PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GOTW: Giddings Buffaloes (5-1) (0-1) vs. Bellville Brahmas (4-2) (0-1)

XMan
10-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Giddings and Bellville BOTH lose, how is that even possible?????

gobbler grad
10-09-2009, 10:38 PM
stuff happens... but that is somewhat odd...:thinking:

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Giddings and Bellville BOTH lose, how is that even possible????? Everybody knows Bellville was overrated.... and maybe Sealy is better than we thought?

mom-3buffs
10-09-2009, 11:06 PM
Well, it just proves the old adage - Any team can beat any other team any given day of the week!

beastyboyz
10-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Everybody knows Bellville was overrated.... and maybe Sealy is better than we thought?

If bellville is overrated, then giddings and navasota is too....

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
If bellville is overrated, then giddings and navasota is too.... I've made it clear that I thought Navasota is not as good as they were in 08.

Haven't had a chance to see Giddings play, so I've got no way of knowing whether they're overrated or whether Sealy is that good. :thinking:

beastyboyz
10-09-2009, 11:49 PM
I've made it clear that I thought Navasota is not as good as they were in 08.

Haven't had a chance to see Giddings play, so I've got no way of knowing whether they're overrated or whether Sealy is that good. :thinking:

So bellville is overrated because they lost to a good la grange team??

So that should only mean that giddings is overrated because they lost to a good sealy team right??

I personally don't think anybody is D25 is overrated, and game can go either way...

cntdwn
10-09-2009, 11:51 PM
I've made it clear that I thought Navasota is not as good as they were in 08.

No, Navasota is very good, but Caldwell is just better.

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:53 PM
So bellville is overrated because they lost to a good la grange team??

So that should only mean that giddings is overrated because they lost to a good sealy team right??

I personally don't think anybody is D25 is overrated, and game can go either way... No, I just think Bellville is overrated. Losing to LG in conditions that favor Bellville AND losing to Navasota handily makes me think they're overrated.

I already said that I can't honestly say whether Giddings was overrated or Sealy underrated (More likely this one) because I haven't seen either play.

Best teams in 25-3A, in this order:

Sealy
Giddings
LaGrange
Bellville
Smithville
Columbus

jrhernandez7
10-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Ya i know its just week 1 of district but nobody thought smithville would be ahead of giddings or bellville in the district standings at anytime this season. you can honesly say all 3 games tonight where kinda of upsets, but i wouldnt call it that. this distrcit will get even more wild in the weeks to come.

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
No, Navasota is very good, but Caldwell is just better. Right, so Caldwell is either a top 5 3A team (doubtful) or Navasota is overrated.... and they beat Bellville handily IN Bellville.

beastyboyz
10-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Beat bellville "handily". Haha not sure if we were watchin the same game, but they didn't dominate bellville...the game was actually pretty close...

Move The Chains
10-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Beat bellville "handily". Haha not sure if we were watchin the same game, but they didn't dominate bellville...the game was actually pretty close... 21-7 in the pasture. Good enough.

beastyboyz
10-10-2009, 12:51 AM
21-7 in the pasture. Good enough.

Don't know where your getting your stats from, the score was 24-14...

Not "handily" the game was a whole lot closer than the score shows...

MJMbrahmas10
10-10-2009, 12:54 AM
I don't think people realize how much losing coach chancellor hurt the brahmas he was a great coach and right now it looks we could use his play calling

Move The Chains
10-10-2009, 12:57 AM

Not "handily" the game was a whole lot closer than the score shows... :doh: That was the score from the game I watched the next week. Sorry. Yep. 24-14, but I was there and from what I saw, Navasota was atleast those 10 pounts better. I'd say Navasota was 2 TD's better.

XMan
10-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Is that the sound of basketballs bouncing I hear in Brahmaland? Bellville never plays well on fair week. lol

beastyboyz
10-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Is that the sound of basketballs bouncing I hear in Brahmaland? Bellville never plays well on fair week. lol

move the chains, i wouldnt say that their 10 pnts better i would say that they just came to play that night ya kno, on any friday any team can win...

just like navasota losing to caldwell(a team that bellville beat)
caldwell just cam eout to play and got the victory...

but xman, who knows wht will happen the rest of district, but if the bellville offense doesnt get better REAL SOON, collier will have his players practicing their free throws lol.

thepicker
10-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Winner of the Bellville Giddings game will be the deciding factor for the final playoff spot. Through 6 games, I would have to hand the last spot to Bellville. While Smithville may make some noise, just dont see them strong enough to push into playoffs. District 25 is just to tough. Any other district they would be an easy 1 or 2 seed. Final seating:

Sealy 10-0
La Grange 9-1
Bellville 8-2
Giddings 7-3
Smithville 7-3
Columbus 4-6

hookandladder
10-10-2009, 02:31 PM

Not "handily" the game was a whole lot closer than the score shows...

I think we already heard from the Navasota fans that they felt they did beat you handily in the pasture, with Bellville's offense I think they were definitely overated. When La Grange offense was dominating teams earlier this year, Bellville fans were saying it was because of the weak teams that we were playing. Now after our game with Bellville, the Bellville fans are talking about how their defense held our offense well below our average. Funny how our offense was not as good before the Bellville game and now Bellville is bragging holding our offense in check. Make up your minds.

sports mom
10-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I think we already heard from the Navasota fans that they felt they did beat you handily in the pasture, with Bellville's offense I think they were definitely overated. When La Grange offense was dominating teams earlier this year, Bellville fans were saying it was because of the weak teams that we were playing. Now after our game with Bellville, the Bellville fans are talking about how their defense held our offense well below our average. Funny how our offense was not as good before the Bellville game and now Bellville is bragging holding our offense in check. Make up your minds.

:iagree:
Thank you hookandladder. It's getting old hearing the excuses some Bellville fans can come up with, especially beastyboyz. What will be their excuse next week Friday?

I predict a win for Giddings.

Milk That Cow
10-10-2009, 03:32 PM
I predict the loser of this Ballgame does NOT make the Playoffs...

It's been a tough transistion to the New Coaching Staff for Bellville...

I think the "weak" preseason schedule for Giddings hurt them as they started district. Other than LaVernia(in a weather havoc game) they weren't tested at all in preseason...

hookandladder
10-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by sports mom
Thank you hookandladder. It's getting old hearing the excuses some Bellville fans can come up with, especially beastyboyz. What will be their excuse next week Friday?

I predict a win for Giddings.

I hear what you are saying, seems to happen a lot over there. Also Congrats on beating Giddings, I have not seen Sealy play this year but I will not predict against them the rest of the year except maybe one time.

pirate4state
10-10-2009, 04:24 PM
it's unbelievable that one of these teams will be 0-2 after this game. :eek:

beastyboyz
10-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Can't seem to find any post on this thread that I've made an excuse...

R4Editor
10-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Once again we were faced with choosing a GOTW from many worthy candidates. In D 31 you’ve got an important game between the two remaining teams with perfect district records in Sinton and Robstown. Hondo and Pearsall in D29 will be battling for the inside track to a district championship in D29. But no matter how hard we examined other games, we kept coming back to Giddings vs. Bellville.
After this game either the Buffaloes or the Brahmas will be 0-2 and hanging on to their post season hope by a thread. There is no other game of more significance in Region IV.

If Giddings loses, they will have to run the table to make the playoffs and that includes playing @ La Grange on October 23rd. For Bellville it’s the same story only they will have to go into Sealy on the 30th and beat the Tigers in their den to stay alive.

No doubt these two powerhouses will leave it all on the field this coming Friday.

yoe64
10-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Is this in the pasture of pain?

R4Editor
10-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Game is @ Giddings

tiger eye
10-11-2009, 08:31 AM
Beat bellville "handily". Haha not sure if we were watchin the same game, but they didn't dominate bellville...the game was actually pretty close...

I believe "close" is relevant in horse shoes and hand grenade throwing, and once in a while in in slow dancing. but as far as excuse posting, it is just pasture rhetoric following a loss.

When will some bull's fan post as simple one line post.....we got beat by a better team, and our forecast of a win by 21 just may have been off a bit ?

I once heard, some times it is best to remain quiet and let people think you don't know what you are talking about, than to post and remove all doubt.

Good luck in Giddings, I hear they are pretty upset, and can't wait to see you guys.........
Hope it' "close".

OldBison75
10-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Just to chime in on this discussion, I think Giddings now has something to prove and it looks like Bellville is in the path. Giddings is a very good team and they ran into a Sealy team that is alot better than most believed. I am not sure that if the same two played this week the game would end differently, but Sealy won on the field and that is what counts.

Bellville has a good team that has enough defense to carry them a long way, but the offense is not performing at top level. They have the defense to keep them close in most any game, but the offense will have to start stppeing up if they want to make the playoffs in this district. They have the tools but they have not jelled into a unit that can sonsistently score points.

As for the comparisons of these teams and who they have or have not played. WHO CARES. There are five teams in this district that could play with anyone in the Region, if not in the state and make a good showing if not win. This will be a district that may have no team go through the district undefeated. They are that close in strength.

I think the Gidding team will be mad and on a mission this week and even though Bellville has thier backs to the wall too, Giddings has too many offensive weapons and will win.

pirate4state
10-11-2009, 11:36 AM
wow, i figured by now this thread would be on fire!

TRENCHES06
10-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I have a hard time seeing Giddings losing two in a row

sports mom
10-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
I have a hard time seeing Giddings losing two in a row

beastyboyz
10-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Yes both teams have something to prove this week after losing to two good teams in their district.

Don't really know what will happen in this game...2 good teams.

I'll say if the bellville offense steps up, bellville will win, if not, then they'll lose...and probably start handing out basketball practice gear....

gobbler grad
10-11-2009, 01:43 PM
one of these teams will have a 2 game losing streak...so i'm going with the Buffs in this one...:thinking:

Spread It Out
10-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Bellville was really disappointing in the game against La Grange and the only bright spot about that game was Mueller's two big plays, although one of them was negated by a penalty. The biggest reason I feel that the Bulls are struggling on offense is because they don't have any game breaking receivers. Their biggest playmaker, Houston, has been out for the last two games and Bellville has really missed him. The defense is great but you're not going to get very far relying solely on defense to win you games. If the Bull's D can hold Giddings to 14 points (which is going to be very hard, IMO) Bellville has a chance to pull this one out but if Bellville gets into a scoring battle the Bull's don't have a chance.

I'm going with Giddings, home field proves to be the factor in this one 28-14.

tiger eye
10-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I think the Gidding team will be mad and on a mission this week and even though Bellville has their backs to the wall too, Giddings has too many offensive weapons and will win. [/B][/QUOTE]

The perspective of the "old bison" is spot on !
Giddings at home with red in their eyes does not bode well for the visiting Brahmas.

1st and goal
10-11-2009, 06:42 PM
This game, like any other in D25, will be a tough one. There are many scenarios in this district. I'll be totally surprised if Sealy wins out. Who knows, every one could end up 3-2 or 2-3 in district.

I'll be there rooting for my Buffs.

Pudlugger
10-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Bellville will be fighting to keep their play off hopes alive trying to avoid a 0-2 start in this unforgiving district. Giddings must wake up and get back their mojo after Sealy punished them last week. That makes for a very highly charged play off type atmosphere where anything goes. Home field advantage and a better offense favors Giddings but never count out Bellville. If they get their O on track and keep the Buffs below 21 they can win. Nonetheless I like Giddings by 1 or 2 tds.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
i have seen none play...........but D25 has 4 teams that could probably win about 2/3 of the 3a districts in Texas. what a meatgrinder!!

beastyboyz
10-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Thread merge...? I think its like 2 more bellville vs giddings threads on here

BrahmaMom
10-11-2009, 09:07 PM
I have a hard time seeing Bellville lose two in a row. When was the last time that happened? Brahma84, I figure you have that data. Brahmas, you have a reputation to uphold--get after it! There are alumni, peers and a community counting on you. Just do it!

beastyboyz
10-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
There are alumni, peers and a community counting on you. Just do it!
With the brahma offense playin like their playin, or the play calling however you want to put it...the community will probably be counting for a while. Bellville is just not getting it done...no disrespect, just bringing some realness to the board.

Spread It Out
10-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I have a hard time seeing Bellville lose two in a row. When was the last time that happened?

Actually, not too long ago. The '07-'08 season Bellville went 1-4 in district losing the last 3 games to La Grange, Giddings, and Caldwell by a margin of 99-38.

Link (http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/qBEQ-yMzEECEfZMINnxpWw/bellville-brahmas/football-fall-07/schedule.htm)

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Giddings is going to roll Bellville.

big daddy russ
10-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Seems like everyone except the Bellville posters are selling the Brahmas a little short. I don't know if I'd do that just yet. Not saying they'll win, but I am saying that I think it'll be close one way or the other.

hookandladder
10-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Seems like everyone except the Bellville posters are selling the Brahmas a little short. I don't know if I'd do that just yet. Not saying they'll win, but I am saying that I think it'll be close one way or the other.

It looks like maybe Giddings losing Masek and Plumley has a bigger effect on this team then most thought, They were not only really good ball players but I know they are also fierce competitors. Giddings may be missing their Senior Leadership, with this being said I will go against the odds and pick Bellville. I think their Defense will be the difference and make a couple plays that produse points. Also maybe Giddings is the team that might be a little over rated, who has Giddings played that is really good. La Vernia, who got smoked by Cureo. Just 2 cents from an arm chair coach. Bellville by 3.

trg
10-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Good luck to the Brahmas. Use the talent that you have and believe in yourselves and beat Giddings!!!!

Go BULLS!!!!

SHSBulldog00
10-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Giddings will win Friday!!

rancher
10-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Giddings will roll in this one. As I have been saying, Bellville offense is pathetic. Bellville will be lucky to score on the Giddings defense in Giddings. Play calling and selection of personel packages are very poor. Too much talent on this team for this offense to be that anemic. Like I predicted, Bellville will be the 4th place team in the district, break out the round balls.

Superbacker 00'
10-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Have to go with the buffs havent seen them in person but have seen the bramhas and was not impressed

sports mom
10-12-2009, 10:10 AM
It looks like maybe Giddings losing Masek and Plumley has a bigger effect on this team then most thought, They were not only really good ball players but I know they are also fierce competitors. Giddings may be missing their Senior Leadership, with this being said I will go against the odds and pick Bellville. I think their Defense will be the difference and make a couple plays that produse points. Also maybe Giddings is the team that might be a little over rated, who has Giddings played that is really good. La Vernia, who got smoked by Cureo. Just 2 cents from an arm chair coach. Bellville by 3.

What happened to Masek and Plumley?

Milk That Cow
10-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Does anybody know what the Tiebreakers are for District 25?

Is it point differential?

R4Editor
10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
I've received a bit of grief from both Bellville and Giddings posters this year when I selected games for GOTW that didn't include either the buffs or the bulls. So, I select Giddings vs. Bellville and get rewarded with numerous other threads about the same game. I've learned my lesson.

rancher
10-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Giddings will roll in this one, Bellville with its anemic offense and pathetic play calling, will lose big in Giddings. I fail to understand why so much talent is being wasted. This was first apparent to me at the Livingston game when that bone head call was made on 4th and short. Bellville will finish 4th in the district. Break out the basketballs.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
I've received a bit of grief from both Bellville and Giddings posters this year when I selected games for GOTW that didn't include either the buffs or the bulls. So, I select Giddings vs. Bellville and get rewarded with numerous other threads about the same game. I've learned my lesson.

Threads? I only see this one and r4gotw. This one was started first. Why not combind all the numerous other threads and make one?

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Bellville is going to get hammered.

K-MAC Chuck
10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Giddings by 20..

Johnny Utah
10-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Bellville plays basketball???? LOL Dont count out the Brahmas and staff.

JohnnieLightnin
10-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i have seen none play...........but D25 has 4 teams that could probably win about 2/3 of the 3a districts in Texas. what a meatgrinder!!

I agree and will take it to another level; they could win at least 5 districts in Texas. Right now that District has got to be as tough as the Celina\Prosper District top to bottom. If not as tough, it is close.

RedStorm
10-12-2009, 03:09 PM
yes and good last year..if we had a real coach we'd have a damn strong team

Bull's-eye
10-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Both teams definitely have their backs to the wall. Bellville lost a heartbreaker to LG, basically because of a fumbled punt. Their defense will keep them close, but the offense will have to step up if they want to win this game. Funny, how everybody seems to be writing them off. Some people have La Grange ranked as high as #4, but don't feel Bellville is worthy of a top 20 ranking. IMO, I didn't see that much difference in the 2 teams. Most of the D25 teams have the ability to win on any given night, sometimes you just need the ball to bounce your way.

Milk That Cow
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
The Bellville Staff does seem dysfunctional...

Who made the decison to hire within and keep everybody on?

BrahmaMom
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Well said, Bull's-Eye. This is a tough, evenly talented district. What is the difference between teams? Not a lot, IMO. I would like to see the heart I have observed in previous successful Brahma teams--that goes a loonnngggg way. I see it in a few, but not in the entire team. Who wants it--bad? Who is willing to leave it all on the field? I see a few Bulls doing it. It takes the whole team. The Bulls can't make mental or strategic mistakes and continue past the regular season. I recall seasons where the Brahmas had fewer than five penalties the whole season. I'm a believer, so I know they CAN do it. We need to become a scoring machine--this week! Go Brahmas!

rancher
10-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Dysfunctional, has my vote also. These young men, with all that talent deserve better decision making. The Bellville staff now reminds me of a ship without a rudder. If I was a conspircy buff, I would put out the theory that the basketball coach being the offensive coordinator has a hidden motives to start the season early. There is a former head coach on the staff that has experience in high school and college (Texas A&M and Florida). He would know how to solve the problem.

RedStorm
10-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Collier is a football coach first. Did you see the Brahmas offense in basketball it was a joke...stand in a circle and jack up 3s or have J. Brown drive triple teamed...absolutely no motion

Milk That Cow
10-12-2009, 09:03 PM
If Giddings realizes it's Offense is better as a Passing Team than as a Running Team than I think they will handily beat Bellville...

If they do not...

It's anybody's Ball Game...

just my humble opinion...

Spread It Out
10-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by sports mom
What happened to Masek and Plumley?
Plumlee*

Both decided to pursue baseball as their primary sport and concluded that it'd be better for them to play just baseball rather than playing multiple sports and risking injury.

Spread It Out
10-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
The Bellville Staff does seem dysfunctional...

Who made the decison to hire within and keep everybody on?

Not sure but I never believed that Foster was the man for the job. I feel like there were candidates out there who would've fit this program better and reading the list of applicants you can certainly see there are more experienced, proven coaches out there than Coach Foster. Decisions to hire within are really coming back to bite them now; Bellville program will be on a steep, steep decline. Bellville's freshman coach lost his first football game in 11 years and that stat is indicative of the decline Bellville is facing within the next 2-3 years.

Spread It Out
10-12-2009, 09:29 PM
If Bellville loses this game, which they will IMO, there's essentially no chance for them to make the playoffs. Call me negative Nancy, but I'm just being real and looking at the unbiased side of the situation. Bellville is a longshot to beat Sealy this year, especially in Sealy, and if they lose to Giddings they could end up 2-3 but even that's not a given with a much improved Smithville team who's playing very well right now. Bellville could very possibly end up 1-4 in district and airing up basketballs at the end of this season.

zebrablue2
10-12-2009, 09:47 PM
I say lets work the problems out in the o-line this week and beat the buffs. 3-2 in this distrist has a very real shot at the playoffs,and that is all you can ask for. I know the coaches are not perfect, but in order for the offense to function, especially on the ground, there must be some holes to run through. That has not been happening..... I remember in 03. Bellville won the district title by beating Sealy by 30 plus, and there being a 3 way tie for 2ed-3rd. There was a coin flip after positive points had a 3 way tie in Hempstead, and Sealy was the odd team out. Never know how this thing will play out, just keep rooting for your team, and quit bashing coaches. Go get um bulls, you are still in it, no matter what the non-believers tell you....:2thumbsup:

strosfan
10-12-2009, 09:54 PM
It's been a while since Giddings has lost 2 in a row, and I don't see it happening especially at home. I think the 1st half will be close, but I expect the Buffs to pull away in the 2nd half and win by 2 td's.

MJMbrahmas10
10-12-2009, 10:00 PM
i can see coach foster having a hell of a game plan against giddings, and bellville shuting down the buff offense considering they held them in check last year when they had masek and plumlee.

Bull's-eye
10-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Bellville basically has the same staff as last year, they just didn't replace Huey. From the look of things, Huey must of been the brains behind the past Bellville offenses. Coach Foster is a great defensive coach and appears to still be serving the role as the defensive coordinator. In fact, it looks like Bellville has dual coaches, one for the offense & one for the defense. Coach Foster must depend on his top 2 assistants for input, but all decisions must go through him. He must oversee his staff and be allowed to manage all aspects of the game. If his assistants aren't doing the job, he must find the ones that can. It only makes sense, he is the one that is putting his job on the line.

Bull's-eye
10-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
i can see coach foster having a hell of a game plan against giddings, and bellville shuting down the buff offense considering they held them in check last year when they had masek and plumlee.

The defense is not what I'm worried about. We need a good offensive game plan, if we are going to get out of Giddings with a win.

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 01:45 AM
No, I just think Bellville is overrated. Losing to LG in conditions that favor Bellville AND losing to Navasota handily makes me think they're overrated.

I already said that I can't honestly say whether Giddings was overrated or Sealy underrated (More likely this one) because I haven't seen either play.

Best teams in 25-3A, in this order:

Sealy
Giddings
LaGrange
Bellville
Smithville
Columbus You also left out that in the Bellville/Needville scrimmage early on, Needville held Bellville scoreless if I'm not mistaken. :D

I too am of the assumption that Bellville isn't as good as they've been billed to be this year. Not saying they're not GOOD....but I don't think they're top 5-10 material like some do.

Spread It Out
10-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The defense is not what I'm worried about. We need a good offensive game plan, if we are going to get out of Giddings with a win.

I agree. Last year Bellville was able to slow down the Buff's offense but this year they seem to have a more balanced attack from what I've been reading on here. One poster said the Buffs went to an open set for an entire quarter and threw the ball. If the Bull's can keep Giddings out of the endzone, whether it be through the air or on the ground, and get that anemic offense rolling, the Bulls could pull this one out. However, I just don't see that happening. I do feel like it will be a close one but the Buffs will prove to be too much for Bellville and will edge the Bulls and come away with the victory that will likely shatter the Bull's playoff hopes.

Bellville 14
Giddings 24

IHStangFan
10-13-2009, 02:44 AM
I am going w/ Giddings in a tough "pull away late" win.

Giddings 35
Bellville 28

Bull's-eye
10-13-2009, 02:48 AM
Not sure why everybody is saying the field conditions favored Bellville, it was equally tough on both teams. Bellville did seem to have the biggest problem, fumbling a punt snap that led to LG's only TD. Bellville probably cost themselves a couple scores because of penalties, one was an INT for a TD that was called back because of a block in the back, away from the play. Field conditions played a huge role in this game, much similar to the LG/Needville game.

Losing 24-14 is not getting handily defeated. Bellville ended the game on the 1 yard line & had missd a FG. Bellville made several blunders that kept them from winning this game. Stats were like 400-350 in favor of Navasota. Bellville had trouble defending the Rattlers in the first half, but made the adjustments and held them to 3 second half points.

For the record, Needville did not hold Bellville scoreless in that scrimmage. Also, a scrimmage is not a real game. Coachers are there to evaluate players, winning the contest is not their primary concern. Before you get your feelings hurt, I think Needville has a good team. IMO, there are teams like Gilmer & the rest of the top 20 are fairly equal or at least capable of knocking one another off.

hookandladder
10-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
Not sure but I never believed that Foster was the man for the job. I feel like there were candidates out there who would've fit this program better and reading the list of applicants you can certainly see there are more experienced, proven coaches out there than Coach Foster. Decisions to hire within are really coming back to bite them now; Bellville program will be on a steep, steep decline. Bellville's freshman coach lost his first football game in 11 years and that stat is indicative of the decline Bellville is facing within the next 2-3 years.

I think most Bellville fans were happy that Bellville stayed within for their coach rather than hire from the outside, now you are questioning your coach because you are losing. I watched the LG-Bellville game, it was your OL that was the problem all night. I know this might hurt some parents but fact are facts, I would take Mueller at QB in a heart beat. Kid is a winner that can beat you with his arm and legs, stop bitching about your coach and tell your OL to get after it and I think you can beat Giddings. With your 2 RB's and Mueller, it does not take much room for them to score. I am sure you questioned Coach Huey in his earlier years also, let the man coach and leave your arm chair coaching in the stands.

trg
10-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I think most Bellville fans were happy that Bellville stayed within for their coach rather than hire from the outside, now you are questioning your coach because you are losing. I watched the LG-Bellville game, it was your OL that was the problem all night. I know this might hurt some parents but fact are facts, I would take Mueller at QB in a heart beat. Kid is a winner that can beat you with his arm and legs, stop bitching about your coach and tell your OL to get after it and I think you can beat Giddings. With your 2 RB's and Mueller, it does not take much room for them to score. I am sure you questioned Coach Huey in his earlier years also, let the man coach and leave your arm chair coaching in the stands.

I don't know that much about football but there are 11 people on that field for each team at a time, you cannot blame all the problems of the offense on 5 people. That is ludicrous. I believe in this team and I think they will bring it Friday night. Go BULLS!!!!

hookandladder
10-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by trg
I don't know that much about football but there are 11 people on that field for each team at a time, you cannot blame all the problems of the offense on 5 people. That is ludicrous. I believe in this team and I think they will bring it Friday night. Go BULLS!!!!

The offense starts with the OL, ask Bradford.

rancher
10-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Like I said, Bellville offense is horrible, if the offensive coordinator is making the decisions, he needs to take the heat and not the young men playing. There is too much talent on this team to be an offensive basket case like they are. Look back at the Livingston and the bone head call made on that short yardage situation, that comes from the top. You have a good and tall qb back, two qucik and experienced backs, another big back who can pound the ball. It does not take much of a offensive line to make the system go, unless they are not being schooled on how to block. There seems to be general agreement that the offensive is the problem, how long do we need to make excuses for someone who cannot do the job.

BrahmaMom
10-13-2009, 11:27 AM
No excuses. I agree with much of what has been said here, but don't want to see anyone trashed. I am sorry we didn't work out the kinks earlier in the season, but it isn't over yet. Not by a long shot. Don't sell this team--or the coaching staff--short. Bellville has a tradition, I hope we dig deep and get fired up. Would love to see the determination, fire in the belly, passion and leadership of years past--from coaches and players. Bellville can beat Giddings. Believe!

Milk That Cow
10-13-2009, 12:07 PM
What are the Playoff Tiebreakers for District 25?

rancher
10-13-2009, 12:47 PM
I think head to head and points.

zebrablue2
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
What are the Playoff Tiebreakers for District 25?

I would think positive points would be the first option.

Bull's-eye
10-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I got a question about the Bellville/LG game. Bellville was attempting a FG on about a 4th & 2, the snap was bad & the holder decided to pick up the ball and run. He was immediately tackled, but the LG defense was called for a facemask. Bellville was initially awarded 15 yards & a first down, but then the official gave the ball to the Leps. Maybe our officials can clarify this call. If the Bellville holder is tackled and brought down by the facemask, shouldn't the ball had stayed with Bellville? If the facemask happened after the play was over, does that make it a post possession penalty and LG is awarded the ball, less the 15 yards marked off against them?

StangEm
10-13-2009, 01:21 PM
It's hard to say what's really going on in Bellville. Seems to me like there are a lot of kids there not really believing in the system that the new head coach is running. Lots of personnel changes and a couple coaches leaving seem to have created doubts. New OC hasn't really received the same level of respect that Chancellor had as the offensive play caller. No doubt the talent is there to get the job done.

Reds fan
10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
I got a question about the Bellville/LG game. Bellville was attempting a FG on about a 4th & 2, the snap was bad & the holder decided to pick up the ball and run. He was immediately tackled, but the LG defense was called for a facemask. Bellville was initially awarded 15 yards & a first down, but then the official gave the ball to the Leps. Maybe our officials can clarify this call. If the Bellville holder is tackled and brought down by the facemask, shouldn't the ball had stayed with Bellville? If the facemask happened after the play was over, does that make it a post possession penalty and LG is awarded the ball, less the 15 yards marked off against them?

Been wondering about that myself:thinking:

zebrablue2
10-13-2009, 03:23 PM

Had to have been a dead-ball foul..

LHS 2SONS
10-13-2009, 03:40 PM
It was

hookandladder
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Had to have been a dead-ball foul..

The Bellville announcer said it was a dead ball foul, it is very hard to hear him from the visitor's side.

Bull's-eye
10-13-2009, 04:05 PM
The Bellville announcer said it was a dead ball foul, it is very hard to hear him from the visitor's side.

We all assumed that was the case, but no one actually saw when the foul occured from our angle. So what we are trying to say is that the holder was already stopped and then the play was blown dead. The LG defense then came late & grabbed the facemask. That sounds dirty to me, but actually doesn't make much sense, usually someone is called for grabbing the facemask in the process of making the tackle.

Move The Chains
10-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Not sure why everybody is saying the field conditions favored Bellville, it was equally tough on both teams. Bellville did seem to have the biggest problem, fumbling a punt snap that led to LG's only TD. Bellville probably cost themselves a couple scores because of penalties, one was an INT for a TD that was called back because of a block in the back, away from the play. Field conditions played a huge role in this game, much similar to the LG/Needville game.

Losing 24-14 is not getting handily defeated. Bellville ended the game on the 1 yard line & had missd a FG. Bellville made several blunders that kept them from winning this game. Stats were like 400-350 in favor of Navasota. Bellville had trouble defending the Rattlers in the first half, but made the adjustments and held them to 3 second half points.

For the record, Needville did not hold Bellville scoreless in that scrimmage. Also, a scrimmage is not a real game. Coachers are there to evaluate players, winning the contest is not their primary concern. Before you get your feelings hurt, I think Needville has a good team. IMO, there are teams like Gilmer & the rest of the top 20 are fairly equal or at least capable of knocking one another off. It woulda been a garbage Td anyway. Moral victory! woohoo. The game was over, the potenetial TD meant nothing.

Navasota was and is the better team. 2 Td's better I'd say, and I say handily because that was a 10 point win in YOUR house. Not even on their home turf.

I'll say it again. Bellville loses by 3 TD's on Friday.

LHS 2SONS
10-13-2009, 04:46 PM
We all assumed that was the case, but no one actually saw when the foul occured from our angle. So what we are trying to say is that the holder was already stopped and then the play was blown dead. The LG defense then came late & grabbed the facemask. That sounds dirty to me, but actually doesn't make much sense, usually someone is called for grabbing the facemask in the process of making the tackle.

The game is over, get over it. Good luck the rest of District as that is what Bellville needs to be concentrating on.

BrahmaMom
10-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Well, the fans finally got fired up here on the board, hope it carries over to the team. I've said all along that I don't see the heart, that carries a team a long way. And we have talent, too. We can get to the next level, we just have to want it and execute. It's no secret our offense is struggling. Let's give them and the coaches the support to pull it together. And praise the heck out of our defense, which is doing great! Positive feedback is known to work better than negative. That said, sometimes a wake-up call is necessary. A team effort combines all the components successfully. GO BRAHMAS!

mrgreenblood
10-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Bellville has a good team. Their two losses have been by a total of what, 13 points? (I could be wrong.) Navasota and La Grange? No slouches. With that said, Giddings wins in a close one.

MJMbrahmas10
10-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Mr Rancher do u know what ur talkin about? Cause I recall last year you talkin trash about the bulls and they went 12-2

sTx
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Giddings will run all over bellville coming off of a big loss they will be fired up and ready to go

zebrablue2
10-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by sTx
Giddings will run all over bellville coming off of a big loss they will be fired up and ready to go

great 3rd post, and welcome to the board!!!

beastyboyz
10-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Every think about how everybody is the perfect coach from the stands/bleachers?? Ha it seems like everybody knows the perfect play to call when the coach calls a bad play..."He should of ran this on 2nd and 4, or he should of ran that on 4 and inches" don't think some people realize all the pressure a coach is under...
Don't know if I'm the only person who thinks like this, but I just thought I should put it out there...

Spread It Out
10-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Every think about how everybody is the perfect coach from the stands/bleachers?? Ha it seems like everybody knows the perfect play to call when the coach calls a bad play..."He should of ran this on 2nd and 4, or he should of ran that on 4 and inches" don't think some people realize all the pressure a coach is under...
Don't know if I'm the only person who thinks like this, but I just thought I should put it out there...

If a coach can't perform under pressure how can he expect his players to?

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 06:06 AM

( Sounds dirty to me) Yes, our players were real dirty, most all of them. Did you see the field it was real muddy, GET OVER IT, MOVE ON

StangEm
10-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Isn't this the same coaching staff as last year, minus Chancellor of course.

Spread It Out
10-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by StangEm
Isn't this the same coaching staff as last year, minus Chancellor of course.

For the most part, yes. But different coaches now have different assignments i.e. new offensive coordinator. There's also a terrific new quarterbacks coach.

Spread It Out
10-14-2009, 08:29 AM
( Sounds dirty to me) Yes, our players were real dirty, most all of them. Did you see the field it was real muddy, GET OVER IT, MOVE ON

Not sure why you keep telling Bellville posters to move on, you're from La Grange and posting on a Bellville vs. Giddings thread. Pot, meet kettle...

duckhunter
10-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by StangEm
Isn't this the same coaching staff as last year, minus Chancellor of course. no

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Not sure why you keep telling Bellville posters to move on, you're from La Grange and posting on a Bellville vs. Giddings thread. Pot, meet kettle...

You must have missed the post about them saying that we played dirty.

Bull's-eye
10-14-2009, 11:46 AM

I said it would be dirty to grab a player's facemask after the play has been blown dead. My point is that it would have been more likely that the facemask happened in the process of making the tackle. Quit twisting my words hook!!

Bull's-eye
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
That sounds dirty to me, but actually doesn't make much sense, usually someone is called for grabbing the facemask in the process of making the tackle.

Hook, this was my response to the facemask being called after the play was blown dead. I'm actually siding with the LG players wouldn't do that. If you are going to twist words, do it on another thread. :hand:

StangEm
10-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Just a thought......does anyone believe Bellville will have some sort of chip on their shoulder after the Regional Final last year? Can't say for sure but I think Bellville have a chance to win that game in the 1st OT, right? It's gonna be a barn burner.

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Hook, this was my response to the facemask being called after the play was blown dead. I'm actually siding with the LG players wouldn't do that. If you are going to twist words, do it on another thread. :hand:

Not twisting words, just stating the LG player in question would never facemask another player on purpose. So there was no need for the dirty word.

Spread It Out
10-14-2009, 03:08 PM

You must have missed the title that does NOT say La Grange in it in your midst of twisting words.

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 03:13 PM

This is the post I was talking about, it includes dirty and La Grange. Am I missing something.

Spread It Out
10-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Nowhere in that post does he say "La Grange is a dirty team and grabbed facemasks after the play." If you'd read carefully and actually thought about what you were reading, you'd understand that he is not making assumptions about La Grange being a dirty team. He's actually siding with LG and saying that if they were to grab a facemask, it'd be during the play and not after it.

hookandladder
10-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Nowhere in that post does he say "La Grange is a dirty team and grabbed facemasks after the play." If you'd read carefully and actually thought about what you were reading, you'd understand that he is not making assumptions about La Grange being a dirty team. He's actually siding with LG and saying that if they were to grab a facemask, it'd be during the play and not after it.

You are definitely reading it different then me but we will leave at that. It's all good.

Back to the orginal post, as I stated earlier I think Bellville can beat Giddings. Defensive struggle, Bellville by a FG if Bellville plays defense like they played against us.

Spread It Out
10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
You are definitely reading it different then me but we will leave at that. It's all good.

Back to the orginal post, as I stated earlier I think Bellville can beat Giddings. Defensive struggle, Bellville by a FG if Bellville plays defense like they played against us.

Okay, I'll agree to disagree. :)

GiddingsFan
10-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Giddings will not lose 2 in a row. Fitzhenry has won over 60 games in Giddings. We will find a way to win!

Bull's-eye
10-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Not twisting words, just stating the LG player in question would never facemask another player on purpose. So there was no need for the dirty word.

All of our boys aren't perfect, sometimes in the heat of the battle, they will do something stupid. If that would of been a Bellville player, I would not be defending him. Plays like that could cost you a ball game. (This is under the assumption that the facemask occurred after the play was dead.)

beastyboyz
10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Lol. Seems like ppl are getting a bit "heated up" on this thread...

Calm down.. haha...

sTx
10-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
Giddings will not lose 2 in a row. Fitzhenry has won over 60 games in Giddings. We will find a way to win!

:clap: :eek: :clap:

Bull's-eye
10-14-2009, 08:32 PM
I think most Bellville fans were happy that Bellville stayed within for their coach rather than hire from the outside, now you are questioning your coach . Coach Huey in his earlier years also, let the man coach and leave your arm chair coaching in the stands.

I seem to recall a certain LG poster griping about their baseball coach, but I guess that's ok. You remember that Hook?

BrahmaMom
10-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Huey had his nay-sayers, too. Especially in his early years with the Brahmas. He developed over time, can we give Foster that same chance? It may cost us a win, but he has done a fantastic job with defense. I hope he and Collier can turn this offense around. Bellville can win this one, but it won't be handed to them. I think we were too confident going into the season. We've had a reality check and I think the Bulls can do it! I believe in our team--go Bulls!

bvillebrahma010
10-14-2009, 11:08 PM
to be honest, i think that lack of leadership we have talked about all year long has made a 90 degree turn and the bulls are not on their heels. sure, im from bellville, and im certainly not trying to be a homer, but my all means! i sense a different look in my sons eyes when he comes home, and also his friends! the griping about coaching needs to STOP!! if you dont like it, apply to take over that job, or shut the hell up! they work their tails off! they are human and make mistakes! they cant be perfect! give collier a break! hes a genius and knows what he is doing! sure, i disagree with his calls sometimes, but he has been doing it a lot longer than anyone in the stands has (hence the reason he is wearing the headset)! now, the lg game is done! leave it be! stop complaining about everything bellville posters! haha! no one likes us! but our guys get on this website and read this and it only concerns them! if anything, post something to encourage them! we win as a team and lose as a team! from the top to the bottom, everyone plays a roll! we make mistakes! THE QUESTION IS, IS CAN BELLVILLE REBOUND FROM THOSE MISTAKES AND CARRY ON THAT DREAM THAT STARTED AT THE END OF LAST SEASON, OR WILL WE FALL TO THE PRESSURE!

bvillebrahma010
10-14-2009, 11:11 PM
one more quick statement, i have a sneaky gut feeling telling me that some of those players who have been sitting back waiting for something to happen will step up this game! i say that 2 of the offensive players whose names are never mention play a big role in this game for the brahmas! the wide receivers and tight end will have a big night!

beastyboyz
10-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
one more quick statement, i have a sneaky gut feeling telling me that some of those players who have been sitting back waiting for something to happen will step up this game! i say that 2 of the offensive players whose names are never mention play a big role in this game for the brahmas! the wide receivers and tight end will have a big night!

Seems like u have a inside source of some sort???

bvillebrahma010
10-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Seems like u have a inside source of some sort???

no. its just that these two postions have highly skilled athletes that havent had there time to shine! im gonna predict that the time starts friday night against giddings!

beastyboyz
10-15-2009, 12:14 AM
no. its just that these two postions have highly skilled athletes that havent had there time to shine! im gonna predict that the time starts friday night against giddings!

Oh okay...? Haven't heard much about the brahmas reciever besides #22 and #1 will sneak up on you sometimes

But wht makes u think the tight end and recievers will have such a good game against giddings?

Just curious haha!

bvillebrahma010
10-15-2009, 12:56 AM
#1 is who i am talking about at wideout! haha. im not necessarily saying they will have a big game, i should have been more clear! ha, but i think they will make some big plays that will key in the game IF bellville wins! i know #80 has good hands and has good speed for a big guy. i think he is 6'2 215 lbs and runs a 4.7 forty! and i dont know much about the other one who is occasionally in there, i think he is #42?? not sure! but my instincts are talking to me! haha. i have seen # 80 stand wide open all year long! along with that wideout #1 josh brast! if the offensive line can buy some time, i feel that some crucial plays will come from #80 and #1. btw, both #1 and #80 are really good blockers! i have seen #1 do some outstanding perimeter blocking!!

Spread It Out
10-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Not sure where you're getting all of this info, but I haven't seen anything from either of these players that would suggest them having a big night like you're predicting. I hope they prove me wrong and are able to come out and have a big game Friday like you're saying they will!

MJMbrahmas10
10-15-2009, 03:38 AM
I remember #1 At the beginning of the year making nice catches. But as of late #18 has been in on most pass plays. He stretches the field with his speed. #1 doesn't have the speed he has but seems to always get open. #45 has came in and made a few big plays. He is a nice acomplice to #80 at TE. Both these guys seem like nice athletes who have been improving alot lately

MJMbrahmas10
10-15-2009, 03:43 AM
I remember #1 At the beginning of the year making nice catches. But as of late #18 has been in on most pass plays. He stretches the field with his speed. #1 doesn't have the speed he has but seems to always get open. #45 has came in and made a few big plays. He is a nice acomplice to #80 at TE. Both these guys seem like nice athletes who have been improving alot lately

hookandladder
10-15-2009, 06:14 AM
I seem to recall a certain LG poster griping about their baseball coach, but I guess that's ok. You remember that Hook?

Yes, you are correct and most were not happy when the old AD and Super gave him the HC job without interviewing anyone else. You know as well as me that La Grange was a baseball town before it was a football town, old AD could not care less about baseball or most any sport that showed his sport up. Our new AD and Super went out and found us a really good baseball coach who is passionate about his sport, plays to win, not satisfy. In my post regarding Bellville, I seem to remember most Bellville fans were happy with them staying within. So that is what I posted.

BrahmaMom
10-15-2009, 07:33 AM
Yup, #1 has had some great plays. I don't watch him exclusively, so don't know too much, but he has had some outstanding plays. There is a crazy woman in the stands screaming "Block for him, block for him" every game--me. I go crazy when the ball carriers don't have blockers. Guess I have watched too much football over the years. Anyway, I am optimistic about tomorrow night. MJM, you are right, you win as a team and lose as a team. I hope you are also right about the leadership turnaround, that would be a biggie! Let's get ready for some Brahma football! GO BULLS!

beastyboyz
10-15-2009, 09:30 AM
If bvillebrahma010 has a good source, seems like #80 is a hoss.

But I've followed bellville football all season. Haven't even heard of #80. Is he a new move in?

Bull's-eye
10-15-2009, 10:41 AM
If bvillebrahma010 has a good source, seems like #80 is a hoss.

But I've followed bellville football all season. Haven't even heard of #80. Is he a new move in?

They just haven't used him hardly at all. He looks big & fast, that's why I been hinting all year long for Bellville to use their TE's. There is also #45, who has made a few catches. Even in the Pro game, the TE is not always picked up in pass coverage. They can make a block and then slip out into a pass pattern.

11as1
10-15-2009, 11:56 AM
well i've been silent all week but it's time to post. in this game i gotta go with giddings they will bounce back in a BIG way from last week.
also this talk of #80 and the TE just a little heads up, collier hates TE which is why they don't get used and second #80 isn't that good of an athlete i think he only has one td in his career and that was against sinton last year in play offs where it seemed everyone scored in that game. seems to me you are this TE so all i gotta say stop putting yourself on a pedastal if you are that good they'd find a way to utilize you.
last statement giddings by atleast a td

Spread It Out
10-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by 11as1
well i've been silent all week but it's time to post. in this game i gotta go with giddings they will bounce back in a BIG way from last week.
also this talk of #80 and the TE just a little heads up, collier hates TE which is why they don't get used and second #80 isn't that good of an athlete i think he only has one td in his career and that was against sinton last year in play offs where it seemed everyone scored in that game. seems to me you are this TE so all i gotta say stop putting yourself on a pedastal if you are that good they'd find a way to utilize you.

:iagree: :iagree:

Gators17
10-15-2009, 12:06 PM
There's been a lot of talk lately from the Bellville posters talking about all the athletes and D-1 talent they have on this football team but I've yet to see it all come out on the football field. I know this team is one of the most athletic to come through Bellville High School but with all the hype y'all are building up, one would think y'all were the Dallas Cowboys. Let your play speak for you and don't write any checks your @$$ can't cash.

Go Bulls!

StangEm
10-15-2009, 12:41 PM

:doh:

Pshhhhhhhhhht.........BUSTED!! :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

X15-MEM
10-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I know everyone has there opinion of what is right, what is wrong, who is good and who is bad, but there is no reason to call out players on this board. I know most of the young men on the Bellville roster and none of them would get on here and toot there own horn, be derogatory to each other or there coaches. Many players dislike things the coaches do or say at the moment but understand later it was for the best. I no longer have a son playing for Bellville but much of this comes from him. As for the players you have already called out on this board they are better than average athletes and are more than up to the challenges at hand. What bothers me the most is the way the Bellville fans here and in the stands are so negative, even in the 5 & 5 season a couple of years ago it wasn’t this bad. I know the 2008 post-season and the 2009 pre-season hype have a great deal to do with those attitudes but get real people these are young men giving it there all and it is OUR job to support them to the fullest extent. Thanks for your positive thoughts BrahmaMom, bvillebrahma010 and MJMbrahmas10. BTW #80 is a SR TE who rotated in at TE last year and has been in the Bellville football program since junior high. This roster is loaded with talent, just have to find the right formula to mature them from a firecracker to an atomic bomb. Good Luck Bulls I believe in you!

trg
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
You go x15-mem. Well said. I believe in this team and I believe they can come together as a team and do what needs to be done. Let's go Brahmas. Focus on the job at hand and leave it all on the field Friday night.

44INAROW
10-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I agree and none of the teams can afford to have a "bad game" Whoever comes out of District 25 will be battle tested in the truest sense of the word

swineflu
10-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by X15-MEM
I know everyone has there opinion of what is right, what is wrong, who is good and who is bad, but there is no reason to call out players on this board. I know most of the young men on the Bellville roster and none of them would get on here and toot there own horn, be derogatory to each other or there coaches. Many players dislike things the coaches do or say at the moment but understand later it was for the best. I no longer have a son playing for Bellville but much of this comes from him. As for the players you have already called out on this board they are better than average athletes and are more than up to the challenges at hand. What bothers me the most is the way the Bellville fans here and in the stands are so negative, even in the 5 & 5 season a couple of years ago it wasn’t this bad. I know the 2008 post-season and the 2009 pre-season hype have a great deal to do with those attitudes but get real people these are young men giving it there all and it is OUR job to support them to the fullest extent. Thanks for your positive thoughts BrahmaMom, bvillebrahma010 and MJMbrahmas10. BTW #80 is a SR TE who rotated in at TE last year and has been in the Bellville football program since junior high. This roster is loaded with talent, just have to find the right formula to mature them from a firecracker to an atomic bomb. Good Luck Bulls I believe in you!

:clap:

11as1
10-15-2009, 02:35 PM
just a little heads up x15-mem i know for a fact bvillebrahma010 is a player and i also know he is #80. also i know that there are other players on the bellville roster that do get on to post so before you say something please have your facts straight. it's obvious that bvillebramah010 is #80 after all i recall last year him saying something about the rotating TE is a HOSS!! hah if he were a hoss he wouldn't rotate

X15-MEM
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
didn't know they had changed the age of participation in HS sports......

Can not say for sure that this is not a player but sure looks more like a father and his attempts to motivate some players (including his son) to step it up.

BaTmAn24
10-15-2009, 03:37 PM
just a little heads up x15-mem i know for a fact bvillebrahma010 is a player and i also know he is #80. also i know that there are other players on the bellville roster that do get on to post so before you say something please have your facts straight. it's obvious that bvillebramah010 is #80 after all i recall last year him saying something about the rotating TE is a HOSS!! hah if he were a hoss he wouldn't rotate :eek: :1popcorn::eek:

BaTmAn24
10-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Oh and by the way. Giddings wins this one. Putting Bellville up against the wall, hoping to find a way into the playoffs still!

Spread It Out
10-15-2009, 04:01 PM
just a little heads up x15-mem i know for a fact bvillebrahma010 is a player and i also know he is #80. also i know that there are other players on the bellville roster that do get on to post so before you say something please have your facts straight. it's obvious that bvillebramah010 is #80 after all i recall last year him saying something about the rotating TE is a HOSS!! hah if he were a hoss he wouldn't rotate

:eek: :1popcorn: :spitlol:

X15-MEM
10-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Enough already, don't really care if it's a player, parent or fan. Calling out players on this board is not classy no matter what team they are from or at which level they play. I do happen to know the young man you are referring to and actually coached him in the past, as to if he would or would not post things on here to stir the pot or boast I have no idea, but does it really matter. You WIN or LOSE as a team not as an individual.

11as1
10-15-2009, 04:23 PM
agreed so let's skip this and move on to the game tommorrow.

should be a good one but still have the buffs comin out on top

Spread It Out
10-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Seems like there's A LOT of animosity between Bellville players/posters/fans. In the heat of a district battle, this is exactly what you wouldn't want. Bellville still has a great chance to make the playoffs and I hope they're able to pull everything together and give us a great game Friday night! With that being said, I'm going to have to go with the Buffs in this one.

Giddings 28
Bellville 14

BaTmAn24
10-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Bellville seems full of animosity this year. I know we are basing this off of people's opinions we read on the internet but still. This late in the season and we are still hearing how the coaches suck, or this player isn't getting the ball enough, or how the offensive line is horrible. Bellville needed to work out these kinks a long time ago. With as much talent this team is supposed to have (I'm going off of what i have read from other posts) you would think they would be walking through their opponents. But instead they are 0-2!! :eek:. Being in a tough district, they are going to have a difficult time making it to the playoffs but they do still have a SLIM chance. Good luck to Bellville from here on out, they're going to need it.

Spread It Out
10-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24
But instead they are 0-2!! .

It's not even Friday and you've already written off the Bulls in this one?! I haven't seen the Buffs this year but going off your post I assume they're pretty dang good! :D

1st and goal
10-15-2009, 05:46 PM
It's not even Friday and you've already written off the Bulls in this one?! I haven't seen the Buffs this year but going off your post I assume they're pretty dang good! :D

We are good, but not that good that we can write this game off...

This will be a barnburner, after all, it's bulls vs. buffaloes.:D :clap: :clap:

bvillebrahma010
10-15-2009, 05:51 PM
actually, funny thing is, is that im his uncle and i live in brookshire. he used to get on here during baseball season last year, so has his father, and my son (his cousin). funny how you think you know something when all in all it is an assumption! i actually played football with chip seals and freddie nails and ran track with them myself back in the 80's.

beastyboyz
10-15-2009, 05:54 PM
it really doesnt metter what ppl say on here, the coaches and the players are gonna still do wht they normally do...this is just fan board for fans to express their opinions

we all kno everybody in d25 has talent, but talent can only take you so far, sometimes coaching has alot to do with it too...bu they players+coaches=team. right?

i hope that all the poster on here have a safe trip to their home teams game tomorrow night. goodluck to everyone

rancher
10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
I am proud that my two sons played for Bellville. Although they were not starters, they still played and were a part of the team. Any young man that plays and remains on the team, has nothing but my respect for the self discipline and dedication it takes. However, when you have D1 talent going to waste by lack of an offense it needs to be pointed out that those in charge and making the decisions are not getting the job done. Bellville has a great program going and the lower levels teams are doing great. I hate to see such talent this year and in the future not get to the level they deserve. I'm a realist and until things change on the offensive side of the ball, the defination of insanity is alive and well. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Gidding will win this one big.

11as1
10-15-2009, 06:09 PM
to be honest, i think that lack of leadership we have talked about all year long has made a 90 degree turn and the bulls are not on their heels. sure, im from bellville, and im certainly not trying to be a homer, but my all means! i sense a different look in my sons eyes when he comes home, and also his friends! the griping about coaching needs to STOP!! if you dont like it, apply to take over that job, or shut the hell up! they work their tails off! they are human and make mistakes! they cant be perfect! give collier a break! hes a genius and knows what he is doing! sure, i disagree with his calls sometimes, but he has been doing it a lot longer than anyone in the stands has (hence the reason he is wearing the headset)! now, the lg game is done! leave it be! stop complaining about everything bellville posters! haha! no one likes us! but our guys get on this website and read this and it only concerns them! if anything, post something to encourage them! we win as a team and lose as a team! from the top to the bottom, everyone plays a roll! we make mistakes! THE QUESTION IS, IS CAN BELLVILLE REBOUND FROM THOSE MISTAKES AND CARRY ON THAT DREAM THAT STARTED AT THE END OF LAST SEASON, OR WILL WE FALL TO THE PRESSURE!

i thought you were his uncle??? make up your mind what you want to pretend to be

11as1
10-15-2009, 06:15 PM
o yeah one more thing if you're from brookshire why is your location bellville??:confused:

bvillebrahma010
10-15-2009, 06:19 PM
o yeah one more thing if you're from brookshire why is your location bellville??:confused:

what part of his dad, my son, and i also have posted on here do you not understand?

bvillebrahma010
10-15-2009, 06:20 PM
it really doesnt metter what ppl say on here, the coaches and the players are gonna still do wht they normally do...this is just fan board for fans to express their opinions

we all kno everybody in d25 has talent, but talent can only take you so far, sometimes coaching has alot to do with it too...bu they players+coaches=team. right?

i hope that all the poster on here have a safe trip to their home teams game tomorrow night. goodluck to everyone

and also bring the jackets! as it will be chilly tomorrow night! anyone know of any good restaurants to eat at in giddings?

Bull's-eye
10-15-2009, 06:24 PM

Here's what I heard at the Booster Club meeting. The officials mistakenly ruled the holder down. High School rules allow the holder to pick up the ball, where he can run or pass. He was tackled by a LG player, who also grabbed his facemask. Since he was previously ruled down, the facemask mistakenly became a post possession foul. Sincethe holder wasn't down, the ball should of stayed with Bellville, first down deep in LG territory.

Spread It Out
10-15-2009, 06:41 PM
and also bring the jackets! as it will be chilly tomorrow night! anyone know of any good restaurants to eat at in giddings?

No restaraunts big enough to hold you and your teammates! :D

Just joking, bvillebrahma010. But in all reality, you (this pertains to #80's uncle, father, cousin) should register for your own account so there will be no more confusion. We here on the downlow always love new posters and like to read other people's insight and take on 3a football!

GiddingsFan
10-15-2009, 07:13 PM
There's a relatively new restaurant on 77 called Golden Catfish something or other. Turn on 77 from 290 towards our high school and it will be on the right. Lost Pines BBQ by the old Ford Dealership is good too. Have a safe trip.

bvillebrahma010
10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
There's a relatively new restaurant on 77 called Golden Catfish something or other. Turn on 77 from 290 towards our high school and it will be on the right. Lost Pines BBQ by the old Ford Dealership is good too. Have a safe trip.
ive eaten at lost pines bbq! pretty good! i may have to try the golden catfish place out!

WAOBUFFS!
10-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Game will be fun to watch.
Buffs coming off disappointing second half against sealy.
And Bellville loses to La Grange.
0-1 teams battling it out--BEST 0-1 TEAMS IN THE STATE
Will be the third meeting of these to programs in 365 days. previous two were barn burners, THIS ONE WILL BE TOO!

THE BELLVILLE PEOPLE SURE ARE BEING PISSY ABOUT COACH THIS AND COACH THAT, AND D1 PLAYER THIS AND THEY DONT USE HIM AND WHY DONT THEY DO THIS, AND BLAH BLAH......THAT KIND OF THINKING WILL GET YOUR BUTT KICKED IN A BIG GAME.
SOUNDS LIKE BELLVILLE GOT WHOLE LOT OF PARENTS IN THE DAMN WAY IF YOU ASK ME. THEY NEED TO SHUT UP AND GET A SEAT. STARTING THINKING UP EXCUSES FOR NEXT WEEK SOUNDS LIKE TO ME, THEY SEEM TO BE GOOD AT THAT.

11 BOYS ON THE FIELD PLAY THE GAME, REST OF YOU NEED TO SHUT YOUR TRAP AND WATCH...ASS WHOOPING IS COMING, BUFFALOE STYLE.............GET READY, WE FIXING TO GIVE YOU ALL SOMETHING TO WHINE ABOUT.

ESPECIALLY IF THEY PLAY MY BOY AND GIVE HIM THE BALL!!!!!
:D :D :D

11as1
10-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by WAOBUFFS!
Game will be fun to watch.
Buffs coming off disappointing second half against sealy.
And Bellville loses to La Grange.
0-1 teams battling it out--BEST 0-1 TEAMS IN THE STATE
Will be the third meeting of these to programs in 365 days. previous two were barn burners, THIS ONE WILL BE TOO!

THE BELLVILLE PEOPLE SURE ARE BEING PISSY ABOUT COACH THIS AND COACH THAT, AND D1 PLAYER THIS AND THEY DONT USE HIM AND WHY DONT THEY DO THIS, AND BLAH BLAH......THAT KIND OF THINKING WILL GET YOUR BUTT KICKED IN A BIG GAME.
SOUNDS LIKE BELLVILLE GOT WHOLE LOT OF PARENTS IN THE DAMN WAY IF YOU ASK ME. THEY NEED TO SHUT UP AND GET A SEAT. STARTING THINKING UP EXCUSES FOR NEXT WEEK SOUNDS LIKE TO ME, THEY SEEM TO BE GOOD AT THAT.

11 BOYS ON THE FIELD PLAY THE GAME, REST OF YOU NEED TO SHUT YOUR TRAP AND WATCH...ASS WHOOPING IS COMING, BUFFALOE STYLE.............GET READY, WE FIXING TO GIVE YOU ALL SOMETHING TO WHINE ABOUT.

ESPECIALLY IF THEY PLAY MY BOY AND GIVE HIM THE BALL!!!!!
:D :D :D

:iagree: :clap: :iagree:

11as1
10-15-2009, 10:07 PM
just heard from a buddy from bellville that a kid from their varsity team got into a fight tonight against a kid from giddings!

only gives this game even more intensity

beastyboyz
10-15-2009, 10:27 PM
just heard from a buddy from bellville that a kid from their varsity team got into a fight tonight against a kid from giddings!

ohh really?? who told u this? who might the player be??

i think you are just......:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

11as1
10-15-2009, 10:31 PM
just heard that it was mark meyer

zebrablue2
10-15-2009, 10:34 PM
any kin to halloween's mike meyer:D

zebrablue2
10-15-2009, 10:38 PM
if bellville fans are running early, stop in carmine and eat at JW's Steakhouse. it is on the left, about 1/10th of a mile off of 290. darn good food-- steaks-seafood or burgers. I give it 5-stars.. about 5 to 5:30 should not be real busy yet!!

bvillebrahma010
10-15-2009, 11:28 PM

i heard from another dad that was there that the fight was on the field between players and some were ejected?? that is all i know.

duckhunter
10-16-2009, 09:10 AM
this whole thread makes me wanna vomit. you got parents, players, coaches, aunts, uncles, third cousins, everyone just not knowing when to freeze their keys on their keyboard and move on......quit worry about this freaking website that has no relevance at all and take a deep breath and put your real priorities first and this website last

good luck to both teams tonight and hopefully the best team will win.

GiddingsFan
10-16-2009, 09:43 AM
You have to appreciate how much we love our teams though. If you don't like it, don't read it. You have to know it's going to be pretty raunchy.

UPanIN
10-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Bellville by 12

Bull's-eye
10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Good luck to both teams, looking forward to seeing some of my friends from Giddings. Let's hope for a great game! :)

GiddingsFan
10-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Go get 'em Buffs! WAO

1st and goal
10-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Y'all Bellville folk drive careful.

GO BUFFS!

SHSBulldog00
10-16-2009, 04:50 PM
WOW!!!:eek: :eek: I hope Bellville's offense can get on track early.

Reds fan
10-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Everyone have a safe trip and....

GO BULLS!!!!

Brahma2006
10-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Hopefully the Brahma playcalling in this game will be more aggresive. Last week the coaches called it safe and basically played to lose the game and not win it. Id like to see them open up the playbook and pass the ball more, maybe throw knoll in there at QB who looks downfield and throws it well. Mueller at TE is big target.

Reds fan
10-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Brahma2006
Hopefully the Brahma playcalling in this game will be more aggresive. Last week the coaches called it safe and basically played to lose the game and not win it. Id like to see them open up the playbook and pass the ball more, maybe throw knoll in there at QB who looks downfield and throws it well. Mueller at TE is big target.

Well, that's not working either....interception, Giddings in Bellville backfield most every play, Bellville down 13-0 at half

Brahma2006
10-16-2009, 10:00 PM
21-7 Giddings wins.

There goes Bellville's playoffs hopes more than likely.
Brahma's waited too long to make big plays and take shots downfield once again. And the defense was on the field most of the time this week again. Gidddings played tough and smart. Stacking the box knowing Bellville was gonna run it and then backing off come passing downs. Great coaching over there in Giddings. I dont know what to say about the Bellville side. Switching QB's every 3 plays and not putting any pressure on the Giddings run game knowing thats what they like to do. Cant get into a rythum like that with the switching of the QB's.

strosfan
10-16-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm with you on the whole changing qb's thing. Can't get anything going like that. No continuity.

bvillebrahma010
10-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Great game buffs! that is all we can say at bellville! we can put down the excuses and griping, and say great game! giddings went up with us fair and square! to be honest, the offense played a lot better! consistently moved the ball for about 4 yards and occasionally broke for a bigger gain. defense played well too, just have to eliminate those big plays, and that is hard to do with the defense on the field all the time. best of luck to yall buffs! i have and always respect you guys, even if we do have that rivalry! bellville, you guys are not out yet. if the cards fall a certain way, you are back in it for a third place spot! great game buffs and congrats once again!

ps: please keep the safety cody knoll in your prayers as he is still at the hospital. he is suffering from a severe concussion and is having xrays and mri's done! and also the DT jake wiebold as he is in the hospital with a huge gash that went to the bone in his knee. the cut is about 4 inches wide. thanks!

44INAROW
10-17-2009, 12:26 AM

ps: please keep the safety cody knoll in your prayers as he is still at the hospital. he is suffering from a severe concussion and is having xrays and mri's done! and also the DT jake wiebold as he is in the hospital with a huge gash that went to the bone in his knee. the cut is about 4 inches wide. thanks!

hope they are both OK - please update us tomorrow on their condition

GiddingsFan
10-17-2009, 12:35 AM
Good game Bellville!

rancher
10-17-2009, 06:01 AM
My prayers are with both those young men.

rancher
10-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Once again Bellville offensive game plan let them down. Defensive played well enough to provide the win.

WAOBUFFS!
10-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Bellville had just 185 yards total offense. Alot of that came right before half time and at end of game, Giddings in a prevent look.
Giddings defense was WAO. Too much SPEED for Bellville, looks like brought LB's every play, secondary a bunch of thiefs!!!!

Its not that the fast was are so fast for the buffs(but they are) the slow ones are ON THE BENCH I GUESS. D-line pressure QB all night, LB's were just desert.

LOOK LIKE GIDDINGS DEFENSE OF COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. AND VERY PHYSICAL GAME, COULD HEAR IT IN THE STANDS .

buffs dont fumble on their own 20 yard line and Bellvile never scores

XMan
10-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Well, at least Bellville still has volleyball.

rancher
10-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Maybe this is Coller's plan so he can start basketball on time this year. All of the offensive weapons back from last year and we have had to put up with this. Hopefully the coaching staff is not living in fantasy land and takes a hard look for the cause of the problem and not make excuses.

1st and goal
10-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Keep us posted on Cody and Jake's injuries. Prayers from Giddings.

Bellville was in this game until late in the 4th quarter when the Buffs finally broke a QB keeper for a long run TD. Buff's defense was the game breaker. Our offense had its share of troubles moving the ball (Bull's D was really good). Our passing game moved the ball more effectively than the running game.

Tough district. No easy wins.

KL3
10-17-2009, 09:28 AM

XMan, are you still coaching in Brenham? I can see your still a big Bellville fan.

pirate4state
10-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Maybe this is Coller's plan so he can start basketball on time this year. All of the offensive weapons back from last year and we have had to put up with this. Hopefully the coaching staff is not living in fantasy land and takes a hard look for the cause of the problem and not make excuses. :eek: :eek: :tisk:

STANG RED
10-17-2009, 11:41 AM
shnydr SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS!!!!
ALWAYS HAVE, ALWAYS WILL!

trg
10-17-2009, 11:45 AM
:)

BaTmAn24
10-17-2009, 12:09 PM

they aren't doing all that great either....this has been a down year for bellville

Bull's-eye
10-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Brahma2006
21-7 Giddings wins.

There goes Bellville's playoffs hopes more than likely.
Brahma's waited too long to make big plays and take shots downfield once again. And the defense was on the field most of the time this week again. Gidddings played tough and smart. Stacking the box knowing Bellville was gonna run it and then backing off come passing downs. Great coaching over there in Giddings. I dont know what to say about the Bellville side. Switching QB's every 3 plays and not putting any pressure on the Giddings run game knowing thats what they like to do. Cant get into a rythum like that with the switching of the QB's.

Right on the money Brahma2006, very observant of the Giddings defense stacking the box and then backing off on the passing downs. Bellville failed to pass on the early downs, had several good opportunities on second & short, but ended up calling terrible plays for negative yardage. The Giddings coaches had their way with the inapt Bellville play calling, almost like taking candy from a baby.

Congratulations to Giddings! Good luck the rest of the season.

BrahmaMom
10-17-2009, 02:53 PM
First off, Godspeed to Knoll and Weibs. This is high school football and not worth serious &/or lifelong injuries. Love you guys, and I pray for a quick and complete recovery!

Congrats to Giddings on the win. Well done. I stood and cheered for a couple of Buffs plays, they were well done and deserved the credit.

The rest of this post is rambling, don't continue to read if you don't want to. I have been a Brahma fan a long time and I think I have earned the right to ramble, IMO. First of all, I support our team. Win or lose. I supported hiring a coach from within our system, still do. Coach Chancellor didn't have a terrific first couple years. Coach Foster deserves the same learning curve, IMO.

The Brahmas had several excellent individual performances last night and Giddings was not unbeatable by this Bellville team ( I include coaches in the term "team," FYI). I continue to maintain we have talent on this team. However, individuals don't win or lose football games, teams do. For whatever reason, this team has not yet developed a team chemistry. Lack of leadership, comraderie, heart, intensity, desire, personal commitment and discipline, play calling--one, some or all of the above and maybe more are the cause(s). I saw what it takes for championship teams ONCE last night, right after we scored. The team was emotional--together--great to see. Football is an emotional game--we haven't seen much of that this year, and teams don't go far without that.

Superintendent Conley put it in perspective for me last night, pointing out that I had lived some awesome football years with the Brahmas, something many people never get to do. That experience is obviously not a given, but it is very difficult to achieve. I think folks (including me) thought it was easy. I personally need to lower my expectations and demands of this team because I think I want this more for them than they, as a team, want it for themselves. I say this not to offend anyone but as a critique of my own shortcoming.

I support the Brahmas. I hope fans will come out in support of this team, the stands are kinda empty and quiet these days. And this team puts a lot of effort in preparing each week and deserves our support.

All that said, DON'T count the Bulls out, I sure won't! Until that final game is over, I have faith in this team! I believe in the tradition of Bellville Brahma football! GO BIG RED!!!

Reds fan
10-17-2009, 03:14 PM
No rambling there, great post BrahmaMom!

BrahmaMom
10-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks, it is hard letting go, but I know I need to. The post was catharctic for me. Kinda like kids, you want to protect them because you love them so much, but you have to let them go and make their own way in the world and their own mistakes. I want to have the wins for the team, but I can't do it and need to step back and let them handle it their way.

pirate4state
10-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Very nice posts BrahmaMom. :2thumbsup

You're boys will find a way!

LHS 2SONS
10-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Great post BrahmaMom, I think all of us need to sit back and think about our own actions. Good Luck to your Bulls the rest of District. It is not over yet.

Prayers from LG for the recovery of the young men that were injured.

zebrablue2
10-17-2009, 06:56 PM
GREAT post Brahma Mom!!:2thumbsup::clap:

1st and goal
10-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Really good post Brahmamama,;)

You aren't rambling, you just love your team.

I know I wouldn't want to start my coaching career in this district this year. There's a bunch of lower hanging fruit in other districts.