PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Vs. Caldwell Updates

Yoe_09
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Since this is an off week for the Cameron Yoe, I will be going to the Navasota Vs. Caldwell game. This should be a good game between two top 25 teams.

I will be brinding updates via twitter http://twitter.com/yoe_09

The game can also be heard on Cameron's 105.1 FM Game of the Week. You can also listen to the game on the link of the top right of the home page KMIL.com

striker
10-09-2009, 07:42 PM
The LIVE STREAM can also be heard at www.navasotanews.com

striker
10-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Caldwell was driving. Fumble on Navasota 30. Rattler football.

striker
10-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Caldwell 4th and goal at Navasota 1 yd line.

striker
10-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Navasota 0 - Caldwell 7 8:46 in 2nd

striker
10-09-2009, 08:06 PM
3:25 left in 2nd Rattlers 1st and 10 from Caldwell 29 yard line

striker
10-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Navasota 0 - Caldwell 7 Halftime

cameron91
10-09-2009, 08:29 PM
mane....halftime already..:eek: .. game starts at 730 and it's halftime at 8:15 :clap:

XtremeCouture
10-09-2009, 08:38 PM
They have to run the clock more so the bands can have their hour long halftime show that no one watches

cameron91
10-09-2009, 08:50 PM
:iagree: halftime , seems like it was longer then the first half ..:D

lets go snakes...........

hemo.. i'm pullin for you...

yoe64
10-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Hornet defense really stepping up in this one. Hildreth fumbled the snap on 4th, picks it up surprised by a host of orange shirts. Hornet ball.

Kysan Woolverton "Mountain" my new nickname for him LOL almost breaks off a run but stumbles over his own lineman.

cameron91
10-09-2009, 09:16 PM
this caldwell d..:2thumbsup

two thing I have learn about caldwell tonight.

1. they have a solid D..just WOW..
2. YOU CANT BEAT CALDWELL ON A WET FIELD..:D

d0tc0m
10-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Man this one sounds like a good game! Will Caldwell likely go D1 or D2?

yoe64
10-09-2009, 09:18 PM
hornet d recover yet another fumble, knockin on the door at the 3.
4 minutes left.

yoe64
10-09-2009, 09:21 PM
TOUCHDOWN kysan woolverton mountain!
Hornets up 14-0 under 4mins left

yoe64
10-09-2009, 09:27 PM
FINAL
Hornets knock off #5 Navasota Rattlers 14-0

Ranger Mom
10-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by yoe64
FINAL
Hornets knock off #5 Navasota Rattlers 14-0

Wow...that game is over and AW and BW are just NOW starting the 2nd half!!!

yoe64
10-09-2009, 09:28 PM
yeah the 1st half was 45 MINUTES!

cameron91
10-09-2009, 09:29 PM
:fnypost: I've been saying that the whole time. I guess they didn't have too many drop balls..:D

yoe64
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Fantastic game, hornet D really stepped up forced turnovers just an amazing job. Plus that running game helped a little LOL

Caldwell_Raider
10-09-2009, 09:32 PM
WOO, congrats Caldwell! Sounded like a great great game! Wish I could of made it!

This def. makes my night a lot better!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :) :)

Global Swarming
10-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Caldwell totally dominated tonight on offense and defense. If it wasn't for Hildreth, they wouldn't have had 30 total yards probably. I guess we'll all hear about the muddy field and how that was the only way we could have won. The navasota passing game was non- existant. The only way they could gain any yards was when Hildreth would run the quarterback draw. The last 2 games was the best this defense has played in a long time. Off week next week and then it's time to get ready for a battle with Rockdale.

j_dog
10-09-2009, 10:50 PM
This was a surprise to me for sure. Guess I have not paid enough attention to Caldwell.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Navasota Caldwell
First Downs - FD 7 17
Passing - COMP 7 0
Passing - ATT 10 2
Passing - YDS 34 0
Rushing - ATT 33 53
Rushing - YDS 69 261
Rushing - TD 0 2
Interceptions - INT 0 0
Punts - PUNTS 4 4
Punts - PAVG 40.00 30.00
Fumbles - FUMB 2 1
Fumbles - LOST 1 1
Penalties - PEN 2 2
Penalties - YDS 25 15

cameron91
10-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Global- wet field , dry field , slanted field , holy field , upside down field..it didn't matter. when a defense play like they way the did last night .that just old fashion butt kicken..

job well done..:2thumbsup

Global Swarming
10-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Yep I agree. I was surprised how easy it seemed to be. I do believe that the wet field slowed took some of their speed away. But we were just ready to play. I was surprised that they had quite a few empty seats on the visitors side. I was expecting standing room only. I guess the weather kept alot of them away.

navscanmaster
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
There aren't any excuses. They just got their butts whipped and decided to take it. Our defense played very well for being on the field three quarters. Holding Caldwell to 14 points is nothing to be ashamed of. Caldwell had one good TD drive and the second drive was after a fumble at the Rattler 25. However, our offense was just not prepared nor willing to make adjustments to Caldwell's blitz package. Sure the wet field slowed us down some, but we would not have had a chance on a dry field with the lack of offensive line play the Rattlers showed tonight. They stunk it up big. Our backs ran hard as always, but were being swarmed (pun intended) on every play.

Bottom line here, I have been preaching to those who wanted to say that Navasota's offense was spectacular that it is our defense that is going to carry us along this year. Unless Coach Fedora gets the pressure off of Kye Hildreth somehow, you will see more of this in the coming weeks.

HEMOTOXIC
10-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Navascan said it all. Great job Hornets! Caldwell came in with a great game plan.

cntdwn
10-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Your post shows a lot of integrity. The loss will be good for the Rattlers in the long run. Only minor adjustments are needed. Good luck, and don't take M'ville for granted.

Global Swarming
10-10-2009, 12:13 AM
I believe they have Rockdale next week.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2009, 01:39 AM
I thought this matchup favored Caldwell, predicted this a few weeks ago. Did the weather play a huge role in Navasota's passing game?

OldBison75
10-10-2009, 07:41 AM
NO EXCUSES----Caldwell dominated the line of scrimmage on the offense and defense and deserved to win. Navasota's defense played admirable, but was on the field all night. The Hornets played harder, were more intense, and just took it to us. We gor outcoached, out played, and flat out whipped.

Congratulations to Caldwell and than God there were no injuries.

HornetMom
10-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Congrats to the Hornets. This game was one of the best I have seen them play in a while. Hornets came out to play and play they did. Good luck to the Rattlers next week against Rockdale.

cntdwn
10-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Newspaper, TV coverage of Hornets' shocker:

http://www.brazossports.com/football/Caldwell-slows-Navasota--wins-14-0

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/63913067.html

ProudHornetMom
10-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Congratulations Hornets on a great game and win. It was an amazing night. The radio announcers were behind us and one kept saying "This is unbelievable" throught out the game. We believed in the Hornets and know that if we stay with our game plan, we will do fine. Offensively, defensively and special teams all gelled well and the team knew they had to take the challenge of the Rattlers head on and they did. The Hornets are a well-coached, disciplined and conditioned team. We don't have the size or speed of most our opponents...but we know how to execute our game plan and find ways to win. It has been much fun watching our defense become the beasts they are.

Old Bison, I'm with you...thankful there were no injuries.

Hornets - We are so proud of you!

Navasota - We wish you the best with the rest of the season.

zebrablue2
10-10-2009, 11:27 AM
congrats to the hornets. that is one BIG district win. this machine is only getting stronger as the season goes along.:2thumbsup:

Global Swarming
10-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Navasota just looked flat last night. Having an off week can be bad sometimes. Honestly though, we were not going to be beat last night. We played the best all around games the last 2 weeks. We have an off week and I sure hope that it doesn't affect us the same way it did against Madisonville. I just wonder were all the Rockdale posters are who were talking trash all week about how bad we were going to lose?

OldBison75
10-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Global, Navasota may have looked flat last night, but the fact of the matter is that Caldwell made them look kinda flat. Caldwell dominated both side of the line and thier intensity and determination would have made alot of good teams look bad. My take was the game would have been a little closer on a dry field, but I don't know if the winner would have been any different. It would have helped the Rattler passing game, but Hildreth did not have time to take a breath before he was running for his life all night. Your guys were in our backfield all night and that is a credit to your team and coaches for developing a strategy and executing it. If you match that performance from here on out, you guys will see a lot of playoff games this year.

Global Swarming
10-10-2009, 11:55 AM
I hope your right about seeing alot of play-off time. We haven't made it past the second round for as long as I can remember. I was surprisedat how much pressure that we were able to get on Hildreth last night. Those huge offensive linemen were not a factor at all last night.

ProudHornetMom
10-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Global, Navasota may have looked flat last night, but the fact of the matter is that Caldwell made them look kinda flat. Caldwell dominated both side of the line and thier intensity and determination would have made alot of good teams look bad. My take was the game would have been a little closer on a dry field, but I don't know if the winner would have been any different. It would have helped the Rattler passing game, but Hildreth did not have time to take a breath before he was running for his life all night. Your guys were in our backfield all night and that is a credit to your team and coaches for developing a strategy and executing it. If you match that performance from here on out, you guys will see a lot of playoff games this year.

Thanks Old Bison.

ProudHornetMom
10-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
congrats to the hornets. that is one BIG district win. this machine is only getting stronger as the season goes along.:2thumbsup:

Thanks ZB2! It was a big district win. Now an off week which we all dread and then we play Rockdale. That will be a big game as well.

pirate4state
10-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Congrats to Caldwell!!

ProudHornetMom
10-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Thanks P4S!

navscanmaster
10-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I am still a little miffed, and the Aggies sure didn't help me out any. This means the Cowboys/Texans are my only hope to salvage a weekend.

On a separate note, I now see one of the downsides to practicing and playing on artificial turf. Those big heavy offensive lineman on the Rattlers team couldn't seem to get their feet unstuck from the mud last night.:devil: :doh: ;)

Yoe_09
10-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Navasota- Caldwell totally was controlling the game. Navasota has some stops on defense but it was not near enough. The offense seemed like if was running 3 plays the whole game. They were trying to run the Qb to much. I give them credit, they did operate a little better than the "blue crew" trying to get t-shirts in the stands.

Caldwell- Good job of just controlling the whole game. I do think the wet field did help you out once again but this time it didnt really matter.

cntdwn
10-11-2009, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Navasota- Caldwell totally was controlling the game. Navasota has some stops on defense but it was not near enough. The offense seemed like if was running 3 plays the whole game. They were trying to run the Qb to much. I give them credit, they did operate a little better than the "blue crew" trying to get t-shirts in the stands.

Caldwell- Good job of just controlling the whole game. I do think the wet field did help you out once again but this time it didnt really matter.

I guess we all know whose side you were screaming on.

navscanmaster
10-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
I guess we all know whose side you were screaming on.

Settle down. Refer to this thread. (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98817)

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2009, 09:37 AM
Many congrats to the Hornets on the win! :clap: :clap:

And I have no doubt that the Rattlers are a force to be reckoned with! :cheerl:

ProudHornetMom
10-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks LHPM and no doubt the Rattlers will regroup, refocus and be dangerous the rest of the season.

Superbacker 00'
10-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Good job caldwell you played hard in the swamp and if you could score in that we have no excuse but bad play. The most important thing is we are humbled by this loss and feel the pain of defeat.... if this doesnt encourge big blue to buckle their chin straps and get ready for the war thats gonna be fought for the rest of the season then nothing will!!!!!!!!!..............

with that said Love them rattlers wooo!

UPanIN
10-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Congrats to Caldwell.

GO RATTLERS!

ProudHornetMom
10-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks Superbacker and UP.

I have no doubt the Rattlers will be a force to reckon with the rest of the season.

Is it the Pampa coach who is known for his motto of "Next Play"? That the next play is the most important one....you can't do anything about the last play but learn from it and move on to the next play. That's where both Navasota and Caldwell are right now. Both teams are now focused on the next game...Rockdale. The rattlers host them at home on Friday, we are off...and then go play them in Rockdale. It's "next play" time.

venomous tat2
10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Thanks Superbacker and UP.

I have no doubt the Rattlers will be a force to reckon with the rest of the season.

Is it the Pampa coach who is known for his motto of "Next Play"? That the next play is the most important one....you can't do anything about the last play but learn from it and move on to the next play. That's where both Navasota and Caldwell are right now. Both teams are now focused on the next game...Rockdale. The rattlers host them at home on Friday, we are off...and then go play them in Rockdale. It's "next play" time.

So are we gonna see the Caldwell faithful at the game fri ?

Global Swarming
10-12-2009, 10:22 AM
I plan on being there. I'll have to find a place where I can watch the game from my wheel chair.

trojandad
10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
did I hear corrrectly that navasota has 3 home games? was the caldwell game a home game for the rattlers?

when we lost to sealy in the state semis in 96 we had 3 home games that year if memory serves me, so they can go a long way with that schedule if they're up to it.....

OldBison75
10-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes, Navasota has only 3 home games. They have already played Rudder at home and have Rockdale this week. The last home game will be Cameron Yoe. The Caldwell game was in Caldwell.

The Rattlers had thier eyes opened this past week and the coaching staff has to make some better adjustments to counter the blitz, but they will be okay.

Daddy D 11
10-12-2009, 12:43 PM
This was why I was saying that in my opinion the jury was still out on Navasota, and that's why I had them alot lower in my polls than others.

navscanmaster
10-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
This was why I was saying that in my opinion the jury was still out on Navasota, and that's why I had them alot lower in my polls than others.

What will you say if Navasota beats Rockdale? What if they beat them soundly? I am starting to think you don't like us, not just stirring the pot anymore, baby boy 11.:D

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
What will you say if Navasota beats Rockdale? What if they beat them soundly? I am starting to think you don't like us, not just stirring the pot anymore, baby boy 11.:D

I said that he had something against Navasota a couple weeks ago. ;)

ProudHornetMom
10-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

He doesn't like Caldwell either. Maybe it's a D24 issue. ;)

zebrablue2
10-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
He doesn't like Caldwell either. Maybe it's a D24 issue. ;)

I think just an issue will cover it:D

OldBison75
10-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Since he can't brag about LH, he has to cut down everybody else. Too bad some of the other LH people can't reel him in. They are gonna get a bad reputation from him like some other love to hate teams.