10-09-2009, 10:07 PM
ouch...

sotex
10-09-2009, 10:23 PM
wow

I guess the frustration took over.

ctfootball
10-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Did they rest anyone? Or are they taking out their frustrations on Ingram?

cameron91
10-09-2009, 10:31 PM
their is no reason at all to beat a JV team 76-0..shame on you LH.. SHAME ON YOU..:D

Panther One
10-09-2009, 10:35 PM
No. We finally played a team that was so outmatched it didn't matter what they did against us. They could have played with a couple of extra guys and it wouldn't have made a difference. They are easily the worst 3A team in the state and in three weeks will tally their 40th consecutive loss.

We had three defensive TDs. It was 28-0 early and our offense had done very little. The starters did not play in the second half. It boils down to the same ol' thing with LH in blowout games...do we pass or take a knee?

LH_Tuff
10-10-2009, 06:33 AM
I really feel for Ingram. I don't know what their enrollment numbers are. But they are really thin in numbers. I counted 23 kids suited up for the game. As well, their band had maybe 30-35 kids. And the fans. :doh: There were maybe 20 fans on the Ingram side. I don't know what is going on there, but whatever it is, it needs to be turned around.

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2009, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
I really feel for Ingram. I don't know what their enrollment numbers are. But they are really thin in numbers. I counted 23 kids suited up for the game. As well, their band had maybe 30-35 kids. And the fans. :doh: There were maybe 20 fans on the Ingram side. I don't know what is going on there, but whatever it is, it needs to be turned around.
Extremely small numbers when you consider they don't field a JV team. :( There were 16 or 17 fans here Thursday for the freshman game, which I thought was pretty good since it was at 5:00.

ziggy29
10-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
It's not just the enrollment numbers -- it's also that the kids that grow up there who can play football often don't suit up for Ingram. I've talked to some Ingram folks and to some Kerrville Tivy folks in the past, and both seem to say that there are "football families" in the Ingram district who either choose not to play football for such a program or who find ways to get their kid enrolled at Tivy to play there -- sometimes, even if they have to establish an address a few miles down the road.

This goes back to the thread a few weeks ago about whether 0-10 can be the death of a program. One colossally bad hair day is recoverable, but when you've lost something like 40 in a row and an 0-10 season is the norm, there are going to be players (and parents of players) who are going to decide these kids are NOT going to play football at Ingram. It's a rather sad, perpetual negative feedback loop, it seems.

wimbo_pro
10-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
The starters did not play in the second half.

If you pull the starters, what else can you do? take a knee? Yes...but...those boys who are 2nd and 3rd string never get to play, and this is their chance. Taking a knee cheats them, and in my opinion, insults the other team (of course I am not referring to taking a knee with only seconds left).

After the starters are pulled, then the question is...did you run trick plays...on-side kicks, deep pass plays (LH??? hahahaha) or stuff like that. I doubt LH did this after pulling the starters.

lange4
10-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Ingram has not always been at the level it is at now. I know that the football team is at an all time low. But here is where it gets interesting, how does a program that (used) to pride themselves on sports get to this level. Not that many years ago they competed for playoff spots in a lot of the sports . It is not just football, all of thier sports have dropped off of the face of competiveness. This many athletic people can not move in and out of a district.

wimbo_pro
10-11-2009, 12:03 AM
I can see the makings of a great come-back story developing here. A school/community that finally stands up and turns things around...one person rallies the community to a fever pitch and then they all chip in and make it to the state championship. What a movie!!!

I just wish they would start filming soon...this is getting embarrassing. Pass the popcorn.

lange4
10-11-2009, 12:10 AM
So, Wimbo are you going to be the one that steps in and carries them to the next level.