PDA

View Full Version : Romo didn't know it was 4th down??

IrishTex
10-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Amazing charge...

Tony Romo didn't know it was 4th down? (http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Romo-Didnt-Know-It-Was-Fourth-Down-63593687.html)

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 09:32 AM
That is just a great article. :clap:

DU_stud04
10-06-2009, 10:04 AM
:dispntd:

Keith7
10-06-2009, 10:05 AM
typical tony.. too stupid for his own good

TheDOCTORdre
10-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
typical tony.. too stupid for his own good

typical Keith cant stay away from the Cowboys:D

CueroGobblers
10-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Hey fellas, move on!!! That game vs. Denver is over! Up next is the 0-4 chiefs. Let go Keith!!

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
typical tony.. too stupid for his own good I realizd this after he left Carrie

turbostud
10-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Jessica Simpson is FRICKIN hot.

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Jessica Simpson was FRICKIN hot. FIFY

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 12:45 PM
What an idiot.

turbostud
10-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
FIFY
what does FIFY mean. There are so many acronyms these days I cant keep up. Just click on the link provided in the Romo article. She has redeemed herself.

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
what does FIFY mean. There are so many acronyms these days I cant keep up. Just click on the link provided in the Romo article. She has redeemed herself. fixed it for you

navscanmaster
10-06-2009, 06:05 PM
Anybody read about "Irvin on Irvin?"

:devil:

Diocletian
10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Doesn't matter what down it is...Romo will still figure out a way to fumble the ball or overthrow a reciever.

Anyway, I think Romo is a failure due to the amount of Superstar level of accomplishment that was put toward his career wayyyy too early.

Gobbler Fan
10-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Jessica Simpson is FRICKIN hot.

Need pics to back up that comment :D :devil:

Diocletian
10-06-2009, 08:39 PM
It's not often that I agree with posts from this board...but I tell you

turbostud has a good point there....hard to argue with that post

My only contrast would be the following: "Well, she is dumber than a retarded rock on the ground in Arkansas"

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Just watched the video it is not lke he was running up to the line trying to get his guys lined up..

He unbuckles his chin strap and starts walking to sideline..he then looks to the sideline and I am guessing he sees the down marker still at 3, he then makes a signal to the OL then holds up three fingers as he is STILL WALKING to the sideline.

Patrick Crayton said he thought the same thing Romo did as he saw the down box still saying 3rd down.

sinton66
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
LOL, maybe Romo ain't the ONLY stupid one.

IrishTex
10-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Here's the video....

You decide..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ofebt0Kk24

IrishTex
10-06-2009, 10:15 PM
And here is jimmy Johnson talking about Romo and the 2009 Cowboys....sounds like he still knows what's going on in Dallas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNlncSetmx4

Emerson1
10-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Our Bill Nichols caught up with Patrick Crayton at an autograph signing session Tuesday.

The Cowboys explanation as to why Romo appeared confused on the Fox 4 video as to whether or not his incomplete pass came on fourth down? Crayton backs it up.

"You've got to realize, after that play, we're taking our time, waiting to see if a flag is going to be thrown or whatever and they're changing the down marker to go down,'' said Crayton, who was at Gil's Infield in Duncanville Tuesday afternoon. "I see the same thing, thinking it says third down.

"Sometimes, it happens. You're thinking maybe they made a mistake. He knew it was over, but you can always ask.''

On Monday, before the video was posted, head coach Wade Phillips and receiver Sam Hurd were asked if Romo knew it was fourth down. Both said that he did.

"He always knows the down, distance and time,'' Crayton said. "He lets us know once he comes into the huddle and he did that.''

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/10/patrick-crayton-saw-same-thing-as-tony-r.html

SintonFan
10-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian

Anyway, I think Romo is a failure due to the amount of Superstar level of accomplishment that was put toward his career wayyyy too early.

That was kinda contradictory...;)

Yes, folks who make a living analyzing sports are paid way too much. They shouldn't be given as much pull as they do now. It's a shame...

Unfortunately, folks listen to sports talk radio way too much instead of listening to what actually matters in their lives. That is a bigger shame...:(

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Just watched the video it is not lke he was running up to the line trying to get his guys lined up..

He unbuckles his chin strap and starts walking to sideline..he then looks to the sideline and I am guessing he sees the down marker still at 3, he then makes a signal to the OL then holds up three fingers as he is STILL WALKING to the sideline.

Patrick Crayton said he thought the same thing Romo did as he saw the down box still saying 3rd down. Thats a good excuse but there are scoreboards in every endzone of every NFL stadium...why would you look at a down and distance chain for verification.....no excuse for being dumb.

wimbo_pro
10-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Romo isnt dumb. Call him what you want, but he isnt a dumb quarterback. Not saying he is the brightest mind that has ever taken a snap...but he is not dumb.

He knew the down. He knew he had just failed. He knew he had just lost the game. As a last desperate act of a man who had to "walk the plank" back to the sidelines, he was acting out of pure desperation that somehow, someway...maybe the ref's would make a mistake, throw a flag, screw up the down, maybe a meteor would streak by....ANYTHING.....but he knew.

By the way, I am not a Cowboys fan.

Keith7
10-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Our Bill Nichols caught up with Patrick Crayton at an autograph signing session Tuesday.

The Cowboys explanation as to why Romo appeared confused on the Fox 4 video as to whether or not his incomplete pass came on fourth down? Crayton backs it up.

"You've got to realize, after that play, we're taking our time, waiting to see if a flag is going to be thrown or whatever and they're changing the down marker to go down,'' said Crayton, who was at Gil's Infield in Duncanville Tuesday afternoon. "I see the same thing, thinking it says third down.

"Sometimes, it happens. You're thinking maybe they made a mistake. He knew it was over, but you can always ask.''

On Monday, before the video was posted, head coach Wade Phillips and receiver Sam Hurd were asked if Romo knew it was fourth down. Both said that he did.

"He always knows the down, distance and time,'' Crayton said. "He lets us know once he comes into the huddle and he did that.''

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/10/patrick-crayton-saw-same-thing-as-tony-r.html

Of course his teammate is going to lie for him, that would be expected.. This doesn't explain why Romo acted like an idiot after the play and clearly didn't know what down it was.. It's just someone make an excuse for him.. Face the facts, the cowgirls are helpless

turbostud
10-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Need pics to back up that comment :D :devil:

http://thesuperficial.com//bfm_gallery/2009/10/1004%20Jessica%20Simpson%