PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 6 Top 10

R3Editor
10-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Many teams had the "bye" this week but there are some movers and no one fell out.

1. Gilmer
2. Carthage
3. Navasota
4. Rockdale
5. Jasper
6. West Orange-Stark
7. Brownsboro
8. Cleveland
9. Bridge City
10. Mexia

j_dog
10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
looks good! :)

navscanmaster
10-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by R3Editor
Many teams had the "bye" this week but there are some movers and no one fell out.

1. Gilmer
2. Carthage
3. Navasota
4. Rockdale
5. Jasper
6. West Orange-Stark
7. Brownsboro
8. Cleveland
9. Bridge City
10. Mexia

I don't know. If I had to pick, I would leave the top 6 as is, and then:

7. Caldwell
8. Cleveland
9. Mexia
10. Brownsboro

After #9, there is a wide swath of teams that can beat up on each other.

WOS1
10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Telling you guys, Bridge City has no business in this top 10. Not this year anyway.

WOS87
10-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Despite their 3-2 record I would not be surprised if La Vega still does some damage as well

Old Tiger
10-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Despite their 3-2 record I would not be surprised if La Vega still does some damage as well Their district opener will be a huge test for them!

j_dog
10-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Telling you guys, Bridge City has no business in this top 10. Not this year anyway.
Is the editor from BC? :D

aggiejon85
10-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Rockdale is overrated, there defense is carrying them.

cntdwn
10-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by aggiejon85
Rockdale is overrated, there defense is carrying them.

ya think?

cntdwn
10-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I don't know. If I had to pick, I would leave the top 6 as is, and then:

7. Caldwell
8. Cleveland
9. Mexia
10. Brownsboro

After #9, there is a wide swath of teams that can beat up on each other.

Caldwell could be 7-1 and they'd find a way to exclude them. Where have u been?

88bobcats
10-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Is the editor from BC? :D

Yes, I believe he is......

Silsbee had Jasper beat with two minutes left, and their coaches made a bad call. There's no way Bridge City is better than Silsbee.

Silsbee is DEFINITELY the best 1-4 team in Class AAA. Their pre-district schedule has been brutal, and they open district with WO-S this week.

j_dog
10-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Yes, I believe he is...... (HAD TO BE! :D )

Silsbee had Jasper beat with two minutes left, and their coaches made a bad call. There's no way Bridge City is better than Silsbee.

Silsbee is DEFINITELY the best 1-4 team in Class AAA. Their pre-district schedule has been brutal, and they open district with WO-S this week.
Personally, I think Silsbee played Jasper tougher than did WOS. For WOS to win this week, the team that played BR needs to show up.

In truth though, Jasper did not run the same offense against Silsbee that they did against WOS. Jasper stayed with the Triple I against Silsbee until the last drive when they switched to the shotgun. Then, Silsbee didn't handle that any better than did WOS as evidenced by the quick last second Jasper score.

navscanmaster
10-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by cntdwn
Caldwell could be 7-1 and they'd find a way to exclude them. Where have u been?

Standing up for your team every week. I never have anything but love for the Hornets until this week.

eagles_victory
10-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Brownsboro 7.... Mexia beats Brownsboro by 40 I guarantee it.

WOS1
10-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Personally, I think Silsbee played Jasper tougher than did WOS. For WOS to win this week, the team that played BR needs to show up.

In truth though, Jasper did not run the same offense against Silsbee that they did against WOS. Jasper stayed with the Triple I against Silsbee until the last drive when they switched to the shotgun. Then, Silsbee didn't handle that any better than did WOS as evidenced by the quick last second Jasper score.

Yeah, the Jasper coaching staff threw WOS a huge curve when they came out in the gun, running the zone read. When they ran the Stacked I on us they didn't move the ball at all. We were not prepared for what they ran and, obviously, couldn't make adjustments.

j_dog
10-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah, the Jasper coaching staff threw WOS a huge curve when they came out in the gun, running the zone read. When they ran the Stacked I on us they didn't move the ball at all. We were not prepared for what they ran and, obviously, couldn't make adjustments.
Well Silsbee had two weeks to prepare, and slowed the I some, but did not stop it like WOS did. I guess it is all about matchups. My take Friday against Silsbee that perhaps Jasper coaches were more interested in practicing the I than they were in piling up yards. Also, I feel sure controlling the clock and running time off was a huge consideration also. In retrospect, they played it perfectly. You don't need to give a team like Silsbee too much time to gun for the end zone.

Hupernikomen
10-05-2009, 09:25 PM

The TD run by Alvis, was it out of the triple I or the spread?

AggiesAreWe
10-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Well Silsbee had two weeks to prepare, and slowed the I some, but did not stop it like WOS did. I guess it is all about matchups. My take Friday against Silsbee that perhaps Jasper coaches were more interested in practicing the I than they were in piling up yards. Also, I feel sure controlling the clock and running time off was a huge consideration also. In retrospect, they played it perfectly. You don't need to give a team like Silsbee too much time to gun for the end zone.

Jasper's yardage in Silsbee game:

rushing 166, passing 52, total 218.

Jasper had 66 yards rushing in the second half, 84 total.

OldBison75
10-06-2009, 08:32 AM
BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POINT OF THIS THREAD:

1. Gilmer
2. Carthage
3. Navasota
4. Jasper
5. West Orange Stark
6. Rockdale
7. Cleveland
8. Mexia
9. Brownsboro
10. Caldwell

This weeks games may really clarify the picture in Region 3.

WOS1
10-06-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
The TD run by Alvis, was it out of the triple I or the spread?

It was out of he spread... Just a simple zone read. We run the zone read, still not sure why our D end couldn't seem to stay at home. Alvis had a few good runs out of it. If my memory serves, Japser did not get a first down out of the triple I.