PDA

View Full Version : slpybear checking in... and SCATTERSHOOTING...

slpybear the bullfan
04-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Well guys, my off-season R&R is drawing short, so it is time to get back close to the computer for some Football posting...

A couple of you asked what has been up? Well...

MaMa is now almost 9 mos. pregnant, so we are expecting her to domino in the middle of May. The doc says slpybear will be the proud PaPa of a boy. I already have a daughter, so as one of my good friends said, "Now I have a matching set!"

I have had a couple of committments outside of work that have been pretty intense, so I haven't been able to get on the computer much, and it will probably stay pretty lean until June or July, but I should be able to check in every now and then.

I have set back and observed the war and supported the troops with A LOT of interest. I don't know if this forum is the place for it, but I have had some pretty late night conversations with my close friends about it.

Here is some random shots from the bear den...

1.) With the smell of fresh grass being cut recently, I began drooling of THE AMERICAN SPORT... Football!

2.) Slpybear will be pulling for the Decatur Lady Eagles Softball team to go all the way... GASP!!! Yup, I know, hard to believe. Oh well, it might be armageddon, or pigs flying, etc... Remember to look for their pitcher, Kasi Dobbs. She is a junior and is a pistol.

3.) I hope my boy will love football AND baseball. I always wanted to play both but wasn't really good enough to hit the ball.

4.) My daughter is finishing up her first year of soccer, (mom's idea, NOT mine.) While I think she did good, I simply think 3 and 4 year olds have absolutely no clue about what is happening. I know, there are always one or two that "get it" but the rest are hating it by game two. ??? Damn communist sport anyway... (just kidding!)

5.) I have some folks I know serving overseas in the hot spot. What you say and do, (both positive and negative) DOES impact them. Whether you believe it or not.

6.) Anyone who looks to Tim Robbins, Natalie Mains, any of the Baldwins, etc... for their moral or political or foreign policy beliefs is an idiot. C'mon people, go out and educate yourself. Entertaiment celebrities are here to entertain and then disappear from your view... like a waiter or waitress. And Eddie Vedder... kind of funny how when they came and played Austin a couple of weeks ago they draped the red, white, and blue out and sang a patriotic song...

Everyone take care and we will touch base every so often until the baby is here.

Adios,

Ranger Mom
04-19-2003, 09:07 PM
Hey Slpy, it was good to hear from you. I knew that baby was supposed to be here before long. I agree 100% on what you said regarding the war. There hasn't been much (if any) anti-war talk on this board, but there are a couple of IDIOTS on the pig that drive me UP THE WALL!!!

I know you are gonna be busy here in the next couple of weeks, but pop-in and let us know when babybear gets here, with all the statistics!!

exbccards76'smom
04-20-2003, 05:29 AM
Congrats on the new baby, slpybear!! I am still celebrating the birth of my first granddaughter. She was a month old Friday. Now I know why everyone says that if they knew grandkids were so much fun, they would have had them first. Of course, even though she's just a month old, she already has her daddy and poppaw wrapped around her little finger. :D :D

sinton66
04-20-2003, 05:52 PM
It is indeed good to hear from the bear clan. Congrats on becoming a papa again. Hope everything works out just fine, and all of you enjoy the new addition. Please do check in and give us details when you can. wink