PDA

View Full Version : NFL QB Hits

Old Tiger
10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Is getting ridiculous....that is all. You can add your own input if you like.

ivchris
10-05-2009, 06:41 PM
What hits? Defensive guys are getting screwed left and right. Most of the QB's now in the NFL need to be playing Powder Puff Football.

Old Tiger
10-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by ivchris
What hits? Defensive guys are getting screwed left and right. Most of the QB's now in the NFL need to be playing Powder Puff Football. my point exactly

ivchris
10-05-2009, 06:49 PM
It's no longer a league where "Offense wins ballgames, Defense wins championships".

Even if they run with the ball, they can decide to slide at the very last minute and the defensive guy will get a call against him.
Also, another thing that I hate is the hail mary pass interference crap. A 50yrd pass at the end of the game and a call in the end zone gives the offense the ball on the goal line. What is this crap? At most it should be a 15yrd penalty. Why doesn't intentional grounding move the offense back to the 1? The game is too shifted to the offensive side. I'll stick with college and high school anyday. (rant off).

Old Dog
10-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Agreed, agreed and agreed.

Love to hear Terry Bradshaw tee off on the QBs needing to wear a skirt !!!!!

ivchris
10-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Agreed, agreed and agreed.

Love to hear Terry Bradshaw tee off on the QBs needing to wear a skirt !!!!!

Yep, being an old Oiler fan, I used to hate Terry Bradshaw. He did play injured though, one year with his wrist in a cast. I remember Don Meredith playing with a broken nose almost all the time and Johnny Unitas so banged up you'd wonder if he's wake up the next day. Man I miss those days.

Old Tiger
10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
It's no longer a league where "Offense wins ballgames, Defense wins championships".

Even if they run with the ball, they can decide to slide at the very last minute and the defensive guy will get a call against him.
Also, another thing that I hate is the hail mary pass interference crap. A 50yrd pass at the end of the game and a call in the end zone gives the offense the ball on the goal line. What is this crap? At most it should be a 15yrd penalty. Why doesn't intentional grounding move the offense back to the 1? The game is too shifted to the offensive side. I'll stick with college and high school anyday. (rant off). college game is slowly turning to what the NFL is.

How about all these ridiculous unsportsmanlike conduct excessive celebration penalties?

forum_guy
10-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Is getting ridiculous....that is all. You can add your own input if you like.

you wouldnt be talking about that ravens game would you?

Gobbla2001
10-05-2009, 07:52 PM
yah it's getting a little stupid.... gotta worry now every time your defender gets in the backfield... might not be a sack but a 15-yard penalty...

Spread It Out
10-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Why doesn't intentional grounding move the offense back to the 1?

If the QB does in fact intentionally ground the ball at the one yard line, the ball will be placed there. It's a loss of down and the ball is placed at the spot the QB threw from. Same effect as pass interference, they're both spot fouls.

GrTigers6
10-05-2009, 08:59 PM
How about the horrible call on the chiefs linebacker who knocked the ball out of the reciever's hands and gets a personal foul. and actually never touched the helmet of the player. it was shoulder to shoulder. What happened to the defender having to launch at the helmet of the opponent. The very next play he was afraid to hit him cause he didn't want a penalty. That is killing the NFL. All the stupid "protection" penalties.