PDA

View Full Version : Just some thoughts:

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:05 PM
We'll start with GP North Shore. They lost to Port Arthur Memorial 7-6! :eek:

Next, let's move on to WO-S losing to Silsbee. I knew Silsbee was good, and this probably isn't WO-S' year, but I thought the Mustangs would still be good enough to win district. :thinking:

Next, Bellville loses to LG. I saw this one coming, but it will shock a lot of people.

Sticking with the 25-3A theme..... Smithville handles Columbus (I didn't see a final for this one) and Sealy beats Giddings like 30-18, I think. :eek: :thinking:

Moving on, let's hop to Brownwood. All those "idiots" who picked AW by 14+ got exactly what they wanted. Sorry Rocket, but I gotta say, this makes me happy.

Next, how bout Cuero barely squeezing out a 26-23 win over Yoakum? :thinking:

Sinton losing to Mathis 14-3 at half??? What was the final?

Then, as if that wasn't enough.... Caldwell beats Navasota 14-0. :eek:

But wait, Stafford.... ya know UNDEFEATED Stafford??? Well, they got owned 48-2 by, I think, a 3-2 Sweeny team. I predicted a Sweeny win.... BUT, I didn't think it would be THAT bad. Just goes to show ya, if you play a weak schedule, you can go into district undefeated.

My team, Columbia, well, we got used again this week. What's new? Needville was better. Plain and simple. Rained the entire game. Kudos to all the peeps like me who stayed the whole game.

Anyway, sorry if I'm leaving off any potential shockers.

Discuss.

SHSBulldog00
10-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Sweeny is now 4-2

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Sweeny is now 4-2 fixed. Thanks.

sinton66
10-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Sinton was down 28-3 in the third, then came back and won 33-28.:D

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Sinton was down 28-3 in the third, then came back and won 33-28.:D Wow. That's a talking point in itself. :eek:

44INAROW
10-09-2009, 11:17 PM
I agree - lots of shake ups tonight.

Kudos' to Yoakum playing lights out tonight and double kudos to the Gobblers for not giving up and coming back and winning in the last few mins of the game 26-23! We needed a good "close one" I am thinking we'll have another good game with Edna in a few weeks.

I didn't see the Caldwell/Navasota upset coming:eek:

The Sealy/Giddings was what I expected.

Wasn't thinking the Sinton/Mathis game would be as close as it was and way to go Sinton for coming back and winning. Just goes to show - never give up!

I love Texas High School Football.

sinton66
10-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Never a dull moment in highschool football.:D

snake_attack
10-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I agree - lots of shake ups tonight.

I didn't see the Caldwell/Navasota upset coming:eek:

I kinda saw it coming but i didnt want to say it. Navasota always had trouble with caldwells offense. It was in caldwell + a wet field = no bueno.

navscanmaster
10-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by snake_attack
I kinda saw it coming but i didnt want to say it. Navasota always had trouble with caldwells offense. It was in caldwell + a wet field = no bueno.

Our offensive line/play calling was atrocious, wet field or not. Hearne was even wetter. I know Hearne is no Caldwell, but you would think something would have clicked when you have an offensive line/fullback that are all seniors.....:confused: