PDA

View Full Version : Tricks for Pits (Pit Bulls that is!)

ronwx5x
10-09-2009, 12:57 PM
This is an old article from last June announcing a new program to "gentle" and train pit bulls and their young owners. There is a follow-up article in The Houston Chronicle this morning describing how successful the training has been. It is as much for the owners as for the dogs.

Sorry but I couldn't find today's article to share, but it goes a long way in explaining that maybe the "pit bull problem" is just as much a people problem as a dog breed problem. there is a waiting list to get in.

Tricks for Pits (http://www.hcphes.org/hcpress/press%20release%20pits%20june2009.htm)

big daddy russ
10-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Sounds like a great program. They really are great dogs if the owner raises them properly.

I know it's a touchy subject, but mine's been nothing but great. Non-aggressive to everyone except the squirrels who come and steal his food.

He's been great around our two-year-old godson and also friends and family who have stayed at our house even when we're not there. On the flip side, we take him for a 30-minute walk everyday and spend plenty of time around people and other dogs, so he's well-socialized and has plenty of exercize.