View Full Version : big changes in top 10

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 09:25 AM
lets see how i did :D

Originally posted by lostaussie
CLASS 3A

1. Gilmer (5-0) at Bullard BORING

2. Carthage (5-0) vs. Center Center could play Carthage closer than some think

3. Giddings (5-0) at Sealy D25 intrigues me. I will be interested to see how this one turns out.

4. Abilene Wylie (4-0) at Brownwood possibly a barnburner.....possibly an a$$ kicking:D the top 10 game i would most like to attend

5. Navasota (5-0) at Caldwell another good matchup that will let both teams know where they really stand. i think the rattlers take them by a couple td's

6. Cuero (5-0) at Yoakum probably not close but maybe the biggest challenge Cuero will have in district

7. Prosper (5-0) at Argyle is Argyle for real, we shall find out tonight

8. Monahans (5-0) at Seminole Monahans rolls

9. Graham (5-0) vs. Snyder Graham pulls out a squeaker, but i still do not think they are a playoff factor

10. West Orange-Stark (4-1) at Silsbee mustangs need to get up early and put foot on the gas. if they let Silsbee hang around they could be out of the top 10 by morning

the opinions expressed here are solely of a fan of high school football fan who knows absolutely nothing about it:D

#1 Gilmer rolls big
#2 Carthage ditto
#3 Giddings goes down to Sealy
#4 Wylie see above:D had this one pegged
#5 Navasoto loses to Caldwell
#6 Cuero scratches and claws a victory
#7 Prosper evidently Argyle is for real
#8 Monahans takes down Seminole
#9 Graham gets it done over Snyder
#10 WOS takes another step back against Silsbee

3,5,7,10 all go down to some very good teams. Gonna be some shaking and moving in this weeks top 10!!!!

cntdwn
10-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
lets see how i did :D

#1 Gilmer rolls big
#2 Carthage ditto
#3 Giddings goes down to Sealy
#4 Wylie see above:D had this one pegged
#5 Navasoto loses to Caldwell
#6 Cuero scratches and claws a victory
#7 Prosper evidently Argyle is for real
#8 Monahans takes down Seminole
#9 Graham gets it done over Snyder
#10 WOS takes another step back against Silsbee

3,5,7,10 all go down to some very good teams. Gonna be some shaking and moving in this weeks top 10!!!!

Yea, and watch. Caldwell will get a point or two and wind up with some dumb ranking like 22nd.

STANG RED
10-10-2009, 09:37 AM
How bout this?

#1 Wylie - beat an excellent opponent at their house
#1 Gilmer - tie
#3 Carthage
#4 Monahans
#5 Graham
#6 Cuero
#7 Argyle
#8 Sealy ?
#9 Caldwell ?
#10 Prosper ?

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Yea, and watch. Caldwell will get a point or two and wind up with some dumb ranking like 22nd. no I think that was a very good win for them and the respect will be forthcoming. to whom did Caldwell lose?

Pudlugger
10-10-2009, 09:49 AM
To Bellville by 2.

How about this?

#1 Wylie -
#1 Gilmer - tie
#3 Carthage
#4 Cuero
#5 Sealy
#6 Giddings
#7 Argyle
#8 La Grange
#9 Monahans
#10 Caldwell

cntdwn
10-10-2009, 09:59 AM
From what I saw last night, I think Caldwell could take on the likes of any Top 5 team but they'd have to play with the same intensity level which historically waivers after a big win. We shall see, though.

I said it earlier, but the Rockdale game is at LEAST as important because if Navasota gets in and is Div. I, then Caldwell needs to get the top seed in Div. II to draw a less dangerous opponent in the second round after the first week bye.

Assuming that Rockdale, Taylor and Cameron are easy wins would be foolish.

Sting em!