PDA

View Full Version : Running Clock in Van Vleck game

Antec
10-03-2009, 02:11 PM
With 7 minutes left in the third quarter of Van Vleck-Bloomington game, they decided to run the clock without stopping it for the rest of the game.

Leopards were up 42-0 and final was 49-0

Guess both coaches agreed to do it-First time I've attended game where they did it and this was around my 450th game since the late 60s

rangerjoe33
10-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I know in Florida there is a point in the game that the coaches have no impact on that decision, they took the coaches/administrators out of the decision so as not to make it situation where "the coach/administrators gave up on their team", I am not sure how it works here in Texas but it may be the same...

Astrosdawg07
10-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Antec
With 7 minutes left in the third quarter of Van Vleck-Bloomington game, they decided to run the clock without stopping it for the rest of the game.

Leopards were up 42-0 and final was 49-0

Guess both coaches agreed to do it-First time I've attended game where they did it and this was around my 450th game since the late 60s

I know in the Jasper Hamshire Fannett game they did the same thing.

TexMike
10-03-2009, 06:32 PM
There is no pre-established rule in Texas. The way many of us handle is when the game is out of reach we start running the clock. Also, if the losing coach asks for it to be run we will start doing so. We generally do not ask the losing coach if we can do so because we do not want to put them in the "giving up" position.

ziggy29
10-03-2009, 07:09 PM
It happened in the 2nd half in the Llano-Ingram game last year, too.