PDA

View Full Version : farmersville 28 lovejoy 19

sic'em
10-09-2009, 10:53 PM
the ville mucked it up and made it blackland muddy mess. the lovejoy spread didn't know what to do. classic case of home field advantage. when lovejoy is in 4a next year, they won't have to worry about playing on grass fields but for now it is a disadvantage to them.

Farmersfan
10-09-2009, 11:09 PM
The Farmers looked like the team we have been looking for all season. They finally came alive on the O-Line and kicked some butt. And for those that are already claiming the "Muck" worked against the Leopards keep in mind the Farmers had to contend with the muck also. Team speed was in the Farmers favor in this game. Lovejoy had two players that were a threat...........................

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
The Farmers looked like the team we have been looking for all season. They finally came alive on the O-Line and kicked some butt. And for those that are already claiming the "Muck" worked against the Leopards keep in mind the Farmers had to contend with the muck also. Team speed was in the Farmers favor in this game. Lovejoy had two players that were a threat........................... Yes, Farmersville had to play in it as well.... but "muck" can definitely give one team an advantage.... and it obviously did not play into Lovejoy's hand.

sic'em
10-09-2009, 11:23 PM
i personally liked how the field turned from green to black. reminded me of what it was like back in my day. lovejoy played like they had never seen mud before.

Farmersfan
10-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Yes, Farmersville had to play in it as well.... but "muck" can definitely give one team an advantage.... and it obviousll did not play into Lovejoy's hand.

It certainly kept both teams playing pretty conservative. If not for the "Muck" I think the Farmers would have been able to pass on the Lovejoy defense. Perhaps the score would have been closer to last years 30 point victory for these same kids!

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:30 PM
It certainly kept both teams playing pretty conservative. If not for the "Muck" I think the Farmers would have been able to pass on the Lovejoy defense. Perhaps the score would have been closer to last years 30 point victory for these same kids! I thought Lovejoy was undefeated through the regular season last year?

ssgmp5150
10-09-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't want to hear anything about weather and field conditions and how it was an excuse! Lovejoy had the audacity to try and move this game to Princeton's stadium on Saturday because they were fearful of playing in the mud. Last time I checked....weather and field conditions go both ways! Simply admit facts....Lovejoy got their butts whopped tonight! If it were not for several bad calls by the officials, we would have scored a few more touchdowns! So, don't go using the field conditions as an excuse as both teams had to play in those conditions! Bottom line....Lovejoy played a cup cake pre-season schedule and our grueling pre-season schedule had us better prepared to play a tough game! So, take defeat graciously intead of making excuses! You take a handful of big plays away, and we completely dominated you guys all night long! Let us enjoy this without having to listen to your excuses! I still can't believe they had the gumption to think we would agree to playing them on Saturday in Princeton.....lol

Farmersfan
10-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
I thought Lovejoy was undefeated through the regular season last year?

These same Farmers (minus 1 starter) beat Lovejoy in Lucas by 30 points last year. Lovejoy went 5-5 last year and took second in this district.

Farmersfan
10-09-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I don't want to hear anything about weather and field conditions and how it was an excuse! Lovejoy had the audacity to try and move this game to Princeton's stadium on Saturday because they were fearful of playing in the mud. Last time I checked....weather and field conditions go both ways! Simply admit facts....Lovejoy got their butts whopped tonight! If it were not for several bad calls by the officials, we would have scored a few more touchdowns! So, don't go using the field conditions as an excuse as both teams had to play in those conditions! Bottom line....Lovejoy played a cup cake pre-season schedule and our grueling pre-season schedule had us better prepared to play a tough game! So, take defeat graciously intead of making excuses! You take a handful of big plays away, and we completely dominated you guys all night long! Let us enjoy this without having to listen to your excuses! I still can't believe they had the gumption to think we would agree to playing them on Saturday in Princeton.....lol

I heard a Lovejoy parent on the phone at the concession stand at halftime telling someone that Lovejoy was a "SPEED" team and this messy stuff is taking them out of their game. They can say what they want to say but I feel the Farmers beat them on a dry turf field too.

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:48 PM
These same Farmers (minus 1 starter) beat Lovejoy in Lucas by 30 points last year. Lovejoy went 5-5 last year and took second in this district. Lol. NVM. :doh:

Move The Chains
10-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
I don't want to hear anything about weather and field conditions and how it was an excuse! Lovejoy had the audacity to try and move this game to Princeton's stadium on Saturday because they were fearful of playing in the mud. Last time I checked....weather and field conditions go both ways! Simply admit facts....Lovejoy got their butts whopped tonight! If it were not for several bad calls by the officials, we would have scored a few more touchdowns! So, don't go using the field conditions as an excuse as both teams had to play in those conditions! Bottom line....Lovejoy played a cup cake pre-season schedule and our grueling pre-season schedule had us better prepared to play a tough game! So, take defeat graciously intead of making excuses! You take a handful of big plays away, and we completely dominated you guys all night long! Let us enjoy this without having to listen to your excuses! I still can't believe they had the gumption to think we would agree to playing them on Saturday in Princeton.....lol Way to be humble! :rolleyes:

Everybody loves a good winner. :hand:

ssgmp5150
10-09-2009, 11:57 PM
I heard it from Lovejoy fans at the game tonight and knew it would be an excuse on the forum. So, I simply tried to nip it in the bud before it got started. Bottom line....The muddy field affected both teams. To try and move the game to another field with turf???? You must admit that is pretty bad on Lovejoy's part! So, no excuses! Congrats to Farmersville and good luck to Lovejoy the rest of the way!