10-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Spring Hill takes down Chapel Hill 29-28. That puts the
Buckeyes on the fast track to a D1 playoff berth

shamu85
10-10-2009, 12:39 AM
I would pay to see a Gilmer-Wylie matchup!:D

easttexas3a
10-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I wouldn't put any stock in it yet. With Gladewater losing by one to Tatum, and Shill beating Chill by one, who the heck knows how it will finish.

injuredinmelee
10-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Spring Hill takes down Chapel Hill 29-28. That puts the
Buckeyes on the fast track to a D1 playoff berth Dang the luck for us...

Sweetwater Red
10-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Sweet! Would love to see Wylie/Gilmer, unless we are still playing of course.

poisoned10
10-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Even though I think Chapel Hill will start distrcit out (0-2), I still think they will make the playoffs.

They started with Spring Hill last night and will travel to Gilmer next Friday during the Yamboree. Then they have Tatum at home, Bullard at Bullard and Gladewater at home.

The next 2 weeks should give us a pretty good idea of how things will play out.

MY 17-3A District Predictions:

Bullard (0-5)
vs. Gilmer (L, 0-71)
@ Tatum (L)
vs. Gladewater (L)
vs. Chapel Hill (L)
@ Spring Hill (L)

Chapel Hill (3-2)
vs. Spring Hill (L, 28-29)
@ Gilmer (L)
vs. Tatum (W)
@ Bullard (W)
vs. Gladewater (W)

Gilmer (5-0)
@ Bullard (W, 71-0)
vs. Chapel Hill (W)
@ Spring Hill (W)
@ Gladewater (W)
vs. Tatum (W)

Gladewater (1-4)
@ Tatum (L, 28-29)
vs. Spring Hill (L)
@ Bullard (W)
vs. Gilmer (W)
@ Chapel Hill (L)

Spring Hill (4-1)
@ Chapel Hill (W, 29-28)
@ Gladewater (W)
vs. Gilmer (L)
@ Tatum (W)
vs. Bullard (W)

Tatum (2-3)
vs. Gladewater (W, 29-28)
vs. Bullard (W)
@ Chapel Hill (L)
vs. Spring Hill (L)
@ Gilmer (L)

Final Standings:

Gilmer (5-0)
Spring Hill (4-1)
Chapel Hill (3-2)
Tatum (2-3)
Gladewater (1-4)
Bullard (0-5)

injuredinmelee
10-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I wouldnt worry too much about that...

LE Dad
10-10-2009, 09:00 AM
If Tatum keeps melting down CH and SH could both make it. :doh: I saw highlights and Tatum looked very very beatable.:eek:

:D

poisoned10
10-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
If Tatum keeps melting down CH and SH could both make it. :doh: I saw highlights and Tatum looked very very beatable.:eek:

:D

Thats the way I believe it will happen.

Pudlugger
10-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Even though I think Chapel Hill will start distrcit out (0-2), I still think they will make the playoffs.

They started with Spring Hill last night and will travel to Gilmer next Friday during the Yamboree. Then they have Tatum at home, Bullard at Bullard and Gladewater at home.

The next 2 weeks should give us a pretty good idea of how things will play out.

MY 17-3A District Predictions:

Bullard (0-5)
vs. Gilmer (L, 0-71)
@ Tatum (L)
vs. Gladewater (L)
vs. Chapel Hill (L)
@ Spring Hill (L)

Chapel Hill (3-2)
vs. Spring Hill (L, 28-29)
@ Gilmer (L)
vs. Tatum (W)
@ Bullard (W)
vs. Gladewater (W)

Gilmer (5-0)
@ Bullard (W, 71-0)
vs. Chapel Hill (W)
@ Spring Hill (W)
@ Gladewater (W)
vs. Tatum (W)

Gladewater (1-4)
@ Tatum (L, 28-29)
vs. Spring Hill (L)
@ Bullard (W)
vs. Gilmer (W)
@ Chapel Hill (L)

Spring Hill (4-1)
@ Chapel Hill (W, 29-28)
@ Gladewater (W)
vs. Gilmer (W)
@ Tatum (W)
vs. Bullard (W)

Tatum (2-3)
vs. Gladewater (W, 29-28)
vs. Bullard (W)
@ Chapel Hill (L)
vs. Spring Hill (L)
@ Gilmer (L)

Final Standings:

Gilmer (5-0)
Spring Hill (4-1)
Chapel Hill (3-2)
Tatum (2-3)
Gladewater (1-4)
Bullard (0-5)

You have Shill winning in the Gilmer game LOL.:D

poisoned10
10-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
You have Shill winning in the Gilmer game LOL.:D

:doh:

Typo. Fixed.

LE Dad
10-10-2009, 09:32 AM
:doh:

Typo. Fixed. LOL :doh: Thank you edit function :clap: :clap: That would be a shocker!!:eek:

Aesculus gilmus
10-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I think there's still a good chance Gilmer will go D2, although D1 is the easier route to a championship.

This year, it may not matter much.

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 09:44 AM
my personal preference............i gues my wish list:D would be to go D1, have Gonzales not make playoffs and play Cuero in semi's..............just because i have always wanted to play them...............and then get AW in the finals. and who said D1 was the easiest road to a championship:D that would be a great Christmas!!!!

Aesculus gilmus
10-10-2009, 10:43 AM
La Vega certainly thought it was last year and even went to the extent of 'laying down' for a final game opponent in order to go D1. Rumor mill at the time was the Pirates were upset at the prospect of having to face the Buckeyes in the Area round.

I thought it to be poetic justice when Prosper upset them and took the D1 title away from them. Deliberate losing should never be rewarded.

slingshot
10-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
La Vega certainly thought it was last year and even went to the extent of 'laying down' for a final game opponent in order to go D1. Rumor mill at the time was the Pirates were upset at the prospect of having to face the Buckeyes in the Area round.

I thought it to be poetic justice when Prosper upset them and took the D1 title away from them. Deliberate losing should never be rewarded. Bingo.

pirate4state
10-10-2009, 11:49 AM
my personal preference............i gues my wish list:D would be to go D1, have Gonzales not make playoffs and play Cuero in semi's..............just because i have always wanted to play them...............and then get AW in the finals. and who said D1 was the easiest road to a championship:D that would be a great Christmas!!!! GMTA! I would LOVE this to play out! :clap:

Buckeye1980
10-10-2009, 04:07 PM
D1 would not bother me but,not to get ahead of things , it would be a shame in East Texas for Gilmer to go D1 and Carthage go D2 and both teams win state and not get a chance to play each other . Like I said not to get ahead of things , but that would be an outright same!

WOS87
10-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Looks like it will come down to Tatum vs Chapel Hill now...

Carthage is by no means an automatic lock to even win their district with Jasper playing as well as they have been much less win Region III in D2 or repeat as State Champs

DukeNukem
10-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

lol! :devil:

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by WOS87

Carthage is by no means an automatic lock to even win their district with Jasper playing as well as they have been much less win Region III in D2 or repeat as State Champs i think what he was trying to say is that there are a lot of Gilmer fans that DO want the rematch with Carthage. makes me no difference either way. we will line up and play whoever advances. a whole lot more folks care about whether gilmer goes d1 or d2 than we do.

Buckeye1980
10-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Carthage is by no means an automatic lock to even win their district with Jasper playing as well as they have been much less win Region III in D2 or repeat as State Champs

I stated , with good reason, that I was not getting ahead of anything. It will take alot for both teams to win it all. I agree about Jasper,they might very well win district, which would guarantee Carthage goin D2. Like Loastaussie said , all the people concerned with whether Gilmer goes D1 or D2 are not from Gilmer, we are gonna line up against whoever is against us

Move The Chains
10-10-2009, 05:38 PM

I thought it to be poetic justice when Prosper upset them and took the D1 title away from them. Deliberate losing should never be rewarded. I met 2 LaVega players at PALS state in Austin this past February.

1 was their starting MLB and another was an O lineman. I asked them if it was true that they "threw" the game, and this is what they told me:

"Well, to be straightforward, no, we didn't intentionally throw the game, BUT we did play our backups so our starters wouldn't get hurt and we didn't really care if we lost or not because we already had our playoff spot locked up. If our backups would have won the game, then we wouldn've went D 2 and that woulda been fine with us. We preferred D 1 and so we got what we wanted and we got our backups some PT. We still almost wont that game and our backups and coaches were doing everything they could to win the game with the backups. They just weren't going to play the starters and risk injury to win a game that didn't mean anything."

That's not the exact words, but that's the basic of idea of what they told me.

And we went on and talked about the SC game against Prosper and all that. Seemed like 2 really good guys and the MLB (c.j. I think) was an excellent athlete.

easttexas3a
10-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't care which way Gilmer goes, just as long as we make it through district healthy. We need to be playign our best ball by the time the playoffs get here.

I think a fun one would be going D1

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. La vega
Gilmer vs. Navasota
Gilmer vs. Cuero
Gilmer vs. Abilene Wylie

idc who you are, that would be a brutal 5 weeks lol.

Move The Chains
10-10-2009, 05:46 PM
As of right now, I'd pay 50 or 60 bucks to watch Wylie and Gilmer go at it.

oldtownag
10-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Carthage will now start rolling now that their East Texas 4A title is secured. The Dawgs were without their stud RB last night against Center.

I want to state right now that we want to be in whichever division Gilmer is in!

Code Red my butt!

Aesculus gilmus
10-10-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm sure those LV players are fine individuals of high character and all that. The coaches are responsible for decisions not to play the best players and thus not do their best to win particular games. I'm just glad the decision eventually backfired on that coach.

I realize everyone wants as many champions and as many playoff games as possible (thus, the split into two divisions), but I sorta miss the days when there was one undisputed state champion in each class.

lulu
10-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Thats the way I believe it will happen.

Hey guys CH plays hard and for the entire game. We got two players injuried. Don't know the status as of right now,,,,could be out a week or so. They are by far IMO the toughest team we've played. We had a couple of really frisky officials that couldn't keep their scarves folded but at least it was both ways. It was at more crutial times for us (everytime we got in the Red Zone) but they would not for the life of them let the teams play. They penalized CH in the end zone for celebration and all the kid did was make a fist and jump and cheer. N o big deal ,,,,really just reaction. Not like he did a dance or anything.

It was an awesome game. Hard loss for CH they came out very confident and fought hard. Great win for us. It will help carry us into the next week with a bit more spirit I think. Our team seemed much more united. I am very proud for them/us.

lulu
10-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
I don't care which way Gilmer goes, just as long as we make it through district healthy. We need to be playign our best ball by the time the playoffs get here.

I think a fun one would be going D1

Gilmer vs. Jasper
Gilmer vs. La vega
Gilmer vs. Navasota
Gilmer vs. Cuero
Gilmer vs. Abilene Wylie

idc who you are, that would be a brutal 5 weeks lol.

You think the Bucks would come out of that alive? Man ...talk abt. brutal.:eek:

Buckeye80
10-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Carthage will now start rolling now that their East Texas 4A title is secured. The Dawgs were without their stud RB last night against Center.

I want to state right now that we want to be in whichever division Gilmer is in!

Code Red my butt!

And here is why the Gilmer fans want a rematch with Carthage. People who are just cocky can't live in Carthage because they aren't conceited enough.

WOS1
10-11-2009, 10:33 AM
a whole lot more folks care about whether gilmer goes d1 or d2 than we do.

True, very true. Not me of course. Right now, I don't think we can get to the third round to play them...:doh: :weeping:

waterboy
10-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
And here is why the Gilmer fans want a rematch with Carthage. People who are just cocky can't live in Carthage because they aren't conceited enough.
Haha......ain't that the truth! I would love nothing more than a second chance to shut them people up.:D What's Coach Traylor's record in rematches?:thinking: CODE RED - "Think it, say it, do it!" :D

oldtownag
10-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I have no idea what his record is in rematches. However, his record against coach Suratt is 0-1!

Scoreboard!

P.S. You don't see anyone from Carthage coming up with slogans like "Code Red"!

poisoned10
10-12-2009, 01:40 PM
I have no idea what his record is in rematches. However, his record against coach Suratt is 0-1!

I'll just put it this way, he is undefeated.

In fact, there is only 1 team that has beat Coach Traylor more than once, and that is Daingerfield.

Currently, there are only 3 teams with winning records (above .500 winning percentage) against Coach Traylor: Canton, Liberty Hill and Carthage. His record against those teams are 0-1.

It's like the saying: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Buckeye1980
10-12-2009, 01:41 PM

Code Red my butt!

Someone needs to explain this to me , how is the East Texas 4A title secured?

icu812
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Ha Ha yes we need a rematch. I didn't realize the Gilmer and Carthage folks were so badly itching for a fight with each other. I was at their last game and it was a good one.

Come on Chapel Hill!!

Big win by Spring Hill btw.

waterboy
10-12-2009, 02:05 PM
It's okay Buckeye1980.....they don't fall too far from the tree down that way...:D It truly makes me no never mind who we play along the way just so long as we can bring home the championship trophy..........although, I would love to add Carthage to the list of victims in our quest.;) They are the defending champions until they lose...... and a rematch would definitely be one game to circle on the calendar. :devil:

Aesculus gilmus
10-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by lulu
They penalized CH in the end zone for celebration and all the kid did was make a fist and jump and cheer. N o big deal ,,,,really just reaction. Not like he did a dance or anything.

Tristan Holt of the Buckeyes was IMO penalized unnecessarily a few weeks back also (Kilgore game, IIRC), basically for just showing the emotion that he was happy he'd just scored a TD.

I'm with Bruce Springsteen on this: "It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive."

I guess the officials' attitudes these days is that you must stop, gently hand the ball over to the nearest zebra authority and then bow in solemn reverence to the football god once you gain entrance to the sacred territory for which you are awarded six points.

lulu
10-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Tristan Holt of the Buckeyes was IMO penalized unnecessarily a few weeks back also (Kilgore game, IIRC), basically for just showing the emotion that he was happy he'd just scored a TD.

I guess the officials' attitudes these days is that you must stop, gently hand the ball over to the nearest zebra authority and then bow in solemn reverence to the football god once you gain entrance to the sacred territory for which you are awarded six points.

Well put. I really felt for the kid. He was just excited. But really,,,,those stripes were throwing gold everywhere. The headlinesman was on our side of the field and I wanted to yank his little blond curley hair out and kick his fat hinney. There were 10 for them,,,8 for us and a few were just uncalled for.
:mad:

waterboy
10-13-2009, 07:45 AM

I agree. Hasn't he been flagged a couple of other times for the same thing? I looked at that play on tape and I still didn't see anything that he should have been flagged for. There was nothing excessive in his celebration, in my opinion. Football is a game of emotion, and to not allow celebration for scoring is just downright unAmerican to me:mad: , so long as it's not excessive or taunting, which I definitely haven't seen from Tristan!

lulu
10-13-2009, 09:42 PM

I think that's a no brainer....Chapel Hill will win.