PDA

View Full Version : to Wharton fans

Old Dog
11-23-2003, 04:17 PM
I have not had time to research whether this has been discussed since the long trip home and usual Sunday responsibilites, but I'll make an attempt.

I think Wharton should be very proud of their young men. They delivered lots to Burnet Sat. night. They gave Burnet plenty to consider; most points scored on Burnet, most yards on Burnet and 3 ints of McGee's passes. Your team played hard to the very end.....no standing down or letting up. Kellen was still bull rushing late in the game and wrecking havoc, to say nothing about his power fullback dives and blocks. More than just Keelen should be participating in collegiate programs next year. I saw several very talented young men.

Had it not been for the strange events early in the game the outcome could have been MUCH different. Personally, my hats off to your team and good luck in the future.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

RiverRatDad
11-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks Old Dog. I am also very proud that our young men continued to fight to the end.
Best of luck to your Dogs. Boy, was I impressed with your team on both sides of the ball. Your offense has so many weapons, and your defense was much quicker than I expected considering their size. Your team is a class act. Congrats and good luck.

sinton66
11-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Old Dog, now THAT's a classy post. Well done. wink

bc 76
11-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Old Dog thanks,our team fought very hard till the end the kids took it very hard they believed in there hearts that they had a chance to beat you guys,i also agree if it wasn't for mistakes on special teams who knows what the out come would have been.I wish the Burnet team the best of luck the rest of the playoffs also the Burnet fans have a lot of class im sure the kids on the team really appreciate the support.Old Dog one more thing what did you think of the Wharton qb.

Old Dog
11-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Your Qb, Trey Jones right, had a good command of his troops. He had good accuracy thru, especially out to 25 yards. I think he had the same trouble as McGee that the adrenalin was pumping too much for connecting out further. He and his backs did a good job getting together on the swing passes (those things scare the daylights out me). Of course the 92 yarder was beautiful (from a football standpoint). Bottom line was.....he impressed me as did most of your guys.

LogieJoeBean001
11-23-2003, 07:47 PM
Thanks OldDog. We appreciate the congratulations. The boys fought every inch of the game, never giving up. They truly believed that this was their year. It was painful to see it end like it did. It is nice to see someone recognize that there is more than Kellen on defense, as well as the rest of the team.

Congratulations and the best of luck. Since you guys beat us last year, I was pulling for your team to win state last year, and I'll do the same this year. Go all the way Dawgs!

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: LogieJoeBean001 ]</small>

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
11-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Olddog thanks for the compliment. Burnet has a class football team and classy fans. It was a good hard fought ballgame. I do believe that Burnet will win the state title this year. To all Burnet fans just kick back and enjoy it. Even though my team Wharton lost last night I enjoyed the game last night. It was a shootout and fun to watch. The next few games that Burnet plays enjoy it as much as you can. Win or lose (which i doubt) the Burnet Bulldogs are champions regardless.

Chris Hart
11-23-2003, 11:23 PM
I agree, I was really impressed with the Wharton team. I don't think I've ever seen that much physical talent on a 3A team. Ya'll never gave up and showed alot more discipline and sportsmanship this time around. I know yall have good coaches, but the thought of Burnet's coaching staff and Burnet's off-season program in Wharton is down right SCARY. eek! eek! eek! Congrats on a fine season!

whrtntig1
11-24-2003, 08:48 AM
Burnet played excellently Saturday nite and deserves to win state. I want to thank the tigers for sticking in there till the end. you made me so proud! I want to thank the Burnet side for giving the drill team a standing ovation--that really surprised and pleased them.
However, I know the Burnet players read these post so I'm going to ask you guys from the standpoint of a mom, please when you tackle some one and are having trouble getting them down,please, please dont take your fist and hit them as hard as you can in the strenum- I had a friend killed that way when the blow caused his heart to stop.
Play hard and win state!

whtfbplaya
11-24-2003, 12:21 PM
whrtntig1:
Burnet played excellently Saturday nite and deserves to win state. I want to thank the tigers for sticking in there till the end. you made me so proud! I want to thank the Burnet side for giving the drill team a standing ovation--that really surprised and pleased them.
However, I know the Burnet players read these post so I'm going to ask you guys from the standpoint of a mom, please when you tackle some one and are having trouble getting them down,please, please dont take your fist and hit them as hard as you can in the strenum- I had a friend killed that way when the blow caused his heart to stop.
Play hard and win state!Really sorry to hear about your friend, but it is football and you are going to take alot harder hits than a punch here and there. I only saw that a few times and they were trying to knock the ball loose which is what most players are taught when they are the second and third guys to the runner.