PDA

View Full Version : Trouble for former BROWNWOOD/Early Player

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 05:36 PM
By Suzanne Halliburton | Tuesday, October 6, 2009, 03:33 PM

An arrest warrant has been issued for Longhorn freshman defensive back Kenny Vaccaro for misdemeanor assault, following an alleged fight he had with a UT student during a pick-up basketball game.

According to an arrest affidavit, Vaccaro and Jonathon Fuhrman were involved in a fight, Sept. 20, when both were playing basketball at Gregory Gym.

Fuhrman, who is identified as a UT student, told police Vaccaro and his friends were throwing basketballs at him. The affidavit said Fuhrman threw a basketball back at Vaccaro, hitting him in the head.

Fuhrman said Vaccaro then punched him in the face. The affidavit stated that Fuhrman, when he was interviewed by police, had blood coming from a cut lip.

Vaccaro told police that Fuhrman “was always on the court trying to start a fight.” Vaccaro said he threw a punch after the ball Fuhrman threw hit him in the ear.

Fuhrman told police there were witnesses, but said that none would come forward “because they are scared of football players.”

Texas coach Mack Brown could not immediately be reached for comment.

Vaccaro has made nine tackles for the Longhorns as a special teams player and in the secondary.

The charge is a Class A misdemeanor.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/index.html

The bold text his hilarious sounding.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Why's Brownwood in all caps? Did you keyboard spaz out?

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Why's Brownwood in all caps? Did you keyboard spaz out? because they are a 3A team and relevant to this 3A board? :thinking:

Looking4number8
10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I saw on his facebook this morning something about his day including "court", I talked to his momma about 10 AM and mentioned it and she had no idea what I was talking about... Uh Oh... She is gonna be pissed and you have never seen pissed until you have seen a momma Vacccaro pissed!!!!

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 06:09 PM
This is a crazy story. If someone hits you in the head with something, you have every right to defend yourself and any jury will see that. Why was the other guy not charged with assault for hitting the football player with a weapon (basketball)?

If this same incident had happened to someone not associated with the football team--it would have been ignored.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This is a crazy story. If someone hits you in the head with something, you have every right to defend yourself and any jury will see that.

Hello? Vacarro and a group of buddies had been throwing balls at this guy for a while. Then he throws one ball back at Vacarro and Vacarro pops him in the face?

Hmmm:thinking:

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 06:20 PM
But the point is, he said nothing about a ball ever hitting him. He did admit to hitting Vaccarro in the head with a ball. That is an admission to assault, with a weapon by Texas law. No mention of any charges against him. But only he says that Vaccarro hit him with his fist.

Z-RO
10-06-2009, 06:24 PM
I bet nothing comes of this,

swstangs001
10-06-2009, 06:29 PM
don't let your kids go to Texas...the football team strikes fear in the heart of all other students:rolleyes:

Emerson1
10-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Fuhrman sounds like a wussy

Looking4number8
10-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Fuhrman sounds like a wussy

I wonder if this Fuhrman is kin to OJ's Fuhrman?

Looking4number8
10-06-2009, 08:40 PM
ok, got the downlow now. The other kid is calling all the newspapers and tv stations trying to get publicity. It was a nothing fight between kids and the kid is making a huge deal out of it. Lots of wittnesses going Kenny's way and charges will now be filled against the Fuhrman kid also

I am not saying Kenny should ever throw a punch, just that he was prevolked and retaliated. Like someone else said, if he did not play for UT nobody would have ever heard of this other than the kids that were in the gym at the time

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
ok, got the downlow now. The other kid is calling all the newspapers and tv stations trying to get publicity. It was a nothing fight between kids and the kid is making a huge deal out of it. Lots of wittnesses going Kenny's way and charges will now be filled against the Fuhrman kid also

I am not saying Kenny should ever throw a punch, just that he was prevolked and retaliated. Like someone else said, if he did not play for UT nobody would have ever heard of this other than the kids that were in the gym at the time If someone hit me in the face with a ball i'm swinging

95mustang
10-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
If someone hit me in the face with a ball i'm swinging

You aren't the only one.

wimbo_pro
10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
If someone hit me in the face with a ball i'm swinging

The only problem is....Vaccaro has the possibility (rather, potential) of making millions of dollars with his football talent. Allowing such typical "20-something" events to invoke a juvenile response that could jeopardize his future, his potential income...the income that could change his life for the good beyond anything we could possibly imagine...is proof of the statement "Youth is wasted on the young".

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
The only problem is....Vaccaro has the possibility (rather, potential) of making millions of dollars with his football talent. Allowing such typical "20-something" events to invoke a juvenile response that could jeopardize his future, his potential income...the income that could change his life for the good beyond anything we could possibly imagine...is proof of the statement "Youth is wasted on the young". Braylon Edwards is a guy making millions of dollars and he punched a guy. lol

wimbo_pro
10-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Braylon Edwards is a guy making millions of dollars and he punched a guy. lol

LOL...but notice it was AFTER he signed the multi-million dollar contract.

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 11:47 PM
LOL...but notice it was AFTER he signed the multi-million dollar contract. Well I'm sure PacMan was punching people in the faces long before he was in the league :D

wimbo_pro
10-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Well I'm sure PacMan was punching people in the faces long before he was in the league :D

You are right. Punch away. Drink it up. Shoot em up, cowboy. You will be the next PacMan!!!! Now THATs something to look forward to.

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 11:54 PM
You are right. Punch away. Drink it up. Shoot em up, cowboy. You will be the next PacMan!!!! Now THATs something to look forward to. MAKE IT RAIN!

wimbo_pro
10-07-2009, 12:01 AM
lol

Looking4number8
10-07-2009, 04:08 AM
The only problem is....Vaccaro has the possibility (rather, potential) of making millions of dollars with his football talent. Allowing such typical "20-something" events to invoke a juvenile response that could jeopardize his future, his potential income...the income that could change his life for the good beyond anything we could possibly imagine...is proof of the statement "Youth is wasted on the young".

Man I agree with that and his family does too. Kenny can be a great kid and is a great athlete but he MUST LEARN TO CONTROL HIS EMOTIONS AND ACTIONS!

Looks like this will all be o er soon but it should have never happened in the first place