PDA

View Full Version : Money goal.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 12:13 AM
When did it start calculating and when is the "year" up?

Like July 2010?

sinton66
10-06-2009, 06:29 AM
It would be so much easier to read someone's mind if they actually had one.:p

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
It would be so much easier to read someone's mind if they actually had one.:p Can you just answer the question?

I seem to remember these numbers only begin to be calculated about 2 or 3 months ago.

If you're saying we need 700 or so dollars by January instead of like a year from when you started calculating (July ish), then that's pretty misleading.

And what happens to the extra money in a given month? Just curious.

pirate4state
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Can you just answer the question?

I seem to remember these numbers only begin to be calculated about 2 or 3 months ago.

If you're saying we need 700 or so dollars by January instead of like a year from when you started calculating (July ish), then that's pretty misleading.

You were probably on one of your sabaticals when the explanation was posted. The board hadn't received sufficient donations for a few months, thus the need to request more.

The owners (admin) outlined how much we had, how much we needed, etc... Use the search feature to look for the thread.

Although, now that I think about it, it might have been put up as an announcement. :thinking:

Anyway, yes what they are saying is we still need $700 to meet our expenses for the year.

The goal you see is the required amount needed to keep the board running for one month. Any money over that goal is just carried over to help when there are no donations made (see April-July).

If the board didn't receive ANY donations in that time frame that's pretty much why we still need the $700 to meet the goal for the year. :doh:

If they still don't receive the necessary donations, the owners will cover the costs so that people like you can keep coming back time after time. :D

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You were probably on one of your sabaticals when the explanation was posted. The board hadn't received sufficient donations for a few months, thus the need to request more.

The owners (admin) outlined how much we had, how much we needed, etc... Use the search feature to look for the thread.

Although, now that I think about it, it might have been put up as an announcement. :thinking:

Anyway, yes what they are saying is we still need $700 to meet our expenses for the year.

The goal you see is the required amount needed to keep the board running for one month. Any money over that goal is just carried over to help when there are no donations made (see April-July).

If the board didn't receive ANY donations in that time frame that's pretty much why we still need the $700 to meet the goal for the year. :doh:

If they still don't receive the necessary donations, the owners will cover the costs so that people like you can keep coming back time after time. :D Hey, I donated under another name. They've got money on my behalf. I don't think I need to donate under every name. Matter of fact, I think I donated twice.

And more likely than a sabatical, is that I didn't have an account at the time.

pirate4state
10-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey, I donated under another name. They've got money on my behalf. I don't think I need to donate under every name. Matter of fact, I think I donated twice.

Good for you.

Same difference. :p

88bobcats
10-06-2009, 12:04 PM
If I contribute money to the running of the board, does that make me an administrator? Will I get to make up any rules I want for my posts?

It's entertaining to think (my opinion of course) that the "owners" of the board want my money but don't want to hear anyone's input about how the board should be run.

mwynn05
10-06-2009, 12:06 PM
or their a douche bag when someone asks a question....they should do that in private

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
It's entertaining to think (my opinion of course) that the "owners" of the board want my money but don't want to hear anyone's input about how the board should be run. :iagree:

You seem like a smart guy. I think we met at the WO-S/Gilmer game last year. :thumbsup:

GreenMonster
10-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Guys, the OWNER doesn't crap on anyone. That's what the Mods are for. The owner is a really awesome guy that LETS you play with HIS toys the he paid actual money for. If you don't like the way things are run simply leave. Donations are welcomed but not required to be a member and just because you donate doesn't mean you get a voice on anything. Stop being horsesasses and move on.

88bobcats
10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Guys, the OWNER doesn't crap on anyone. That's what the Mods are for. The owner is a really awesome guy that LETS you play with HIS toys the he paid actual money for. If you don't like the way things are run simply leave. Donations are welcomed but not required to be a member and just because you donate doesn't mean you get a voice on anything. Stop being horsesasses and move on.

I'll stop being a horse's ass when you lead that charge, name-caller.

The statements at the top of the page state "donations that are needed" each year. That doesn't sound like "donations are welcomed" to me.

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 12:46 PM
well if I "need" donations I sure as hell aint gunna NOT "welcome" 'em...

I can donate to knock-down someone's medical expenses but it doesn't mean I get to boss 'em around when they get out of the hospital...

Ranger Mom
10-06-2009, 01:33 PM

The statements at the top of the page state "donations that are needed" each year. That doesn't sound like "donations are welcomed" to me.

I can see where that statement might be misleading to some.

What do you suggest we say??

The $1440, or whatever it is, is the amount it takes to keep this board running for a year.

For a long time, we were fortunate enough not to have to pay anything...but times have changed.

If you want to donate...that's great, if you don't, or just can't....that's fine too!!

If the price to host the site continues to rise and the donations received still leave way too much owing for the owners to pay.....the site will simply shut down.

The owners have always stated this will NEVER be a pay site.

pirate4state
10-06-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Guys, the OWNER doesn't crap on anyone. That's what the Mods are for. The owner is a really awesome guy that LETS you play with HIS toys the he paid actual money for. If you don't like the way things are run simply leave. Donations are welcomed but not required to be a member and just because you donate doesn't mean you get a voice on anything. Stop being horsesasses and move on. :)

mwynn05
10-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I prefer the one paysite im on but thats because it's only coaches no one else....otherwise its here

BwdLions
10-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Hey, I donated under another name. They've got money on my behalf. I don't think I need to donate under every name. Matter of fact, I think I donated twice.

I think we'd all be willing to give you a full refund if you'd promise not to come back. :rolleyes:

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I think we'd all be willing to give you a full refund if you'd promise not to come back. :rolleyes: What's your deal with me? Maybe it's cause I make you feel like an idiot over and over again? :thinking:

Pick6
10-06-2009, 04:19 PM
What's your deal with me? Maybe it's cause I make you feel like an idiot over and over again? :thinking:

Trust me, we all get that way from reading your post. :rolleyes:

sinton66
10-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Can you just answer the question?

I would have been more than happy to answer the question if you'd made it clear WTH you were asking.

sinton66
10-06-2009, 07:06 PM
If I contribute money to the running of the board, does that make me an administrator? Will I get to make up any rules I want for my posts?

It's entertaining to think (my opinion of course) that the "owners" of the board want my money but don't want to hear anyone's input about how the board should be run.

There's a right way and a wrong way to have us hear your input. The right way is to use the PM function to any of us. The wrong way is to jump right in the middle of ANY disciplinary action and start spouting off in an open thread. Donations are strictly voluntary.

Move The Chains
10-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I would have been more than happy to answer the question if you'd made it clear WTH you were asking. I thought it was pretty clear? :confused:

DaHop72
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You were probably on one of your sabaticals when the explanation was posted. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
10-06-2009, 09:37 PM
I thought it was pretty clear? :confused:

Not at 6:29 in the morning, it wasn't.