PDA

View Full Version : Lobo coach reassigned

lulu
10-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Read in the Longview News Journal where the associate head coach for the Lobos was reassigned and will no longer be coaching the Lobos. Any one need a Coach?

waterboy
10-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Reassigned? I didn't read about him being reassigned. I heard he and John King got into a heated argument on the sideline the other night, but the paper said Coach King would be taken care of it internally. They both said they were "good" about it, too. Did the AD reassign him? Those 2 coaches have been friends, and colleagues, for a long time. It's sad that they can't work together.

lulu
10-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Reassigned? I didn't read about him being reassigned. I heard he and John King got into a heated argument on the sideline the other night, but the paper said Coach King would be taken care of it internally. They both said they were "good" about it, too. Did the AD reassign him? Those 2 coaches have been friends, and colleagues, for a long time. It's sad that they can't work together.

Yeah,,I get breaking news from LNJ and one popped up saying Berry had been reassigned and will not be coaching the Lobos.
AD made the decision....don't know if it was Collins choice or Kings request. The two have coached together since 1997. King brought him here from Monroe LA, Ouachita when he came to the Lobos.

waterboy
10-05-2009, 04:14 PM
I take it that it ain't wise to "show up" your boss in front of everybody.:doh: Berry was wrong for doing that. He shouldn't have done it right there on the sidelines. Pulling a temper tantrum like that, i.e. arguing loudly, throwing your headset to the ground, and storming off the field while the game is still going on, is not the way to handle the disagreement.:( I would hazard a guess that if he would've waited until they got to the locker room to take care of the disagreement in private, he'd still have the coaching job, but......... Sometimes friends and/or colleagues disagree, that's a part of the business, but you have to draw the line between the two. It looks like Coach Berry crossed that line....

lulu
10-05-2009, 04:18 PM
I take it that it ain't wise to "show up" your boss in front of everybody.:doh: Berry was wrong for doing that. He shouldn't have done it right there on the sidelines. Pulling a temper tantrum like that, i.e. arguing loudly, throwing your headset to the ground, and storming off the field while the game is still going on, is not the way to handle the disagreement.:( I would hazard a guess that if he would've waited until they got to the locker room to take care of the disagreement in private, he'd still have the coaching job, but......... Sometimes friends and/or colleagues disagree, that's a part of the business, but you have to draw the line between the two. It looks like Coach Berry crossed that line....

Yeah...not good. All three of them Collins, Berry and King had been together lots of years. Actually it was Collins that brought them both here. Would'nt you like to have been a fly on that wall? Testosterone personified:hairpunk:

LE Dad
10-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Things are not going well in Lobo land. :( :(

lulu
10-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Things are not going well in Lobo land. :( :(

Don't look like it....they may be requiting(sp) Traylor...what ya think?:D

lulu
10-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Waterboy...I know you read that:D . Hold on to your coach.

waterboy
10-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey! Don't EVEN talk like that!:eek: Traylor can stay here as long as he likes. We'll make sure of that! The ONLY way he leaves is if he wants to. I don't see that happening anytime soon..;)

lulu
10-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey! Don't EVEN talk like that!:eek: Traylor can stay here as long as he likes. We'll make sure of that! The ONLY way he leaves is if he wants to. I don't see that happening anytime soon..;) Lobos offer up a big fat package I'm told.

Maybe SH will hire Berry:)

waterboy
10-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Lobos offer up a big fat package I'm told.

Maybe SH will hire Berry:)
It ain't about the money.:hand: It's about staying in his hometown........besides we pay him pretty good.....:clap:

lulu
10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
It ain't about the money.:hand: It's about staying in his hometown........besides we pay him pretty good.....:clap:

I really didnt realize he was from Gilmer. Don't know how I missed that one. He's not leaving his plush post. You guys would make installment payments out of your own pocket if needed.:D

lulu
10-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Can you believe they are sending him to the alternative school to baby sit the brats? He is a very talented teacher of science.
What a waste of talent.:doh: