PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GOTW: Bellville Brahmas vs. La Grange Leopards

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2009, 12:46 AM
.sorry Reg IV Editor, when I merged the two threads, I messed up. 44inarow

After a good pre-district for 25-3a, it all starts to count this week with 3 play-off spots on the line. The top 4 play each other with Giddings vs Sealy and Bellville vs La Grange, not to leave out a very good Smithville vs Columbus match-up.
Bellville 4-1 will have to play its best game to date to get a win over a 5-0 team from La grange. This game will be in the Pasture and during Fair week for Austin County. Who will get the early edge in this very good district? One of the best Districts in 3a

Bull's-eye
10-03-2009, 01:49 AM
Bellville will definitely have to tighten up their pass defense. Bellville had some problems with the speedy QB's from Navasota & Brookshire. These guys were very dangerous running out of the spread formation, especially on plays where their receivers were covered. Bellville will have to contain & pressure the QB. Keeping the LG receivers from getting beyond the Brahma pass coverage is a must. Last year, LG scored their 2 TD's on long plays. One was at the end of the first half, with Bellville playing a prevent coverage. The Bellville corner bites on a hook, which allows the WR to zip pass him for a long TD.

jrhernandez7
10-03-2009, 01:59 AM
Let the Games begin!!! opening week in district and dist. 25 has a 5-0 vs. 5-0 matchup, a 5-0 vs 4-1 matchup, and a 4-1 vs 4-1 matchup. honestly i truely belive any 3 out of this district is capable of going 2-3 rounds deep at least in region 4

CueroDad08
10-03-2009, 07:47 AM
What teams are the home teams in these games this weeks? That could be big

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 08:50 AM
I think bellville will be okay covering the la grange recievers, la grange does not have the speed navasota had....but I'm not counting out la grange, yet to see them play, but I heard they have a lot of playmakers on their team...

trg
10-03-2009, 11:08 AM
As always I am rooting for the Bulls. Build on the win against Wharton and keep up the intensity.

GO BRAHMAS!!!!!

R4Editor
10-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Bellville Brahmas vs. La Grange Leopards

As district games get underway throughout the region, there is no shortage of games to choose from for GOTW.
Sealy/Giddings, Cuero/Yoakum, Sinton/Mathis, Stafford/Sweeny, Bandera/Pearsall…the list is long of potential candidates for GOTW.

We think La Grange @ Bellville will have a huge impact not only on who wins D25, but who makes the playoffs. And believe us, who makes the playoffs out of D25 impacts who advances out of region IV.

The La Grange passing game is the best in our region. The question becomes can Bellville slow it down enough to allow their offense to control the clock and score enough points to win the game. A high scoring game favors La Grange; a physical defensive battle favors the Brahmas. A classic match up.

muscatcannelli
10-03-2009, 03:00 PM
i think bellville will pull out the win. their pass D is doing great. they moved #18 to safety who was starting on Defense some where else an #9 the old safety to linebacker. they both cover well. that move made their pass D better in my opinon and from the looks on the field. while #18 has come up with 3 picks in 3 games and not let anyone behind him, i believe 1 taken away on a silly pass interfernc call. #9 and #21 had a pick 6 against the tigers as #18 almost did too. their 2 corners do a good job in coverage too. then that hard hitting D of bellville will cause some fumbles if that QB from La Grange tries to thread a needle. # 36 on bellville is not the guy you wana run into anytime, or that ball will be on the ground. the most points the bellville D have given up was against navasota, only 24. so if that offense can put them points up, bellville will be a tough playoff contender. bellville has so much talent. once that offense gets rolling. watch out! D25 is gona be an exciteing district to watch. best of luck to both teams. im ready to watch and hear about all the teams in this district playing eachother, especially sealy vs. bellville after last year. sealy did get lucky, but got the win and thats all that matters. but the intensity was so high because sealy vandalized bellviles field. so this year's game will be a hard hitting game. giddings vs. bellville will also be a great game after last year's regular season game and playoff game. exspect some great football in D25!

Pudlugger
10-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Bellville's D is very strong. If they can hold the Leps to 14 points they should win. The Lep d should hold the Bulls to under 21. I see this game as being very close going down to the final possession. Naturally I'll take the Leps by a td.:)

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Bellville's D is very strong. If they can hold the Leps to 14 points they should win. The Lep d should hold the Bulls to under 21. I see this game as being very close going down to the final possession. Naturally I'll take the Leps by a td.:)

Holding a striking leps offense to 14 points will be a real task for the bellville defense to do...
It will be a close game it could go either way,
Bellville win by td late in 4th :-) tehe

muscatcannelli
10-03-2009, 03:48 PM
how many points do the leps put up a game and whats the best team they have played this year. just curious on how they are

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Can we get a thread merge???

And I don't think it will be a high scoring game....I say the winner of the game will have no more than 24 points...

But hey its football, anythings possible...

Pudlugger
10-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by muscatcannelli
how many points do the leps put up a game and whats the best team they have played this year. just curious on how they are

The Leps average 38 points on offense and give up 10 on defense. They have two shutouts to their credit against Yoakum and Goliad and allowed only 3 points to Gonzales. Needville @ 4-1 was their best opponent. 4A Lockhart @ 3-2 was next best while Yoakum @ 2-3 was third. All three of these teams should make the play offs. They blew out Gonzales and Goliad.

muscatcannelli
10-03-2009, 04:24 PM
so La Grange hasnt been tested by a great team like bellville was against navasota. should be intresting to see if the leps are ready for bellville. that ofense hasnt played a D like bellville yet. but bellvilles offense could give the game to the leps if they dont put points up. im goin with a low scoreing game

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 05:01 PM
so La Grange hasnt been tested by a great team like bellville was against navasota. should be intresting to see if the leps are ready for bellville. that ofense hasnt played a D like bellville yet. but bellvilles offense could give the game to the leps if they dont put points up. im goin with a low scoreing game

I think your bout right...bellville had a challenging predistrict schedule, with a tough caldwell team, livingston team and navasota team...most games come down to turnovers....

sports mom
10-03-2009, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by beastyboyz
I think your bout right...bellville had a challenging predistrict schedule, with a tough caldwell team, livingston team and navasota team...most games come down to turnovers.... [/
QUOTE]

I can maybe agree with a tough Caldwell team, Navasost has a good team but Livingston, that's another story. Have relatives that live in Livingston and say Livingston does not have a good team. They are still building, it will take about 2 years before Livingston has anything to talk about.

Pudlugger
10-03-2009, 07:02 PM

Needville will probably be D26 Champion. They are still running under the radar but by week 10 they likely will be 9-1 or 8-2. They are very tough. I would take them over Caldwell and Livingston. Navasota is a legit top 10 team and they beat Bellville handily. So I don't think the notion that the Leps haven't been tested is valid. I think Bellville is going to be tested especially their pass defense. :cool:

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Livingston is better than wht your relatives may think, the game after bellville they score 64 points on the opponent, and navasota didn't "handle" bellville, they just beat bellville, the game was rather good. Both teams played with high intensity...

sports mom
10-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
Livingston is better than wht your relatives may think, the game after bellville they score 64 points on the opponent, and navasota didn't "handle" bellville, they just beat bellville, the game was rather good. Both teams played with high intensity...

:hand: :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
10-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Navasota is a legit top 10 team and they beat Bellville handily.

:rolleyes: No disrespect to Navasota, but they did not beat Bellville handily. Bellville ended the game inside the 1 yard line and had missed a FG early in the 3rd qtr.The game ended 24-14 & stats were fairly even. Bellville had 3 INT's and a couple of penalties that were very costly.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by sports mom

I can maybe agree with a tough Caldwell team, Navasost has a good team but Livingston, that's another story. Have relatives that live in Livingston and say Livingston does not have a good team. They are still building, it will take about 2 years before Livingston has anything to talk about.

Have your relatives been to a game? Last year we heard the same thing about Livington and they were District champs 6-1.

Pudlugger
10-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Huddle Up has them at 106.

Bull's-eye
10-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Have your relatives been to a game? Last year we heard the same thing about Livington and they were District champs 6-1.

Livingston is averaging 46 points in their 3 games following their game against Bellville. The Brahmas held them to 13 points & one TD was a result of a Bellville fumble deep in their side of the field.

sports mom
10-04-2009, 09:49 AM

That was last year. Alot of things can change.

Yes, their daughter is a cheerleader. Livingston is not even in the top 25 in Class 4A according to the Lone Star Gridiron, Dave Campbell's High School website has then #6 out of 8 in their district and they are 0-1 in District.

Pudlugger
10-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Back on topic. The Leps have had a week off to prepare for this game. The Brahmas are coming off a lopsided win over Wharton which should give them momentum going into Friday's match. Fair week notwithstanding the Bulls will be well prepared for the Leps. Will they put up the blitz again which was so effective in 2008? The Bellville D will need to limit the Leps to less than 21 to win. This will be an exciting game.

Bull's-eye
10-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Bye weeks can be good & bad. Some teams come out rusty or get out of rhythm following a bye week, but it can also allow some players to heal up from injuries. Coaches do have an extra week to prepare, not sure they need the extra time.

LH Panther Mom
10-04-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm rooting for the purple and gold and my coworkers' sons. :cheerl: :cheerl:

No offense to Bellville intended. :)

beastyboyz
10-04-2009, 12:08 PM
foster and the rest of his crew probably has something set up to sto the la grange passing game....he's a great defensive coordinator...

im just ready to get this game going, im ready to watch one of the best games this year...

superior offense vs superior defense

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Good luck to both. I picked La Grange to win because I saw how much trouble Navasota gave Bellville with the spread. However, I dont believe that La Grange is as good as Navasota. But, I do believe that the Leps have what it takes to beat the Brahmas.

Spread It Out
10-04-2009, 01:56 PM
For Bellville to win this game they're going to have to get to the quarterback and not let him sit back and have his way with Bellville's average pass defense. In Bellville's win over La Grange last year Bellville's pass rush was critical and will be again this year. Bellville had a great game plan offensively last week and hopefully will be able carry that over to Friday's game as well.

All that being said, I'm going with Bellville in this one due to the fact that it's being played at the Pasture but I think it will be very close with the score ending up with about a TD difference. I will not be surprised at all if La Grange walks away with a W in this one though.

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Spread It Out
it's being played at the Pasture

I didn't realize that the game was in Bellville. :thinking:

I may have to change my pick.

Pudlugger
10-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
I didn't realize that the game was in Bellville. :thinking:

I may have to change my pick.

It is always difficult to beat Bellville at home. The Leps will need to play four quarters of error free football to win this one. I know our town will be there to back them up. There will be a lot of traffic down 159 next Friday evening. Go Leps! Bring it to Bellville.

Daddy D 11
10-04-2009, 04:36 PM
La Grange wins.

sabre1
10-04-2009, 05:57 PM
The Leps average 38 points on offense and give up 10 on defense. They have two shutouts to their credit against Yoakum and Goliad and allowed only 3 points to Gonzales. Needville @ 4-1 was their best opponent. 4A Lockhart @ 3-2 was next best while Yoakum @ 2-3 was third. All three of these teams should make the play offs. They blew out Gonzales and Goliad.

It is hard to take your points avg seriously, not a very tough schedule.
Let them put up 38 against Bellville and win then I will take them seriously.

Pudlugger
10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by sabre1
It is hard to take your points avg seriously, not a very tough schedule.
Let them put up 38 against Bellville and win then I will take them seriously.

Well I betcha' the Bellville coaches are taking them seriously. If not, well ....:rolleyes:

OldBison75
10-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Bellville has the type defense that makes it hard for anyone to score big on them, but LaGrange has the offense to make little mistakes turn into points. I just believe that LaGrange will come into the pasture with the most to gain and will play that way. As much respect as I have for Bellville, I haven't seen them play lights out sonce the first half of the first week. I hope they find the ON switch this week and show what they have the athletes to accomplish, but they will still have to prove they can for four quarters.

OldBison75
10-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
:rolleyes: No disrespect to Navasota, but they did not beat Bellville handily. Bellville ended the game inside the 1 yard line and had missed a FG early in the 3rd qtr.The game ended 24-14 & stats were fairly even. Bellville had 3 INT's and a couple of penalties that were very costly.

I believe you need to review the game stats a little. Both teams had 164 yards passing and Navasota had about 60 more rushing yards. Bellville had 3 interception and Navasota had five fumbles and lost two. Navasota had three drives stopped inside the Bellville 30 by fumbles. Neither team had alot of breaks by penalties. 24-14 on your field in a matchup of highly ranked teams on your senior night is impressive to everyone but you.

Bull's-eye
10-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I believe you need to review the game stats a little. Both teams had 164 yards passing and Navasota had about 60 more rushing yards. Bellville had 3 interception and Navasota had five fumbles and lost two. Navasota had three drives stopped inside the Bellville 30 by fumbles. Neither team had alot of breaks by penalties. 24-14 on your field in a matchup of highly ranked teams on your senior night is impressive to everyone but you.

Never said the Navasota win wasn't impressive, just wouldn't say the Rattlers handily defeated Bellville. Total stats were 412-353 is fairly close. I'm basically disputing the word "handily". Here's the definition:

hand·i·ly (hnd-l, -dl-)
adv.
1. In an easy manner

Bull's-eye
10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Good luck to both. I picked La Grange to win because I saw how much trouble Navasota gave Bellville with the spread.

Navasota has a very potent running game, plus a QB that has game changing ability running & throwing. Does LG have a running game equal to Navasota? Does the LG quarterback possess the running speed of the Rattler QB?

Actually, Bellville defended the LG spread very well in last year's game.

ExBrahmaZ
10-04-2009, 08:36 PM
I just cant see LaGrange Offense doing alot to Bellville's defense not saying they won't score just saying i don't think they will score much. I m worried about Bellville's offense putting up points on a defense that is allowing what was it an average of 3 per game?

LHS 2SONS
10-04-2009, 08:40 PM
This game will be the game that most people are curious about. Bellville did defense LG very well last year. LG last year swapped qb's every series and in my opinion if you had a bad series and do not go in the next series it is hard for not only for the qb to regroup, but all of the other offensive players have to adjust as well. The 2 receiving touchdowns Bellville gave up last year, Schneider was the qb. Will this be the difference? Friday night about 10:00 we will all know. Good Luck LEPS, Friday night will start the dog fight for the next five weeks.

tiger eye
10-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Why not just script it out in storybook fashion.
4 of top 5 play each other in week one of this district.
GOTW in Bellville against La Grange.
15 miles south its the top ranked buffalo against
the tigers.
get ready for the excuses from north of the Mill Creek, and who ever has the ball last in the game in Sealy will eek out a victory. Field goal points
may come into play Friday, and that advantage goes to the Tigers.
best to all four for safe outings

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Navasota has a very potent running game, plus a QB that has game changing ability running & throwing. Does LG have a running game equal to Navasota? Does the LG quarterback possess the running speed of the Rattler QB?

Actually, Bellville defended the LG spread very well in last year's game.

Good Point...

beastyboyz
10-05-2009, 12:09 AM
I'll have to go with bellville I think...

If bellville can get their offense going, they will probably win, I don't think la grange has seen the speed bellville has seen, the navasota game showed a lot about the pass defense of bellville, but la grange does not have the QB tht navasota has, he's was a dual threat.

I'm gonna say bellville 28-21

But hey who know wht can happen..turnover will be a big part of the game

hookandladder
10-05-2009, 06:22 AM
I'll have to go with bellville I think...

If bellville can get their offense going, they will probably win, I don't think la grange has seen the speed bellville has seen, the navasota game showed a lot about the pass defense of bellville, but la grange does not have the QB tht navasota has, he's was a dual threat.

I'm gonna say bellville 28-21

But hey who know wht can happen..turnover will be a big part of the game

After seeing what all our D-25 team's have done in Pre-District games, I will say the 3 teams that play the best defense throughout District will take the 3 playoff spots. Meaning you cannot afford to have one bad game defensively in District, 1 game could cost you a playoff spot. With that being said we will find out just how good LG's defense is also if our QB can handle the pressure that the bulls put on him I feel this year is our best shot to come out of the pasture with a win.

Pudlugger
10-05-2009, 08:59 AM
la grange does not have the QB tht navasota has

You obviously haven't seen our qb. Bellville hasn't played against an offense as explosive as La Grange. The Leps can put up points very fast. I don't think the Bellville blitz will be as effective as it was in the second half last year. Our defense is much better this year as well. Bellville's challenge will be to hold the Leps down to below 21. That will be very hard to do. Go Leps!

Spread It Out
10-05-2009, 10:14 AM
You obviously haven't seen our qb. Bellville hasn't played against an offense as explosive as La Grange. The Leps can put up points very fast. I don't think the Bellville blitz will be as effective as it was in the second half last year. Our defense is much better this year as well. Bellville's challenge will be to hold the Leps down to below 21. That will be very hard to do. Go Leps!

I have seen LG's QB and can honestly say the Navasota kid was hands down the more talented player. Navasota also has a more explosive offense than LG, Navasota can beat a team with either the rushing or passing game and from what I've been hearing LG has been struggling with the running game (although it may have gotten better by now) and are more of a one-dimensional offense.

TRENCHES06
10-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Tom Brady type vs. Michael Vick type. I'm sure each offense is taylored to the talent of the team.

Spread It Out
10-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Tom Brady type vs. Michael Vick type. I'm sure each offense is taylored to the talent of the team.

:iagree:

Bull's-eye
10-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Not knocking the LG QB, but the Rattler QB poses more of a duel threat. Bellville had to really worry about keeping him in the pocket. Several times, either by design or when nothing was open, he made big plays running the ball. He was very elusive against the Bellville pressure.

TRENCHES06
10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
LG QB: 304 passing yds/game , 17 yds rushing/ game

Navasota QB: 131 passing yds/game, 125 rushing yds/game

2 completely different styles.

Quite honestly, Navasota has as much talent/speed as ANY team in 3A.

La Grange pulls its wins out with a little talent and a LOT of heart.

Bull's-eye
10-05-2009, 12:11 PM
The funny thing about stats is you have to factor the difference in competition. Bellville averages 42 points while playing Wharton and only 14 points against Navasota. If teams played the same opponents, stats would definitely be more of a true indicator.

hookandladder
10-05-2009, 12:16 PM
LG QB: 304 passing yds/game , 17 yds rushing/ game

Navasota QB: 131 passing yds/game, 125 rushing yds/game

2 completely different styles.

Quite honestly, Navasota has as much talent/speed as ANY team in 3A.

La Grange pulls its wins out with a little talent and a LOT of heart.

Good ifo., I am quite sure any coach in 3A would be pretty satisified with those # from their QB. Both are very productive, both are very different styles. Have not seen the Navasota QB however the La Grange QB's running #'s are down but I can tell you when he needs to run he is a load that will put a hit on you.

teetle
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I's just got a feeling. It mays just bes gas. but Bellville bes the one whos gonna win theys game. LaGrange theys be good too. Theys number 3 behing Bellville and Sealy. Bellville and Sealy theys bes a toss up.:D :D :weeping:

hookandladder
10-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by teetle
I's just got a feeling. It mays just bes gas. but Bellville bes the one whos gonna win theys game. LaGrange theys be good too. Theys number 3 behing Bellville and Sealy. Bellville and Sealy theys bes a toss up.:D :D :weeping:

So you think Giddings is the odd team out. Wow.

Pudlugger
10-05-2009, 02:25 PM
We'll know a lot more about D25 Friday night at about 10:30 PM.

TRENCHES06
10-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Giddings is playing the BEST all around football right now. Sealy has no idea what's coming their way.

Pudlugger
10-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Back on topic. The Leps have been running the ball pretty well since game 2. They have some weapons that might surprise folks. Looking forward to Friday night.:D

buff4ever
10-05-2009, 03:49 PM
La Grange has not played anyone that could step on the field with Bellville this year.

This game in my opinion will be in the 20's for both teams, with the winner to be determined. I voted for bellville due to strength of schedule. However, I can easily see LG pulling this one out over a still learning their idea of themselves Bellville with revised coaching staff.

Being at the pasture will help bellville feel a little more comfortable in biggest game of the year against a great offense.

Pudlugger
10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Actually Needville could hang with Bellville in my opinion. They might not win but it would be a close ball game. Lockhart could step on the field as well. :cool:

SHSBulldog00
10-05-2009, 09:18 PM
I just feel like La Grange is playing better right now.

ExBrahmaZ
10-06-2009, 12:48 AM
I think we should tell the Bellville players (and probably the coaches too) to stay away fro Randy Rogers on Thurs. hahahaha

teetle
10-06-2009, 07:46 AM
No Giddings is the real deal. i's gots to have hopes for the home team. This district is tuff. Wes sees after Friday how it's going.:eek: :eek::bigcry:

Pudlugger
10-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I just feel like La Grange is playing better right now.

Yes, La Grange is playing at the top of their game right now. Their defense has been playing lights out allowing only 10 points per game. Many have pointed to the Lep running game as being weak yet they have run the ball consistently averaging over 100 yards on the ground and 300 yards in the air. When you have so many weapons at receiver and a qb who can get the ball off accurately and quickly it makes it a no brainer to throw the rock more. However, the Leps can run if they have to which makes defensing them problematic.

Bull's-eye
10-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Looking back at the Needville/LG game, the Leps didn't run very well. LG rushed the ball 23 times for a total of 45 yards (1.96 ave). The Jays were much better running the ball, gaining 169 yards on 37 attempts (4.57 ave). Needville lost 5 of 6 fumbles in a 28-22 loss, but outgained the leps in total yards 287-262.

Pudlugger
10-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Looking back at the Needville/LG game, the Leps didn't run very well. LG rushed the ball 23 times for a total of 45 yards (1.96 ave). The Jays were much better running the ball, gaining 169 yards on 37 attempts (4.57 ave). Needville lost 5 of 6 fumbles in a 28-22 loss, but outgained the leps in total yards 287-262.

Needville is a better team than you give credit. They will likely be D26 champions. The Lep D was hitting hard thus several forced fumbles. The score is deceptive as the Leps were first and goal on the 3 yard line with over a minute left and took knees to run out the clock. Needville played a very competitive game. Kudos to the Jays. Obviously the Leps will face a tough opponent again next Friday. They will need to play a better game than game 3 to win this one.

Since that rainy night the Leps have continued to improve. I think they will be ready for Bellville Friday.

LHS 2SONS
10-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Like it was said in other post the W is what counts not the stats of the game

Bull's-eye
10-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Needville is a better team than you give credit. They will likely be D26 champions. The Lep D was hitting hard thus several forced fumbles. The score is deceptive as the Leps were first and goal on the 3 yard line with over a minute left and took knees to run out the clock. Needville played a very competitive game. Kudos to the Jays. Obviously the Leps will face a tough opponent again next Friday. They will need to play a better game than game 3 to win this one.

Since that rainy night the Leps have continued to improve. I think they will be ready for Bellville Friday.

Just trying to show how numbers can get a little inflated when you play teams like Goliad or Gonzales compared to a good team like Needville. If I remember right, Needville had lost a big fumble late in the game. I would say the score & outcome was deceptive, Needville losing 5 fumbles on a wet field had something to do with them not winning that game.

LG has a lot better stats since playing the Jays, but you have to look at the level of competition. If LG had played Bellville's schedule, would they be undefeated? Would their stats be as good?

Pudlugger
10-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Just trying to show how numbers can get a little inflated when you play teams like Goliad or Gonzales compared to a good team like Needville. If I remember right, Needville had lost a big fumble late in the game. I would say the score & outcome was deceptive, Needville losing 5 fumbles on a wet field had something to do with them not winning that game.

LG has a lot better stats since playing the Jays, but you have to look at the level of competition. If LG had played Bellville's schedule, would they be undefeated? Would their stats be as good?

Funny how when a Bellville opponent fumbles it's due to the tremendous hit put on them by the Bulls D. When other teams get a fumble recovery it is due to the wet field LOL. I was amazed at the weather that night only raining on the Needville side of the line of scrimmage.:rolleyes:

ExBrahmaZ
10-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I kinda think Bull's Eye was saying that the wetness was a contributing factor in 6 fumbles,not that LG had nothing to do with it. Also you cant really lose 5 of 6 fumbles if the defense is just sitting there. Also Bellville's fumbles are always caused by big hits. We don't play games. lol

Gators17
10-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Funny how when a Bellville opponent fumbles it's due to the tremendous hit put on them by the Bulls D.

The Lep D was hitting hard thus several forced fumbles.

Sort of a double standard, eh?:thinking: :doh:

Spread It Out
10-06-2009, 04:50 PM
:iagree: :iagree: :clap:

Bull's-eye
10-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I was amazed at the weather that night only raining on the Needville side of the line of scrimmage.:rolleyes:

LG fumbled 4 times, but was fortunate and only lost one. They did throw 2 interceptions, I'm sure a wet ball could of been responsible for these miscues. :rolleyes:

Pudlugger
10-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Gators17
Sort of a double standard, eh?:thinking: :doh:

You don't understand sarcasm much do you. Read the whole statement a few times and it will become clear that I was pointing out how some posters want to have it both ways in regards to fumbles. You have to have been around here for awhile to appreciate what I'm saying. :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
10-06-2009, 07:57 PM
They just don't make 'em like Pud anymore... you guys should be greatful he posts here... when Pud says something it's usually right, and when someone says something back it's either wrong or completely stupid...

zebrablue2
10-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
They just don't make 'em like Pud anymore... you guys should be greatful he posts here... when Pud says something it's usually right, and when someone says something back it's either wrong or completely stupid...

:2thumbsup:

Pudlugger
10-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks fellas, I needed that.:D

bvillebrahma010
10-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by tiger eye
Why not just script it out in storybook fashion.
4 of top 5 play each other in week one of this district.
GOTW in Bellville against La Grange.
15 miles south its the top ranked buffalo against
the tigers.
get ready for the excuses from north of the Mill Creek, and who ever has the ball last in the game in Sealy will eek out a victory. Field goal points
may come into play Friday, and that advantage goes to the Tigers.
best to all four for safe outings

yo, pops, get outta here with the crap about sealy. youre not mentioned in this thread. its bellville and la grange... btw, sealy doesnt stand a chance with giddings! it will be a long drive for the sealy players when they come to the fair friday night. no offense :)

bvillebrahma010
10-06-2009, 10:44 PM
bellvilles defense last year only caused 6 different skilled position players to break bones... thats it... only six... but they dont hit hard at all! no, nah ah!

ExBrahmaZ
10-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
bellvilles defense last year only caused 6 different skilled position players to break bones... thats it... only six... but they dont hit hard at all! no, nah ah!

Yeah thats weak :) :)

hookandladder
10-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by ExBrahmaZ

Wow 6 bones , I know LG is really worry now.

Pudlugger
10-07-2009, 12:52 PM

Gee, maybe the Leps should stock up on crutches. :eek:

Bull's-eye
10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Let's hope for an injury-free game. :)

Looking like a wet field, should be lots of fumbles the way these 2 teams hit. :D

CHSVARSITYDAD
10-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Just my 2 cents,if you dont double #8 your in for a long night and he will out jump anyone on the field and get it anyways. But if you get good pressure on the QB then my 2 cents doesnt matter.
Good luck to both!

Pudlugger
10-07-2009, 03:26 PM
#9 isn't too shabby either.:D

pirate4state
10-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Does either team have a twitter page or somewhere I can get updates from via cell phone?

allforball
10-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by CHSVARSITYDAD
Just my 2 cents,if you dont double #8 your in for a long night and he will out jump anyone on the field and get it anyways. But if you get good pressure on the QB then my 2 cents doesnt matter.
Good luck to both!

I believe you mean #9 Wilkerson, the 6', 190 lb. Junior. #8 is McHazlett, 5' 8, 160 lb., Senior.

Pudlugger
10-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by allforball
I believe you mean #9 Wilkerson, the 6', 190 lb. Junior. #8 is McHazlett, 5' 8, 160 lb., Senior.

IDK they're both darn hard to cover.

Cowboy_Up
10-07-2009, 06:00 PM
What impressed me most about LG was the ability of the QB to get rid of the ball quick. That young man makes up his mind and... whoosh...its on the way. If your going to blitz, cover the short routes well or you'll get burned....bad.

I've got LG by 14.

allforball
10-07-2009, 06:59 PM
IDK they're both darn hard to cover.

Your correct. But I do believe Wilkerson is the one that can out jump anyone!

Pudlugger
10-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by allforball
Your correct. But I do believe Wilkerson is the one that can out jump anyone!

I like his stride too. He really gets the knees up high like a high hurdler. There was a famous TE who player for the then Los Angeles Rams in the 50s named Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch who got his nickname for that running style. He's a Hall of Fame player.

zebrablue2
10-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I like his stride too. He really gets the knees up high like a high hurdler. There was a famous TE who player for the then Los Angeles Rams in the 50s named Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch who got his nickname for that running style. He's a Hall of Fame player.

so now you all have a hall of fame player! bellville does not have a prayer:D look for this to be a great texas high school football game. I am gonna homer this, and think the tough non-district games the bulls played will lead them to a big win. bulls by 7... good luck to both teams and play injury free...

Pudlugger
10-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Hirsch was Hall fo Fame LOL.:D

zebrablue2
10-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Hirsch was Hall fo Fame LOL.:D

U know I gotta pull your chain a little pud. have a save trip to bellville.

11as1
10-07-2009, 10:26 PM
well i've been thinkin about this game all week, and it's still a toss up to me. with everything i know about both teams i'm gonna have to pick the la grange leps in this one. it will be a close game but i believe lg just has too much fire power for the brahmas. look for some of the boys from bellville to come out a little tired as they did last year, due to the fair. however the bulls D picked it up in the second half, but this year if the leps are ahead or it's even close at half look for the leps to pull away
Simply put, La Grange by 10

CHSVARSITYDAD
10-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the correction allforball, there were so many balls being snagged during the scrimmage it was hard to keep up!!!

hookandladder
10-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the correction allforball, there were so many balls being snagged during the scrimmage it was hard to keep up!!!

I ran the chains for our scrimmage against you, being on the field watching the game from ground level gives you a better idea of how fast a team really is and I would say both teams were very impressive. Still I cannot get over how impressive your QB is, I know he is also a stud baseball player also but gotta think football is in his future. Good Luck to Cuero in the playoffs, class act team and fans.

beastyboyz
10-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Good luck to both!

#9 or #8 from la grange can't out jump everybody...let's not get carried away now...

hookandladder
10-08-2009, 01:07 PM
#9 or #8 from la grange can't out jump everybody...let's not get carried away now...

They only need to out jump who is guarding them, you think.

footballguru
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Grades came out and the injury bug has hit LG. La grange will be without possibly four offensive starters when they take on Bellville this week due to injuries and failures. Two skill kids and two lineman.

44INAROW
10-08-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
Grades came out and the injury bug has hit LG. La grange will be without possibly four offensive starters when they take on Bellville this week due to injuries and failures. Two skill kids and two lineman.

dang, that's unfortunate :(

Spread It Out
10-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Little early for excuses isn't it?

Reds fan
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM

Very disappointing news about the kids grades. When did the injuries occur? During practice or the last game before bye week?

cntdwn
10-08-2009, 07:41 PM
... but a team that beat Caldwell by only two points can't be that good.............. CAN THEY?:hand:

MJMbrahmas10
10-08-2009, 09:12 PM
winning is winning right???
and if my sources are correct bellville had 0 failures

Bull's-eye
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
and if my sources are correct bellville had 0 failures

Just heard a few starters fell off the Tilt-A-Whirl. :D

LHS 2SONS
10-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Just a lot of bull from the Brahmas. The two offensive lineman that are out have been out all season and will be out until the Giddings game (they started practicing this week). Only one kid failed, a backup offensive lineman and also was used as a kicker at times. Nobody making excuses here in La Grange, just Bellville posters wishing!!!!!!!!!

Bull's-eye
10-08-2009, 10:03 PM

I believe this is a LG poster, seems to post on a lot of LG threads.

BaTmAn24
10-08-2009, 10:17 PM
La Grange wins this one.

TRENCHES06
10-08-2009, 10:50 PM

Interesting....ridiculous, but interesting......

Pudlugger
10-08-2009, 11:54 PM
No excuses , no worries, the Leps will be ready and full on tomorrow night. Go Leps!

zebrablue2
10-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Interesting....ridiculous, but interesting......

ridiculous would be correct, and not interesting at all. bring your best leps. this will be a great game...

ExBrahmaZ
10-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Just heard a few starters fell off the Tilt-A-Whirl. :D

I was scared til i saw that massive smiley face lol

hookandladder
10-09-2009, 07:56 AM

This guy likes stirring the pot, has no know of what is really going on. He has done this before, the only people that beleive what he is saying are the gullible ones. Hint Hint.

trg
10-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Good luck Bulls!!!!! Bring it and leave it all on the field tonight. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Good Luck to Both Teams tonight!

Bulligator
10-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Which team benefits the most from a wet field? A passing team like La Grange or the Bellville rushing attack?

Pudlugger
10-09-2009, 09:34 AM
I think it balances out. Mud slows the run and makes cuts difficult. It negates power running and contributes to fumbles. Passing is also affected as the receivers have more difficulty catching a wet ball. Pass coverage is more difficult for the same reasons the wet affects the run(defensive backs can slip and fall). I think the Leps will be fine with a wet field as they played to a victory in the rain against Needville, a strong running offense. :cool:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
The field will be very wet for tonights game, we just got hit with rain and the pasture will not have time to dry.

Airforce1
10-09-2009, 10:00 AM
The thread about starters being out for LG is not even close to accurate. LG will have all of their starters. LHS2sons is correct, the injuries that "Guru" might be talking about, happened last year and early this year, not anything new. The kid that failed was a backup lineman and a backup kicker. LG will be fine! This should be a great game, as well as all the games in district 25 this year. Get ready for some bloodbaths and 48 minute wars. On any giving night, any team in the district can beat any other team. The sad truth is that there will be three teams that do not get in, that are capable of winning some playoff games. The good news is that D25 will more than likely meet each other in the regional finals of division 2 and the div 1 rep has a great shot at going several rounds. I hope all the teams play up to their potential. We as fans are very lucky to be a part of the best district from top to bottom in the state and I hope everyone appreciates the talent, committment, team work and intensity that is going to be on display every Friday night for the next 5 weeks in district 25! Oh by the way, If you do not know the truth about a team or players, shut your mouth!

ExBrahmaZ
10-09-2009, 10:09 AM
I think it balances out. Mud slows the run and makes cuts difficult. It negates power running and contributes to fumbles. Passing is also affected as the receivers have more difficulty catching a wet ball. Pass coverage is more difficult for the same reasons the wet affects the run(defensive backs can slip and fall). I think the Leps will be fine with a wet field as they played to a victory in the rain against Needville, a strong running offense. :cool:

I have to agree with Pud on this one, it's realy not that hard to catch a wet ball anyway. Much harder to run than to pass. I can just hopethat LG's O-line slips and and falls not Bellville's D-line :)

Pudlugger
10-09-2009, 10:09 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Reds fan
10-09-2009, 10:30 AM
The field will be very wet for tonights game, we just got hit with rain and the pasture will not have time to dry.

No doubt, and the rain is still coming down and will continue for a while as the line of weather extends clear back to San Antonio/Austin and marching this way.

Bull's-eye
10-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I have to agree with Pud on this one, it's realy not that hard to catch a wet ball anyway. Much harder to run than to pass. I can just hopethat LG's O-line slips and and falls not Bellville's D-line :)

Believe what you want, but a wet ball even effects the passing game. Throwing a wet ball can be extremely difficult . Catching the ball can be tricky & once the receiver catches the ball, he becomes a runner. Both teams will have to hang on the ball, but I would think a passing team would be hampered more by the rain.

Pudlugger
10-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Report from Weatherbug.com for tonight in Bellville:

Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers after midnight. Much cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

Looks like a soggy field for sure with a small chance of showers. Dress for cool weather and bring a poncho.

957tiger
10-09-2009, 10:54 AM
The leading edge of the front just came through Austin County.
Mucho rain and big drop in temps. Still hear rumblings of thunder to the north. Just a steady but light sprinkle at this time. Radar indicating light rain back to Austin/San Antonio area

footballguru
10-09-2009, 11:02 AM
The good news is that LG has the new Rawlings S150 ball. This ball is amazing in the rain. They received them a week ago and practiced one day in the rain and they almost have a tacky feel even in the rain. The S150 is used mainly around Washington State and Florida where it rains constantly. At about $130.00 a ball compared to $60.00 for a normal ball they better be good. I think they have 6 of them.

Pudlugger
10-09-2009, 11:06 AM
I sure hope the Leps bring their balls to Bellville. They will certainly need them.:D

zebrablue2
10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
as of 11am we have had 1.2 inches of rain in bellville..

pirate4state
10-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
as of 11am we have had 1.2 inches of rain in bellville.. :eek:

MUD BOWL!

Bull's-eye
10-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
as of 11am we have had 1.2 inches of rain in bellville..

Has it stopped raining? Down to a slow drizzle in Sugar Town.

MJMbrahmas10
10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
still raining out in the country here in bellville.....this game will be a mess...i believe the game will be decided who will score most on defense or set the offense up for success......bellville by a td

bvillebrahma010
10-09-2009, 11:39 AM
I sure hope the Leps bring their balls to Bellville. They will certainly need them.:D

lol! thats funny pud! hahaha

MJMbrahmas10
10-09-2009, 11:40 AM
its starting to get pretty cool outside might want to bring your letterman....or any jacket

Reds fan
10-09-2009, 11:43 AM

:spitlol:

Spread It Out
10-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I remember back in my hayday when I played QB, wet balls were extremely difficult to throw. The Leps may have to pull out the rushing attack tonight unless they have good ball management! ;) :D

Gobbla2001
10-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I remember back in my hayday when I played QB, wet balls were extremely difficult to throw. The Leps may have to pull out the rushing attack tonight unless they have good ball management! ;) :D

yah balls were actually made of the pig's head back then... very slick once all the hair fell off...

http://www.mcgill.ca/files/_nea/106694_1874_McG-Harvard465.jpg

Reds fan
10-09-2009, 12:56 PM
All balls aside, it is still raining on the pastures around Bellville and radar indicates light to moderate showers still on the way from the west extending back to Austin/San Antonio areas. Rain totals so far indicate about 2 to 2.5 inches have fallen so far:eek:

DaHop72
10-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
All balls aside, it is still raining on the pastures around Bellville and radar indicates light to moderate showers still on the way from the west extending back to Austin/San Antonio areas. Rain totals so far indicate about 2 to 2.5 inches have fallen so far:eek: Is the pasture of pain turf????

Spread It Out
10-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Is the pasture of pain turf????

All natural grass

Spread It Out
10-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Right now I'm within a mile of the Pasture and the rain has really slowed down since 30 minutes ago. Still signs that it'll pick back up; but for the moment, it has stopped.

DaHop72
10-09-2009, 01:03 PM
All natural grass WOO HOO, old time football for the fans at this game. No numbers visible by the second quarter. :thumbsup:

Pudlugger
10-09-2009, 01:41 PM
The Acuweather animated radar map looks like it will pass through by around 3PM today. Wet field for sure but probably no rainfall during the game.

zebrablue2
10-09-2009, 01:51 PM
1.8 inches as of 1:45. Still a slow rain in progress.

MJMbrahmas10
10-09-2009, 03:34 PM
weather.com is showing 85% chance of rain at 7 :)

Pudlugger
10-09-2009, 04:27 PM
The rain stopped in La Grange about 2 hours ago. Hopefully it will not rain tonight in Bellville but if it does it will be a slog fest. Heading down the highway at 6.

BTownVBall3
10-09-2009, 07:31 PM
good football weather. Both stands are pretty small probably due to the weather. Bellville just doesn't seem to have the intensity that they've had in prior years. Before the game that is. About to kickoff, sealy receives.

BTownVBall3
10-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Bellville tries an onisde kick on opening kickoff?

BTownVBall3
10-09-2009, 07:39 PM
LG punt on opening drive. Bellville muffs punt. Bellville ball on the 1 yd line.

BTownVBall3
10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
My first Bellville game of the year. The defense is very quick and pressuring the lg qb on what seems like every play. I see this game going badly for la grange. A lot of dropped balls already early by their wideouts. Balls and field are very slick. 3 and out LG. Bellville 1st and 10 on the 15.

BTownVBall3
10-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Bellville punter botches snap. Lg takes over on the bellville 15 and scores. 7-0 LG
Bellville team still not vocal or excited what so ever.

BTownVBall3
10-09-2009, 07:58 PM
QB Kyle Mueller shows some speed on a 57 yd touchdown run. 7-7

BTownVBall3
10-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Kyle mueller runs back a 55 yd interception for a td but a block in the back brings the balls back to the lg 33

BTownVBall3
10-09-2009, 08:32 PM
7-7 going into the half

BrahmaMom
10-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Very disappointing for this Brahma team with so much talent. You can't win very many games scoring only 7 points. The field and ball were both wet for both teams. Congrats to La Grange.

Brahma84
10-09-2009, 10:47 PM
La Grange 7 0 3 0 10
Bellville--- 7 0 0 0 7

Scoring summary
LGG -- Brandon Wilkerson 7-yard pass from Josh Schneider (Jacob Henderson kick), 04:10, 1st.
BLV -- Kyle Mueller 57-yard run (Tucker Hardie kick), 01:43, 1st.
LGG -- Jacob Henderson 27-yard field goal, 05:30, 3rd.

Team Stats
---------La Grange Bellville
Total yards 158 102
First downs 7 3
Rushes/Yds 32/75 35/74
Average rush 2.34 2.11
Comp/Atts 6/25/1 5/14/0
Pass yards 83 28
Comp pct 24 35.71
Punts 9 10
Punting Yards 33 35
Fumbles/Lost 3/1 5/2
Penalties-yards 6-35 3-25

Brahma84
10-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Bellville's defense played a great game. They looked good in pass coverage, but they were on the field way too much. The offense tonight was non-existent. They could not get anything going. I agree with BrahmaMom, too much talent to only gain 102 yards all night (57yds came on Mueller's TD run).

beastyboyz
10-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Great game by both teams, hands down bellville could possibly have one of the best defenses in the state! Bellvilles #9 played a great game, also #11, looked as if they were double teaming #36, he still had a pretty good game..

If only the bellville offense could get the ball moving and points on the board, if they can't, bellville should get the basketballs out...

beastyboyz
10-09-2009, 10:59 PM
#2 for bellville had a great game too!

Pudlugger
10-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Great game by both teams, hands down bellville could possibly have one of the best defenses in the state! Bellvilles #9 played a great game, also #11, looked as if they were double teaming #36, he still had a pretty good game..

If only the bellville offense could get the ball moving and points on the board, if they can't, bellville should get the basketballs out...

La Grange D was lights out tonight. They won this game for the Leps and deserve the credit. Holding Bellville to only one td and keeping the Leps in the game time and time again was a very signal accomplishment. Everyone knew that Bellville's D was going to be strong and they were. This game, played in the mud, came down to defense and the Leps just squeaked by. Congratulations to the Leps and hats off to a formidable Bellville defense.

beastyboyz
10-09-2009, 11:40 PM
La Grange D was lights out tonight. They won this game for the Leps and deserve the credit. Holding Bellville to only one td and keeping the Leps in the game time and time again was a very signal accomplishment. Everyone knew that Bellville's D was going to be strong and they were. This game, played in the mud, came down to defense and the Leps just squeaked by. Congratulations to the Leps and hats off to a formidable Bellville defense.

I'll give the leps D some credit, but stopping a bellville offense that's really hasn't got going this season doesn't look real hard, but bellville D holding a team that probably have bout a 38 ppg ave to 10 pts is pretty good...

the leps still played great, and I wish them the best of look in the rest of their season..

hookandladder
10-09-2009, 11:43 PM

If Bellville is one of the best defenses in the State, then they are right behind the Leps D. Not taking anything away from Bellville's D but La Grange was the best defense tonight. Also I do not think we even have a number 36 on our team. I guess the rain and the fair at Bellville kept your fans away from the game, your side of the bleachers were not even half full. Goog Luck to both teams in District play.

beastyboyz
10-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If Bellville is one of the best defenses in the State, then they are right behind the Leps D. Not taking anything away from Bellville's D but La Grange was the best defense tonight. Also I do not think we even have a number 36 on our team. I guess the rain and the fair at Bellville kept your fans away from the game, your side of the bleachers were not even half full. Goog Luck to both teams in District play.

I was talking about the bellville players, mybad, I should have specified....

But the leps d is pretty stout, but their not better than bellville...their good and all, but not on bellvilles level...the bellville offense is just not to good...ya kno?

lgfandad
10-10-2009, 12:48 AM
But the leps d is pretty stout, but their not better than bellville...their good and all, but not on bellvilles level...the bellville offense is just not to good...ya kno?

beastyboyz
10-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by lgfandad

Let's be serious....let's not get carried away here. I give the leps the credit, they did wht they had to do to win, but their defense is not better than bellvilles defense....

The bellville offsense is just not good, and we all know that..

zebrablue2
10-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Very disappointing for this Brahma team with so much talent. You can't win very many games scoring only 7 points. The field and ball were both wet for both teams. Congrats to La Grange.

bellville had better do something with their play calling, or it will be no playoffs this year. congrats to the leps...

lgfandad
10-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Let's be serious....let's not get carried away here. I give the leps the credit, they did wht they had to do to win, but their defense is not better than bellvilles defense....

The bellville offsense is just not good, and we all know that..

??? How many times did Leps keep them out Lets see I remember Bellville being close in 4 times and did not get in because of the defense

Move The Chains
10-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by lgfandad
How many times did Leps keep them out Lets see I remember Bellville being close in 4 times and did not get in because of the defense Hey man, you'll just have to get used to those Bellville guys. They're almost as obnoxious as the Brownwood peeps. :doh:

The Bellville poster never stopped to think that the weather was an advantage for Bellville and hurts LG's spread passing attack, but yet LG still wins.

The weather, along with the Bellville D slowed down LG tonight.... but that doesn't matter. LG still wins.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Congrats to the Leps on a hard fought win. Field conditions really impacted this game, both teams were hampered with bad footing & the inability to hang on to a slick ball. This really favored the defenses, both offenses were at a huge disadvantage & limited in their play calling. I thought the LG coaches did a good job of recognizing what plays were going to work & scaled back their normal offense. Bellville offensive play calling was very difficult to watch. It didn't take long to see that certain plays were not going to work due to the field conditions. Trying to run wide, when over and over the backs would slip on their cuts was frustrating to watch. I'm not sure that the Bellville O.C. knew his team was playing on a wet field. Couldn't believe the 2 run calls with less than 3 minutes to play.

bvillebrahma010
10-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Hey man, you'll just have to get used to those Bellville guys. They're almost as obnoxious as the Brownwood peeps. :doh:

The Bellville poster never stopped to think that the weather was an advantage for Bellville and hurts LG's spread passing attack, but yet LG still wins.

The weather, along with the Bellville D slowed down LG tonight.... but that doesn't matter. LG still wins.

first things first, congrats LG! now that thats out of the way, i will say that the lep D is nowhere near as good as bellvilles D. i say that because bellvilles offense is terrible. and la granges offense is phenomenal. relatively exact same stats with the exception of a few. im sorry, lep D did play good, but play calling killed the brahmas. not making excuses, stating facts. offense of bellville has to step it up, or no playoffs. simple as that. congrats LG. D25 is crazy weird... haha

tiger eye
10-10-2009, 01:47 AM
like la grange in the films in the morning also !

hookandladder
10-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
first things first, congrats LG! now that thats out of the way, i will say that the lep D is nowhere near as good as bellvilles D. i say that because bellvilles offense is terrible. and la granges offense is phenomenal. relatively exact same stats with the exception of a few. im sorry, lep D did play good, but play calling killed the brahmas. not making excuses, stating facts. offense of bellville has to step it up, or no playoffs. simple as that. congrats LG. D25 is crazy weird... haha

Of the 103 total yards for Bellville over 50 yards came on one play and you think Bellville's is better and one of the best in 3A. Keep on thinking that and you may find out in our District that your D may not even be in the top 3 or 4 come playoff time. Lep D produced a W for it's teams last night, Bellville D was good but not good enough last night. Bottom Line.

Pudlugger
10-10-2009, 09:05 AM
I agree with what Bull's Eye said about play calling. The Lep OC realized that you can't go wide running in the mud against such a fast defense as Bellville. He followed the KISS principle: keep it simple stupid. He called qb keepers off tackle all night long plus qb draws and some rb dive plays. Doing this he limited the rushing game to 2-3 yards per carry but also limited the turnovers. The Leps only lost one fumble on a nifty 15 yard gainer by Wilson #22 off right tackle. He was trying to drag the tacklers another yard or so and lost the handle on the ball going down. That can happen easily enough on a dry field but this field was like a mud wrestling pit without the pretty girls. Bellville's offense relies on a lot of ball handling and misdirection and speed around the corners all very difficult in the wet. Had I been their OC I would have called qb keepers, draws and given big #36 the ball off the guard/center hole all night. You only needed one more score to hand over the victory to your Defense, one of the best around imo.

Bottom line it was an exciting defensive struggle with the out come in doubt until the final Brahma play, a fumble recovered by the Leps with 45 second left. Credit both teams especially the defenses for giving their all on a very wet windy and chilly night. Good luck to Bellville the rest of the way. I think they will bounce back with some big wins and make the play offs in D25.

Highschoolfan78
10-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Giddings is playing the BEST all around football right now. Sealy has no idea what's coming their way.

Hehe... I think Sealy figured out what was coming.

beastyboyz
10-10-2009, 12:27 PM
whatelse can the bellville defense do?? they continue to have great games forcing opponents to have quick 3 and outs....without a offense the bellville season might be over real soon...

hookandladder
10-10-2009, 12:47 PM
whatelse can the bellville defense do?? they continue to have great games forcing opponents to have quick 3 and outs....without a offense the bellville season might be over real soon...

I think Bellville's biggest problem on offense is that Kyle has no receivers to throw to, Bellville had to put Kyle out at receiver to have someone to catch the ball. That tells you the coaches do not have much confidence in their receivers, playoffs spots are still up for grabs but I think with Bellville's lost last night and their lack of offense they will be fighting an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

BrahmaMom
10-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Kudos to our observant fans. Our defense was our offense in Wharton, they are an effective unit and defense wins games. That said, ya gotta have an offense that works and works together. I don't see our guys blocking for each other. Both teams played on a wet field, so we have no excuse. Officiating was not great, IMO. Brahmas, pick yourselves up, get healthy and prepare for Giddings. We are still in the fight--let's show it!

Airforce1
10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
The Bulls defense is good, but like Hook said earlier, they did not produce when they needed to. LG converted a 4th and 11 to set up the game winning FG. Last night in Bellville it was pretty simple. The Lep defense played with more intensity than the Bellville defense and they held them to 3 first downs all game. The Lep offense played safe and did just enough to win. To me the biggest difference was in special teams. The leps pinned the Bulls way back on their kickoffs and the Bulls gave up yardage on their kickoffs. The Bulls had a botched punt that led to a score and a botched game tying FG late. The Leps punt team was flawless and executed a great fake punt. Finally the FG that the leps made was not pretty but they made it and it was the difference in a game where both defenses had the advantage due to wet weather. These are teams that are competing, offense, defense and special teams. Stop blaming one facet or the other and realize it is a team effort and last night was a great team effort for the Leps.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2009, 01:36 PM
I agree with what Bull's Eye said about play calling. The Lep OC realized that you can't go wide running in the mud against such a fast defense as Bellville. He followed the KISS principle: keep it simple stupid. He called qb keepers off tackle all night long plus qb draws and some rb dive plays. Doing this he limited the rushing game to 2-3 yards per carry but also limited the turnovers. The Leps only lost one fumble on a nifty 15 yard gainer by Wilson #22 off right tackle. He was trying to drag the tacklers another yard or so and lost the handle on the ball going down. That can happen easily enough on a dry field but this field was like a mud wrestling pit without the pretty girls. Bellville's offense relies on a lot of ball handling and misdirection and speed around the corners all very difficult in the wet. Had I been their OC I would have called qb keepers, draws and given big #36 the ball off the guard/center hole all night. You only needed one more score to hand over the victory to your Defense, one of the best around imo.

Bottom line it was an exciting defensive struggle with the out come in doubt until the final Brahma play, a fumble recovered by the Leps with 45 second left. Credit both teams especially the defenses for giving their all on a very wet windy and chilly night. Good luck to Bellville the rest of the way. I think they will bounce back with some big wins and make the play offs in D25.

Very well said Mr. Pudlugger. :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
10-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I think Bellville's biggest problem on offense is that Kyle has no receivers to throw to, Bellville had to put Kyle out at receiver to have someone to catch the ball. That tells you the coaches do not have much confidence in their receivers, playoffs spots are still up for grabs but I think with Bellville's lost last night and their lack of offense they will be fighting an uphill battle to make the playoffs.

Their top receiver & biggest playmaker has been out the last 2 games. Bellville does have some good receivers, but all year long we have seen questionable play calling. For some reason the coaches think they have to hit the long pass plays and have avoided the higher percentage short to medium range passes. Last night, they went one time to a wide open TE and never went back to that type of pass. This team has struggled to have any type of consitency on offense. They have failed to drive the ball down the field and have been living off the good fortune of their defensive play. Too many big plays have been wiped out by foolish penalties. Where is our team discipline?

hookandladder
10-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Their top receiver & biggest playmaker has been out the last 2 games. Bellville does have some good receivers, but all year long we have seen questionable play calling. For some reason the coaches think they have to hit the long pass plays and have avoided the higher percentage short to medium range passes. Last night, they went one time to a wide open TE and never went back to that type of pass. This team has struggled to have any type of consitency on offense. They have failed to drive the ball down the field and have been living off the good fortune of their defensive play. Too many big plays have been wiped out by foolish penalties. Where is our team discipline?

Questioning the coaches play calling seems to only happen when your team ends up losing the game, I questioned some of our coaches decisions last night as most all fans do however I am pretty sure the coaches are doing what they feel is best for their team to be successful. It is part of the game to be an armchair coach in the stands but remember you see the players once a week when the coaches see them every day. The play calling is not Bellville's problem, it is their OL and receivers aleast that is what it looked like last night.

MJMbrahmas10
10-10-2009, 03:38 PM
how is it the recievers fault? when they had no passes thrown to them?????
the short passes were wide open everytime the LG corners gave the receivers a 10-15 yd cushion every play and nobody took advantage of it....and bellville is definatly missing #22 Houston arguably their best player........wish coach chancellors would have stayed we are definatly missing his coaching overall and his play calling :(
if the offense doesnt find something the basketball team will be startin early

hookandladder
10-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
how is it the recievers fault? when they had no passes thrown to them?????
the short passes were wide open everytime the LG corners gave the receivers a 10-15 yd cushion every play and nobody took advantage of it....and bellville is definatly missing #22 Houston arguably their best player........wish coach chancellors would have stayed we are definatly missing his coaching overall and his play calling :(
if the offense doesnt find something the basketball team will be startin early

It's always a coaching problem when you lose, this seems to happen a lot in Bellville. Could it be you just got beat by a better team.

beastyboyz
10-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Questioning the coaches play calling seems to only happen when your team ends up losing the game, I questioned some of our coaches decisions last night as most all fans do however I am pretty sure the coaches are doing what they feel is best for their team to be successful. It is part of the game to be an armchair coach in the stands but remember you see the players once a week when the coaches see them every day. The play calling is not Bellville's problem, it is their OL and receivers aleast that is what it looked like last night.

People have been complaining about colliers play calling since the season started...I wouldn't say its just been when bellville loses...

But bellville has many recievers that can play, most try and rest up so they won't have to go both ways...I've seen #18 #1 #2 and #9 all playing reciever...3 out of 4 of them start on defense too..

Bull's-eye
10-10-2009, 04:29 PM

I have questioned & posted things in just about every game they played, win or lose. The games you lose really stand out because you know that these blunders are what can cost you the game. I have seen Bellville run this system for many years, so I do know when things aren't right. Many other Bellville fans were baffled at the play calling and also the poor handling of the time clock. Mr. Pudlugger even noticed this, read his previous post. You base your views on one game, a game that was impacted by very poor field conditions. I could say that LG has a terrible offense & a very poor passing game, but last night's game was not a true gage of either team.

bvillebrahma010
10-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I have questioned & posted things in just about every game they played, win or lose. The games you lose really stand out because you know that these blunders are what can cost you the game. I have seen Bellville run this system for many years, so I do know when things aren't right. Many other Bellville fans were baffled at the play calling and also the poor handling of the time clock. Mr. Pudlugger even noticed this, read his previous post. You base your views on one game, a game that was impacted by very poor field conditions. I could say that LG has a terrible offense & a very poor passing game, but last night's game was not a true gage of either team.

you are a BEAST bulls eye! just because lg got the win, they can say that we are blaming our coaches for everything. there was a particular pass play where the tight end was thrown to for a gain of about 12 and it was there all night long! never went back to it! when we run the same run play 4 times in one drive where only 7 plays were run and that play gained only 2 yards on average, something is wrong. why did we punt with 2 minutes to go in the game, why were we only able to run one play in 33 seconds? these are in no way shape or form the players fault! am i gonna say la grange is a better team, NO! i am not, did they beat us fair and square? YES! theres nothing we can do now, its over. BUT, yes im a bellville poster and i have my BUT, la grange didnt have a touchdown brought back, a 40 yd run brought back, a drive killed on the 20 yd line, or botched field goals and punts! basically, bellville was not ready to play this game at all, and they havent seemed to completely have their head in the game all year! except wharton, but that was an exception. ill leave it at this, great job and good luck LG! bellville, either get your act together, or get the gun sighted in for a long hunting season and the basketballs aired up!

Crasher
10-12-2009, 10:18 AM

They didnt have GREAT games every week. I know the QB from royal was 25 of 28 for 250 yards passing on them. thats 90 % completion rate. Bellville does have a good defense. But i wouldnt say "what else can bellvilles defense do?" they can improve quite a bit.