

Let me aske you XtremeCOuture - Do you think Cuero should win the REgion IV championship or is there better teams in REgion IV?

in division 2 there's never a team good enough team to compete with cuero in region 4.

carter08
10-13-2009, 11:05 PM
I love it when it's impossible to have a civil, educated, adult conversation about football on a football web board....but rather...everyone tries to stir the pot and then use the old "ironic-funny" angle when they get called on it. :D ;)

uhhh.
lolz?

bandera7
10-14-2009, 12:10 AM
We were looking to play Cole Hubble and the Bandera Bears.

You got the initials right, but we are the bulldogs haha

tiger eye
10-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Gobblers in a trot !

safe outing, not close though !

12thMan
10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
You got the initials right, but we are the bulldogs haha
Sorry, I get a little mixed up these days. Hows the QB situation in Bandera?

fourbeee
10-15-2009, 07:19 AM
No offense to the kids at Palacios, but this game is not even worth talking about, especially picking a winner. Cuero probably needs to let their JV play most of game. This game can't help Cuero get ready for the playoffs. Make sure nothing happens to Jackson, if the game gets ugly. Sometimes frustration can be taken out on your stud back. Cuero doesn't need to lose him like they did last year. Jackson is a man amongst boys. He appears to be in playoff form already. If things work out for him, we will see him play on Sundays in the future.

XtremeCouture
10-15-2009, 02:18 PM
when did cuero lose jackson last year?

12thMan
10-15-2009, 04:04 PM

He pulled his hamstring in the first playoff game last year. He came back to play Waco LaVega in the regional final.

Cowboy_Up
10-15-2009, 04:28 PM

He got tired running wind sprints vs. Edna in the last game of the year...I guess running for 300+ wore him out...lol

BTW, he looks a lot bigger this year, is he still as explosive? That guy could go from 1st to 4th gear in a heartbeat.

Antec
10-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Cuero could be a lot of 4A teams, already beating Bay City.

They impressed me against the Blackcats

Believe Gobblers would beat El Campo and Lamar Consolidated in 23-4A

Coluld also win Calhoun and Gregory Portland's district and Houston inner city distric ts

Gobbla2001
10-15-2009, 09:02 PM

and Houston

My poor Texans :(

Blue42
10-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Man homecoming is expensive between having to buy mums and the boy mum things eating out with my group + 2 or 3 football tickets then kids need to eat at the game drinks at the game tickets for football drawing and always something from the booster club then money to my oldest for the dance after the game I'm sure that I missed something else.

29-3aFAN
10-16-2009, 10:14 AM
GO GOBBLERS. EXPECT A BATTLE!! J/K

Footballhudini
10-16-2009, 10:41 AM

Coluld also win Calhoun and Gregory Portland's district

I disagree

Blackcat1954
10-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Boys didn't wear those mums in the 70s and girls cost under $15,

We had live bands at our homcomings in the old gyms-- Dance a little but then left to party

It was real inexpensive back then

44INAROW
10-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Blackcat1954
Boys didn't wear those mums in the 70s and girls cost under $15,

We had live bands at our homcomings in the old gyms-- Dance a little but then left to party

It was real inexpensive back then
NOW THOSE WERE THE DAYS :) Had to make an appearance at the dance cause my parents were usually the teacher/chapperones - the "after party" was the best part.. We had real flower mums too. The VOE class made and sold them for a fundraiser. I also remember that we couldn't wear our mums on the field (cheerleaders and Trotters)

Green Bling
10-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Our mums were real, too. Get this, the plain ones were sold by the choir for $2 and the fancy bronze ones with a pipe cleaner "D" (for Donna) were $2.50. AND in those days we stayed for the whole dance and thought that was all the fun we needed to have. :D

rojosgirl
10-19-2009, 09:30 AM
Real mums at my high school too. Delivered just before school was out, then rushed home to get 'em in the fridge. We (drill team) couldn't perform at halftime with them on.

Ah - those were the days . . . . . :D

bandera7
10-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Sorry, I get a little mixed up these days. Hows the QB situation in Bandera?

From what I am told Hubble is back. Although I expect he is slower than before because he is probably playing on an injury.

LE Dad
10-19-2009, 01:06 PM

12thMan
10-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by bandera7
From what I am told Hubble is back. Although I expect he is slower than before because he is probably playing on an injury.

Do you think he will be in full swing by playoff time? I know Hubble was hurt, I didn't know what happened to him though. What kind of injury did he have?