PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum Bulldogs @ Edna Cowboys

29-3aFAN
10-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Who wins? Winner of this game should represent 1st seed in D2 of the district.

Blue42
10-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Who wins? Winner of this game should represent 1st seed in D2 of the district.
I'll take the Cowboys in this one I think Yoakum spent all they had last night

44INAROW
10-10-2009, 06:29 PM
this time last week, I would have said Edna - no question - after last night - I am not sure.. I will say Edna takes this one.

Cowboy_Up
10-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Edna was very sharp vs. Gonzales. The Apaches made one play, a long pass to Burton (that young man is a player) at the start of the game. Gonzales ended up gaining less than 60 yards in TOTAL offense.
The Cowboy offense put up 40 points in the first half. Gonzales is down this year, but the Cowboy coaching staff has these kids playing well and showing improvement each week.

Don't know how beat up Yoakum is after their great effort vs. Cuero. We're fortunate to catch them the week after they play the Gobblers, but with that many seniors the Bulldogs will regroup and be ready I'm sure. Should be a good game.

Old Green
10-10-2009, 06:48 PM
This is going to be a great game. Both teams can put up a lot of points in a hurry.

29-3aFAN
10-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Anyone in Yoakum, let us know about the injuried fellas. Thx

12thMan
10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
If Yoakum comes out like they did against Cuero, I think they will beat Edna.

29-3aFAN
10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
If Yoakum is not to banged up, Yoakum by 14.

29-3aFAN
10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Dead thread, lol.

Cowboy_Up
10-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Not many Yoakum or Edna posters here.

That’s too bad as this is a rivalry that goes back a long ways.

Last year we were at Yoakum. The wife and I and our little ones like to go out to eat when we are away. So we go into this place that had been recommended to us and...Its full of blue, but the shade is a little different. Not one, and I mean not one person said a word to us and there were no smiles...we had our Edna gear on.
Only town I've ever experienced that sort of thing.

Yoakum-Edna may not have the press that other local rivalries have, but there are a lot of stories and most have a snarl or two involved.

Blue42
10-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Dead thread, lol.
Yes and this could end up being one of the best games around and make some diff in the playoffs for some other distric.

CHSVARSITYDAD
10-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey cowboy_up hope yall enjoy this win because on saturday morning all the crying and accusations from Yoakum will start deflating all your fun.
They are the most pitiful fans I have ever witnessed. Pound em good and I hope all your players have an injury free game.

underware
10-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD
Hey cowboy_up hope yall enjoy this win because on saturday morning all the crying and accusations from Yoakum will start deflating all your fun.
They are the most pitiful fans I have ever witnessed. Pound em good and I hope all your players have an injury free game.

CHSVASITYDAD; boy, what a childish thing to say. Anyway, that is your opinion, which isn't much.....

XtremeCouture
10-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by underware
CHSVASITYDAD; boy, what a childish thing to say. Anyway, that is your opinion, which isn't much.....
it's really not childish. all yoakum has to say about the cuero game is that they all know yoakum has the better team and that the refs gave cuero the game. no credit to cuero. so yeah yoakum will whine and make excuses.

CHSVARSITYDAD
10-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Thats right underware just an opinion and its worth just about as much as yours. Dont play music to pump your kids up like everyone else in the state,Dont need refs they just screw things up,whats next dont park in that sorry muddy grass field of yours,guess we'll just throw our hands up and quit.

Blue42
10-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
it's really not childish. all yoakum has to say about the cuero game is that they all know yoakum has the better team and that the refs gave cuero the game. no credit to cuero. so yeah yoakum will whine and make excuses.
I was reading the comments on the Advocate and was laughing my head off the posters from Yoakum were accusing Cuero of having the refs on there back pocket to drafting kids and that we had ineligible players because of grades to pulling the plug on the music played during warm-ups.

SHSBulldog00
10-16-2009, 12:31 AM
The music at the Cuero pregame should not bother whoever they play. That is just an excuse.:bigcry: :bigcry:

BB21
10-16-2009, 08:07 AM
I wasnt at the game and I would say that yes cuero is the better team, but you want to come on a thread that has nothing to do with cuero and bash another teams fans, that is pretty pitiful! Yall get all upset last week when I put down cuero and say yall are just backing your team like anyother fan would do and then yall want to come on here and talk bad about another town doing the same! Yall are just being hypercrits!

29-3aFAN
10-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Sic em DAWGS!

Gobbler-Buck
10-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by BB21
I wasnt at the game and I would say that yes cuero is the better team, but you want to come on a thread that has nothing to do with cuero and bash another teams fans, that is pretty pitiful! Yall get all upset last week when I put down cuero and say yall are just backing your team like anyother fan would do and then yall want to come on here and talk bad about another town doing the same! Yall are just being hypercrits!

Pot calling the kettle black....Again!

CHSVARSITYDAD
10-16-2009, 11:48 AM
BB21 remember Manpon for that Mangina. And I was wishing Cowboy_up well friday night,I believe I'm allowed to do that!

BB21
10-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah you are, but you also bashed yoakum fans! your a very class act arent you! Your really showing what cuero fans are really like! But I wouldnt expect anything else from yall! Thats all I got to say! I have nothing more to say to you people!

Cowboy_Up
10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
All five sports guys from the Advocate picked Yoakum...no love for the Cowboys at all...we'll see if my paper dude gets a tip this Christmas!

CHSVARSITYDAD
10-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I think the Yoakum fans started the bashing first,remember.Oh and BooHoo thats all I got to say to you. HAHAHAHAHA

44INAROW
10-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
All five sports guys from the Advocate picked Yoakum...no love for the Cowboys at all...we'll see if my paper dude gets a tip this Christmas!
I picked Edna - does that count :D I really dont' know what to think about the Edna/Yoakum game. I know who I want to win. Let's see if it happens ;)

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD
BB21 remember Manpon for that Mangina. :eek: :eek: :spitlol:

Gobbla2001
10-16-2009, 06:24 PM
I dunno, I'm thinkin' I might swing by this game, Edner aint but a washer-toss away from the casa...