PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant Grove vs Liberty Eylau

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Texarkana is getting ready for it's second grudge match of the year as 4-1 Pleasant Grove travels to Harris Field to take on the Leopards.

The Grove has played a softer schedule than LE, but they are a solid team that has several starters back from last years playoff team. They are able to put up points (avg 35) but are also being gashed for huge rushing yds and points.
The Hawks defence is young and LE is by far the most potent offense they have faced.

Liberty Eylau has played a monster schedule, including #1 Gilmer. The Leopards are avg 328 yds rushing and 28 points/game. Turnovers have been a big issue for the Leopards but in their last game against Paris they seemed to do a slightly better job hanging onto the ball.

This game will go a long ways in deciding the district 16 champion. I expect a high scoring game on a potentially wet field.

SHSBulldog00
10-06-2009, 02:18 PM
The Battle of Texarkana!!!! Can't wait!

pirate4state
10-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Who won last year?

I'll take the Leps!

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Who won last year?

I'll take the Leps! PG won last year. Coaches wanted to play around and try to pass too much. That won't be the case this year. LE ran for over 400 yds in their last game.