PDA

View Full Version : UH can still make a BCS game.

carter08
10-05-2009, 09:43 PM
and here's how. This is the result of minutes of research using ESPN.com to get schedules and me thinking of who should lose when. But by golly, I think it works.

First and foremost, UH wins out and Keenum puts up huge numbers.

Second, UTEP wins out but UH beats every common opponent by a larger margin.

Boise loses to Idaho. This is the only game I see them even possibly losing, and face it, a 1 loss Boise will be ranked below a 1 loss UH, especially if Oregon loses at least 3 more games.

TCU has to lose to BYU and Utah. Utah has to beat BYU and then lose to Air Force or someone. Three 2 loss teams equals no MWC BCS buster.

That's how UH gets to be the top non-BCS school. Next, they have to get in the Top 12.

Texas and Texas Tech win out, rest of Big 12 beats each other up.
No Big East team finishes with less than 3 losses
SEC beats itself up.
Big 10 proves to be weak.
Notre Dame loses.
PAC 10 will be weak, USC wins it, Oregon loses at least 3 or 4, Cal loses.
ACC- well, ACC plays like they always do and no team has less than 3 losses.

UH grabs the 12 slot in the Bowl Rankings, plays in a BCS game and probably gets donkey stomped, but next year with an improved defense and most of the team returning goes undefeated and wins it all.

Move The Chains
10-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by carter08
UH grabs the 12 slot in the Bowl Rankings, plays in a BCS game and probably gets donkey stomped, but next year with an improved defense and most of the team returning goes undefeated and wins it all. LOL @ this part.

forum_guy
10-05-2009, 09:49 PM
LOL @ this thread

SHSBulldog00
10-05-2009, 09:50 PM
That's too much for a team to need have happen. Still yet GO COOGS!!!

carter08
10-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
LOL @ this part.

Why?

If this team finishes outside the BCS top 12, the players all have a reason to stay i school. There are very few starting seniors on the team, and the defense will have time to get better.

aggiejon85
10-05-2009, 10:08 PM
So how do you expect Houston to make a BCS game, when there not even ranked

Move The Chains
10-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by aggiejon85
So how do you expect Houston to make a BCS game, when there not even ranked Pretty sure he just explained how. Pretty much the entire point of the thread. :doh: :doh: :doh:

aggiejon85
10-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Have yall seen there schedule, they have nobody to beat, to get back in the top 25, the only reason they were there in the first place is because they beat two overrated Big 12 teams. They will lose at least one more game to Tulsa.

Move The Chains
10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
But if they go undefeated from here out and those other teams do what Carter says, then they eliminate themselves and leave the door open for UH.

sahen
10-05-2009, 11:01 PM
impossible in your scenario....if UH and UTEP both go undefeated the rest of the way then UTEP will win CUSA West division and UH will not have a chance to play for the CUSA title...if you dont even win CUSA you arent playing in a BCS game....right now UH needs to reset their sites on winning CUSA and getting to the Liberty Bowl...if they win out the rest of the year from here they will be ranked at the end of the year but more importantly they will be ranked to start next year...that will give them a shot at being a BCS Buster next year...

LionKing
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
It would have been difficult for UH to make a BCS bowl going undefeated, losing and giving up so many points to UTEP just buried any chances.

carter08
10-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by sahen
impossible in your scenario....if UH and UTEP both go undefeated the rest of the way then UTEP will win CUSA West division and UH will not have a chance to play for the CUSA title...if you dont even win CUSA you arent playing in a BCS game....right now UH needs to reset their sites on winning CUSA and getting to the Liberty Bowl...if they win out the rest of the year from here they will be ranked at the end of the year but more importantly they will be ranked to start next year...that will give them a shot at being a BCS Buster next year...

buh, i did forget they were both in the west division. for some reason i thought they'd meet in the conference title game.

charlesrixey
10-06-2009, 07:16 AM
the funny thing is this relies on UTEP finishing with a better record than their results indicate. other than running all over Houston, UTEP has done nothing. The rule called Occam's Razor (but is not in fact his actual postulate) states that the easiest answer is most likely the correct one. In this case, the easiest explanation is that Houston isn't as good as we thought they were, rather than UTEP being considerably better than we thought.

UTEP is 2-3 with wins over Houston and NMState. Their losses are to Texas, Kansas and Buffalo. I have been rooting for Houston big time so far this season but they collapsed against UTEP.

BwdLions
10-06-2009, 08:35 AM
I really thought this thread was going to be a joke. The only way Houston gets in a BCS game is if every team team in the top 25 right now loses at least two more games in the regular season. Then, if Houston wins the rest of their games, it might happen. You just can't lose to UTEP and expect to go very far.

95mustang
10-06-2009, 08:47 AM
I don't see TCU losing. Sorry I am a Keenum fan but reality is reality.

BobcatBenny
10-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Unfortunately for team's that are not media darlins, the rule is ...

... DO NOT LOSE!

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by carter08
and here's how. This is the result of minutes of research using ESPN.com to get schedules and me thinking of who should lose when. But by golly, I think it works.

First and foremost, UH wins out and Keenum puts up huge numbers.

Second, UTEP wins out but UH beats every common opponent by a larger margin.

Boise loses to Idaho. This is the only game I see them even possibly losing, and face it, a 1 loss Boise will be ranked below a 1 loss UH, especially if Oregon loses at least 3 more games.

TCU has to lose to BYU and Utah. Utah has to beat BYU and then lose to Air Force or someone. Three 2 loss teams equals no MWC BCS buster.

That's how UH gets to be the top non-BCS school. Next, they have to get in the Top 12.

Texas and Texas Tech win out, rest of Big 12 beats each other up.
No Big East team finishes with less than 3 losses
SEC beats itself up.
Big 10 proves to be weak.
Notre Dame loses.
PAC 10 will be weak, USC wins it, Oregon loses at least 3 or 4, Cal loses.
ACC- well, ACC plays like they always do and no team has less than 3 losses.

UH grabs the 12 slot in the Bowl Rankings, plays in a BCS game and probably gets donkey stomped, but next year with an improved defense and most of the team returning goes undefeated and wins it all. So let me get this straight...you say there is a chance?

carter08
10-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
So let me get this straight...you say there is a chance?

If all that plus 2 UTEP losses happen, then there should be.