PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Week 5 3ADL Player of the Week

Old Green
10-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Vote for the POTW who is most deserving for this weeks outstanding performance. All these young men had outstanding games.

Graham WR Dylan Fulford
7 catches for 159 yards and 3 TDS.

Sinton QB Josh Harrison
12 of 14 passing for 393 yds. 6 tds., 1 rushing td. and one 2 Pt. conversion

Somerset QB Stevie Joe Dorman
16 of 28 passing, 293 yds., 5 tds., brought his team back for victory over Navarro.

Somerset WR Jacob Hillyer
9 catches for 162 yds., and 2 tds.

Graham QB Case McCoy
21 of 35 passing for 369 yds., 6 tds. and amazing leadership on the field in a 49-48 thriller over Bridgeport.

Smithville QB Ace Fierro
16 of 22 passing for 350 yds. and 5tds. in win over Yoakum

SintonFan
10-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Wow!
Lots of good candidates there!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
10-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Wow!
Lots of good candidates there!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
no joke.. congrats to all the nominees:clap:

WTF-82
10-07-2009, 10:28 PM
We need to start seeing some kids from west texas make these list Monahans Junior Linebacker last week had 24 tackles 2 of them for a loss and a fumble recovery now thats MVP game.
Titus been putting up big numbers all year. Lobo Fullback rushes for 150+yards all year long and Monahans had 2 Def Ends that had major All State type games against Lakeview 2 weeks ago. Hey I am just saying why the byass voting here. Were the West Texas kids get them up here.

44INAROW
10-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
We need to start seeing some kids from west texas make these list Monahans Junior Linebacker last week had 24 tackles 2 of them for a loss and a fumble recovery now thats MVP game.
Titus been putting up big numbers all year. Lobo Fullback rushes for 150+yards all year long and Monahans had 2 Def Ends that had major All State type games against Lakeview 2 weeks ago. Hey I am just saying why the byass voting here. Were the West Texas kids get them up here.

they need to be nominated by someone- please get some stats and nominate someone next week..

SintonFan
10-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Vote for the POTW who is most deserving for this weeks outstanding performance. All these young men had outstanding games.

Graham WR Dylan Fulford
7 catches for 159 yards and 3 TDS.

Sinton QB Josh Harrison
12 of 14 passing for 393 yds. 6 tds., 1 rushing td. and one 2 Pt. conversion

Somerset QB Stevie Joe Dorman
16 of 28 passing, 293 yds., 5 tds., brought his team back for victory over Navarro.

Somerset WR Jacob Hillyer
9 catches for 162 yds., and 2 tds.

Graham QB Case McCoy
21 of 35 passing for 369 yds., 6 tds. and amazing leadership on the field in a 49-48 thriller over Bridgeport.

Smithville QB Ace Fierro
16 of 22 passing for 350 yds. and 5tds. in win over Yoakum

Well, Josh Harrison (look at the stats before I'm blasted "a homer") did have:
- 393 yards passing
- an 86% pass completion rate
- 32.75 yards per completion
- 28.02 yards per pass attempt
- a 50% Touchdown to completion rate
- a 43% Touchdown to pass attempt rate
- rushed for another Touchdown with his six TDs though the air
- had a 2 point conversion

Nice! :clap:

Gobbler Fan
10-07-2009, 10:38 PM
How about listing POW winners from the beginning of the season on a sticky ...maybe list their stats,team,region ?

Gobbla2001
10-07-2009, 10:39 PM
had to go with the Sinton guy, but everyone on this list had impressive nights...

had it narrowed down to the three QB's with over 350 yards... decided I wouldn't pick who had the most yards since they were all within 40 yards of each other... went with the completion percentage, so I voted for the Sinton guy... 85% completion percentage at almost 33 yards a pop... just awesome...

All of the other QBs on this list had PoTW stats, was the most loaded I've seen it on here... and hats off to the receivers, big nights for those guys as well...

Old Green
10-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Titus been putting up big numbers all year. Lobo Fullback rushes for 150+yards all year long and Monahans had 2 Def Ends that had major All State type games against Lakeview 2 weeks ago. Hey I am just saying why the byass voting here. Were the West Texas kids get them up here. Nominations are made by you the posters each week. Nominations begin on Saturday evening and are taken till 10:00pm Tuesday night. The top ten performances are then put to a poll.

By the way, those are very impressive stats for defensive player. I wish we would have had someone nominate him.

Gobbla2001
10-07-2009, 10:45 PM
And I thought about voting for the Somerset guy, because how often does someone from Somerset get into the voting? But then, as always, I thought of Summer Sausage (I do every time I hear 'Somerset), and the thought of that random-ass peppercorn being in there and screwing everything up came to mind... no go for Somerset kid, sorry... move to Kermit or something and I'd vote for you, frogs don't bother me...

WTF-82
10-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Nominations are made by you the posters each week. Nominations begin on Saturday evening and are taken till 10:00pm Tuesday night. The top ten performances are then put to a poll.

By the way, those are very impressive stats for defensive player. I wish we would have had someone nominate him.

Thanks for the info I will try and keep up with west texas teams and help nominate them. I fill bad wish I would of done this before. But yeah the kid that had the 24 tackles that was impressive specially from a kid that moved to the LB position just this year, last year he was in the Secondary as a Soph.

Snyder_TigerFan
10-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
How about listing POW winners from the beginning of the season on a sticky ...maybe list their stats,team,region ? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pirate4state
10-08-2009, 08:52 AM
When does voting end?

Originally posted by Gobbla2001
...and hats off to the receivers, big nights for those guys as well...

Jeremy Laws had 3 catches; 3 TDs; 210 yards.

Old Green
10-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Should end sometime Friday evening. Have it set to close in 3 days.

Move The Chains
10-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I voted for Harrison because he was on the poll, but OMG at the Lb from Monahans. 24 tackles? 2 for loss and a Fumble Recovery?

Wow, just wow.

westtxfballfan
10-08-2009, 04:45 PM
The Monahans kid is named Robledo, has been very productive every week, and is getting a lot of chances as he plays the opposite side of Head Coach Owens' DE son, who is pre-season all state selection. The junior LB is limiting the success of running away from the strong side by cleaning up on the weak side. Very good year so far.

http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/monahans-4731-defense-robledo.html

Football: Robledo quietly makes huge plays for Monahans defense
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
October 05, 2009 9:12 PM
BY WILLIE BANS
The Monahans defense is a machine. That’s what Fort Stockton head coach Rex Whitfield said after the Loboes beat his team 28-6 Friday.

If Whitfield’s comparison is true, and the way the unit is playing it sometimes seems so, then junior weakside linebacker Ricky Robledo is performing like the machine’s most important part.

For Robledo, the explanation of his approach to the position sounds like it came from the instructional manual of Monahans’ multiple eight-man front defense.

“I just do what I’m told to do and showed to do against this team,” Robledo said, “and listen to the coaches and do what I’m told to do and play the game.”

Though a minimalist with words, Robledo is no robot.

There is nothing one could design to make 24 tackles, two for loss, like Robledo did Friday.

The 24 are the most Loboes head coach Mickey Owens has seen in a game in his five-year tenure, and Robledo’s 70 tackles through five games are tops at this point in the season in the Owens era.

“He’s one of those guys, when you watch him, you think he’s not that fast,” Owens said. “He’s 190, 195 (pounds), but not that fast, not that flashy. You don’t notice during the game that he had a great game, but on film he’s around the ball every time.”

It is not automatic for Robledo, not by a stretch. There are others he relies on to give him space to roam. But the way Friday night went, it is as if there is a switch turned on and little else going on other than see runner, tackle runner.

“It didn’t really feel like I made a lot,” Robledo said. “It felt like I was around the pile sometimes … I made quite a few, but it didn’t feel like that much.”

If others are doing their jobs, Robledo having a standout performance should be the norm, linebackers coach Mickey Mitchell said.

It is the way the defensive schemes are often designed.

“Any time you’re successful in our defense, the down people have a lot to do with that,” Mitchell said. “That’s their job to get the offensive linemen off the ‘Willie’ linebacker.

“We have a great front four. That’s (Robledo’s) job, to make tackles.”

Robledo realizes he benefits from those front four. He can see it as a play is developing, in those seconds between the snap and the handoff and his pursuit of the ball carrier.

“As I’m playing, I do see it,” he said. “Some plays they might not get them all and a couple of linemen come and block me. Most of time I’m free and no one’s trying to block me. I just make my reads and come to the ball.”

And, as Mitchell put it, “very rarely do you fool him.”

Despite his effort in helping limit Fort Stockton to 172 rushing yards on their 37 attempts and his fumble recovery, Robledo said this wasn’t his best game this season. That was, according to Robledo, his 15-tackle performance against Midland Christian in the season opener.

But that game didn’t elicit a reaction from his team the way Friday’s game did.

“That Saturday morning when I walked in, everybody’s just looking at me,” Robledo said. “They said, ‘You got 24 tackles.’ I was just like, ‘Wow.’ … I can’t believe it, really.”

>> THE BASICS

Ricky Robledo

School: Monahans.

Height: 6-foot-1.

Weight: 195 pounds.

Class: Junior.

Position: Weakside linebacker.

Favorite athlete: Adrian Peterson.

Favorite food: Hamburger.

Highlights: Robledo had 24 tackles, two tackles for loss and a fumble recovery in a win over Fort Stockton.

95mustang
10-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by westtxfballfan
The Monahans kid is named Robledo, has been very productive every week, and is getting a lot of chances as he plays the opposite side of Head Coach Owens' DE son, who is pre-season all state selection. The junior LB is limiting the success of running away from the strong side by cleaning up on the weak side. Very good year so far.

http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/monahans-4731-defense-robledo.html

Football: Robledo quietly makes huge plays for Monahans defense
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
October 05, 2009 9:12 PM
BY WILLIE BANS
The Monahans defense is a machine. That’s what Fort Stockton head coach Rex Whitfield said after the Loboes beat his team 28-6 Friday.

If Whitfield’s comparison is true, and the way the unit is playing it sometimes seems so, then junior weakside linebacker Ricky Robledo is performing like the machine’s most important part.

For Robledo, the explanation of his approach to the position sounds like it came from the instructional manual of Monahans’ multiple eight-man front defense.

“I just do what I’m told to do and showed to do against this team,” Robledo said, “and listen to the coaches and do what I’m told to do and play the game.”

Though a minimalist with words, Robledo is no robot.

There is nothing one could design to make 24 tackles, two for loss, like Robledo did Friday.

The 24 are the most Loboes head coach Mickey Owens has seen in a game in his five-year tenure, and Robledo’s 70 tackles through five games are tops at this point in the season in the Owens era.

“He’s one of those guys, when you watch him, you think he’s not that fast,” Owens said. “He’s 190, 195 (pounds), but not that fast, not that flashy. You don’t notice during the game that he had a great game, but on film he’s around the ball every time.”

It is not automatic for Robledo, not by a stretch. There are others he relies on to give him space to roam. But the way Friday night went, it is as if there is a switch turned on and little else going on other than see runner, tackle runner.

“It didn’t really feel like I made a lot,” Robledo said. “It felt like I was around the pile sometimes … I made quite a few, but it didn’t feel like that much.”

If others are doing their jobs, Robledo having a standout performance should be the norm, linebackers coach Mickey Mitchell said.

It is the way the defensive schemes are often designed.

“Any time you’re successful in our defense, the down people have a lot to do with that,” Mitchell said. “That’s their job to get the offensive linemen off the ‘Willie’ linebacker.

“We have a great front four. That’s (Robledo’s) job, to make tackles.”

Robledo realizes he benefits from those front four. He can see it as a play is developing, in those seconds between the snap and the handoff and his pursuit of the ball carrier.

“As I’m playing, I do see it,” he said. “Some plays they might not get them all and a couple of linemen come and block me. Most of time I’m free and no one’s trying to block me. I just make my reads and come to the ball.”

And, as Mitchell put it, “very rarely do you fool him.”

Despite his effort in helping limit Fort Stockton to 172 rushing yards on their 37 attempts and his fumble recovery, Robledo said this wasn’t his best game this season. That was, according to Robledo, his 15-tackle performance against Midland Christian in the season opener.

But that game didn’t elicit a reaction from his team the way Friday’s game did.

“That Saturday morning when I walked in, everybody’s just looking at me,” Robledo said. “They said, ‘You got 24 tackles.’ I was just like, ‘Wow.’ … I can’t believe it, really.”

>> THE BASICS

Ricky Robledo

School: Monahans.

Height: 6-foot-1.

Weight: 195 pounds.

Class: Junior.

Position: Weakside linebacker.

Favorite athlete: Adrian Peterson.

Favorite food: Hamburger.

Highlights: Robledo had 24 tackles, two tackles for loss and a fumble recovery in a win over Fort Stockton.

Sounds like a very humble young man. Cudos to him and his coaching staff.

STANG RED
10-10-2009, 01:04 AM
As amazing as some of these stats are, they are not the entire story that should be considered when voting. I'd like to see who they put those stats up against as well, and whats the other teams record. If a kid has huge stats against a very weak team, does it really warrent POW honors? Another kid could have only 1/2 the stats, but against a very strong team, and be much more deserving of the honor. Why not make the nomination process include all of the relevant info that should be considered?

giddings4life88
10-10-2009, 04:44 AM
Forgot to add the Ace Fierro had 81 yards rushing and 2 TDs on the ground. Even more impressive, he won the DCTF Player of the week.

Week 5 Winner: Smithville QB Ace Fierro

Smithville quarterback Ace Fierro couldn't play much better than he did last Friday in a 56-37 win over Yoakum.

Not only did Fierro pass for 346 yards and five touchdowns, but he did it while only attempting 22 total passes (16 of which were completions.

Not only did Fierro run for 81 yards and two touchdowns, but he did it on only 13 rushing attempts.

For his efforts, Fierro is Texas Football's Player of the Week. His performance stood out on a week when huge statistics were posted around the state.

Fierro had TD passes of 42, 28, 44, 75 and 26 yards. For the season, he has passed for 832 yards and 12 touchdowns with only four interceptions.

Old Green
10-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Congrats to Josh Harrison for being voted 3ADL POTW.

Old Green
10-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Remember to nominate a derserving player who had an outstanding game performance in week 5. I will put up a stickie this evening for nominations. Nominations will be taken till 10:00 pm Tuesday night. They can offensive or defensive players and please list the players stats. Top 10 players will then be put to a poll.