PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech

Diocletian
10-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Not every team can sub a QB and have him throw 7 TDs.

Great game for S. Sheffield. He is a junor and might be someone to watch out for next year.

TheDOCTORdre
10-10-2009, 09:21 PM
SYSTEM QUARTERBACKS:D

Diocletian
10-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I guess so,

His backup just came in and led a drive down the field and threw one himself.

That's 8 total for the day for the team.

Eagle 1
10-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
SYSTEM QUARTERBACKS:D

The "System" qb threw 7 TD's in a high school game too.
So your saying you can just step in there and play qb for Tech?

I have been saying all year that Potts is just not that good of a qb.
Hopefully Sheffield remains the starter.
He is more mobile, throws more accurate passes, and makes faster reads which is what I really like about him.

TheDOCTORdre
10-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
The "System" qb threw 7 TD's in a high school game too.
So your saying you can just step in there and play qb for Tech?

I have been saying all year that Potts is just not that good of a qb.
Hopefully Sheffield remains the starter.
He is more mobile, throws more accurate passes, and makes faster reads which is what I really like about him.

People who defend Tech quaterbacks as anything other than system quarterbacks, please dont think I'm using it as an insult I'm just stating what I believe to be my opinion based on what I have observed from Tech quarterbacks through the years, you can take a good bunch of college starters and put them in Techs offense and they will produce like all Tech quarterbacks...when I see a Tech quaterback go on and be successful in the NFL, then I will believe it is more than system success at Tech...like I said no disrespect intended I just call it how it appears to me.

Rustler
10-11-2009, 01:04 PM
People who defend Tech quaterbacks as anything other than system quarterbacks, please dont think I'm using it as an insult I'm just stating what I believe to be my opinion based on what I have observed from Tech quarterbacks through the years, you can take a good bunch of college starters and put them in Techs offense and they will produce like all Tech quarterbacks...when I see a Tech quaterback go on and be successful in the NFL, then I will believe it is more than system success at Tech...like I said no disrespect intended I just call it how it appears to me. No offense taken....But how many great college QB's are a failure at the next level? Could it be that Tech not recruitting the "Blue Chip" high school QB's has anything to do with it? :thinking: :thinking:

Spread It Out
10-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I thought it was weird that the QB was throwing the ball with gloves on his hands. :thinking:

Eagle 1
10-11-2009, 10:09 PM
People who defend Tech quaterbacks as anything other than system quarterbacks, please dont think I'm using it as an insult I'm just stating what I believe to be my opinion based on what I have observed from Tech quarterbacks through the years, you can take a good bunch of college starters and put them in Techs offense and they will produce like all Tech quarterbacks...when I see a Tech quaterback go on and be successful in the NFL, then I will believe it is more than system success at Tech...like I said no disrespect intended I just call it how it appears to me.

So wouldn't every college qb be a system qb for their team depending on the offense?
Example, when Nebraska ran the option offense a lot, wouldn't that make former qb Tommy Frazier a "system" qb?

LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LHbZ3T4rzA)

TheDOCTORdre
10-11-2009, 10:11 PM
So wouldn't every college qb be a system qb for their team depending on the offense?
Example, when Nebraska ran the option offense a lot, wouldn't that make former qb Tommy Frazier a "system" qb?

Tommy Frazier was probably the greatest option quarteback in college history, he ran that thing as good as I have seen it run in my short life...he was a great product of the option system, not a great quarterback, he was a great athlete though

BreckTxLonghorn
10-11-2009, 10:15 PM

Tommie Frazier was a system QB. As was Scott Frost as was Eric Crouch. As is the QB for Georgia Tech right now. They were predominately running QBs who threw some, and never made it in the NFL (GT QB exception as he's still playing so jury is out on that).

So yes, I agree with that. Frazier definitely would not have been as successful as he was in college or have scored as many running TDs without that system.

WildTexan972
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Colt McCoy is a system QB.....the steers get top 10 recruiting classes every year - if not for that Colt would be an afterthought

Tebow is a system QB - talk for a year has been that he won't even play QB in the NFL since he is a product of the UF system....

Leinert was supposed to be a can't miss QB for the NFL due to the USC pro-style system....lotta good that did the Cardinals drafting that bust....

Tech is indeed a system - as is Utah and Boise St and Alabama and LSU....that LSU QB sure is tearin em up in Oakland now ain't he?

Stafford never did much in college but all he had was measurables to be a #1 pick....the Tech system is about creating a target rich environment and letting the QB decide what to do....not like the okie st system of lining up then letting daddy holler at em to tell em what to run....that is the main focus of most hs and college spread offenses - no huddle then wait for daddy to call in the play - at Tech Leach makes em learn to READ the defense and run the play....

I know I am biased, but I would rather have a QB that can read a defense and throw for 5000 yds a year than just some 6-5 240 stiff that can hit a target 45 yards out in a combine but never makes much impact in a big game.....

TheDOCTORdre
10-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
- at Tech Leach makes em learn to READ the defense and run the play....

I know I am biased, but I would rather have a QB that can read a defense and throw for 5000 yds a year than just some 6-5 240 stiff that can hit a target 45 yards out in a combine but never makes much impact in a big game.....

I know I'm biased too but if I had to chose at the college level between a system Tech quarterback that can "read defenses, and throw for 5000 + yds" and a so alled "steer quarterback" I'm gonna take the one that knows how to win and 9 times out of 10 thats gonna be a quarterback at the University of Texas

navscanmaster
10-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Colt McCoy is a system QB.....the steers get top 10 recruiting classes every year - if not for that Colt would be an afterthought

Tebow is a system QB - talk for a year has been that he won't even play QB in the NFL since he is a product of the UF system....

Leinert was supposed to be a can't miss QB for the NFL due to the USC pro-style system....lotta good that did the Cardinals drafting that bust....

Tech is indeed a system - as is Utah and Boise St and Alabama and LSU....that LSU QB sure is tearin em up in Oakland now ain't he?

Stafford never did much in college but all he had was measurables to be a #1 pick....the Tech system is about creating a target rich environment and letting the QB decide what to do....not like the okie st system of lining up then letting daddy holler at em to tell em what to run....that is the main focus of most hs and college spread offenses - no huddle then wait for daddy to call in the play - at Tech Leach makes em learn to READ the defense and run the play....

I like the perspective you have on Tech's quarterbacks and how Leach coaches. I don't necessarily root for Tech, but they do draft smart QBs for the most part instead of the "studs." Although Graham Harrell was considered a "stud" by all standards at Ennis.

marler1972
10-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Who was the last UT QB to do well at the next level what about OU. I may be wrong but I don't think there is one in a long while. If I am wrong let me know.

injuredinmelee
10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
Who was the last UT QB to do well at the next level what about OU. I may be wrong but I don't think there is one in a long while. If I am wrong let me know.

how many Tech qbs have ever played a game in the NFL? How come everyone that comes in throws for more yards than the next?
Sticks is fun to watch but my goodness he is goign to get killed in a full season. His body simply isnt big enough to stand the hits he is going to take against good competition. The questionable shot Kindle put on potts might have killed poor "sticks". Think what ou is going to do to the poor kid.

marler1972
10-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
how many Tech qbs have ever played a game in the NFL? How come everyone that comes in throws for more yards than the next?
Sticks is fun to watch but my goodness he is goign to get killed in a full season. His body simply isnt big enough to stand the hits he is going to take against good competition. The questionable shot Kindle put on potts might have killed poor "sticks". Think what ou is going to do to the poor kid.

Well the last qb was tolliver but he was from the dykes era, but answer my question who from ou and texas other than young and simms. Which neither one has done anything.

injuredinmelee
10-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Well the last qb was tolliver but he was from the dykes era, but answer my question who from ou and texas other than young and simms. Which neither one has done anything.

your right they havent done anything at all but they arent in Canada or San Angelo playing semi pro arena either.

slpybear the bullfan
10-12-2009, 12:24 AM
I'll play...

How many National Championships has each school won?

Isn't that the goal of an NCAA Football program? Throwing for a billion yards is great. Having players get drafted and become NFL stars is great. But the goal is to win a Nat Champ ring. How many does each school have?

marler1972
10-12-2009, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I'll play...

Isn't that the goal of an NCAA Football program? Throwing for a billion yards is great. Having players get drafted and become NFL stars is great. But the goal is to win a Nat Champ ring. How many does each school have?

Correct me if I am wrong but this was about quarterbacks, system quarterbacks and not about MNC.

big daddy russ
10-12-2009, 01:37 AM
First thing I'd like to get out of the way is that system QB's exist, most wouldn't succeed at over half the schools in the nation, and there are an abundance of system QB's at Tech.

Now that we have that out of the way, there's a reason system QB's are recruited by certain schools, a reason they throw and run for all those yards, and a reason they're often the ones mentioned in the Heisman talk ahead of blue-chip-recruited, top-ten pro prospects like Matthew Stafford and Tim Couch.

The best college QB of all-time went to high school in Bradenton, Florida. Growing up, he wanted to go to one of the big Florida programs--UF, Florida State, or Miami. Problem was none of them wanted him as a QB.

So Tommie Frazier found himself in Lincoln, NE. Ironically, he squared off against FSU in the Orange Bowl his freshman and sophomore years in college, Miami in the Orange Bowl his junior year, and finally against Florida in the Fiesta Bowl his senior year. He won two National Titles and three Bowl MVP awards.

Look at West Virginia. A two-star system QB out of southern Alabama catapulted that dormant program into the national title picture. Also Hawaii, where a former Colorado walk-on that was thrown out of Boulder went on to set the NCAA TD record and took the Warriors to the Sugar Bowl.

Or even a local product of Houston. Some QB who barely threw the football in high school, playing for a Dickinson squad that ran the ball 99% of the time. He found the one major college who would take a chance on a black QB in the 1980's and became the first black QB to win the Heisman, running the run n' shoot to perfection and catapulting the University of Houston into the limelight.

What about a different route? Instead of an overlooked high school QB, how about a QB that was extremely coveted out of HS? An Air Force brat that jumped around a lot early on in life, wound up getting offers from 'Bama and Florida State, but Danny Wuerffel chose the Fun n' Gun Florida Gators over them all. All he did was win UF's second Heisman Trophy and first national title.

The college ranks are littered with "system QB's" because a "system QB" is a player with one overwhelming strength that, at the college level, can be used to a team's advantage. Sure, they may never wind up in the NFL Hall of Fame, but those rare guys with that little bit extra always wind up in the lore of college ball. Whether it's running QB's like Frazier, Eric Crouch, Pat White, Michael Bishop, and Tim Tebow or passing (or dual-threat) QB's like Andre Ware, David Klingler, Graham Harrell, Kliff Kingsbury, Tee Martin and Joe Hamilton, there's a reason these guys are remembered at Tennessee, West Virginia, Nebraska, and Texas Tech just as well as Peyton Manning and Zach Thomas.

PS: Anyone else notice that most of those QB's I rambled off were Texas boys? Just thought that was an interesting side note.

jockcity33
10-12-2009, 08:53 AM

Don't forget about Kingsbury, he was backup in the NFL but I believe he did get a few starts while he was playing.

Eagle 1
10-12-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
First thing I'd like to get out of the way is that system QB's exist, most wouldn't succeed at over half the schools in the nation, and there are an abundance of system QB's at Tech.

Now that we have that out of the way, there's a reason system QB's are recruited by certain schools, a reason they throw and run for all those yards, and a reason they're often the ones mentioned in the Heisman talk ahead of blue-chip-recruited, top-ten pro prospects like Matthew Stafford and Tim Couch.

The best college QB of all-time went to high school in Bradenton, Florida. Growing up, he wanted to go to one of the big Florida programs--UF, Florida State, or Miami. Problem was none of them wanted him as a QB.

So Tommie Frazier found himself in Lincoln, NE. Ironically, he squared off against FSU in the Orange Bowl his freshman and sophomore years in college, Miami in the Orange Bowl his junior year, and finally against Florida in the Fiesta Bowl his senior year. He won two National Titles and three Bowl MVP awards.

Look at West Virginia. A two-star system QB out of southern Alabama catapulted that dormant program into the national title picture. Also Hawaii, where a former Colorado walk-on that was thrown out of Boulder went on to set the NCAA TD record and took the Warriors to the Sugar Bowl.

Or even a local product of Houston. Some QB who barely threw the football in high school, playing for a Dickinson squad that ran the ball 99% of the time. He found the one major college who would take a chance on a black QB in the 1980's and became the first black QB to win the Heisman, running the run n' shoot to perfection and catapulting the University of Houston into the limelight.

What about a different route? Instead of an overlooked high school QB, how about a QB that was extremely coveted out of HS? An Air Force brat that jumped around a lot early on in life, wound up getting offers from 'Bama and Florida State, but Danny Wuerffel chose the Fun n' Gun Florida Gators over them all. All he did was win UF's second Heisman Trophy and first national title.

The college ranks are littered with "system QB's" because a "system QB" is a player with one overwhelming strength that, at the college level, can be used to a team's advantage. Sure, they may never wind up in the NFL Hall of Fame, but those rare guys with that little bit extra always wind up in the lore of college ball. Whether it's running QB's like Frazier, Eric Crouch, Pat White, Michael Bishop, and Tim Tebow or passing (or dual-threat) QB's like Andre Ware, David Klingler, Graham Harrell, Kliff Kingsbury, Tee Martin and Joe Hamilton, there's a reason these guys are remembered at Tennessee, West Virginia, Nebraska, and Texas Tech just as well as Peyton Manning and Zach Thomas.

PS: Anyone else notice that most of those QB's I rambled off were Texas boys? Just thought that was an interesting side note.

After reading all that I now have a headache, but the bottom line is that ALL qbs in the college ranks are a system qb of some sorts.
If you are a passing team such as Tech, you recruit passing qb's.
If you are a running team, you recruit run heavy qb's
If you have a balanced offense you normally look for qb's who are acquainted with that type of offense.

Oh, and UT fans can't use that ole how many qb's does Tech have in the NFL card, after Vince Youngs performance.:p

trusteer/trublu
10-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

PS: Anyone else notice that most of those QB's I rambled off were Texas boys? Just thought that was an interesting side note. :iagree: :iagree:

GrTigers6
10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Well lets think about this. How many qb's are there in division 1 ball? Then look at how many make it in the NFL. A very small percentage. It doesn't matter what system your from, it depends on your talent level and the how you fit in with the team that wants to draft you. :thinking:

BobcatBenny
10-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I'll play...

I would rather pull for Tech than be .... .

orange machine
10-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Bottom line is Tech sucks because the spread sucks.

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 01:08 AM
Leach is a genius for coming up with the offense. It does however create system quarterbacks and that is why you dont see Texas Tech QB's starting on sundays. You dont see UT QB's starting on sundays either. Almost every team in the NCAA has the capability of producing system quarterbacks. The quarterbacks you see playing on sunday's probably all came from teams that people would say produce system quarterbacks, they just have more talent than all the others so they were able to move on from those systems and become successful in the NFL.

Someone said earlier that Matt Leinart was successful due to the USC system. Well look at Carson Palmer and how good hes been and look at Mark Sanchez and how he has been able to be pretty successful. That is because they are more talented and were able to move on from the USC "system" and become successful in the NFL.

And it may not all be about talent, these quarterbacks may be smarter than the others which helps them move on from the simple college system offenses to the more complex NFL offenses. I read an article on Leach a few weeks ago and Texas Tech runs 25 offensive plays MAX. This could be another reason why they are not as successful after college. They are not prepared for the enormous offensive playbooks that the NFL teams have.

GrTigers6
10-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Bottom line is Tech sucks because the spread sucks. If the spread sucks then why is the NFL starting to use it.

Eagle 1
10-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Daddy B 12
I read an article on Leach a few weeks ago and Texas Tech runs 25 offensive plays MAX. This could be another reason why they are not as successful after college. They are not prepared for the enormous offensive playbooks that the NFL teams have.

I would like to read that article.
Can you tell me where you read it?

If the spread sucks then why is the NFL starting to use it.

Exactly.

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Eagle 1
[B]I would like to read that article.
Can you tell me where you read it?

It was an article in Texas Monthly a month or two ago called "Mike Leach is Thinking..." Its pretty interesting.

jockcity33
10-13-2009, 10:17 AM
That may be about right, but they run those 25 plays out of about 50 formations.

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
That may be about right, but they run those 25 plays out of about 50 formations.

Well in the NFL they run their 100+ plays out of multiple formations? And Tech doesnt have 50 formations. Your not making a valid argument. Im not dogging Tech or their quarterbacks, I just think that probably has something to do with why they arent successful at the next level.

jockcity33
10-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Well in the NFL they run their 100+ plays out of multiple formations? And Tech doesnt have 50 formations. Your not making a valid argument. Im not dogging Tech or their quarterbacks, I just think that probably has something to do with why they arent successful at the next level.

I would bet that Tech does have atleast 50 formations, because if even the RB lines up on a different side of the QB that makes it a different formation. When you have atleast 4 receivers every play they will line up differently almost every play which makes it a different formation.

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 10:32 AM
I would bet that Tech does have atleast 50 formations, because if even the RB lines up on a different side of the QB that makes it a different formation. When you have atleast 4 receivers every play they will line up differently almost every play which makes it a different formation.
And the same goes for NFL offenses. Sorry, your still not proving me wrong.

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I would rather pull for Tech than be .... .

That's neato. I didn't know that both of those options were available to you Benny, but you do whichever you enjoy most.

BwdLions
10-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Leach has all their plays written on a piece of paper about the size of a postcard. I don't think Tech's offiense is that complex.

Rustler
10-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Leach has all their plays written on a piece of paper about the size of a postcard. I don't think Tech's offiense is that complex. May not be? However, Leaches Offense allows Tech to compete against better talent every year and have a chance to win. Cant say that about many schemes? Can You?:thinking:

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Rustler
May not be? However, Leaches Offense allows Tech to compete against better talent every year and have a chance to win. Cant say that about many schemes? Can You?:thinking:
He still doesnt have any Big 12 Championships or National Championships to show for it. He can come up with all the schemes he wants, but until they earn a ring, the schemes mean nothing.

TheDOCTORdre
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Rustler
May not be? However, Leaches Offense allows Tech to compete against better talent every year and have a chance to win. Cant say that about many schemes? Can You?:thinking:

I disagree, when Tech plays at home it allows them to compete against much better teams, when they're on the road, they get blown away usually. There scheme is usually exposed against much stronger opponents on the road.

jockcity33
10-13-2009, 12:25 PM
I disagree, when Tech plays at home it allows them to compete against much better teams, when they're on the road, they get blown away usually. There scheme is usually exposed against much stronger opponents on the road.

Like Texas, who won by 10, but was favored by more? Or like Houston who won by one point but was favored by more. I know you are going to throw the OU game from last year out there, and not only did Tech not play well but OU flat out beat them.

LE Dad
10-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Reading this thread has lead me to a conclusion........................:thinking:

I need another drink! :D

WildTexan972
10-13-2009, 12:41 PM
He still doesnt have any Big 12 Championships or National Championships to show for it. He can come up with all the schemes he wants, but until they earn a ring, the schemes mean nothing.

now that is an idiot argument....Leach was starting WAY behind OU and cow and Nebraska and most of the other programs that recruit Texas kids hard.....he has brought the program up to its highest standard and with it comes better players showing up to play for the school, hence the improved stats each year - since 1 of you asked why does each throw for more yards - Tech right now gets the caliber of offense recruits they need to keep improving, and when the defense comes up to par they will be even tougher to beat....

Cow has top 10 recruiting classes every year, yet all we hear each year is how poor ole cow can't maintain a running game....that is poor coaching and program direction there - if you keep getting those top classes and suck at directing them, that is poor coaching....

and yes Leach always says his offense ain't complex but it relies upon a bright QB that can read the routes and make the right choices where to put the ball....he don't send em to the line then make em ask daddy what to run - he teaches his QBs how to make the reads....

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
now that is an idiot argument....Leach was starting WAY behind OU and cow and Nebraska and most of the other programs that recruit Texas kids hard.....he has brought the program up to its highest standard and with it comes better players showing up to play for the school, hence the improved stats each year - since 1 of you asked why does each throw for more yards - Tech right now gets the caliber of offense recruits they need to keep improving, and when the defense comes up to par they will be even tougher to beat....

Cow has top 10 recruiting classes every year, yet all we hear each year is how poor ole cow can't maintain a running game....that is poor coaching and program direction there - if you keep getting those top classes and suck at directing them, that is poor coaching....

and yes Leach always says his offense ain't complex but it relies upon a bright QB that can read the routes and make the right choices where to put the ball....he don't send em to the line then make em ask daddy what to run - he teaches his QBs how to make the reads....

How was that an idiot argument? Its the truth isnt it? You say his teams have gotten better every year. Is this years team better than last years? I dont think so.

The Tech offense is simple and all it takes is a quarterback with an accurate, decent arm to be successful in it. Tech quarterbacks do not have NFL arms and that is another reason they do not succeed in the NFL. Harrel revealed his weak arm last year in the combine.

Eagle 1
10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
How was that an idiot argument? Its the truth isnt it? You say his teams have gotten better every year. Is this years team better than last years? I dont think so.

The Tech offense is simple and all it takes is a quarterback with an accurate, decent arm to be successful in it. Tech quarterbacks do not have NFL arms and that is another reason they do not succeed in the NFL. Harrel revealed his weak arm last year in the combine.

If its so simple, how come NOWBODY has figured out a way to stop it? :thinking:
Even though Tech did lose to ut, they threw for over 400 yards and three touchdowns against Will Muschamp's defense.
:thinking:

I do believe I read that article in the Texas Monthly Magazine now that I think about it.
I will have to see if we still have it around the house somewhere.
But if you seriously believe Leach only runs 25 offensive plays, they I have some ocean front property in Arizona I would like to sell you. ;)

BTW, I would rather have a weak arm qb than a weak mind qb.

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
If its so simple, how come NOWBODY has figured out a way to stop it? :thinking:
Even though Tech did lose to ut, they threw for over 400 yards and three touchdowns against Will Muschamp's defense.

I do believe I read that article in the Texas Monthly Magazine now that I think about it.
I will have to see if we still have it around the house somewhere.
But if you seriously believe Leach only runs 25 offensive plays, they I have some ocean front property in Arizona I would like to sell you. ;)

BTW, I would rather have a weak arm qb than a weak mind qb.

Read the article again bud. It says in there that he holds 25 plays in his playbook and for every play he adds, he takes one out.

Also, I never said the offense wasnt good, because it is very good. I said it hasnt won them any championships and I am correct when I say that.

jockcity33
10-13-2009, 02:42 PM

If UT QB's are so much better than Tech's QB's then where are all of UT's ex QB's? As far as I know there is only one in the league and he is a backup who has thrown 10 more Int's than TD's.

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
If UT QB's are so much better than Tech's QB's then where are all of UT's ex QB's? As far as I know there is only one in the league and he is a backup who has thrown 10 more Int's than TD's.
Have I ever said anything about Texas's Quarterbacks being better than Tech Quarterbacks??? No. In fact, I believe i specifically said earlier in the thread that Texas doesn't have very man Quarterbacks that have been successful in the NFL either.

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Leach is a genius for coming up with the offense. It does however create system quarterbacks and that is why you dont see Texas Tech QB's starting on sundays. You dont see UT QB's starting on sundays either....
:thumbsup: Nice try though.

Daddy D 11
10-13-2009, 03:26 PM
The article does say that Leach only runs 25 plays. He said when he adds a play, he takes a play out.

Who cares that Tech passed for 400+ yards against Texas? They lost.

Tech is just another red headed step child when talking about Big 12 football.

Daddy D 11
10-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Like Texas, who won by 10, but was favored by more? Or like Houston who won by one point but was favored by more. I know you are going to throw the OU game from last year out there, and not only did Tech not play well but OU flat out beat them.

So losing by less than predicted is a good thing?:thinking:

Rustler
10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I disagree, when Tech plays at home it allows them to compete against much better teams, when they're on the road, they get blown away usually. There scheme is usually exposed against much stronger opponents on the road. Did you give thought to how many times Leach has beat A&M in College Station? As has been Said Texas didnt blow them away? As it has been said Houston didnt blow them away? In fact Leach kicks the FG Tech wins against ranked team with a much better QB than Potts? With Texas and OU in the south and Big 12 Championship Game Tech may not ever win a Title. But the facts remain week in and week out the system Leach runs give Tech a valid chance to win more than loose. Recruitting Recruitting Recruitting! Cant Beat Texas and OU for a title til you out recruit them.

Eagle 1
10-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
The article does say that Leach only runs 25 plays. He said when he adds a play, he takes a play out.

Who cares that Tech passed for 400+ yards against Texas? They lost.

Tech is just another red headed step child when talking about Big 12 football.

Wow, it must really suck when you lost to a red headed step child last year.
I never thought of that.

Sorry, I don't buy that 25 play thing even if it is in Texas Monthly magazine.

sinton66
10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
I want to remind everyone that for college threads to be allowed on 3ADL, they MUST remain civil.

Gobbla2001
10-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
they MUST remain civil.

and when I think Civil, I think WARRRR!

jk... Texas Tech has good quarterbacks........

Daddy B 12
10-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I never thought of that.

Yeah but its a shame that it took Tech's best game of the year and Texas's worst game of the year for that to happen. Its also a shame that Tech's greatest season ended with a loss in the Cotton Bowl. But hey, yal beat UT and got to storm the field so thats all that matters huh?

Oh and one more thing, Tech's all time record against UT is 13-44...
hmm..never thought of that?

Daddy D 11
10-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I never thought of that.

Even if it came out of Leach's mouth?

Beating Tech 6 out of the last 7 years must suck too.

TheDOCTORdre
10-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I want to remind everyone that for college threads to be allowed on 3ADL, they MUST remain civil.

Just in case it gets closed here is my ceremonial pre closed post:D