PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on in Libery Hill land?

Old Tiger
10-03-2009, 02:14 PM
Seems some of the posters from there are in full meltdown mode. Is it lack of senior leadership? Youth? Inform an uninformed poster please and thank you.

LHexPlayer
10-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Seems some of the posters from there are in full meltdown mode. Is it lack of senior leadership? Youth? Inform an uninformed poster please and thank you.

Define full meltdown mode?:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
10-03-2009, 02:15 PM
see GOTW thread

LHexPlayer
10-03-2009, 02:17 PM
see GOTW thread

I don't see a full meltdown on that thread.

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2009, 02:18 PM
From the clueless one..... ;)

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've read on here and other places that "it's not the X's and O's, it's....". :thinking: I've got some good friends with kids on the team and 2 of my boys have friends out there. It makes me sad to see them not having the success that they want and have worked hard for. :(

What's missing? I have no real inside information, since one of mine isn't out there on Fridays, but I do listen and watch, and if I'm off base, then so be it.

Confidence? Comradery? It's easy to have when you're winning, maybe not as easy now. They need to believe not just in themselves as individuals, but in each other as a TEAM. What happened to holding hands in the huddle? "Band of Brothers", guys.....

Play calling? Of course it stinks. I mean, why shouldn't it? We've got lots of expert parents, relatives and fans and it makes perfect sense. If "Little Johnny" got the ball/PT...or if we ran 241 instead of 387...or if we passed when we "should've" run or run when we "should've" passed...or if insert name here hadn't graduated/moved/taken another job...or if this or that. If the players hear/read it enough, they start to think it. And if they think it enough, they believe it and it becomes reality. And I know that there are several that hear it frequently at home. "Faith", guys.....

Intensity? Attitude? It's the mental edge! It's popping 'em in the mouth! It's "bringing it" every single play, not just the ones where you might get to be the one that shines or make the play. It's an everybody, all the time thing - not a everybody some of the time, or some all of the time. It's the "GO HARD OR GO HOME" mentality. "Hold the Rope", guys.....

As far as Walker goes? Here's a NEWS FLASH - HE'S GONE! Get over it! (Which goes back to the "expert" stuff......)

LHexPlayer
10-03-2009, 02:19 PM
From the clueless one..... ;)

So that is suppose to be full meltdown?

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
So that is suppose to be full meltdown?
ROFL! I didn't think I had the meltdown. I thought I was answering the question of "what's going on". :p :doh:

Daddy B 12
10-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I wouldnt call it a meltdown, people are just stating their opinions on what is going on. Some may agree and some may not but everyone has their own opinions as to why the panthers are losing so badly.

wimbo_pro
10-03-2009, 03:15 PM
LHPM..I dont think he is refering to your post regarding the full meltdown comment. If he is...then I dont know where he got it either.

Daddy D 11
10-03-2009, 07:10 PM
2009- the year of "lets all enjoy and makes jabs at LH since they are FINALLY not kicking us up and down the field.."

I personally love it. It's not meltdown, it's just not the extreme arrogance you've seen from some of us in the past:D

RiverRat19
10-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Talent cycles at smaller schools and sometimes you are just "down" for a short while. It happens most places (except Cuero it seems LOL) and it takes the new up and coming players to take responsibility for their team and program to make it happen.

It is very difficult for any program, any classification to continue a sustained run of 5 or more years at the very top of a district or a region. Just one of those things...

Rabid Cougar
10-04-2009, 05:15 AM
Not meltdown mode . Just "What the Heck" mode put nicely.

LHdog
10-04-2009, 06:23 AM
A friend of mine on the Burnet coaching staff summed it up pretty well. "They don't have the size or speed they've had in the past and there is a talent drop off at the skill positions. That makes the slot-T pretty easy to defend".

LH_Tuff
10-04-2009, 07:14 AM

Excuse me? What the H.....Never mind. Not worth it.:rolleyes:

sinton66
10-04-2009, 08:14 AM
I posted this on the game thread, so might as well put it here too.

Originally posted by sinton66 The wing-t/slot-t is a GREAT offense. Teams you play do get used to it and get better at defending against it sooner or later. This is WHY after three or four years of success at running it you begin to see a decline. It doesn't necessarily mean you're any less talented than the previous squads (although talent tends to go through cycles also).

I have always felt that this is the BEST basic offensive package a team can have. I have also always felt that the teams that run this offense must ALSO have a backup formation to fall back on in tough matches.

IMO, if any wing-t/slot-t team could manage to master both this running formation and the spread offense and were able to transition between the two smoothly, there would be no stopping them. Even the best DC's would NEVER know what to expect. Of course, it would become necessary to run out of the spread and pass out of the slot (both are definitely possible).

I had hoped Sinton would be the first to do this, but don't see it happening anytime soon. Maybe Jerry will give it some thought.;)

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by sinton66 The wing-t/slot-t is a GREAT offense. Teams you play do get used to it and get better at defending against it sooner or later. This is WHY after three or four years of success at running it you begin to see a decline.
Decline after 3-4 years? :p In the 4th year, we made it to the semis, losing a close one to Jasper - 6th & 7th year, well....wanna see the rings? :D

What's REALLY going on is that the T is missing from LiberTy Hill. :nerd:

sinton66
10-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Decline after 3-4 years? :p In the 4th year, we made it to the semis, losing a close one to Jasper - 6th & 7th year, well....wanna see the rings? :D

What's REALLY going on is that the T is missing from LiberTy Hill. :nerd:

Uhmmmm, wasn't specifically referring to LH, it was more of a "generalization" comment. But, decline is evident after the rings, no?;) BTW, I saw the same thing happen to Sinton when WE ran the wing-t back in the 90's. (That was actually my reference point.)

1st and goal
10-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
, it's just not the extreme arrogance you've seen from some of us in the past:D

You said it, not me. :devil: :devil: :devil: :D

You guys will be back. I think its a talent cycle more than anything. Not knocking the current team but giving kudos to the last few year's outstanding teams. It's hard to stay at the very top year in and out.

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
You guys will be back. It's hard to stay at the very top year in and out.
:2thumbsup

Coach Vance has said "the climb to the top of the mountain is the easy part - staying at the top is the difficult part".

sinton66
10-04-2009, 11:48 AM
:2thumbsup

Coach Vance has said "the climb to the top of the mountain is the easy part - staying at the top is the difficult part".

Back to backs are pretty rare, so yeah, he's right.

wimbo_pro
10-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Personally, I think LH should just pack it up right now and cancel at least one game to show their lack of heart. I suggest cancelling the Wimberley game.

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Personally, I think LH should just pack it up right now and cancel at least one game to show their lack of heart. I suggest cancelling the Wimberley game.
:hand: :hand: Psssshhhh! We've already put in an order for http://www.smilieland.com/graphics2/flash1.gif and if that doesn't work, then you should hope we have some "heart" and take it easy on y'all. ;)

turbostud
10-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
A friend of mine on the Burnet coaching staff summed it up pretty well. "They don't have the size or speed they've had in the past and there is a talent drop off at the skill positions. That makes the slot-T pretty easy to defend".

We run the Slot T in 5a. We are having the same down year LH is, we are 1-4 so far. We have no speed or size. I take that back, we have the speed. They just dont know how to run with the football so they play Defense. When you run the Slot T without speed, its easy to defend. We have 5 seniors on the team, none of which even start. We will be returning all 11/11 next year. It happens.

Daddy D 11
10-04-2009, 04:12 PM
You said it, not me. :devil: :devil: :devil: :D

There was a tongue in cheek :p

Everything is fine here, there's no one in Liberty Hill Land that's freaking out. If you've seen a game this year at any point, you know that it's a down year. So be it. It's hard to win every time you step foot on the field. But when one of you wins 40 in a row, give LH a call. Until then... stay off our backs:devil: :D

j_dog
10-04-2009, 04:37 PM
It's hard to stay at the very top year in and out.
The year is not over yet. Never count out the Panthers, right Mom?

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
The year is not over yet. Never count out the Panthers, right Mom?
:thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
10-04-2009, 05:00 PM
:thumbsup:

:kiss:

DaHop72
10-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Seems some of the posters from there are in full meltdown mode. Is it lack of senior leadership? Youth? Inform an uninformed poster please and thank you. OMG, tell me that Old Tiger is not considering jumping off the bandwagon. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:devil: :devil:

navscanmaster
10-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
OMG, tell me that Old Tiger is not considering jumping off the bandwagon. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:devil: :devil:

UT is still winning, so Old Tiger is happy. Waiting for his meltdown mode though...

DaHop72
10-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
UT is still winning, so Old Tiger is happy. Waiting for his meltdown mode though... But Old Tiger is Liberty Hills #1 t-shirt fan. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Old Tiger
10-04-2009, 09:52 PM
But Old Tiger is Liberty Hills #1 t-shirt fan. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: i do have a couple of LH shirts(3 :D )

OMG, tell me that Old Tiger is not considering jumping off the bandwagon.

I'm just worried that my fellow Liberty Hillians are going crazy. They must remember that we are a young inexperienced team.

DaHop72
10-04-2009, 09:53 PM
i do have a couple of LH shirts(3 :D ) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GreenMonster
10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I may be WAY off base here, but the 1 time I went to watch LH last year was a playoff game. What I saw was about 15 or 16 kids that looked like absolute beasts, big thick legs and asses, pumped arms, and little or no neck. Athletes. Good looking ones at that. Most of those were graduating. The other 40 kids that LH had dressed looked like they had never stepped foot in the weight room at all, and guess what, the good looking athletic kids were on the field and the others sat until the game was well under control. My guess as to LH's poor performance so far is that "all the hard work" that Debbie was referring to that wasn't paying off that some kids and parents were complaining about was nowhere near the amount of "hard work" that the kids from previous teams had put in. If they had indeed worked as hard as those other kids then it would have shown up with 50 good looking athetic kids instead of just the 15 or 16 that were on the field making major contributions. Just my $.02 on the situation. I have not seen LH play this year, but from looking last year I personally kind of figured that the well was about to run dry. It's hard to win folks and even harder to win with inferior kids.

Tx Challenge
10-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I may be WAY off base here, but the 1 time I went to watch LH last year was a playoff game. What I saw was about 15 or 16 kids that looked like absolute beasts, big thick legs and asses, pumped arms, and little or no neck. Athletes. Good looking ones at that. Most of those were graduating. The other 40 kids that LH had dressed looked like they had never stepped foot in the weight room at all, and guess what, the good looking athletic kids were on the field and the others sat until the game was well under control. My guess as to LH's poor performance so far is that "all the hard work" that Debbie was referring to that wasn't paying off that some kids and parents were complaining about was nowhere near the amount of "hard work" that the kids from previous teams had put in. If they had indeed worked as hard as those other kids then it would have shown up with 50 good looking athetic kids instead of just the 15 or 16 that were on the field making major contributions. Just my $.02 on the situation. I have not seen LH play this year, but from looking last year I personally kind of figured that the well was about to run dry. It's hard to win folks and even harder to win with inferior kids.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I only agree with your first 7 words.

If you went to a playoff game, you saw kids dressed out from sub varsity as well, so yeah, those kids are prob going to be smaller.

Inferior kids? Classy choice of words.

Sure some kids work harder than others in the off season, but you are wrong if you question the dedication or work ethics of this team as a whole.

hookandladder
10-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by LHdog

Sounds like you hit the nail on the head, we went thru the same cycle after our 4 year run that ended with back to back championship game apperances- 1 State Title. LH will bounce back in time, it might take more time then some parents want to admitt or can handle. We scrimmaged there Freshmen and JV this year and they were average, no standout players.

LHHS_Mom
10-05-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm a bit confused here... since when is a first or second scrimmage at the beginning of a football year supposed to be a ' tell-all' of how a Freshman or JV team may do?
(which the Freshman team is currently 4-1)

Teamwork, dedication... it is all there with every ounce of sweat that drips off of them in practices, in the weight room and during game times.

Oh! Can someone explain to me the difference between playing football on a Thursday night with lights... to playing on a Friday night? Granted, I know that there are the extra elements of more fans, cheerleaders, and the band. What does ' being a young/inexperienced team' have to do with it? It is still football right?

:)

hookandladder
10-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by LHHS_Mom
I'm a bit confused here... since when is a first or second scrimmage at the beginning of a football year supposed to be a ' tell-all' of how a Freshman or JV team may do?
(which the Freshman team is currently 4-1)

Teamwork, dedication... it is all there with every ounce of sweat that drips off of them in practices, in the weight room and during game times.

Oh! Can someone explain to me the difference between playing football on a Thursday night with lights... to playing on a Friday night? Granted, I know that there are the extra elements of more fans, cheerleaders, and the band. What does ' being a young/inexperienced team' have to do with it? It is still football right?

:)

My comment is that there were no standout or stud players out there, meaning not much breakway speed or overall speed on this team. If you think young and inexperience has nothing to do with being a successful team, let's just say I won't go there. As far as playing on Thursday and Friday, I would say the biggest difference is the speed of the game. No comparison.

LE Dad
10-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
I would say the biggest difference is the speed of the game. No comparison. You are correct. The complexcity of the game increases also. Offensive reads and line adjusts blocking schemes. Defensive blitzes and coverages. The JV runs a plain version of what the Varsity runs.

LHHS_Mom
10-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Speed of a team is asseted from the onset? So I'm not sure why this keeps referencing back to Freshman or JV.
You could have a fast player or two but if there is no solid blocking...the team still doesn't function on all cylinders.

It is after all a...team effort.

:D

hookandladder
10-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by LHHS_Mom
Speed of a team is asseted from the onset? So I'm not sure why this keeps referencing back to Freshman or JV.
You could have a fast player or two but if there is no solid blocking...the team still doesn't function on all cylinders.

It is after all a...team effort.

Lack of talent with not much speed equals down years for a team. Coaching can only get you so far without talent, think this is the case in LH this year. Things will get better when talent get's better, it's a cycle most every team goes thru it. My reference to your Freshmen and JV teams is that the big time talent that LH had during their run does not seem to be with these younger teams.

LHHS_Mom
10-05-2009, 11:04 AM

GreenMonster
10-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge

Inferior kids? Classy choice of words.

You can spin it and twist my words against me any way you want, in the end I'm not an LH fan so whatever. If you had taken it in context (at least the context that was intended) you would realise that if the Jimmy's and Joe's on the other side of the ball are more athletic then you probably aren't going to have much success. With the schedule that LH plays, it is very conceivable that this is exactly what is happening. You can disagree with me all you want but I know that I saw a bunch of skinny, unathletic looking kids whether that was subvarsity or not that is what I saw standing on the sideline. After you graduate the seniors from last year this is what LH is playing with now. Have those kids continued to grow and fill out since I last saw them? Absolutely. So is it likely that LH has 15 or 16 good looking kids again this year? Absolutely. All I'm saying is that in my opinion LH was losing a lot and their wasn't alot on the cupboard to replace them with.

hookandladder
10-05-2009, 12:24 PM
You can spin it and twist my words against me any way you want, in the end I'm not an LH fan so whatever. If you had taken it in context (at least the context that was intended) you would realise that if the Jimmy's and Joe's on the other side of the ball are more athletic then you probably aren't going to have much success. With the schedule that LH plays, it is very conceivable that this is exactly what is happening. You can disagree with me all you want but I know that I saw a bunch of skinny, unathletic looking kids whether that was subvarsity or not that is what I saw standing on the sideline. After you graduate the seniors from last year this is what LH is playing with now. Have those kids continued to grow and fill out since I last saw them? Absolutely. So is it likely that LH has 15 or 16 good looking kids again this year? Absolutely. All I'm saying is that in my opinion LH was losing a lot and their wasn't alot on the cupboard to replace them with.

Reality is sometimes cruel and so is the truth sometimes. I understand what you saying.

wimbo_pro
10-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Also returning only 4 or 5 starters is usually a sign of whats to come.

Gobbla2001
10-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Also returning only 4 or 5 starters is usually a sign of whats to come.

But even returning 4 or 5 you'd figure a team like LH that has stuck to a system for so long would just plug in some guys... that's what they've done in the past, but I'm not sure their graduation has taken this many starters before...

You know it doesn't suprise me they're losing, it happens, it's suprising me that they're not scoring... teams have had the offense pretty much figured out before, but you still couldn't stop it... so I don't think it's just that teams know how to stop it...

How many starters return next year? is it a bump in the road or is the pavement chewed up for a while?

Tx Challenge
10-05-2009, 12:55 PM

G.M. I didnt twist anything. I also stated you are entitled to your opinion. I don't look at you as some punk trying to stir a pot. You have been around this board a while and I respect that. Fair enough?

No doubt we have faced teams that have great talent. I never have, never will take that away. We do play some tough teams, but that is part of our success. You have to play the best to grow and succeed. Kudos to coach Vance for seeing this.

We lose talent every year to graduation. Everyone does. Some years more than others. Yes, last year we had some big shoes to fill. We have had "bigger" teams in the past BUT we have also had smaller teams than the current year.

Our offseason is as tough as anyones. This years team works hard. My beef with your post is the comments of the "skinny unathletic" kids or "inferior " talent. Those kids you mention are working hard. They don't deserve to be bashed.

wimbo_pro
10-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
But even returning 4 or 5 you'd figure a team like LH that has stuck to a system for so long would just plug in some guys... that's what they've done in the past, but I'm not sure their graduation has taken this many starters before...

You know it doesn't suprise me they're losing, it happens, it's suprising me that they're not scoring... teams have had the offense pretty much figured out before, but you still couldn't stop it... so I don't think it's just that teams know how to stop it...

How many starters return next year? is it a bump in the road or is the pavement chewed up for a while?

Cuero input doesnt count on this topic...you guys are good every stinking year no matter what!! What the hell is going on down there?????

Gobbla2001
10-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Cuero input doesnt count on this topic...you guys are good every stinking year no matter what!! What the hell is going on down there?????

we recruit the Liberty Hill area... we've been leavin' 'em some guys most years (apparently some good'ns), but with only 3 starters returning for this season we had to take more than usual...

Nah, we have our down years... like our 8-4, 9-2, 6-4 and 5-6 years from '99 to '02? The 9-2 in '03 doesn't count as down because that team only returned 2-3 starters from the 5-6 team and was the first year with a new coach, so awesome job there...

Nah seriously, if I had to guess I think LH is going through a talent drought mixed with teams being more familiar with the offense... it can't be one and not the other... I'd guess that LH's talent today is around where it was before the '04 season... they were winning ball-games but not over that hump... difference then was teams hadn't played LH's new and funky offense before and it wasn't like they got a dose of it against any other team... when the talent caught up to the scheme it was lights out time for the opposition... I mean we played LH in '05, '06 and '07... in '05 we gave up 14 points, in '06 it was in the 20s and in '07 it broke 40 in a close one... I guarantee you Cuero was best prepared to face that offensive scheme in '07, difference was the talent had caught up in LH... with that talent in '04, I think LH gets by Jasper and maybe wins their first title then...

but now that their offense has been seen time and time again through themselves and other teams starting to pick it up, AND the talent has fallen off, it's a lot easier for teams to stop...

I'll never doubt the heart of those boys, they're some hard-playing sonsa-biscuits... also the last thing I'd do is completely change that offense, it's in their blood... adding to it with a few wrinkles? you have to, gotta score...

aint gunna be as fun without LH in the mix...

GreenMonster
10-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
G.M. I didnt twist anything. My beef with your post is the comments of the "skinny unathletic" kids or "inferior " talent. Those kids you mention are working hard. They don't deserve to be bashed.

OK, fine. You didn't twist anything, you just chose to not include key parts of my statement. I didn't call them "skinny unathletic" kids, I called them "skinny unathletic looking" kids. That's exactly what they looked like to me and I was right next to them with Debbie and Juggs as they came onto the field after halftime against Vernon. As far as the "inferior talent" comment is concerned, if they aren't as good as what they are competing against then that is a spot on observation. I'm sorry if the truth hurts, but you guys lost some kids that were beasts I'm not trying to run your kids down just relay what I saw with my own eyes.

LH_Tuff
10-06-2009, 07:58 AM
OK, fine. You didn't twist anything, you just chose to not include key parts of my statement. I didn't call them "skinny unathletic" kids, I called them "skinny unathletic looking" kids. That's exactly what they looked like to me and I was right next to them with Debbie and Juggs as they came onto the field after halftime against Vernon. As far as the "inferior talent" comment is concerned, if they aren't as good as what they are competing against then that is a spot on observation. I'm sorry if the truth hurts, but you guys lost some kids that were beasts I'm not trying to run your kids down just relay what I saw with my own eyes.

You know. I usually avoid the controversial discussions. However, this is one time I must say something.

GreenMonster - How many LH games have you actually been to? You mention one. And how many years have you been watching LH? I ask these questions for a reason. Yes, for the last 3 years LH has been blessed with some superior talent. And yes, there has been a drop off this year. However, do you remember the LH teams prior to 2005? LH has really never had the size , speed, or athletes of other teams. What they have always had is heart, determination and stamina. This years team is no different. The majority of this team has now played 5 varsity games. I said before this season started that this year would be a learning experience and that I expect next year this group will be a force once again. Wait and see.

As far as you unathletic statement - Nothing can be farther from the truth. If these kids survive the LH program, I promise you they are athletes. I would invite you to spend one week in the LH program. Then you would think about your statement. I guarantee you that those 'unathletic' kids would knock your jock into the next county.

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff

I would invite you to spend one week in the LH program.

Are you like, Coach Vance? :eek:

wimbo_pro
10-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I would invite you to spend one week in the LH program.

Hell, I can't even stay one week in a Betty Ford program.

LH_Tuff
10-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Are you like, Coach Vance? :eek:

No, but I do have 2 sons who play football in LH.

Tx Challenge
10-06-2009, 10:26 AM

I am done on the subject. I find it humorous that you say I chose to ignore this or twist words. I quoted your entire statement. You chose to edit mine....Have a great day

Tx Challenge
10-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Hell, I can't even stay one week in a Betty Ford program.

Are the family still checking you out of the physc ward to go to the games?:D

GreenMonster
10-06-2009, 12:30 PM
You know. I usually avoid the controversial discussions. However, this is one time I must say something.

GreenMonster - How many LH games have you actually been to? You mention one. And how many years have you been watching LH? I ask these questions for a reason. Yes, for the last 3 years LH has been blessed with some superior talent. And yes, there has been a drop off this year. However, do you remember the LH teams prior to 2005? LH has really never had the size , speed, or athletes of other teams. What they have always had is heart, determination and stamina. This years team is no different. The majority of this team has now played 5 varsity games. I said before this season started that this year would be a learning experience and that I expect next year this group will be a force once again. Wait and see.

As far as you unathletic statement - Nothing can be farther from the truth. If these kids survive the LH program, I promise you they are athletes. I would invite you to spend one week in the LH program. Then you would think about your statement. I guarantee you that those 'unathletic' kids would knock your jock into the next county.

OK, so you are saying that I was right. These kids are not the beasts the LH has been putting on the field for the last couple of years and that they are still growing into it. That's exactly what I have been saying. Maybe you guys chose to have issue with my choice of wording but you do not disagree with my message which is and has always been: THIS TEAM IS STILL RECOVERING FROM GRADUATION.

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 12:34 PM
but you do not disagree with my message which is and has always been: THIS TEAM IS STILL RECOVERING FROM GRADUATION.

I'm pretty sure what made them mad was your comment that "These kids playing for Liberty Hill now probably haven't eaten a meal in three months and lift weights with the pre-schoolers after nap-time, that is if they're not at Juvee for robbing an 85 year old cross-walker, which was probably able to defeat them before calling police because they are so weak"... it's pretty clear what you were implying here :thinking:

wimbo_pro
10-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty sure what made them mad was your comment that "These kids playing for Liberty Hill now probably haven't eaten a meal in three months and lift weights with the pre-schoolers after nap-time, that is if they're not at Juvee for robbing an 85 year old cross-walker, which was probably able to defeat them before calling police because they are so weak"... it's pretty clear what you were implying here :thinking:

<<<<going over and over this thread trying to follow...head begins to hurt....calls Betty Ford...'hey, it's Wimbo-Pro....kids are great, thanks for asking....yep, i'll be there...3 oclock? My old room? Great...">>>>>

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Can we please just let this thread die? Thanks.

Old Tiger
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Can we please just let this thread die? Thanks. Nope.....its going to last forever like herpes!

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
this thread might not be a good one, but by God it's a thread and what kinda doctor would I be if I just let it die?

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Nope.....its going to last forever like herpes!

HAHAHAHA

GreenMonster
10-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Some people don't get it D.

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 12:59 PM
just a big misunderstanding... people get defensive when negative things are said about the boys in their community... you weren't coming from a bad place...

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
just a big misunderstanding... people get defensive when negative things are said about the boys in their community

Word.

hookandladder
10-06-2009, 01:21 PM
just a big misunderstanding... people get defensive when negative things are said about the boys in their community... you weren't coming from a bad place...

Hit nail on head.

LHHS_Mom
10-06-2009, 02:23 PM
You would too if it were boys in your community or even your kids right?
It is no different :D

Honestly the hardest part is watching them get injured, having to then sit out for a week or three while the sport that they absolutely love begins to dwell in the weeks they have left to play.:(

fourbeee
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
The bottom line is it doesn't matter how great the system is, you still have to have the kids to run it. Unless, like Cuero, no matter what the system is, the athletes just materialize year end and year out. Why that happens in some places and not others, who knows? Maybe parents like to move their kids where the traditions is always winning. LH will be back. When???????

wimbo_pro
10-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Been there...done that....got one year of heaven. You have two. Suck it up, fight hard, don't lose the faith. This is all you have when this happens. And when it comes back around, its just that much sweeter.

You can build just as much character in the kids if you don't have a championship year as when you do. Don't forget, its all about the kids, not our egos.