PDA

View Full Version : Youth Co-ed Football Dispute...

Bullaholic
10-06-2009, 10:04 PM
O.k., what would you do if you were a coach on either side in this situation?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/21218538/detail.html

Matthew328
10-06-2009, 10:10 PM
girls shouldn't play football against boys, if boys tried to play girls sports it'd be an uproar.

In HS it becomes a schematic disadvantage to have a girl...Mineral Wells has a girl kicker...she had a kick blocked..she was in position to tackle a player from the other team but basically she got out of the way and the other team ran it in for two...LOL then she freaked out and got a penalty...LOL

Ranger Mom
10-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Greenwood had a girl kicker when I first started watching them play.

Rabid Cougar
10-06-2009, 10:25 PM
I've seen some "girls" play peewee football during my 12 years of coaching. I would not have minded to have one or two of them on my teams. I have yet to see that transition into Jr. High or High school though.

I think the parents need to take a pill. The parents are wrong in this case.

Emerson1
10-06-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I've seen some "girls" play peewee football during my 12 years of coaching. I would not have minded to have one or two of them on my teams. I have yet to see that transition into Jr. High or High school though.

At that age they will probably be better then most boys anyways.

swstangs001
10-06-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

when i was in middle school i played against a couple of girls, i cant remeber what town towns they were from but they were both linemen

coach
10-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
when i was in middle school i played against a couple of girls, i cant remeber what town towns they were from but they were both linemen

did one of them play center?

carter08
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
wc had a girl play in jr high, if she had played in hs we would have won state.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by carter08
wc had a girl play in jr high, if she had played in hs we would have won state. LOL:clap:

Blastoderm55
10-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by coach
did one of them play center?

:doh:

carter08
10-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
LOL:clap:

remember her?

big as a train.

Move The Chains
10-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by carter08
remember her?

big as a train. Haha. Yea, I think I got tore up by her in practice a few times. She was massive.

Z-RO
10-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
girls shouldn't play football against boys, if boys tried to play girls sports it'd be an uproar.

In HS it becomes a schematic disadvantage to have a girl...Mineral Wells has a girl kicker...she had a kick blocked..she was in position to tackle a player from the other team but basically she got out of the way and the other team ran it in for two...LOL then she freaked out and got a penalty...LOL

I would have LOVED to have seen this.

hookandladder
10-07-2009, 06:13 AM
Girls should not be allowed to play football, plain and simple. Our freshmen played a team this year that had a girl, she was playing safety and looked scared to death back there and did not do anything but she got to play.

GrTigers6
10-07-2009, 06:22 AM
If your religion says you shouldn't be hit by boys then dont play. I don't know any coach that would agree to that request. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.:doh:

Matthew328
10-07-2009, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
I would have LOVED to have seen this.

It was highly amusing, the ball was literally a few inches from her but she had no desire to pick it up at all...so she got away and the other team just said thanks and scooped it up..LOL

The throwing her helmet off and throwing a tantrum on the sidelines was priceless also

pirate4state
10-07-2009, 09:39 AM
I didn't read the article, but I agree...girls should not play football.

marler1972
10-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

I have never seen anything that says Football is a boys sport. Maybe it sould say Boys Football?

I have also know one girl that could play football with the boys and would not be scared but her dad would not allow it.

Move The Chains
10-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by marler1972
I have never seen anything that says Football is a boys sport. Maybe it sould say Boys Football?

I have also know one girl that could play football with the boys and would not be scared but her dad would not allow it. They just don't belong on the field with boys. Athletically, it's too big of a risk and the boys just kinda go soft around the girl(s) afraid to hit her.

turbostud
10-07-2009, 09:59 AM
"That really hurt my feelings," she said of the other team's refusal to play against a girl."

There's no crying in football. :kiss: