PDA

View Full Version : Prosper vs Celina... GOTW???

LE Dad
10-10-2009, 06:42 PM
What ya think Region 2 ????:thinking:

BobcatBenny
10-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Definitely district 9 game of the week and biggest game of the season for both of these teams.

LE Dad
10-10-2009, 07:18 PM
I can't think of any other game in the Region with more opposing posters??? :confused: I, for one, think it would be a great week :clap: :clap: Ya'll have my vote!:D

alaskacat
10-10-2009, 09:12 PM
I 2nd to notion. The looser could have real problems come playoff time.

ssgmp5150
10-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Even with the loss to Argyle, I think Prosper beats Celina. I actually think the recent loss to Argyle may have them more focused and ready to play rather than going into this game undefeated. Either way, it will be a closer game this year than it was last year mainly because Prosper's offense is not what it was last year, but their defense is probably better than last years team! Celina still has to play Argyle as well! What a tough district!

PHOP
10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Agreed GOTW

utbound
10-11-2009, 08:55 AM
will be great game celina needs to bring better full force defense like the jv celina team who has no points scored on them in 5 games and offense hopefully quarterback will be back-- celina has to bring it like when they played liberty hill

d0tc0m
10-11-2009, 10:31 AM
I'll be coming in for this one. As well as bringing two friends from Missouri who have never had the chance to see REAL high school football. Hopefully the boys on both sides don't disappoint in this one! Should be a pretty dang good crowd there, maybe one of the biggest Celina has hosted since that '02 Gainesville game! I s'pect them greenbirds will be fired up coming off that loss to Argyle, and I know our coaches/players will be well prepared and fired up and have one thing on their mind: setting the universe back to the way it's supposed to be, where Celina beats the dog piss out of Prosper, and then goes on to win a State Championship. :D At least thats the way I hope it plays out! Hope everybody on both sides stays healthy through this week of practice!!

garciap77
10-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad

:iagree:

Should be a great game between two great teams.

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 04:01 PM
This will be a hard game to predict. :thinking: Celina started off the year in less than spectacular fashion. Prosper started 09 the same as they ended last year. After last Friday this game took on a whole new meaning. The questions are many, and most won't be answered until the teams hit the field.
Celina has the advantage of having a district win under their belt and Prosper can ill afford a 2nd loss.

:)

orange machine
10-11-2009, 06:22 PM
If Celina plays like they did against Sanger in the second half Celina will be tough to beat. I also think that Celina is as ready for this game as any. I almost fill like they may have over looked a few teams this year just anticipating Prosper.

Celina 21

Prosper 17

d0tc0m
10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
If Celina plays like they did against Sanger in the second half Celina will be tough to beat. I also think that Celina is as ready for this game as any. I almost fill like they may have over looked a few teams this year just anticipating Prosper.

Celina 21

Prosper 17

It's hard to say about them overlooking the other teams, because those two teams were very talented, in all likelihood, both are eventual state champs but... i think you are right OM. This game has been lurking in the mind of everyone in the OrangeClad Army since last year. I didn't get to see the Sanger game, but the score was around what I thought it should be, and it's good to hear you say they played well! Gonna be a packed house on Friday, hopefully there's a bit of an October chill in the air, goodness... I can't wait!!

orange machine
10-11-2009, 10:00 PM
I dont think they flat out over looked the none district teams, but i do think they may have played not as tough or hard as they could have. Last week it seemed that in the 1st half they were not really in sink. Then in the 2nd half Celina turned it up the offensive line was exploding off the ball and the defense started lighting players up. I think Coach Ford and Elliot got there attention at halftime.

orange machine
10-11-2009, 10:01 PM
By the way Cody Sandler was a freakin beast at fullback he ran for 170 yards.

orange machine
10-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Attention all Prosper fans where are all yall? Its hard to lose when you are on top of the world isnt it? How do yall feel about the game coming up?

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Attention all Prosper fans where are all yall? Its hard to lose when you are on top of the world isnt it? How do yall feel about the game coming up? :thinking: I was thinking the same thing. Prosper is being awfully quiet:confused: :confused:

:)I bet they show tomorrow . :clap: :D

PHOP
10-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Prosper was not mentally prepared/flat emotionally for Argyle; no doubt they will be prepared and fired up this Friday. Both teams have something to prove should be an excellent game - fun to play and fun to watch.

Good luck Orange!
Good Luck Green!

firstdown
10-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by PHOP
Prosper was not mentally prepared/flat emotionally for Argyle; no doubt they will be prepared and fired up this Friday. Both teams have something to prove should be an excellent game - fun to play and fun to watch.

Good luck Orange!
Good Luck Green!

Celina 10
Prosper 0

I don't think your offense can score on Celina. If you find a way to pass the ball so Celina can't just stack the box you might have a chance if not you had better hope your defense scores.

Good luck to both teams.

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Goodness, that's an awfully low scoring game. But after the Argyle-Prosper game, I guess we can expect the same style of game this week. Hey OM what's the status on Cody? Is he gonna play this week?

gatordaze
10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Goodness, that's an awfully low scoring game. But after the Argyle-Prosper game, I guess we can expect the same style of game this week. Hey OM what's the status on Cody? Is he gonna play this week?

As I understand it Cody is cleared to play. Will he? Who knows, I say make Prosper prepare for both

d0tc0m
10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks Gator! I agree with you, I'd rather prepare for one QB than two! Man I cannot wait till Friday!! Unfortunately it's a long ways away for me!

orange machine
10-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m

Like it was told to me game time decision.

formercougar18
10-12-2009, 05:39 PM
where is the game being played

LE Dad
10-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Can this be merged with GOTW thread? Please:D

orange machine
10-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by formercougar18
where is the game being played

Game is in Celina