PDA

View Full Version : Sinton (6-0; 3-0) @ Robstown (4-2; 3-0)

Pages : [1] 2

pirate4state
10-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Once again, Sinton travels into hostile territory to protect their unblemished record.

I don't know how many more close calls our fans can take, but if they all result in a "W", then we'll learn to adjust! :D

Robstown defense is holding their opponents to 24 ppg, but their offense is only averaging 26.6 ppg.

If Sinton's defense would play like they did in the 4th qtr against Mathis for 4 complete qtrs, we'd be dangerous! :eek:

And I say that, but looking at the caller stats (always tricky) they are only giving up 198 ypg. :thinking: And only giving up 18.6 ppg.

When our offense is clicking, we can hang & beat anyone, last night's 4th qtr comeback proved that.

Not ready to make a prediction, but at this point, I'm not betting against our boys!

GO PIRATES!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2009, 12:10 PM
GO Pirates!! Beat the Cottonpickers! :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Sinton is 16-1 in their last 17 games :thinking: or 17-1?

Win just win!

sinton66
10-10-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm a little bit firmer predicter after last night. No score prediction, but Sinton wins.

PhiI C
10-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Another tight one. We have to remember that Robstown is a good team with a perfect record in district. Sinton will win 28 to 26 in a close one. Also remember the game is in Robstown. That increases the risk.

sinton66
10-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

Win just win!

11-1 last year + 6 so far= 17-1

Frontline Force
10-10-2009, 05:05 PM
looks to be close but i say sinton +7 ...........sinton improves to 4-0 in district play

CueroGobblers
10-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Sinton wins 3-2

sinton66
10-10-2009, 06:14 PM
LoL, you're just being silly now.;)

44INAROW
10-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
Sinton wins 3-2

Tony - you sure we can't break the "name change" rule - just this one time? :D :D

oh yea - Pirates by 10

CueroGobblers
10-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Tony - you sure we can't break the "name change" rule - just this one time? :D :D

oh yea - Pirates by 10

It really bothers you huh 44!!! Dude dont sweat the small stuff!! It sounds like your just a PUNK! LOL!! If this gets to you I bet you get p.o. really quick. Stuff like this makes me LMAO!!! 44 you have a problem!:thinking:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2009, 10:03 PM
It really bothers you huh 44!!! Dude dont sweat the small stuff!! It sounds like your just a PUNK! LOL!! If this gets to you I bet you get p.o. really quick. Stuff like this makes me LMAO!!! 44 you have a problem!:thinking: 44 is not a dude or punk, if you would be here for some part of the seasons you would know its a lady, but you only here for a while and thats when Mathis wins a few games then your gone as soon as Mathis is out of a playoff race and back again win Sinton might lose a game. Win or lose the majority here follow the outcomes of the playoffs.

CueroGobblers
10-10-2009, 10:09 PM
I dont have to be on here to support them. The thing is my screenname and it bothers a few folks on here. Its stupid if you ask me. LMAO

44INAROW
10-10-2009, 10:10 PM
It really bothers you huh 44!!! Dude dont sweat the small stuff!! It sounds like your just a PUNK! LOL!! If this gets to you I bet you get p.o. really quick. Stuff like this makes me LMAO!!! 44 you have a problem!:thinking:

I was laughing at the 3-2 prediction.. learn how to take a joke for heaven's sake :rolleyes:

CueroGobblers
10-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey sweetie! Te quiero!! lets see if you take this joke.LOL

pirate4state
10-11-2009, 11:59 AM
I wish we had some Robstown posters. :(

Robstown @ Rio Hondo 24-20 W
Robstown @ Rockport (3-3; 0-2) 21-24 L
Ray (3-4; 2-1) @ Robstown 8-43 L
Robstown @ West Oso 40-34 W
Orange Grove @ Robstown 35-14 W
Robstown @ Aransas Pass 32-9 W

Another tough week for the Pirates. On paper, Robstown is more balanced offensively than we are. 1588 total yards: 941 rushing/647 passing. Defensively they are giving up 1232 yards on the ground. :eek: I'm not sure if those stats are through 5 or 6 games.

Numbers could play a factor late in the game as we have several players playing both ways.

Can't afford to get in the hole against a team as balanced as Robstown.

pirate4state
10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
:D

DaHop72
10-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I wish we had some Robstown posters. :(

Robstown @ Rio Hondo 24-20 W
Robstown @ Rockport (3-3; 0-2) 21-24 L
Ray (3-4; 2-1) @ Robstown 8-43 L
Robstown @ West Oso 40-34 W
Orange Grove @ Robstown 35-14 W
Robstown @ Aransas Pass 32-9 W

Another tough week for the Pirates. On paper, Robstown is more balanced offensively than we are. 1588 total yards: 941 rushing/647 passing. Defensively they are giving up 1232 yards on the ground. :eek: I'm not sure if those stats are through 5 or 6 games.

Numbers could play a factor late in the game as we have several players playing both ways.

Can't afford to get in the hole against a team as balanced as Robstown. Go Cottonpickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--:D shipwreck the Pirates.

Does that work p4s????

DaHop72
10-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Come on, where are all the Pirates hiding??? Got the scurvy perphaps??:eek: :eek:

SHSBulldog00
10-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Pirates by 21.

pirate4state
10-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Come on, where are all the Pirates hiding??? Got the scurvy perphaps??:eek: :eek: I've been busy today! :eek: I don't know what everyone else is doing?!

DaHop72
10-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Pirates by 21. Cottonpicking Cottonpickers by 10.:D :D

pirate4state
10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Cottonpicking Cottonpickers by 10.:D :D It could happen.

DaHop72
10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
It could happen. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sinton legacy77
10-12-2009, 05:25 PM

Win just win!

its 17-1 in the last 18 :)

sinton legacy77
10-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Sinton and Robstown clash this week for another big battle of the undefeateds in 31-3A

The exact same situation went down last year and does anyone remember what happened? ha, SINTON CAME OUT AND PROVED THEIR DOMINANCE OVER THE NEW GUYS that were on such a roll...The pirates will still be running off the adrenaline of last weeks amazing comeback win, im predicting the a repeat of last year and that SINTON STAYS ON TOP OF THE DISTRICT WHERE THEY BELONG!

Prediction:

SINTON 42
pickers 14

sinton legacy77
10-12-2009, 05:38 PM
oh and here is the article from last year, just to bring back some memories ;)

SINTON — The new kids on the District 31-3A block were taught a lesson by the old warhorses Friday night: Big games require big performances.

Sinton High School muscled its way past Robstown 34-16, remaining unbeaten for the season and atop the 31-3A leaderboard at 4-0. After a hiccup season last year, the 6-0 Pirates again declared that the road to the district title goes through Sinton, although Pirates coach Tom Allen advised all to be wary of the surging Cotton Pickers.

"No doubt about it. The one thing, they are a very improved football team from last year," Allen said. "We played them last year and it was our only win. We were 1-9. We were in the same boat they were. They won more football games than we did last year. They were 2-8.

"But them dropping down to 3A it helps their confidence. Their kids fight real hard. This team could be a playoff team, who knows?," Allen said. "They're up on a bunch of people right now. They played real well. We'll just have to see how it goes the rest of the year."

It mostly went in Sinton's direction on this night. Richard Orta ran for three touchdowns and Roy Perez picked up the slack in the second half with two TDs after Orta injured his right shoulder. The Cotton Pickers, who fell into a three-way tie with Ingleside and West Oso at 3-1 for second place in 31-3A, couldn't overcome penalties, overthrown passes and Sinton's first-half passing game and second-half rush attack.

"We played hard, but we made a lot of mistakes. All the credit goes to them. They came out and took it to us," said coach Doug Wood, whose 3-4 Cotton Pickers had their three-game win streak snapped. "We missed too many critical plays, busted assignments on offense and defense, and it showed in the first half when we got down.

"In the second half, it started good. We got the onside kick deal, but we couldn't move it. They took advantage," Wood said. "That was the ballgame after that. It was just one of those nights. They're a good football team. There's a reason they're undefeated."

Robstown's Marty Gutierrez caught the second-half pooch kickoff to give the Cotton Pickers the ball at the Sinton 43. But the Cotton Pickers went nowhere on three plays and Joe Mungia's fourth-down pass from punt formation was intercepted by Ram Sanchez and returned 20 yards to Sinton's 45. Nine plays later, Carson Cave and Perez hooked up on a 12-yard scoring play to increase Sinton's lead to 27-10.

The Cotton Pickers weren't able to muster any offense until late against Sinton's No. 2 defense, with Randy Flores scoring on a 5-yard run with 3 minutes, 59 seconds remaining. Before that, Perez scored his second TD on a 2-yard run.

"I felt we matched up well but I don't think we played our best tonight, I know we didn't," Wood said. "We just made too many mistakes and that's what we said going in. The team that makes the fewest mistakes is going to win this game and that's what happened."

Orta totaled 39 yards on 12 carries and Perez ran for 89 on eight carries, all in the second half. Josh Harrison threw for 119, 103 coming in the opening 24 minutes.

sinton legacy77
10-12-2009, 05:42 PM
oh and vote for ryan cantu and shane segovia for defensive and offensive player of the week!

http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/12/monday-morning-qb-week-6-polls/

Ingleside Fan
10-15-2009, 08:09 AM
The Pirates are definitely going to win now!:D Caller Times predicted Robstown to win!:D

I thought it was just us Ingleside Fans that did this.:rolleyes:

http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/15/fearless-forecast-week-7/

pirate4state
10-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
:confused: Did what?

Ingleside Fan
10-15-2009, 09:25 AM
:confused: Did what?

go against Sinton!:) At least we get blamed for it!:p

I was suprise by this. Very few times does the Caller Times ever go against Sinton.;)

pirate4state
10-15-2009, 09:27 AM
go against Sinton! Uh, not hardly!

Everyone likes seeing us lose. Our 1-9 season in 2007 made a lot of people giddy.

People in this area should know, we never stay down long!

Ingleside Fan
10-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Uh, not hardly!

Everyone likes seeing us lose.

Not the Caller Times or the Friday Night Blitz! (KIITV)

pirate4state
10-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Not the Caller Times or the Friday Night Blitz! (KIITV) OH. You're talking about the media. Yeah, those guys love us. Back when Art Mack was the sports guy, he used to love to hate us.

Roland Rodriguez loves us. Channel 3 hardly ever comes out to Sinton. It's usually Channel 6 & 10.

Most of the Caller Time guys like us too. :D

Ingleside Fan
10-15-2009, 09:37 AM
OH. You're talking about the media. Yeah, those guys love us. Back when Art Mack was the sports guy, he used to love to hate us.

Roland Rodriguez loves us. Channel 3 hardly ever comes out to Sinton. It's usually Channel 6 & 10.

Most of the Caller Time guys like us too. :D

Yep you guys and GP are the golden children from San Pat!:D

pirate4state
10-15-2009, 10:06 AM
Yep you guys and GP are the golden children from San Pat!:D

It's cause WE (SINTON) know how to party! :D

Phil C
10-15-2009, 11:14 AM
The Pirates are definitely going to win now!:D Caller Times predicted Robstown to win!:D

http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/15/fearless-forecast-week-7/

We're DOOOOMMMEEEDDD!! :(

SintonFan_inAustin
10-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
We're DOOOOMMMEEEDDD!! :( :)

Sinton picks apart the Cotton Pickers :cool:

Ingleside Fan
10-15-2009, 01:14 PM

Yes ya'll do!!:2thumbsup :iagree:

sinton legacy77
10-15-2009, 01:33 PM
:)

Sinton picks apart the Cotton Pickers :cool:

:iagree: we're gonna smash them!

Ingleside Fan
10-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by sinton legacy77
:iagree: we're gonna smash them!

I think the Cotton Pickers will put a little fight!:)

maroonpirate04
10-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Go Pirates, now that our ship is stocked with Tigers, Longhorns, Panthers, Bulldogs and did battle with the Trojans, also managed to capture another Pirate ship seized its treasure time to capture slaves to do some cottonpickin':D the battle is just beginning;)

FIRE UP THE CANNONS!!!

Ingleside Fan
10-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
Go Pirates, now that our ship is stocked with Tigers, Longhorns, Panthers, Bulldogs and did battle with the Trojans, also managed to capture another Pirate ship seized its treasure time to capture slaves to do some cottonpickin':D the battle is just beginning;)

FIRE UP THE CANNONS!!!

What a Poet!:clap:

BaTmAn24
10-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Sinton by 10

pirate4state
10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Our undefeated freshman team play today at 5:30 pm against undefeated Robstown. None of the remaining teams in our district have freshman teams :( so this is for the Freshman district title! GO PIRATES!!

SintonFan
10-15-2009, 04:16 PM
The more I think about this game the positive I think the outcome it will be for the Pirates.
They played lights out the last 1/3 of the game last week. If they play with that kind of intensity...
Watch Out!:eek:

Sinton by 10.

Go Pirates!!!:clap:

PhiI C
10-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Our undefeated freshman team play today at 5:30 pm against undefeated Robstown. None of the remaining teams in our district have freshman teams :( so this is for the Freshman district title! GO PIRATES!!

Any final results yet P4S? The last I heard we were winning 8 - 0.

pirate4state
10-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Any final results yet P4S? The last I heard we were winning 8 - 0. that was the final. great game by both teams.

jv was losing 0-8 in the 2nd qtr

PhiI C
10-15-2009, 09:35 PM
JVs tied with Robstown 12 - 12. Sinton scored on a long pass td with 54 seconds to tie it but didn't make the extra points. Robstown almost broke away in the last ten seconds to win.

CueroGobblers
10-15-2009, 10:12 PM

Yeah sinton knows how to party I remember when I was out of high school and seeing some of the high school students at partys drinking and it wasnt gatorade.LOL

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 07:16 AM
Yeah sinton knows how to party I remember when I was out of high school and seeing some of the high school students at partys drinking and it wasnt gatorade.LOL

interesting.... do you STILL party with high school students? i had a flashback to "Dazed and Confused"

:D

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah sinton knows how to party I remember when I was out of high school and seeing some of the high school students at partys drinking and it wasnt gatorade.LOL I'm sure you waited until you were of legal age to drink? Besides, I was referring to the adults. Surely you aren't suggesting that the media drinks with our students? LMAO. You really ARE from Mathis! :doh:

Ingleside Fan
10-16-2009, 09:00 AM
You really ARE from Mathis! :doh:

:fnypost:

Now that is funny right there! I don't care who you are.

Forgive me Lord and be with all the starving pygmies down there in New Guinea, Amen!:)

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 10:24 AM
SINTON (3-0, 6-0) AT ROBSTOWN (3-0, 4-2)

Last Week: Sinton 33, Mathis 28; Robstown 32, Aransas Pass 9

Next Week: Falfurrias at Sinton; Robstown at Mathis

The Scoop: Sinton QB Josh Harrison connected with WR Shane Segovia on three TD strikes last week, including two in a 23-point fourth quarter by the Pirates. Robstown signal callers Joe Mungia and Randy Flores were on the attack again last week. Mungia rushed for 114 yards and a TD, while Flores finished with 54 yards and three scores. They combined to pass for 79 yards.

LINK (http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/15/hsfootballcapstxt/)

SINTON AT ROBSTOWN

Sinton coach Tom Allen is still amazed at how the Pirates were able to rally from a 25-point deficit for a 33-28 victory over Mathis last week. Allen hopes the team doesn’t find itself in a similar situation against Robstown.

“They can really get after you,” Allen said of the Cotton Pickers. “We have to find a way to do some good things, and not just in the fourth quarter. That was a one-time thing last Friday.”

Sinton and Robstown are both 3-0 and tied for first place in District 31-3A. The standings will change Friday night. After last week, the objective for the Pirates has been to remain focused.

“That’s one of the things you have to guard against after a big win or bad loss,” Allen said. “Sometimes they’re tough to get over. We just hope the kids show some maturity and put it behind them because we have to get ready for the next one.”

Robstown’s objective is to avoid the miscues that cost the Cotton Pickers in last year’s 34-16 loss to Sinton.

“Last year we were in the same position and I think maybe our kids were a little overwhlemed,” Robstown coach Doug Wood said. “Our offense played well enough to win, but we made some mistakes in the red zone and didn’t get the ball in. This year we’re a lot more focused and have downplayed the emoition. It’s a big ballgame, yes, but we just have to go out there and play.”

LINK (http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/15/big-tests-loom-for-playoff-hopefuls/)

LE Dad
10-16-2009, 11:16 AM
:D Good luck Sinton!!:tisk: :tisk: No more close ones :hand:

Sinton scores early, scores often :clap:

pirate4state
10-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:D Good luck Sinton!!:tisk: :tisk: No more close ones :hand:

Sinton scores early, scores often :clap: Thanks! I hope they do. I'd love it if we scored early & often! Then I could relax a little. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
SINTON (3-0, 6-0) AT ROBSTOWN (3-0, 4-2)

Last Week: Sinton 33, Mathis 28; Robstown 32, Aransas Pass 9

Next Week: Falfurrias at Sinton; Robstown at Mathis

The Scoop: Sinton QB Josh Harrison connected with WR Shane Segovia on three TD strikes last week, including two in a 23-point fourth quarter by the Pirates. Robstown signal callers Joe Mungia and Randy Flores were on the attack again last week. Mungia rushed for 114 yards and a TD, while Flores finished with 54 yards and three scores. They combined to pass for 79 yards.

LINK (http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/15/hsfootballcapstxt/)

SINTON AT ROBSTOWN

Sinton coach Tom Allen is still amazed at how the Pirates were able to rally from a 25-point deficit for a 33-28 victory over Mathis last week. Allen hopes the team doesn’t find itself in a similar situation against Robstown.

“They can really get after you,” Allen said of the Cotton Pickers. “We have to find a way to do some good things, and not just in the fourth quarter. That was a one-time thing last Friday.”

Sinton and Robstown are both 3-0 and tied for first place in District 31-3A. The standings will change Friday night. After last week, the objective for the Pirates has been to remain focused.

“That’s one of the things you have to guard against after a big win or bad loss,” Allen said. “Sometimes they’re tough to get over. We just hope the kids show some maturity and put it behind them because we have to get ready for the next one.”

Robstown’s objective is to avoid the miscues that cost the Cotton Pickers in last year’s 34-16 loss to Sinton.

“Last year we were in the same position and I think maybe our kids were a little overwhlemed,” Robstown coach Doug Wood said. “Our offense played well enough to win, but we made some mistakes in the red zone and didn’t get the ball in. This year we’re a lot more focused and have downplayed the emoition. It’s a big ballgame, yes, but we just have to go out there and play.”

LINK (http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/15/big-tests-loom-for-playoff-hopefuls/) He forgot to mention Sinton offense scored almost everytime they had the ball, sorry but that game was'nt even close as it was 34-8 late in the game but yet he feels they let one slip away lol.

sinton legacy77
10-16-2009, 06:57 PM
He forgot to mention Sinton offense scored almost everytime they had the ball, sorry but that game was'nt even close as it was 34-8 late in the game but yet he feels they let one slip away lol.

Yeah i agree! Sinton dominated that game last year and im feeling a repeat tonight

piratebg
10-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Pirates lead 7 to 0. 5:27 to go in first quarter. They used a good mix of run and pass to kill the clock on the opening drive.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Pirates lead 7 to 0. 5:27 to go in first quarter. They used a good mix of run and pass to kill the clock on the opening drive.

Thanks for the updates! Please keep them coming. Go Pirates!

sinfan75
10-16-2009, 07:51 PM
they doin this on twitter again? can't find it

piratebg
10-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Robstown fumbles the ball at the Pirate 5 and Sinton recovers. Pirates ball. :D

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Robstown fumbles the ball at the Pirate 5 and Sinton recovers. Pirates ball. :D

Go Pirates! Take it in for another td.

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 07:58 PM
yes it's on twitter and facebook. "sintonpirates" on twitter

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
yes it's on twitter and facebook. "sintonpirates" on twitter

How do you get on twitter?

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 07:59 PM
? www.twitter.com then just make a profile, like myspace or facebook.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 07:59 PM
End of 1st

Sinton 7
Robstown 0

Robstown has the ball near midfield.

sinfan75
10-16-2009, 08:00 PM
? www.twitter.com then just make a profile, like myspace or facebook. Idon't wanna do that.:D

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:02 PM
just go to twitter and type sintonpirates in the search bar.

or click here:
http://twitter.com/search?q=sintonpirates

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Idon't wanna do that.:D

ok.... i was answering PhiI C

for those who DO want to get on twitter, you can also add Caller Sports to get area scores. so there. :P

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Updates are fine here.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Robstown scores and gets the 2.

Robstown 8. Sinton 7. 9:13 to go in second quarter.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Come on Pirates! Let's move the ball and get the lead.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Harrison scrambled for a td. Going for 2.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Come on Pirates! Get those two points!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 08:16 PM
2pt try no good.

Sinton 13
Robstown 8
6:17 2nd quarter.

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 08:18 PM
now let's play some DEFENSE. HIT somebody.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Go Defense. Hold them.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Robstown is having their way with the Sinton D tonight. They score again. :mad:

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Ball was run back to the 42. Rb down to the 30, rb down to the 3, then pass to the 18?

piratebg
10-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Attempt for two is no good. Robstown 14. Sinton 13. 3:03 to go in first half.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Ball was run back to the 42. Rb down to the 30, rb down to the 3, then pass to the 18?

Oh, read it wrong. rb ran for 3 not to the 3.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Come on Pirates! Let's score before the half! But don't give anything to Robstown though.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Come on D, get fired up!

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Pirates ball at the 33.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Pass to Rivera to the R 48. Intentional grounding on next play. 2nd down and twenty. Incomplete pass.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Pass for 9 to Banda. Punting.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Come on Defense.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Fake punt no good. Robstown ball at their 42.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:34 PM
R runs into punter. Rekick. Fake. Pass to Laws and he is dropped short of first. R ball 42

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:37 PM
I wish we had went on and punted it but oh well. Come on defense! Hold them.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Pickers at the Pirate 23 with 15 seconds left in the half.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Come on Pirates! Hold them!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Pickers at the 4yd line. Going for FG.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I'll take that over a td.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Kick is good.

Robstown 17
Sinton 13

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Coach Allen better have a wake up speech in his pocket for halftime.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Coach Allen better have a wake up speech in his pocket for halftime.

It is not as bad as last week, but the Pirate defense just can't stop Robstowns offense. I hope they make some good adjustments because this is turning into a shootout.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 08:45 PM
We need to start playing good defense and our offense needs to start scoring more.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:47 PM
We'll see how we adjust for the second half. Not a terrible showing so far.

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 08:49 PM
on a happier note, it sounds like Harrison is having a good game.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Robstown kicker nail that 35 yd fg with ease. Sinton defense once again getting dominated up the middle in line of scrimmage as they seem to be playing the same defense of bend some and try and stop them with a shorter field. Sinton has open recievers all night just alot of drop balls.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 08:51 PM
SFIA, where is Shane lining up?

SintonFan
10-16-2009, 08:55 PM
We'll see how we adjust for the second half. Not a terrible showing so far.

Tony, have you tried Kelly's in Deer Park yet? I love their food.:)

GO PIRATES!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2009, 08:56 PM
SFIA, where is Shane lining up? Wr and has dropped a couple. Hoping the adjustment on defense is more of a blitzing adjustment.

SintonFan
10-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Wr and has dropped a couple. Hoping the adjustment on defense is more of a blitzing adjustment.

Is Robstown blitzing?:eek:

sinton66
10-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Tony, have you tried Kelly's in Deer Park yet? I love their food.:)

GO PIRATES!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Yes, several times.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Wr and has dropped a couple. Hoping the adjustment on defense is more of a blitzing adjustment.

Was just wondering. Last week had him on the OL in the first half. Then WR in the second.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-16-2009, 09:04 PM
yes Robstown is blitzing up the middle and has timed it right once and forced Harrison into a intentional grounding, other times they have pick up the blitz.

SintonFan
10-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes, several times.

Good food that you can eat for lunch, take home for supper and finish for breakfast the next day(they give alot of food for the price).:thumbsup:

I wish they had those in Corpus Christi or San Antonio.:)

SintonFan
10-16-2009, 09:09 PM
yes Robstown is blitzing up the middle and has timed it right once and forced Harrison into a intentional grounding, other times they have pick up the blitz.

Thanks SFiA!
Hopefully the Pirates will pick up the blitz and make Robstown pay for those.

Are we having trouble stopping their run?:(

sinton66
10-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Good food that you can eat for lunch, take home for supper and finish for breakfast the next day(they give alot of food for the price).:thumbsup:

I wish they had those in Corpus Christi or San Antonio.:)

I've seen four of them over here in this area. Yes, good food and huge portions.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Teams on field. Pirates kicking. Pirates will have wind at their back for the third quarter. Go Pirates!! Run back is to 37.

R fumbles on first play!! Pirate ball on R 37.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Pass to Banda for first down to 24.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Come on Pirates! Let's take advantage and get a td.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Pirates fumble it right back to Robstown at the 5.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Pirates fumble it right back to Robstown at the 5.

Come on Pirates! We got to take advantage of these opportunities! At least let's hold them and get the ball in good field position.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Robstown fumbles it back. Pirate ball at the 11. :D

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Pirates going for it on 4th and 8 from the 10 yd line

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Incomplete pass. R ball at the 10. :mad:

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:24 PM
We need to score here. Come on Pirates!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Man! Come on defense! Hold them.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Robstown goes backwards to the 5. 3 and out of the Pickers. Punt coming.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Let's not fumble and let's get the ball in good position.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Snap goes over punters head out of endzone for a safety and two points for Pirates.

Robstown 17
Sinton 15

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:28 PM
All right! Now let's get the ball in good field position since Robstown has to kick from the 20.

sinton66
10-16-2009, 09:30 PM
6:12 to go in 3rd quarter. Sinton ball on kick at R 47.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:31 PM
All right. Good field position. Now come on Pirate offense! Let's get a td and start some scoring.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Pirates 1st and Goal at the 8!!!

Harrison runs to the 2!!!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Come on Pirates! Get it in the end zone for 6!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Pass to Castro for TD!!!

Pirates going for 2.....

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Pass to Castro for TD!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
10-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Pass interference on attempt for two. Retry.

piratebg
2pt no good.

Sinton 21
Robstown 17
3rd

PhiI C
Let's get these 2 points Pirates!

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 09:36 PM
need to stop trying to go for 2 and just kick the extra point...this could come back to bite us!!!

piratebg
2pt no good.

Sinton 21
Robstown 17
3rd

3:34 to go in 3rd quarter

PhiI C
All right. At least we have a four point lead. Now come on defense. Let's hold them. And please cover the kickoff and don't let them get a big run back. KIck that ball!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Come on Defense! Get a stop! We need to get the ball in good field position.

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Robstown started from their own 20...running the ball right through Sinton D. at Pirate 48.

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 09:41 PM
qb up the middle for 1.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:42 PM
4th and 1 for Robstown just past midfield....

SintonPirateFan
4th and 1 after two more qb runs.

PhiI C
Come on Defense! Hold them.

piratebg
End of third quarter. Sinton Pirates 21. Robstown 17

Big 4th down for Robstown coming up

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Qb keeps up middle. Measuring.....First down.:mad:

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Ok Defense! Let's hold them this set of downs!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:46 PM
39yt TD pass for the Pickers.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Kick is good

Robstown 24
Sinton 21

10:46 to go in fourth quarter.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:47 PM
They will probably go for 2. Come on Pirates! Stop them!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Let's move it down the field and get a td Pirates! A great game by both teams.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Go Pirates! I wish Jeremy could break away for a long td run.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Pirates driving. 1 and 10 at the Picker 30.

SintonPirateFan
passes to Rivera for 16, Gaitan for 11, and Rodriguez for 23 have sinton with 1st down at the Picker 30

PhiI C
Come on Pirates! Let's get it to the end zone.

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 09:58 PM
twitter must be giving them fits again this week. no updates since 1st & 10 at the 30.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:00 PM
These lack of updates make me nervous.

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 10:01 PM
maybe it's good luck....it happened last week too!!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
maybe it's good luck....it happened last week too!!

I hope so.

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 10:02 PM
caller times just gave an update of Robstown 31 Sinton 21 so i dont know what's going on.....

sinton66
10-16-2009, 10:04 PM
May have been a pick six?

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 10:04 PM
could be.. havent gotten a play by play update in 12 minutes, just the score from caller.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:05 PM
It says a 39yd TD pass at 10:46 in the 4th, but Robstown took the lead 24-21 at 10:46.

SintonPirateFan
sinton turned it over on downs at the picker 20. they threw TD pass.

piratebg
aww crap

Three incomplete passes. Pass to Banda. Inches short of first down. Robstown ball on the 20. Twitter very slow. Robstown pass for TD

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 10:06 PM
robstown 31- sinton 21 6:04 to play

piratebg
Pirates on the move down to Robstown 20. 6:04 to go

PhiI C
We need a quick td.

SintonPirateFan
Pirates at picker 5 1st and goal

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:07 PM
We need a quick td and a big defensive stand.

SintonPirateFan
sorry at picker 15.

piratebg
15yd pass to Rivera for TD

PhiI C
Big extra point coming.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Kick is good. Pirates 28. Robstown 31. 5:08 to go in game

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:09 PM
We need a big defensive stop right away. There could be time if we do it. Come on Pirates! Keep Fighting!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Robstown starts at their 40. Come on DEFENSE!!!

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 10:11 PM
we need a fumble or pick 6.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Robstown starts at their 40. Come on DEFENSE!!!

Defense must hold. One first down and they will probably be able to run out the clock. Come on Defense! Big stand and big play!

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 10:13 PM
With a minute left, Mathis 41, West Oso 20

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:14 PM
With a minute left, Mathis 41, West Oso 20

Not that shocking to me.

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 10:14 PM
me either

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Pickers down to the Pirate 29

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:16 PM
All they have to do now is probably run out the clock. Come on Pirates. Make them fumble.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Third and 6 at the 28. Pirate timeout. 1:41 to go.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Hold them Pirates. They will probably run it. I hope we have on more time out.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Incomplete pass. 4th down!!!

Robstown timeout. 1:35 to go

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Come on Defense. Hold them. We still have a chance!!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Of course the chances are slim but we still have a shot if we can get the ball back after this fourth down.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:20 PM
Pass short of first down! 1:24 to go. Pirate ball at the 25!!!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Come on Pirates! Move that ball. Pass it good Josh. OL get soome good blocking. And receivers get open and catch the ball. No penalties. Go PIrates!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Pirates at the 50...timeout Robstown with 1:09 left.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Come on Pirates! You can do it!

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 10:23 PM
i've figured it out. someone needs to let the Pirates know they dont have to give the fans so much drama to sell tickets. a blowout will make them just as happy.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Incomplete pass. Pass to Gaitan for 4. Pirate timeout. 51 seconds to go

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Come on Pirates! Move that ball. Man now I really wish Jeremy would break a long one.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Incomplete pass. 4th down and ten. Come on Pirates!!!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Pass to Rivera down to the 20!!!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Come on Pirates! You can do it. Let's get that first down!
No matter what great effort by both teams.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Way to go Pirates! There is time. Let's get that td.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:29 PM
3rd down and 10. 21 seconds to go

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Come on Pirates. You can do it. Let's get that first down and start throwing to the endzone! There is time!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Pass to Laws to the 7!!!! Spike ball. 10 sec.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Incomplete pass. 6 sec. Third down.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Way to go Pirates! Time for two maybe three passes but to the endzone.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Incomplete pass. 1 sec. Kicking field goal. R timeout. Kick is good!! 31 to 31. Overtime!!

SintonPirateFan
10-16-2009, 10:34 PM
WOW FG good.....OVERTIME

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Whew! Ok boys! Let's win it in OT!
Way to Fight Pirates!

A great game by both teams!

99IHSMustang
wow... this one turned out to be a good one.

piratebg
These pauses in updates are gonna give me a heart attack.

IHStangFan
Good stuff!!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Robstown going first

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Pickers down to the 13.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Come on Defense. Stop them! One more time!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
3rd and 9 at the 12 for Robstown...

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Come on Defense!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Pass complete to the 1. Qb runs for TD. Kick is good. Sinton ball on 25

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Shucks! OK! Come on Offense! We got to get a td this time.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:45 PM
4th down and 6 for the Pirates at the 21....

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Come on Pirates! Get that first down! You can do it!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Pass to Laws down to the three!!!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Way to go Boys! Let's get a td.

I think if we score we might should consider going for 2. The boys are probably tired by now. But the coaches know better. But first we got to score. Come on Pirates!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Pass for TD to Galindo!!!!!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Way to fight back. Still the extra point or points are critical. Come on Pirates!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Kick is good! 38 to 38.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Way to go Pirates! Now we still get the ball and must get a td.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Pirates with the ball first.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Pass to Segovia to the 14!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Come on Pirates! We need another td!

1st and goal
Well....???? did it end tied up????

Oooopps, figured out they are playing tie breaker...

PhiI C
Way to go! Let's get this td!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Well....???? did it end tied up????

It is tied up at 38 all in second OT. Pirates have the ball first.

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:52 PM
3rd and 10 at the 14 for the Pirates. Timeout Sinton

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Come on Pirates! We need this first down and td! You can do it!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Pass to Segovia in end zone. Pass interference called on Pickers. Pirate ball on three yard line.

PhiI C
Whew! Come on Pirates! Let's take advantage and get a td.

piratebg
Castro runs in for td!

Kick is good!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Way to go Pirates!

Come on Defense! Hold them. Our offense has given you a good rest so let's hold them and make a big play and stop them.
You can do it! Go Pirates!

sinton66
10-16-2009, 10:57 PM
Okay Defense, show some spunk!

99IHSMustang
10-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Wow. Both teams must be going on pure adrenaline...

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Wow. Both teams must be going on pure adrenaline...

I agree! The teams have really played tonight!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Pass for a TD. Robstown goes for two and does not make it!! Pirates win!!!!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Come on Defense! I think maybe if Robstown scores a td they might go for 2. Come on Defense!

piratebg
10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Come on Defense! I think maybe if Robstown scores a td they might go for 2. Come on Defense!

You called it Phil. :clap: :clap: :clap:

WTG PIRATES!!!

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Pass for a TD. R goes for two and does not make it!! Pirates win!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Way to go Pirate!

What a game! Well played by both sides. Man this is one you are glad you won but you sure hate to see one of them lose.

99IHSMustang
10-16-2009, 11:01 PM
Way to come out with a big win Sinton. Congrats.

sinton3055
This was crazy:eek:

SintonPirateFan
what a great game. the boys are gonna sleep good tonight after that slug fest.

piratebg
I'm glad Sinton plays Fal next week. I need a break from all of this excitement.

PhiI C
10-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Man that game with Mathis was something. I don't know if this one was better but what an encore!

sinton66
10-16-2009, 11:02 PM
I need a drink.