PDA

View Full Version : Alabama... wow

XtremeCouture
10-10-2009, 04:20 PM
if they play the second half the same way as the first half they will at least jump texas and possibly florida depending on how they look tonight for the #1 spot

XtremeCouture
10-10-2009, 04:22 PM
they are up 16-0 at the half but the impressive part is ole miss has 18 yards of total offense. snead is 2-12 14 yards and 2 int

carter08
10-10-2009, 04:24 PM
RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER.

big daddy russ
10-11-2009, 12:15 AM
I hate to say it, but Bama's playing the best ball in the country right now. They're a step above UT and Florida, who are a step above VaTech.

Move The Chains
10-11-2009, 12:19 AM
L
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
if they play the second half the same way as the first half they will at least jump texas and possibly florida depending on how they look tonight for the #1 spot Florida beat the #4 team in the nation. No way they move down.

Old Tiger
10-11-2009, 01:05 AM
doesn't matter if florida or alabama is ranked ahead of texas.

big daddy russ
10-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
L Florida beat the #4 team in the nation. No way they move down.
You're right. And it's an impressive win, especially in Baton Rouge, so there's no reason to move them down. But the best team doesn't always own the best ranking, and VaTech's a much better team than LSU. Follow the trail for a second.

-------------------------------------
Georgia has looked shaky at best this year. They lost that season opener at Okie State to a Cowboy team that, to put it nicely, had an off-night. Then the Dawgs turn it around and string a couple of real nice wins together (vs. South Carolina and @ Arkansas) before scraping by less-than-impressive Arizona State, losing at home to LSU, and getting blown out today by 3-3 Tennessee.

Sure, Washington beat USC. But the Huskies have looked more like an abberation whose success hinges almost exclusively on Jake Locker's consistency rather than a first- or second-, or even a fourth-tier bowl team. Losses to Stanford and Notre Dame were tough, but so was that narrow win over Arizona today.

These guys, along with Miss St, are LSU's signature wins. While all are no doubt solid teams and should be in the bowl picture, the tight games against all of them don't make LSU seem like the fourth-best team in the country. Top-20 sure. But 40 is stretching it IMO.

-------------------------------------------
A rejuvinated Nebraska team has taken firm control of the Big XII North with today's win over previously-unbeaten and 24th-ranked Mizzou. The Huskers have looked good all season, and are probably the third-best team in the Big XII.

Miami? Well, we know what Randy Shannon's done in Miami. Huge wins over Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma.

These guys are VaTech's signature wins. And the Hokies didn't just win that game against the 'Canes, they dominated it.

-----------------------------------------
There are two reasons I bring this up. First, I believe that VaTech is a step up from LSU. Second, LSU is Florida's signature win, and VaTech is 'Bama's signature win.

Sure, the Gators dealt with the Baton Rouge crowd while 'Bama got a neutral field. But while the Gators struggled a bit with LSU, 'Bama controlled the entire game against the Hokies.

On top of that, Bama also controlled games against surprisingly-good Arkansas and Ole Miss.

Florida's only real tests so far were Tennessee and LSU. And they just haven't looked as sharp as 'Bama.

I'm not saying that I'd bet against Tebow and not saying that 'Bama's significantly better, just that I think they're a small step above UF. And believe me when I say that it pains me to say that...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ukXaQsWTJrI/SPtWxVZs18I/AAAAAAAACno/fkIs--65BMY/s200/auburn_university_logo.jpg

Move The Chains
10-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
You're right. And it's an impressive win, especially in Baton Rouge, so there's no reason to move them down. But the best team doesn't always own the best ranking, and VaTech's a much better team than LSU. Follow the trail for a second.

-------------------------------------
Georgia has looked shaky at best this year. They lost that season opener at Okie State to a Cowboy team that, to put it nicely, had an off-night. Then the Dawgs turn it around and string a couple of real nice wins together (vs. South Carolina and @ Arkansas) before scraping by less-than-impressive Arizona State, losing at home to LSU, and getting blown out today by 3-3 Tennessee.

Sure, Washington beat USC. But the Huskies have looked more like an abberation whose success hinges almost exclusively on Jake Locker's consistency rather than a first- or second-, or even a fourth-tier bowl team. Losses to Stanford and Notre Dame were tough, but so was that narrow win over Arizona today.

These guys, along with Miss St, are LSU's signature wins. While all are no doubt solid teams and should be in the bowl picture, the tight games against all of them don't make LSU seem like the fourth-best team in the country. Top-20 sure. But 40 is stretching it IMO.

-------------------------------------------
A rejuvinated Nebraska team has taken firm control of the Big XII North with today's win over previously-unbeaten and 24th-ranked Mizzou. The Huskers have looked good all season, and are probably the third-best team in the Big XII.

Miami? Well, we know what Randy Shannon's done in Miami. Huge wins over Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Oklahoma.

These guys are VaTech's signature wins. And the Hokies didn't just win that game against the 'Canes, they dominated it.

-----------------------------------------
There are two reasons I bring this up. First, I believe that VaTech is a step up from LSU. Second, LSU is Florida's signature win, and VaTech is 'Bama's signature win.

Sure, the Gators dealt with the Baton Rouge crowd while 'Bama got a neutral field. But while the Gators struggled a bit with LSU, 'Bama controlled the entire game against the Hokies.

On top of that, Bama also controlled games against surprisingly-good Arkansas and Ole Miss.

Florida's only real tests so far were Tennessee and LSU. And they just haven't looked as sharp as 'Bama.

I'm not saying that I'd bet against Tebow and not saying that 'Bama's significantly better, just that I think they're a small step above UF. And believe me when I say that it pains me to say that...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ukXaQsWTJrI/SPtWxVZs18I/AAAAAAAACno/fkIs--65BMY/s200/auburn_university_logo.jpg I agree with what you're saying, but anytime you beat the number 4 team in the country.... you shouldn't move down..... regardless of whether they were worthy of being #4.

big daddy russ
10-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
I agree with what you're saying, but anytime you beat the number 4 team in the country.... you shouldn't move down..... regardless of whether they were worthy of being #4.
I can definitely see your argument there, and luckily for us it'll sort itself out one way or another since they both play in the same conference.