PDA

View Full Version : Bullying---It's the Worst

Bullaholic
10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Bullying in our schools is epidemic. Anyone who has anything wrong with them are mercilessly singled out and bullied. I hope we can all do our share as parents, grandparents, and mentors to help stop bullying anytime we know it is happening before there is a tragic loss of a beautiful life as in the following story:

http://www.star-telegram.com/local/story/1659191.html?storylink=pluck_commented#

95mustang
10-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Tragic. It is unfortunate that the world is this way. God rest his sole. I pray for this young man, his family, friends, community, and the individuals that feel the need to prey on the disadvantaged.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Parents: Teach your kids to be the alpha male, not the nerd, and they will have no problems.

hsfootballfan
10-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Parents: Teach your kids to be the alpha male, not the nerd, and they will have no problems.

Teach your kids to be nice to nerds; one day they will end up working for one! ;)

(Saw that on a bumper sticker lol)

hsfootballfan
10-06-2009, 03:30 PM
On a more serious note, my prayers go out to this young man's family and friends, and also to the people who were the bullies in his life. I pray that they gain some understanding of how their words can affect someone and that they find some compassion and tolerance for those who may be different from them. After all, everyone is different from everyone else. Who are we to judge who is "normal" and who is "abnormal"?

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballfan
On a more serious note, my prayers go out to this young man's family and friends, and also to the people who were the bullies in his life. I pray that they gain some understanding of how their words can affect someone and that they find some compassion and tolerance for those who may be different from them. After all, everyone is different from everyone else. Who are we to judge who is "normal" and who is "abnormal"? Oops. I didn't even read the story. :doh: