skins4life
10-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Congrats to the Eagles.

charlesrixey
10-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by firstdown
Prosper defense is good

Argyle defense is better

i think prosper's defense is better, but Argyle's offense is better and their defense isn't too far behind. Prosper hasn't really played a good defense until now. Either way, this shows Argyle is ready on both sides of the ball--looks like two 9-3A teams might meet twice this season--if both can continue to improve.

Sweetwater Red
10-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Nice! Congrats to my favorite Region II team. Very well coached and extremely disciplined. :clap:

TuckA4
10-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Sounds like Prosper's offense was pretty anemic last night. Maybe the shouldn't have let Coach Spoor get away last spring.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/stories/DRC_argylefootball_1010.2004398cd.html

LE Dad
10-10-2009, 09:22 AM
:clap: :clap: Congratulations Argyle :thumbsup:

:D

Bullaholic
10-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Congrats for a big win to Argyle. I really thought Prosper would win this one narrowly. I was wrong. Argyle should be a real factor in the DII playoffs if they continue their level of play. Celina should be the only hurdle remaining in 9-3A, otherwise I could see them 'running' the table.

firstdown
10-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by TuckA4
Sounds like Prosper's offense was pretty anemic last night. Maybe the shouldn't have let Coach Spoor get away last spring.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/stories/DRC_argylefootball_1010.2004398cd.html

I would like to the their offensive woes had to do with the D they faced. This is may be the best team we have ever had on both sides of the ball. I know for a fact it was solid win over good team and that there is still a lot of football to be played.

GREAT WIN!

Twirling Time
10-10-2009, 11:13 AM
I saw a close-up of Jub-Jub's boy on Channel 5 this morning. Daddy needs to make his son shave.

ssgmp5150
10-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Wow! Congrats to goes out to Argyle. I for sure thought Prosper would win this one! Knowing how good Prosper is, then Argle must be pretty darn good too! Look out Celina....3rd place is lurking in the district standings! I think Prosper and Argyle could very easily beat Celina! Interesting this year.....Hmmm....

N_texasfan
10-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm not trying to take anything away from argyle because they played a great game especially on defense. But it does help to have every break go your way. On the drive that led to a 50 yard field goal (the argyle kicker is every bit as good as they say btw) the officials made a horrible call calling a pass that went through an argyle receivers hands and hit the ground a completion. This wasn't there only bad call of the night either. With argyle threatening to score they fumbled into the end zone and it's recovered by a prosper player. There was no whistle and they ref signaled for touchback but they changed it and argyle ends up scoring.

BobcatBenny
10-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
Wow! Congrats to goes out to Argyle. I for sure thought Prosper would win this one! Knowing how good Prosper is, then Argle must be pretty darn good too! Look out Celina....3rd place is lurking in the district standings! I think Prosper and Argyle could very easily beat Celina! Interesting this year.....Hmmm....
Lady ... this is an Argyle ... Prosper thread. But even if Celina ends up third in district the Bobcats will go further in the playoffs than Farmersville.

Get real ... 9-3A is arguably the toughest 3A district in the state.

PHOP
10-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by N_texasfan
I'm not trying to take anything away from argyle because they played a great game especially on defense. But it does help to have every break go your way. On the drive that led to a 50 yard field goal (the argyle kicker is every bit as good as they say btw) the officials made a horrible call calling a pass that went through an argyle receivers hands and hit the ground a completion. This wasn't there only bad call of the night either. With argyle threatening to score they fumbled into the end zone and it's recovered by a prosper player. There was no whistle and they ref signaled for touchback but they changed it and argyle ends up scoring.

You are right this was a poor call and could have changed the outcome. Honestly the better prepared team won the game. I do think Prosper is a better team (talent wise) but that night they were not as well prepared as Argyle. I have the greatest respect and admiration for Coach Scott and his crew...not a criticism just the way it was Friday - you can bet both the team and coaching staff learned and that won't happen again.

ssgmp5150
10-10-2009, 09:51 PM
lol........I didn't even say anything about Farmersville....I was trying to say that you guys have one tough district! With a team like Celina potentially playing for a 3rd place spot in the district....Wow!!!! Back in the day 3rd place would not get you in the playoffs! So, I meant it more as a compliment to your district more than anything. Geez...don't get all defensive!

Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Lady ... this is an Argyle ... Prosper thread. But even if Celina ends up third in district the Bobcats will go further in the playoffs than Farmersville.

Get real ... 9-3A is arguably the toughest 3A district in the state.

firstdown
10-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by PHOP
You are right this was a poor call and could have changed the outcome. Honestly the better prepared team won the game. I do think Prosper is a better team (talent wise) but that night they were not as well prepared as Argyle. I have the greatest respect and admiration for Coach Scott and his crew...not a criticism just the way it was Friday - you can bet both the team and coaching staff learned and that won't happen again.

We beat prosper 10 out 10 times. Our lines dominated on both sides of the ball. Your defense is good but your offense is not. 168 total yards and 70 of that came on one play. Good luck to you guys, the best team won on Friday and I suspect that Celina will beat you if you can't find a way to pass.

eagle12
10-11-2009, 01:04 PM
i highly doubt you beat prosper 10 out of 10 times, argyle did dominate the game yet they still only won by 3 points...

firstdown
10-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Like I said, Prosper has good D. However they only scored 7 points on Offense. That will not win many games against good teams. I will concede 9 out of 10 we win. Your D is good.