PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport @ Burkburnett

Bullaholic
10-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Burk has another pretty good team this year, and this game could have some real 5-3A title implications right out of the gate. I think the Bulls found their "O" against Graham last week and win this one by 7 in the Bulldog's house.

Keith7
10-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Burkburnett by 21

Bullaholic
10-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Burkburnett by 21

You'll have to try a lot harder than this to get my goat, Keith....

wtfootball
10-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Burkburnett by 4 TD's unless Bridgeport brings there famous good ole boys in the stiped shirts.

firstdown
10-06-2009, 07:36 PM
burk by 21

BurkFan
10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Well let's see Bullaholic...I gotta go Burk wins 14-13 on a blocked PAT? Nah Burk wins 14-13. We score two TDs and Bridgeport scores a TD and two FG's. :)

grahampaw
10-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Im guessing but I will say Bulls 35-27

MamaBull
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by wtfootball
Burkburnett by 4 TD's unless Bridgeport brings there famous good ole boys in the stiped shirts. stiped?

blaster
10-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Bulls 27
Burk 21

Bullaholic
10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Burkburnett by 4 TD's unless Bridgeport brings there famous good ole boys in the stiped shirts.

Why, ***---what a surprise---always so nice to hear from you. You still taking those Dale Carnegie courses?

GreenMonster
10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You still taking those Dale Carnegie courses?

Ha Ha "How to Win Friends and Influence People" what a great book. I'm going with da' Bulls 35-7. I think the dogs have a tough time covering the aerials. Tends to happen when you run the bone and all that your JV kids see year after year is triple option in practice. They just don't learn to cover as they grow up.

VWG
10-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Ha Ha "How to Win Friends and Influence People" what a great book. I'm going with da' Bulls 35-7. I think the dogs have a tough time covering the aerials. Tends to happen when you run the bone and all that your JV kids see year after year is triple option in practice. They just don't learn to cover as they grow up.

Good point. I think Burk can stop the run, their NT is a man among boys. State powerlifting champion.
Their secondary is suspect, and the way Burk can win this game is ball control. If they can run that option/sweep attack and eat the clock it will be in their favor.
If the Bulls can sling it around and get some things going then Burk will not be able to catch up.
I say the Bulls continue playing good offense and take Burk by two TD's.

wtfootball
10-06-2009, 11:16 PM
Why, ***---what a surprise---always so nice to hear from you. You still taking those Dale Carnegie courses?

Keith couldn't get your goat but I knew I could. haha
The truth stings like a red wasp on a hot day.
mamabull sorry for the spellilng but you are doing an outstanding job of spell check.

MamaBull
10-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Keith couldn't get your goat but I knew I could. haha
The truth stings like a red wasp on a hot day.
mamabull sorry for the spellilng but you are doing an outstanding job of spell check. THANKS!:D

Z-RO
10-07-2009, 12:52 AM
I think B-port is getting too much credit for their play in the Graham game. With that being said I still think B-port wins by 10-14 points

BurkFan
10-07-2009, 05:25 AM
Well let the aerials begin! I can see my son, a linebacker, with a pick or two in this game :)

Bullaholic
10-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by BurkFan
Well let the aerials begin! I can see my son, a linebacker, with a pick or two in this game :)

I'll wish your son well in all the other games, BurkFan, but I sure hope he doesn't come near the ball or a Bull runner Friday night. The 'Dogs will be on a choke chain come Friday night. :D

BTW--I like my steaks medium....:D

BullsFan
10-07-2009, 10:08 AM
The Bulls by a touchdown.

BurkFan
10-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Bullaholic...a choke chain? Look at the Bulls logo. I see a ring through that Bulls nose. I don't think that Bull is a modern-day emo bull with a "I hate my parents" mentality. I know what those rings are used for...Controlling Bulls! Friday the Bulls come to OUR ring...we will control them. :)

I like my steak medium rare...and none of that foo foo Heinz 57 sauce you Wise county peeps put on there. :)

Are you going to the game Friday?

Prospers Finest
10-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Bulls by a touchdown. 35-28

Bullaholic
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I like my steak medium rare...and none of that foo foo Heinz 57 sauce you Wise county peeps put on there. :)

Are you going to the game Friday?

I don't care what you want to provide me to put on my steak BurkFan--all I need is what time, directions to your house, and possibly a bottle opener, if needed. :D

And the answer to your question about my going to the game---

Does a bear.......?
Does a picket fence?
Does Superman wear a cape?

You will recognize me when I get there---I am borne in a golden chair-lift with a golden-horned Bull's head on the front by 4 bearers and rose petals are scattered at my feet when I go into the stands. :D

BTW- the Bulls are going to give a brand new definition to the term 'dog pound' on Friday night....:D

BullsFan
10-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Final score: 50-23, Bridgeport wins. I was never so happy to be wrong about a prediction as I was tonight.

Two of our late scores came after one of our defensive players intercepted twice within a matter of minutes. I love seeing defense making big plays. Well, I love seeing our defense making big plays. ;)

Some silly mistakes on the refs' part. Burk has 3rd and 5, they fumble and recover with a 4 yard loss, and then they have 3rd and 9. That's a GREAT fumble that earns you an extra down!

wtfootball
10-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Man I understand I could tell you some stories about some calls some refs made in a playoff game last year that sent the wrong team forward................

firstdown
10-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Congrats on a solid win.

SOONER09
10-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Man I understand I could tell you some stories about some calls some refs made in a playoff game last year that sent the wrong team forward................ :doh: :doh: :doh:

Bullaholic
10-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Da Bulls went up to Burk and put together another good effort by both units and beat a game Burk team. Best of luck to the Bulldogs for the rest of the season. The Bull "O' was given a short field several times thanks to 3 picks and drove the field numerous times with a very effective running game augmented by some key throws. With a 48-point performance against Graham and 50-points against Burk, I think the Bull "O" is beginning to hit stride, but it is also largely do to the "D" rising up and forcing punts to give them many scoring opportunities.

Go Bulls!

BurkFan
10-10-2009, 09:41 AM
We self-destructed and got our booties whooped! Seems to be our trend this year.

Bullaholic
10-10-2009, 10:07 AM
We self-destructed and got our booties whooped! Seems to be our trend this year.

I hear you, BurkFan---you see that '4' in our 2-4? It's there partially because of a lot of self-destruction against some really good teams this year. Sorry I missed you at the game---I caught a ride with some of my fellow Bridgeport businessmen and they fly low and fast when going to out of town games so I didn't have a minute to spare, and I was too lazy to walk across at halftime. :D I wish your son and the rest of the Bulldogs the best of luck for the rest of the season---I hope he has fun, and has an injury-free and fun varsity playing experience , regardless of the W-L column.

BurkFan
10-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Thank you very much. Hope the Bulls keep up the good work too. It's a fun game!

LE Dad
10-10-2009, 10:18 AM
:thumbsup: way to go Bulls !:clap: :clap:

BullsFan
10-10-2009, 10:25 AM

Like Bullaholic said, we've seen that happen more than once. And man is it hard--sometimes the momentum works for you, and sometimes it doesn't. And when it doesn't, watching mistake after mistake just about kills you. BELIEVE ME, we've seen that too. But your boys never gave up and stayed in it til the last second, and I think that says a lot about you guys. Best of luck for the rest of the season!

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2009, 11:54 AM
the hardest part of watching this game was that Bullsfan and her uppity cousin had to ride with me to the game.

*ducks out of the way*

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2009, 11:57 AM

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

You mentioned you do this to get a rise out of us... DUDE. It is almost a year later and you are obsessing about a game that was "stolen" from you. You go out of your way to post in threads about it.

Rise out of us? Don't think that rise will ever leave you.

Wow.

BurkFan
10-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I know right!? And I know neither of them. Funny how things seem to work out.

QUOTE]the hardest part of watching this game was that Bullsfan and her uppity cousin had to ride with me to the game.[/QUOTE]

slpybear the bullfan
10-10-2009, 12:00 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
[B]the hardest part of watching this game was that Bullsfan and her uppity cousin had to ride with me to the game.

LOL... notice I did duck after I said it!

That was another good ballgame. I don't recall any serious injuries and both teams showed a lot of respect for each other after the game.

BullsFan
10-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
the hardest part of watching this game was that Bullsfan and her uppity cousin had to ride with me to the game.

*ducks out of the way*

Lucky for you I can only get my computer to log onto the 3ADL about one out of every five days lately. (And by the way, is it my computer that causes that? My wireless? My ISP?)

Speaking of Bullsfan, you should count yourself lucky you were sitting behind me and not in front of me. I'm betting those poor people still can't hear properly.

Et tu, Burkfan??? Man, that's just cold!! lol

slpybear the bullfan
10-12-2009, 12:19 AM
It is our ISP Bullsfan... it screws up trying to log into this site.

Inmateboss
10-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
I think B-port is getting too much credit for their play in the Graham game. With that being said I still think B-port wins by 10-14 points

B-port earns all their credit!!!! B-port by 14+ Go get ya some!!!

lostaussie
10-14-2009, 08:24 PM

Does a bear.......?
Does a picket fence?
Does Superman wear a cape?
I'm gonna take that as a yes:D

Dawg Dad
10-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Burk has too many athletes. Burk by 14

thelegend02
10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
They played last week. Bridgeport won 50 -23

Inmateboss
10-15-2009, 06:03 PM
B-Port has a good Ball Club, and good fan support---BPort by 17

wtfootball
10-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Bridgeport rolls until they fall in an embarassing showing to the dominant Loboes in the playoffs. Come on Bridgeport, keep winning.