PDA

View Full Version : ??????Facebook

lulu
10-04-2009, 04:09 PM
My children seem to think the only way to communicate is on Facebook. So.....I get an account so that I can get the pictures and info they post.....but for the life of me.....Isn't email good enough?

This old dog.....new trick stuff is real. Any hints?

Old Tiger
10-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Facebook is the new fad for middle aged people these days...they think its so cool to get on there. Just let your kids be and don't embarrass them! :D

lulu
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Facebook is the new fad for middle aged people these days...they think its so cool to get on there. Just let your kids be and don't embarrass them! :D

They insisted I join....not my idea. My youngest says when she comes in next week she's gonna set me up. That's scary. I've seen folks way older than me on there. That's even scarrier.:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by lulu
They insisted I join....not my idea. My youngest says when she comes in next week she's gonna set me up. That's scary. I've seen folks way older than me on there. That's even scarrier.:rolleyes: You're going to probably be more addicted to FB than 3ADL

lulu
10-04-2009, 04:37 PM
You're going to probably be more addicted to FB than 3ADL
I love me some D'low
Tiger I just don't have time for another one. :eek:

Old Tiger
10-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I love me some D'low
Tiger I just don't have time for another one. :eek: well whatever you do do not get involved with farmtown cause you'll be consumed

Move The Chains
10-04-2009, 05:08 PM
The games on FB are gay. (farmville, etc.)

Facebook is okay. It's a good way to communicate (chat) . Email is dumb.

lulu
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
The games on FB are gay. (farmville, etc.)

Facebook is okay. It's a good way to communicate (chat) . Email is dumb.

What games? told you I don't know anything abt. this yet.

Move The Chains
10-04-2009, 05:26 PM
What games? told you I don't know anything abt. this yet. There are little applications that are games. Apparently some people are addicted, but to me, they're stupid.

There's a chat feature at the bottom right that you can use to instant message any of your facebook friends. It's kind of nice. And you can talk to whoever you have as a friend on facebook.

You can comment on their status updates, photos, videos, etc.

It's pretty cool. You will enjoy being able to contact them.

SintonFan
10-04-2009, 11:50 PM
My children seem to think the only way to communicate is on Facebook. So.....I get an account so that I can get the pictures and info they post.....but for the life of me.....Isn't email good enough?

This old dog.....new trick stuff is real. Any hints?

How old are your kids?
Btw, the games on Face Book aren't that bad.:nerd: :cool:

lulu
10-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
How old are your kids?
Btw, the games on Face Book aren't that bad.:nerd: :cool:

2 daughters 37 and 40.

Farmersfan
10-05-2009, 09:09 AM
I joined Facebook about 3 weeks ago so I could keep up with my boys. (ages 24 & 20). Now I am hooked. I have my Iphone app for Facebook and my email tied into FB. And the games will addict you in a hurry. I find myself thinking about going to my "Farm" to harvest or plant all the time during the day........... retarded? Yes it is! But it is fun!

pirate4state
10-05-2009, 09:17 AM
I love Facebook. The games are so addicting and it's a great place to reconnect with classmates. :nerd:

The one thing I do hate is all the invites for different things. Pass the drink, chug it, etc....

I lose interest really quickly in those things, so if you are a FB friend and you send me that stuff, I'm just gonna ignore it, nothing personal.

44INAROW
10-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I love Facebook. The games are so addicting and it's a great place to reconnect with classmates. :nerd:

The one thing I do hate is all the invites for different things. Pass the drink, chug it, etc....

I lose interest really quickly in those things, so if you are a FB friend and you send me that stuff, I'm just gonna ignore it, nothing personal.
there's games on Facebook :D Farkle, Yacht, Uno, Wordgames etc.. very addicting :)

Ranger Mom
10-05-2009, 10:12 AM
well whatever you do do not get involved with farmtown cause you'll be consumed

LOL @ Farm Town!!

I finally made it to level 34 and got my mansion....now I am bored!!

Sooo.....I made up a "psuedo" facebook and started a new farm!!

I have hidden messages in my crops.....the one growing now says "HOOK 'EM HORNS":D

DU_stud04
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
im thinking about growing coca in farmtown and selling it in mafiawars..... im about to overtake both games ;)

lulu
10-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
im thinking about growing coca in farmtown and selling it in mafiawars..... im about to overtake both games ;)

I found the games.

I really like your avatar.

DU_stud04
10-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I found the games.

I really like your avatar. i was just kidding, i dont play the facebook games, just thought it was funny. :)

and thank you.

pancho villa
10-06-2009, 11:05 AM
My kids 21 and 19 won't let my wife be there friend on FB. She is hot!

Trashman
10-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I convinced my kids to join fb. I got hooked after someone from my old high school started a group so we could stay in touch. Now my whole family is on fb and we have a page dedicated just to our family reunion. fb is cool. I don't play games it cuts into my 3adl time. :D