PDA

View Full Version : player wristbands

Gobbla2001
10-05-2009, 08:56 PM
you know, I've never really paid much attention to the wristbands the offensive players wear...

I've got a good idea as to what's happening on those bracelets, but I wanna know the downlow...

What all is on them?

LE Dad
10-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
you know, I've never really paid much attention to the wristbands the offensive players wear...

I've got a good idea as to what's happening on those bracelets, but I wanna know the downlow...

What all is on them? Mainly see with spread teams. Since they don't huddle they keep everyone on same page with what coach is signalling in. Our defense actually uses them in playoffs for same purpose.

Although I have a feeling some just have :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :doh:

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2009, 01:00 AM
We use them..have em by position

The play number is on their with that positions responsibility for that play.

Use them for both defense and offense.

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 09:15 AM
As confused as some teams seem to be after looking at the wristbands, trying to get in the right formations and scratching the helmets, I wonder about this also. I asked one of our players what was on the band and was told that it is definitely a play list based on signals from a coach on the sideline.

The guy sitting near me at the Henderson game this year believed that Henderson had pictures from a Playboy centerfold on thier wristbands. He said that some of them looked at the wrist so long and then took double takes and peeks even when finally lined up and while returning to the line of scrimmage.

JT44
10-06-2009, 12:10 PM
I got a hold of one of those for a Cuero WR a few yrs ago, looked like jibberish to me, but he understood it. Like previously said, it has that players responsibility for the play called. Some no huddle plays and signals.

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by JT44
I got a hold of one of those for a Cuero WR a few yrs ago, looked like jibberish to me, but he understood it. Like previously said, it has that players responsibility for the play called. Some no huddle plays and signals.

I knew it'd have the plays and all... just wonder what the no-huddble signal calls looked like on there...

things have changed since I played there I guess... "17 counter trap", "16 counter trap", "boot at 9", "waggle at 8", "26 option", "rinse, repeat"...

SHSBulldog00
10-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
We use them..have em by position

The play number is on their with that positions responsibility for that play.

Use them for both defense and offense.

We have them too but the defense doesn't always wear them.

BaseballUmp
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
we would have the formations and under each formation a set of plays. coach would signal in numbers for the receivers and backs to understand and the quarterback would relay the number to the lineman to tell them which play number to run. We never used them on defense tho. I always liked mondays when we would create the signs for the new defensive scheme for the next opponet. We got pretty creative(and explisive) with some of them lol

DU_stud04
10-06-2009, 03:11 PM
i used to have my weekly cutdowns written on mine. sometimes i would lose focus and wouldnt be able to trash talk efficiently like i would want to, but never had that problem once i started wearing one. the coaches never really understood why a lineman insisted on wearing one.

crabman
10-06-2009, 09:41 PM
In 2004 my son counted the number of plays on his at the end of the year. He had 180 plays. That may be a little misleading. We run so many plays out of different formations. It is still a lot though.

Ask anyone to tell you what kind of offense Cuero runs and they cannot tell you. We run some I. We run one back. We run no back. A little shotgun. Sometimes no wideouts. Sometimes 4-5 wideouts. Sometimes 1 tight end. Sometimes 2. Sometimes none. And out of any formation we run variations of plays. There is zero chance the defense knows what we are going to do based on our formation or our personnel on the field.