PDA

View Full Version : Forney Freshman ok?

kaorder1999
02-10-2003, 08:30 PM
I heard a freshman was hurt this past friday int he weight room at forney. I heard they had to care flight him to the hospital...can anyone confirm this....give an update?

jason
02-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Hmm...haven't heard about that....I'll have to call the folks and find out....i hope everything is ok

Jimbotex40
02-10-2003, 11:52 PM
dang it, i dont know what happened

crzyjournalist03
02-11-2003, 09:35 AM
That's the first I've heard of anything. There was a basketball game here Friday night and everybody was fine and seemed normal.

DRuMLiNeSPYKe2004
02-11-2003, 06:40 PM
Is this what you were referring too?

Four Teenagers Killed in Highway Collision

Four El Paso teenagers were killed early Saturday in a collision on Interstate 10.

Authorities said Gregory Alvarez, 18, lost control and veered across the median into oncoming traffic, striking a pickup driven by Jacqueline Walker, 38.

Alvarez and the passengers in the truck _ Ian Velasco, 16, Danny Miranda, 19, Brian Hawkins 14 _ died at the scene, police said in Sunday editions of the El Paso Times.

Walker was in critical condition at Beaumont Army Medical Center, police said.

Velasco's mother, 45-year-old Dolores Trejo, said the teens had grown up together and were close friends.

Trejo said Velasco, a sophomore and member of the junior varsity basketball team at Burges High School, was returning from a restaurant with his friends when the crash occurred.

crzyjournalist03
02-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Ok, I did some investigation and found out what happened. A freshman...last name Bates...don't remember the first name...was lifting weights in the athletic facility Friday afternoon. He dropped the weight on his neck, and "cracked it". No word on whether he's still in the hospital or how serious the injury is though.

kaorder1999
02-11-2003, 07:58 PM
sounds right...what i heard was he was squatting and the bar hit him in the head and as he was on the way out to the car with his mother he collapsed....supposedly an ambulance came to get him and they called in careflight! That was from a pretty reliable source also! Hmmm...if anyone hears...let me know!

Showtime33
02-11-2003, 08:33 PM
My sources in Forney told me he has been in school the past two days so it looks like he is doing alright.