PDA

View Full Version : Former Texas A&M RB, Jorvorskie Lane, Commits To Roughnecks

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-07-2009, 11:48 PM
Former Texas A&M RB, Jorvorskie Lane, Commits To Roughnecks
The Odessa Roughnecks are excited to announce that following an official visit to the Permian Basin on Wednesday, October 7, that former Texas A&M University running back, Jorvorskie Lane, has signed a letter of intent to commit to the Odessa Roughnecks for the 2010 season.

Lane played tailback during his freshman through junior seasons and switched to fullback for his senior season while at Texas A&M University. Lane currently holds the school record for most career rushing touchdowns with 49. The Lufkin, Texas native played 10 of the 11 games during his freshman (’05) season at Texas A&M. During his freshman campaign, Lane rushed for over 100 yards twice including a season-best 139 yards on 22 carries against Oklahoma State. Overall, Lane finished 2005 with 595 rushing yards and nine touchdowns on 119 carries.

Lane set many records as a sophomore at Texas A&M in 2006. Lane would score at least one touchdown in the first 11 games of the season. Lane (6’0”, 272 lbs.) recorded a first down or a touchdown on 26 of 29 carries on third and fourth down carries. He additionally registered 127 rushing yards on 27 carries in a game versus Missouri and a career-high four touchdowns in a game against Louisiana-Lafayette. Overall, Lane rushed for 725 yards and set a school record with 19 rushing touchdowns that season.

“Jorvorskie is the key to helping the Roughnecks become a smash-mouth indoor football team in 2010. He obviously has NFL-caliber talent and we are thrilled to have him as part of the Odessa Roughnecks. He will play a big role next season.” stated Odessa Roughnecks Head Coach, Chris Williams.

As a junior in 2007, Lane was an important part of an Aggies team that finished the season 7-5 overall. Lane registered 15 total touchdowns and compiled at least 100 yards rushing three times in those seven wins. Lane completed the 2007 season with 780 yards rushing on 168 carries including 4.6 yards a carry and 16 touchdowns.

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/?u=roughnecksfootball&s=football&t=c

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-08-2009, 11:19 AM
C'mon I know someone has something to say about this.

Old Tiger
10-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
C'mon I know someone has something to say about this. What can you say that hasn't already been said?

SHSBulldog00
10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
When I read the Title I was thinking he was going to coach for the West Columbia Roughnecks.

But seeing he is playing football in West Texas I say good luck. They got a good one.

Daddy D 11
10-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Hopefully he guarantees some more wins while he's there, last time he went out to West Texas he guaranteed one. :doh:

navscanmaster
10-08-2009, 09:43 PM
The guy is a competitor, plain and simple. It is a shame his position is fading from use with the current offenses. If he could get his weight down and keep it at 260 or so, maybe, just maybe he could see time on short yardage downs for an NFL team somewhere. We can do without the crying jokes, see the first sentence in this post for why.

TheDOCTORdre
10-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I might have to make it out to watch the roughnecks play this year

injuredinmelee
10-09-2009, 07:34 AM
the line I found most humorous in the entire article....

He obviously has NFL-caliber talent

wellllllllllllll this says he doesnt...

The Odessa Roughnecks are excited to announce that following an official visit to the Permian Basin on Wednesday, October 7, that former Texas A&M University running back, Jorvorskie Lane, has signed a letter of intent to commit to the Odessa Roughnecks for the 2010 season.

zebrablue2
10-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
When I read the Title I was thinking he was going to coach for the West Columbia Roughnecks.

But seeing he is playing football in West Texas I say good luck. They got a good one.

x2 on the good luck to him!!

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
the article makes it sound like Lane commited to a college lol