PDA

View Full Version : Spring Hill @ Chapel Hill will decide gilmer's division

easttexas3a
10-04-2009, 12:31 AM
If things hold serve liek they should, Gilmer's division placement will be picked this week based on who wins this game. Chapel Hill win will put Gilmer most likely in D1, and if Spring Hill wins most likely in D2.

I have seen chapel hill, but not spring hill. I would assume Chapel Hill will win at home, they have the better athletes and so far this year have had bad luck with injuries but should be 100% for this game.

Chapel Hill 35 Spring Hill 26

LE Dad
10-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
Chapel Hill win will put Gilmer most likely in D1, and if Spring Hill wins most likely in D2.

Chapel Hill 35 Spring Hill 26 I think Chapel Hill is the Bigger school. If they make playoffs then Gilmer goes D2. Also Tatum has stumbled the past few weeks and it could be that both of these teams could make it. :)

lulu
10-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah...Bucks got to depend on us little people to determine where they go. Don't really figure it matters. They can handle either place IMO.

I would really like to see us take a win for a change. Maybe all our players will be healthy this week.

Smoaky bunch backing CH. Maybe D'low could root for SH?:D

Pudlugger
10-04-2009, 04:44 PM
So which school is bigger than Gilmer? Spring Hill or Chapel Hill? :confused:

Aesculus gilmus
10-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Chapel Hill takes this easily.

Gilmer is set for likely rematches with West Orange-Stark and Carthage. I don't know about Mexia, but I suppose that's possible as well.

Of concern to the Buckeyes is the fact that the team won't be tested at all for the next five weeks.

The rest of the district looks to be horrible. It'll be their fault if Gilmer stumbles in the playoffs for not giving us any competition. Just kidding.

lulu
10-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
So which school is bigger than Gilmer? Spring Hill or Chapel Hill? :confused:

Not Spring Hill....they have more than 300 students than us last time I saw any numbers. I have no idea how large CH is. They usually have a good number of players on the sidelines. Their kids play with lots of sportsmanship when we have played them. Course they were winning.
:D Seemed like a good bunch of kids.

lulu
10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Chapel Hill takes this easily.

Gilmer is set for likely rematches with West Orange-Stark and Carthage. I don't know about Mexia, but I suppose that's possible as well.

Of concern to the Buckeyes is the fact that the team won't be tested at all for the next five weeks.

The rest of the district looks to be horrible. It'll be their fault if Gilmer stumbles in the playoffs for not giving us any competition. Just kidding.

Well I can promise you if things remain as they are now....Gilmer will not be tested as they need to be. I say play like you need to to get your work done. And even if it's against us....don't worry about the scoring difference. It's hard to get the butt whipping but you guys have to get ready for Bigger Fish. Just please leave us healthy.
N o kidding;)

Aesculus gilmus
10-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Here's the enrollment for 17-3A. Chapel Hill is by far the largest school:

17District Enr.
Bullard 494
Gilmer 701
Gladewater 568
Longview Spring Hill 524
Tatum 443
Tyler Chapel Hill 885

lulu
10-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Here's the enrollment for 17-3A. Chapel Hill is by far the largest school:

17District Enr.
Bullard 494
Gilmer 701
Gladewater 568
Longview Spring Hill 524
Tatum 443
Tyler Chapel Hill 885

For the life of me I cannot see how Gilmer has that low number.
I lived in that county all my life and that district (esp. with EMt. added) is huge.

Nowdon't get all sideways I'm not making any accusations
I'm just making an honest observation. Gilmer is my home away from home. :)

easttexas3a
10-04-2009, 05:20 PM
It's pritchett and harmony that take some of the numbers, plus I know of the occasional Gilmer kid who goes to longview.

lulu
10-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Where do the pritchett kido go? Big Sandy?

poisoned10
10-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by lulu
Where do the pritchett kido go? Big Sandy?

Gladewater or Big Sandy. Just depends on how far down Pritchett you go.

The Gilmer line ends about 1/2 mile away from where I grew up and my Dad still lives. Gladewater then took over past that line. Not exactly sure where the Big Sandy line starts.

Aesculus gilmus
10-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
It's pritchett and harmony that take some of the numbers, plus I know of the occasional Gilmer kid who goes to longview.

It may be inadvisable for me to write this, but Harmony is the "white flight" district and so it really doesn't detract from the Buckeyes' ability to field talented teams when parents decide to place their children in that district rather than Gilmer.

Now baseball is another matter. I remember a bit of controversy in the 1980s about whether some talented players in that sport actually lived in Gilmer or Harmony ISD.

Harmony may actually be doing us a favor by keeping our numbers down. Because of this and other factors, there is really no danger of Gilmer going up to 4A unless the UIL lowered that number drastically as they did in the mid-1990s and we went up to 4A despite having only a few more students than we have now.

lulu
10-05-2009, 11:29 AM
It may be inadvisable for me to write this, but Harmony is the "white flight" district and so it really doesn't detract from the Buckeyes' ability to field talented teams when parents decide to place their children in that district rather than Gilmer.

Now baseball is another matter. I remember a bit of controversy in the 1980s about whether some talented players in that sport actually lived in Gilmer or Harmony ISD.

Harmony may actually be doing us a favor by keeping our numbers down. Because of this and other factors, there is really no danger of Gilmer going up to 4A unless the UIL lowered that number drastically as they did in the mid-1990s and we went up to 4A despite having only a few more students than we have now.

I hear you loud and clear.

waterboy
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
This winner of this game will definitely have a leg up on the playoffs. It'll be a tough climb to make the playoffs for the loser. I don't look for any of the teams in this district, except Gilmer, to not have 2 losses. That's how close Chapel Hill, Tatum, Gladewater, and Spring Hill appear to be. Bullard will likely be in the cellar, but they could play a spoiler role if someone gets caught overlooking them. It's as simple as this: if Chapel Hill wins this game, I look for Gilmer to go D2; if Spring Hill wins, I look for Gilmer to go D1. We'll see......

lulu
10-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
This winner of this game will definitely have a leg up on the playoffs. It'll be a tough climb to make the playoffs for the loser. I don't look for any of the teams in this district, except Gilmer, to not have 2 losses. That's how close Chapel Hill, Tatum, Gladewater, and Spring Hill appear to be. Bullard will likely be in the cellar, but they could play a spoiler role if someone gets caught overlooking them. It's as simple as this: if Chapel Hill wins this game, I look for Gilmer to go D2; if Spring Hill wins, I look for Gilmer to go D1. We'll see......

Hey Waterboy.....how ya doin? Why don't you just come see us play this week? No need to watch a blow out. Or are you going to UH?

I'm not even gonna say "good luck" this week. But I wish the bucks a safe game. No luck needed.
:D

LE Dad
10-05-2009, 02:52 PM
This winner of this game will definitely have a leg up on the playoffs. It'll be a tough climb to make the playoffs for the loser. I don't look for any of the teams in this district, except Gilmer, to not have 2 losses. That's how close Chapel Hill, Tatum, Gladewater, and Spring Hill appear to be. Bullard will likely be in the cellar, but they could play a spoiler role if someone gets caught overlooking them. It's as simple as this: if Chapel Hill wins this game, I look for Gilmer to go D2; if Spring Hill wins, I look for Gilmer to go D1. We'll see...... Yeah, what he said lol. :D

lulu
10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Yeah, what he said lol. :D

HI LED...... wa sup? Good luck to you guys this week.

waterboy
10-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Yeah, what he said lol. :D
Yeah.......LE Dad! Y'all better feed them Hawks a little "crow"! LOL! They've been talking a lot of smack over at that other site. They sound extremely confident after last year's game when they spanked y'all..... I say y'all should return the favor this year...;)

waterboy
10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Hey Waterboy.....how ya doin? Why don't you just come see us play this week? No need to watch a blow out. Or are you going to UH?

I'm not even gonna say "good luck" this week. But I wish the bucks a safe game. No luck needed.
:D
I won't be able to make this game.:( I'll be in Detroit watching my daughter.......and those UH Bulldogs..........but I'd definitely rather be at a 3A game!:mad: 1A is a whole other level, for sure!

lulu
10-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I won't be able to make this game.:( I'll be in Detroit watching my daughter.......and those UH Bulldogs..........but I'd definitely rather be at a 3A game!:mad: 1A is a whole other level, for sure!

Yeah,,we might be able to compete there.:rolleyes:

waterboy
10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah,,we might be able to compete there.:rolleyes:
Haha......that's funny!:D

Seriously, if the Bulldogs were good it wouldn't be that big a deal, but......:(