PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie

Gsquared
10-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Wow, unstoppable running behind the strong side. So far from the teams ive seen this year, I gotta say, an Abilene Wylie/Gilmer game would be one for the ages!!!!!! Sayin my prayers to see it!

blowfish
10-10-2009, 02:30 PM
I cant wait to see how we match up against Graham's huge lineman.

Gsquared
10-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
I cant wait to see how we match up against Graham's huge lineman.
I saw Graham against Bridgeport last week and Wylie against Brownwood last night. You guys will MANHANDLE Graham upfront. Wont be close. I would be suprised if Wylie didnt win this game by three touchdowns.

blowfish
10-10-2009, 02:38 PM
I havent paid much attention to them but I saw some highlights last night and their kids looked huge. That is nothing new for us though, I think Canyon's line was actually college lineman but we didnt have much trouble with them either.

I think the stars are aligned for us this year. That and it hasnt hurt that our kids of played in two consecutive state semi final games. I think that gives then a little edge mentally.

Rocket
10-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Wylie will manhandle the rest of the state. Graham won't even slow Wylie down. I don't see any team being better than Wylie. A good spread QB might really give Wylie a few problems, but Wylie won't be stopped on offense.

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Wylie will manhandle the rest of the state. Graham won't even slow Wylie down. I don't see any team being better than Wylie. A good spread QB might really give Wylie a fe:w problems, but Wylie won't be stopped on offense. :D :D oh yee of little faith

Move The Chains
10-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Wylie will manhandle the rest of the state. Graham won't even slow Wylie down. I don't see any team being better than Wylie. A good spread QB might really give Wylie a few problems, but Wylie won't be stopped on offense. Obviously you haven't seen Gilmer play.

RedWhiteBlue
10-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Still not counting anybody out.... as ANYBODY can tell (even you, Rocket) anything can happen at anytime.
GO STEERS GO!!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

Rocket
10-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Still not counting anybody out.... as ANYBODY can tell (even you, Rocket) anything can happen at anytime.
GO STEERS GO!!!:cheerl: :cheerl:

You'll see soon enough.

Rocket
10-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Obviously you haven't seen Gilmer play.

Obviously. :rolleyes: Have you seen Wylie play?

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Obviously. :rolleyes: Have you seen Wylie play? you should really exit your coccoon known as Brownwood football and get out and see some other teams play. You have watched the wood for so long you have forgotten what good football is. i know what wylie is all about. i have seen them play and have a tremendous amount of respect for a great program. at this moment the wood is not a great program...............you are a program filled with mediocrity that has a fan base that lives in the past. there are a minimum of 20 teams that would spank the wood each and every week. and they are located from east to west and north to south. you should get out of town and catch a few games................then you might remember where you are trying to get, because you are certainly not there right now.

DU_stud04
10-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
you should really exit your coccoon known as Brownwood football and get out and see some other teams play. You have watched the wood for so long you have forgotten what good football is. believe me, he saw it last night.

pirate4state
10-10-2009, 04:33 PM
you should really exit your coccoon known as Brownwood football and get out and see some other teams play. You have watched the wood for so long you have forgotten what good football is. i know what wylie is all about. i have seen them play and have a tremendous amount of respect for a great program. at this moment the wood is not a great program...............you are a program filled with mediocrity that has a fan base that lives in the past. there are a minimum of 20 teams that would spank the wood each and every week. and they are located from east to west and north to south. you should get out of town and catch a few games................then you might remember where you are trying to get, because you are certainly not there right now.

that right there is a bitch slap. lol. get 'em aussie.

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
that right is a bitch slap. lol. get 'em aussie. rocket is in a fantasy world:rolleyes:

Move The Chains
10-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Obviously. :rolleyes: Have you seen Wylie play? Honestly, no I haven't, but I HAVE seen Gilmer play and I know for a fact that Wylie will not "manhandle" them.

Gilmer may be the only other team in 3A capable of being competive with Wylie over and over again, but you need to realize there are other good teams besides Wylie, and to a lesser extent, your beloved Lions.

Rustler
10-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I saw Graham against Bridgeport last week and Wylie against Brownwood last night. You guys will MANHANDLE Graham upfront. Wont be close. I would be suprised if Wylie didnt win this game by three touchdowns. :eek: :eek: This will be a game to throw all stats out the window. Game is Graham? :thinking:

blowfish
10-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I would love to see a rematch of the State Semi Final game between us and Gilmer. That was such a good game. It was also a heartbreaking game for me. Unfortunately the biggest memory for me was my son kneeling in the end zone in tears knowing he had played his heart out in his last high school footbal game. Never forget when two or three of Gilmer's players that went against him, along with thier family came over to stand him up and congradulate him for a great game. Classy kids and classy parents.

Good luck to Gilmer and hope to see you down the road!

RedWhiteBlue
10-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Rustler
:eek: :eek: This will be a game to throw all stats out the window. Game is Graham? :thinking:

Did you mean 'in' Graham? Yes, it is...:)

LE Dad
10-10-2009, 10:03 PM
:D :D oh yee of little faith More like oh yee of little playoff experience :thinking: :thinking:

garciap77
10-10-2009, 10:06 PM

You Meanie! :D

;)

LE Dad
10-10-2009, 10:10 PM
you should really exit your coccoon known as Brownwood football and get out and see some other teams play. You have watched the wood for so long you have forgotten what good football is. i know what wylie is all about. i have seen them play and have a tremendous amount of respect for a great program. at this moment the wood is not a great program...............you are a program filled with mediocrity that has a fan base that lives in the past. there are a minimum of 20 teams that would spank the wood each and every week. and they are located from east to west and north to south. you should get out of town and catch a few games................then you might remember where you are trying to get, because you are certainly not there right now. :evillol: :evillol:

:thumbsup:

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
You Meanie! :D

;) i don't think he has seen it yet. maybe i'll send it to him in a pm:D

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 10:12 PM
maybe he will take it as an invite to come see somebody else play!!!

VWG
10-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Wylie won't have a problem with Graham's line. Playing Canyon and Frenship, etc... they should be able to control the lines on both side of the ball.

grmfan93
10-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I saw Graham against Bridgeport last week and Wylie against Brownwood last night. You guys will MANHANDLE Graham upfront. Wont be close. I would be suprised if Wylie didnt win this game by three touchdowns.

I think you will be surprised...like RWB said...don't count anyone out

grmfan93
10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
jusy kidding...she didn't say that...i misread the post..haha

Blue42
10-11-2009, 10:51 AM
you should really exit your coccoon known as Brownwood football and get out and see some other teams play. You have watched the wood for so long you have forgotten what good football is. i know what wylie is all about. i have seen them play and have a tremendous amount of respect for a great program. at this moment the wood is not a great program...............you are a program filled with mediocrity that has a fan base that lives in the past. there are a minimum of 20 teams that would spank the wood each and every week. and they are located from east to west and north to south. you should get out of town and catch a few games................then you might remember where you are trying to get, because you are certainly not there right now.
Rocket is not an accredited High School football annalist, nor does he hold an advanced degree in any of the football sciences. He is simple an enthusiastic young man with a sixth-grade education and an abiding love for the Brownwood Lions.

garciap77
10-11-2009, 10:52 AM
It's been hard for Wylie to beat Graham @ their home! So, I would not count them out. In fact, I would not count anyone one out in our district. Right now, I'm sure the Bulldogs are only thinking about Snyder and nothing else! One game at a time; respect the opponent no matter what their record.

Eagle 1
10-11-2009, 11:08 AM
AW will win it all this year.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
AW will win it all this year. well hell, lets get out the basketballs and give them the trophy:D

garciap77
10-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
AW will win it all this year.

One game at a time!

slingshot
10-11-2009, 02:16 PM
It's been hard for Wylie to beat Graham @ their home! So, I would not count them out. In fact, I would not count anyone one out in our district. Right now, I'm sure the Bulldogs are only thinking about Snyder and nothing else! One game at a time; respect the opponent no matter what their record. Exactly right! Well said Garcia. They have beat us there the last two trips when we had very good teams and were favored to win. McCoy seems to get his troops up for us and they play very well at home against Wylie. This will be a very good game and they are a dangerous team... but we have this little matter of playing another dangerous team that really doesn't like us much at there place where we have trouble winning this coming Friday first--Snyder. ONE GAME AT A TIME.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 02:17 PM
it's not that easy.............this has to stay on front page until Rocket sees my invitation:D

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 02:26 PM
well hell, lets get out the basketballs and give them the trophy:D :ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Inmateboss
10-11-2009, 03:15 PM
:1omg!: That is AWESOME !!!!!

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 03:59 PM
here it comes:D

michaelp23
10-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

No one from Wylie is saying that. Let everyone else talk, Sandifer will keep his guys focused on the next opponent. State is a looooong way away.

Rocket
10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Wait, you guys don't know anything about me. Yeah, you see my shtick, but I am much more grounded than that. I also know there are alot of good football teams out there. I have also seen teams go from mediocre to awesome from week 1 in the playoffs to week 4. I give respect when it's due. Gilmer will have to beat Wylie before I believe they are that good. Sorry, that just comes from seeing Wylie play.

You guys care way too much about my opinion. It's all good. I will always believe in Brownwood. Even now, I believe they will make a deep run in the playoffs.

Last year's Wylie team was good, and they made it to the semi's in D1. This year's Wylie team is head and shoulders above last year's team and sue me for believing they will win 2 more games this year.

Snydertigersrul
10-11-2009, 04:08 PM
Wait, you guys don't know anything about me. Yeah, you see my shtick, but I am much more grounded than that. I also know there are alot of good football teams out there. I have also seen teams go from mediocre to awesome from week 1 in the playoffs to week 4. I give respect when it's due. Gilmer will have to beat Wylie before I believe they are that good. Sorry, that just comes from seeing Wylie play.

You guys care way too much about my opinion. It's all good. I will always believe in Brownwood. Even now, I believe they will make a deep run in the playoffs.

Last year's Wylie team was good, and they made it to the semi's in D1. This year's Wylie team is head and shoulders above last year's team and sue me for believing they will win 2 more games this year.

HOW DID THAT CROW TASTE?

DU_stud04
10-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
HOW DID THAT CROW TASTE? who shook your garbage can? i thought you were in hiding, again. didn't snyder just lose again? i still cant find the download from the first time you left, you must have hidden it well... probably the same place where you go when things turn bad.

WTF-82
10-11-2009, 04:15 PM
It will not happen cause Wylie will go to the Div 1 brackett and Monahans will go to Div 2 side but man this would be a game.

They scrimmaged each other on the second scrimmage earlier this season. Monahans outscored them 2-1 but one was the second team scoring over wylie 2's. Then they played each other for 2 Quaters 0-0 tie with the Loboes driving with the ball last till time ran out. Quincy Titus did not play in this one he was still injured. 2 really great teams playing really well.

Rocket
10-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
It will not happen cause Wylie will go to the Div 1 brackett and Monahans will go to Div 2 side but man this would be a game.

They scrimmaged each other on the second scrimmage earlier this season. Monahans outscored them 2-1 but one was the second team scoring over wylie 2's. Then they played each other for 2 Quaters 0-0 tie with the Loboes driving with the ball last till time ran out. Quincy Titus did not play in this one he was still injured. 2 really great teams playing really well.

Sorry man...people on this board do not let you use scrimmages as admissible proof. I agree that scrimmages can hold some water, but usually they laugh at that.

WTF-82
10-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Well this game will not happen anyways. As long as my Loboes keep working to get better each week that is what really matters to me. Go Loboes !

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I am just treating the board like the board treats Brownwood. Once a team earns my respect, they have it. Until then, I will treat them with none.

I have lots of respect for tradition. And the wood has lots of tradition...............but they aren't the only ones that do...........what have you done for me lately. Brownwood has not competed since joining 3A.............and that is a fact.

Rocket
10-11-2009, 04:38 PM
I am just treating the board like the board treats Brownwood. Once a team earns my respect, they have it. Until then, I will treat them with none.

I have lots of respect for tradition. And the wood has lots of tradition...............but they aren't the only ones that do...........what have you done for me lately. Brownwood has not competed since joining 3A.............and that is a fact.

Injuries are stalling our return to the elite. Brownwood is young this year. Hopefully, we get it going from here on out and make a run.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Injuries are stalling our return to the elite. Brownwood is young this year. Hopefully, we get it going from here on out and make a run. yada yada yada...............same story different year..............get it done and i will shutup. just like last year, Brownwood is irrelevant.

Rocket
10-11-2009, 06:24 PM
yada yada yada...............same story different year..............get it done and i will shutup. just like last year, Brownwood is irrelevant.

That's fine. Shut up and don't even address me and I will do the same for you and Gilmer. I don't remember pulling your chain in the first place. I could really careless about Gilmer and don't care to even see them play.

Once again, I believe I am one of the only ones on the board that can't have an opinion. LOL or post it.

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
That's fine. Shut up and don't even address me and I will do the same for you and Gilmer. I don't remember pulling your chain in the first place. I could really careless about Gilmer and don't care to even see them play.

Once again, I believe I am one of the only ones on the board that can't have an opinion. LOL or post it. i had it typed but i'm a better person than that............and i already said i would behave:D Rocket, I love your passion for Lion football, and I hope you respect my passion for not only Buckeye football but Texas high school football in general. peace

garciap77
10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
A Brownwood vs Gilmer match up!:thinking:
It could happen!:thinking:

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 07:36 PM
A Brownwood vs Gilmer match up!:thinking:
It could happen!:thinking: There are a lot of possibilities?? :D

:devil:

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 07:40 PM
yes there are.........but LE being in the finals is not one of them!!!

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 07:50 PM
yes there are.........but LE being in the finals is not one of them!!! Like our chances of making it a little ways never know how far. I have seen a lot of 10 -0 and 13 - 0 teams go home while LE is still playing :thinking: :thinking:

:rolleyes: :D

garciap77
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
If Gilmer vs LE happens, will there be a shirt challenge between LE_Dad and lostaussie?:D

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 08:09 PM
If Gilmer vs LE happens, will there be a shirt challenge between LE_Dad and lostaussie?:D they will not make it past Wylie although they could very well make the semi's

garciap77
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
they will not make it past Wylie although they could very well make the semi's

So, they are DIV I?

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 08:14 PM
yes, largest school in their district

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
If Gilmer vs LE happens, will there be a shirt challenge between LE_Dad and lostaussie?:D That would be cool !! What would me and you do for the semis?? :D

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 08:19 PM
So, they are DIV I? LOL ! :clap: :clap:

:D

garciap77
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Is Gilmer Div I this year?

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 08:22 PM
GP, LE almost played ya'll in 06 but we had to play Canyon instead.... Still gotta get out of Region 2 first. :D

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Is Gilmer Div I this year? that depends not on Gilmer, but probably a game between insignificant Tatum vs. Chapel Hill

garciap77
10-11-2009, 08:30 PM
GP, LE almost played ya'll in 06 but we had to play Canyon instead.... Still gotta get out of Region 2 first. :D

Yeah! One game at a time! Cannot over look anyone! That's probably why I have not really paid much attention past our district. Right now our focus is Snyder! They have spanked us a couple of times, when everyone thought they did not have a chance. Black Magic has been very quite lately, I sure they have something up their sleeves.:D

garciap77
10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
that depends not on Gilmer, but probably a game between insignificant Tatum vs. Chapel Hill

That does not sound right (insignificant Tatum) weren't they a power house at one time?

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
That does not sound right (insignificant Tatum) weren't they a power house at one time? great coaching staff that will be back next year when they go back to 2a. this year one and done............if they make it.

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah! One game at a time! Cannot over look anyone! That's probably why I have not really paid much attention past our district. Right now our focus is Snyder! They have spanked us a couple of times, when everyone thought they did not have a chance. Black Magic has been very quite lately, I sure they have something up their sleeves.:D We just dispatched our biggest obstacle Friday night but still have a couple left that could trip us up. PG should win out and give us extra breathing room. I hope the team continues to play like they did Friday then it won't matter.:D

lostaussie
10-11-2009, 08:50 PM
We just dispatched our biggest obstacle Friday night but still have a couple left that could trip us up. PG should win out and give us extra breathing room. I hope the team continues to play like they did Friday then it won't matter.:D what about pitt? i really don't know much about them even though i'm only 12 miles away. can they give you a game and can they make the playoffs?

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 09:24 PM
what about pitt? i really don't know much about them even though i'm only 12 miles away. can they give you a game and can they make the playoffs? Pitt beat Atlanta pretty soundly. They appear to be pretty balanced. We play at their place which is a worry but I think the kids are playing with a lot of confidence. We will see in 2 weeks. :cool: I think LE, PG, and ?? make it. New Boston and Pitt play Friday and that could decide 3rd place??

garciap77
10-11-2009, 09:31 PM
LE_Dad! I almost forgot! Rocket sends you hugs and kiss! Don't ask me what that means! And I don't want to know what thats all about:D

;)

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 09:44 PM
LE_Dad! I almost forgot! Rocket sends you hugs and kiss! Don't ask me what that means! And I don't want to know what thats all about:D

;) :thinking: Man crush, I'm sure :doh: LE Dad is Rockets hero ya know. :rolleyes:

:D

garciap77
10-11-2009, 09:46 PM
That would be cool !! What would me and you do for the semis?? :D

:thinking:

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 09:55 PM
:thinking: :clap: :clap: LOL! :D

garciap77
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
:clap: :clap: LOL! :D

Hey! Let's see if we both get there and then we can decide!:D

LE Dad
10-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey! Let's see if we both get there and then we can decide!:D :thumbsup:

orange machine
10-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Wylie will manhandle the rest of the state. Graham won't even slow Wylie down. I don't see any team being better than Wylie. A good spread QB might really give Wylie a few problems, but Wylie won't be stopped on offense.

Wylie seems to be very good and i would love to see them win the d1 title, but i dont think anybody is gonna be able to beat Gilmer this year. They have one of those teams that are loaded everywhere.

garciap77
10-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Wylie seems to be very good and i would love to see them win the d1 title, but i dont think anybody is gonna be able to beat Gilmer this year. They have one of those teams that are loaded everywhere.

Sounds like the team we played several years ago. I think they had several DIV I players on that team.

orange machine
10-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Sounds like the team we played several years ago. I think they had several DIV I players on that team.

Hey im pulling for yall to win i hope yall do meet Gilmer and win.

garciap77
10-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Hey im pulling for yall to win i hope yall do meet Gilmer and win.

Thanks! When we played the first time, I did not think we were going to be able to hang with them, but we did pretty well even though we lost. It's a long road ahead with some stiff competition, so only time will tell!

Gsquared
10-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Dang, this thread grew:)

BwdLions
10-12-2009, 08:26 AM
This is my first chance to post since the game Friday. I have to say this is one of the best all-around high school football teams I've seen play in quite a while. Congrats on the win Friday and good luck the rest of the way. IMO, you will win state in 2009. ;)

garciap77
10-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
This is my first chance to post since the game Friday. I have to say this is one of the best all-around high school football teams I've seen play in quite a while. Congrats on the win Friday and good luck the rest of the way. IMO, you will win state in 2009. ;)

;)

injuredinmelee
10-12-2009, 02:02 PM
would love to see a Wylie/Gilmer final. What a class program they have.

RattlerDude
10-12-2009, 02:03 PM
What type of offenses do Gilmer and Wylie run?

Move The Chains
10-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
What type of offenses do Gilmer and Wylie run? I don't know about Wylie, but Gilmer runs the spread and they run it well!