PDA

View Full Version : Navasota vs. Caldwell

rattler<>10
10-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Who wins?

navscanmaster
10-03-2009, 01:26 PM
I think Navasota wins again, but this will certainly be the closest game so far. I don't see it going either way by more than a TD.

Global Swarming
10-03-2009, 01:52 PM
After watching the hornets last night all I have to say is what a difference a week makes. We were very sluggish coming off the bye week against Madisonville. Last night was total domination by the hornets against Rudder. We also got Nelson Scott back for last nights game and what a difference he made. He looked like he never missed a beat. The Navasota game will be interesting. I know they have alot of size on the offensive line and will out weigh us by quite a bit. Rudder had alot of size on their offensive line as well but couldn't get anything going. I'm not going to make a prediction on the game but wouldn't be surprised if Caldwell can pull it out somehow.

Old Tiger
10-03-2009, 01:53 PM
wishful thinking....Navasota by at least 14

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I've seen caldwell and navasota play, both teams are great, don't really know how to call this one....
I think its gonna come down to turnovers...

Bull's-eye
10-03-2009, 04:11 PM
If I was Navasota, this is one of the teams I would be worried about. Caldwell has a great running game & the ability to control the clock. The Hornets will do their best to keep the high powered Rattler offense off the field. Navasota didn't appear to have alot of size on the defensive side of the ball, but they do possess plenty of speed. Look for Caldwell to run straight ahead at the Rattler defense. I don't see anybody stopping the Rattler offense, but a slow grind type effort by the Hornet offense could be enough to keep this game close.

navscanmaster
10-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
If I was Navasota, this is one of the teams I would be worried about. Caldwell has a great running game & the ability to control the clock. The Hornets will do their best to keep the high powered Rattler offense off the field. Navasota didn't appear to have alot of size on the defensive side of the ball, but they do possess plenty of speed. Look for Caldwell to run straight ahead at the Rattler defense. I don't see anybody stopping the Rattler offense, but a slow grind type effort by the Hornet offense could be enough to keep this game close.

See, I don't quite see the same things you do. Sure, Caldwell will run at the Rattlers, they do to everybody. They will always have success running the ball because they execute well and run that type of offense that controls the clock. Now talking about the Rattlers, people say that they have a high powered offense. The offense centers around Kye Hildreth. I think that without him, we would be having a lot tougher time putting up points on the board. I think that defense is what is making this Rattler team tick. Caldwell has the defensive ability to hold us back like Bellville did. All it takes is aggressive penetration by the defense and a secondary that can cover for a few seconds, and Navasota has trouble. What Caldwell is going to have to think about, turnover argument going without saying, is that you can't run the ball up the middle of the Rattler D all night long. Coach Hoppers will put in the big boys on the offensive line when that happens. If they played defense full time, the Rattler defense would be hands down the toughest in the state. Big size and strong physical linemen matched with fast ball hawking linebackers and a hard hitting secondary would give any team fits. But since it is not that way, the middle is the place to attack. They will have to run to the outside and find a way to keep the outside linebackers and speedy ends blocked when the sweeps and options are called up.

Last year hinged on a two point conversion, which was a toss sweep to Nelson Scott that was stuffed at the sideline on the 2 yard line by Rattler defensive end Deondre King, who is still defensive end. Caldwell had some trouble running on the Rattlers in the middle quarters of last year's game. I am sure that they know what it will take to improve, especially in front of a friendly crowd. But they didn't have to deal with #12 on offense last year either.

Navasota 36, Caldwell 35.

cntdwn
10-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
wishful thinking....Navasota by at least 14

Given that Rockdale "barely got past" Madisonville, it'll be more interesting to see if they fall any in the Region III poll.

Caldwell by 15

Strength in numbers. HOMECOMING

snakebite
10-03-2009, 08:38 PM
The Caldwell/ Navasota game has been a game for the records the past few years. Don't forget Caldwell beat Navasota back in the 2004 playoff game in overtime when the Rattlers were ranked #5. Not that that has anything to do with this game but Navasota cannot get big headed ever in this game. Caldwell is going to come hard and nothing would be better for them then to beat Navasota. Both teams are going to come in headstrong and ready, but management of the clock and turnovers will be key in this battle.

striker
10-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Always a great game between the Rattlers and Hornets. Looking forward to it.

navscanmaster
10-03-2009, 09:47 PM
Too bad we can't get Brandal Jackson a 5th year of eligibility!!!:D

ProudHornetMom
10-03-2009, 10:38 PM
It's only Saturday and I'm already anxious and excited for this game. It will either be a very looooong week or blow by fast. Here's to both teams coming in healthy, H1N1 held at bay and both teams bringing their best game on Friday...because that's what it will take for both teams. One of the nice things...I guess nice is whimpy on a football board but I appreciate that Navasota and Caldwell have mutual respect for each other...will play hard on the field and then go on.

Y'all know that I'm a big Rattlers fan...except for this week. My good friend and co-worker from Navasota and I spend much time supporting both the Hornets and Rattlers. We go to each other's games on off weeks, have daily football discussions and text scores back and forth during our respective games. Not this week. It's "bring it on" week for both of us. We may support each other and love each other's families but it is football and we 100% support our own respective teams.

I welcome the Rattlers to come play at our house. We don't have the facilities that Navasota has but we have what it takes to have a game...a field, goal posts and fans in full force. We may not have the speed of the Rattlers...but we aren't bad and we know how to play our game plan well. I'm confident in my Hornets and know there will be a upset in the home of the SWARM. :inlove:

This football mom can't wait for Friday. :cheerl:

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Caldwell will be Caldwell, running it down your throat. This year's Rattler defense, IMO, is stronger than 2008. And just as the game played out in 08 between the Hornets and the Rattlers, this year's game will probably not be any different unless the defense comes to play. If my memory serves me right, the Rattlers went down early to the Hornets 21-7 in the first half. Only to see the Rattlers shut out the Hornet running attack the entire second half until the last 30 seconds. At that time is when the Hornets caught a touchdown in the back of the endzone for a touchdown. Then, the Hornets elected to go for 2, losing the game 28-27.

I do believe that it will take Navasota's defense a quarter or so to make adjustments before the defense really begins to shine. Hopefully the offense will be ready to play.

I see this game being close early, but, too much offense from the Rattlers may dig the Hornets a hole that their slot t offense will not be able to get them out of.

Navasota by 13.

:D

cntdwn
10-04-2009, 04:39 AM
I heard the Rudder-Navasota game was a lot tighter than Caldwell-Rudder. The Swarm had subs in most of the second half. Not sure about Rattlers.

To win a title, this game is crucial, but I still think the Rockdale-Caldwell game will be even bigger because it will determine who may get what playoff seed and Caldwell doesn't want WOS again

navscanmaster
10-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by cntdwn
I heard the Rudder-Navasota game was a lot tighter than Caldwell-Rudder. The Swarm had subs in most of the second half. Not sure about Rattlers.

To win a title, this game is crucial, but I still think the Rockdale-Caldwell game will be even bigger because it will determine who may get what playoff seed and Caldwell doesn't want WOS again

The Rattlers had subs in in the fourth. It wasn't a great showing by Navasota, and it was a surprising showing by Rudder. I really thought Rudder would give the Hornets a game defensively, but I guess I was right about Navasota not being a super power offensively. Something that we have all learned on this board is that you can't put to much into the common opponents argument. A good example is the Big 12 last year, with TT beating UT, UT beating OU, and OU absolutely thrashing TT. As far as the current argument, Caldwell is predominantly a misdirection running team. Navasota is a balanced spread team that has to pass to open up the run. Rudder's defense was great against the pass, but not so hot against the run. Also, Rudder was able to score in the first half after a big fumble return gave them good field position. The other score was a 60 yard drive early in the 4th.

Bottom line, as anybody will tell you, it is all about matchups, individually and as a team. Bellville may matchup better with Caldwell because their defense is more suited to stop a rushing attack. Navasota may have fits with a team that can air the ball out, but clamp down on a team that runs at them. You never know what will happen. I still don't predict a blowout either way. I think it will be close, but I will go with my Rattlers because I am confident they can go back on the road against a great team and pick up where they left off against a great team.

OldBison75
10-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Caldwell and Navasota have had alot of classic battles over the years and most every one has come down to one team or the other making a big defensive stop late in the fourth quarter. I really don't see this year any different.

I think that everyone will be surprised how much better the Rattler defense really is this year. They have what I think are the best overall group of linebackers of any team I have seen since the 2007 LH Panthers. The secondary is fast, covers well, and are good tacklers that will come up and hit you hard. The defensive line is quick and strong, and even if the starting unit dosen't have the huge size, they aren't small. They are more disciplined than any defensive unit we have had here in a long time. When the big guys from the offensive line play defense, this unit becomes huge and dosen't lose alot of speed or mobility.

Offensively the Rattlers are not full of big named, highly recruited stars, but there are other factors that make them a force. QB Hildreth is fast, smart, tough, and has been a winner since pee wee football. There are at least three running backs that are above average and each brings something different to the offense. All run very tough and you almost never see them tackles on first contact. The receivers are very good and Creeks is bigger and stronger than Brandal Jackson who is starting at A & M as a freshman. There are at least four other receivers that have been a big part of the Rattler offense and all run good routes and have good hands.

Someone mention the Rudder game with Navasota and I will tell you that Rudder was playing very well that night and Navasota was not. Offensively the Rattlers started playing subs for the most part after the fist drive of the third quarter. Defensively, the subs played exclusively in the fourth quarter. In that game, Navasota played with a different offensive line combination on every series and subbed on defense freely all game.

Many Caldwell players and fans watched Navasota vs Bellville and saw the Rattlers first hand. Navasota played pretty good in that game, but was not even as sharp as they were against Henderson in the opener. If the Rattlers can stay focused and sharp all night, they can beat anybody.

I have to go with the Rattlers by 7 in this game, but I know that the Hornets are gonna bring it to us and they can pull the upset if they get a few turnovers and don't make mistakes. I love Caldwell except for this week and hope they run through the rest of the district. BUT, this team scares me as a Rattler fan because of the history of this matchup and playing in Caldwell is never a fun thing to do. Great people and great fans, but something about that field makes the Hornets turn into HOSSES.

If anyone is trying to decide where to see great 3A football this weekend, they better consider coming to Caldwell.

cntdwn
10-04-2009, 11:01 AM
The Hornet defense is 40 percent better this year so the Snakes shouldn't assume Caldwell is merely a predictable running team. Rudder scored fewer against Caldwell than Navasota and the Hornets gained 35 first downs to 4, according to the Eagle, I think. The Rangers' only TD was a QB fake.

I'm most impressed that Caldwell's D held off a feisty Madisonville team and had to win the game without the help of big-play Nelson Scott.

The Hornets, like last year, have made considerable progress since coming up short against Bellville. I think a rematch would be different even though Bellville is very talented.

I like Navasota too because they have a sense of humility about winning and taking a week at a time.

I do think the Hornets will need to pass about 25 percent more for the same success this week and the QB needs to be a little more alert in the pocket.

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2009, 12:22 PM
The Hornet defense is 40 percent better this year so the Snakes shouldn't assume Caldwell is merely a predictable running team. Rudder scored fewer against Caldwell than Navasota and the Hornets gained 35 first downs to 4, according to the Eagle, I think. The Rangers' only TD was a QB fake.

I'm most impressed that Caldwell's D held off a feisty Madisonville team and had to win the game without the help of big-play Nelson Scott.

The Hornets, like last year, have made considerable progress since coming up short against Bellville. I think a rematch would be different even though Bellville is very talented.

I like Navasota too because they have a sense of humility about winning and taking a week at a time.

I do think the Hornets will need to pass about 25 percent more for the same success this week and the QB needs to be a little more alert in the pocket.

No one is assuming anything my friend. Its Caldwell. RUN, RUN, RUN, with an occasional pass. And, there you go again, making those team comparisons. Since you are on the topic of making team comparison, I am assuming that you weren't at the Navasota/ Bellville game. Had you, you probably would have seen how the Rattlers should have probably had 2-3 more touchdowns on the board. That should give you a reason to be worried about the Hornets. But, since I know better to go around thinking that team A had this many first downs, and team B had that many first down....or team A had their subs in at this point of the game where as team B had their subs in at that time in the game, I will not make such comparisons.

As mentioned before, games are all about match ups. And, based on the outcomes when Navasota and Caldwell plays, it appears that they match up well against each other. With that said, throw out records, what you saw against other teams, etc. This game will be the usual Navasota vs Caldwell game. The team who makes the fewest mistakes will win.

Go luck to both teams.

Go Snakes!

cameron91
10-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Wet Field - hornets by 10

Dry Field - Rattlers by 21..

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by cameron91

:clap:

cntdwn
10-04-2009, 01:27 PM

We beat your pants off by 21 and should have trampled you by 28 had it not been for kneeling to kill the clock at the 10 yard line on first down.

Face it. Roles are reversing. Caldwell is owning Cameron.

Global Swarming
10-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Easy cntdwn every year is different. You can't go by what happened last year. Just like you can't go by what one team did against a like opponent. Each week is different and so many variables have to be thrown in. As well as we played last week means absolutely nothing when it comes to this week. Having nelson Scott back made a huge difference in how well we played. But we can just as easily go out there Friday night and lay an egg. I hope that we play hard and give Navasota all they can handle and maybe pull it out in the end. But the outcome lies solely on the players and the coaching staff and not the fans.

cameron91
10-04-2009, 05:29 PM
:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: :fnypost:

dude , Caldwell owning Cameron :D

you kick oye arse last year , great job and I hope Caldwell keep improving . The great folks of that city deserves a good football team.. I hope yall keep it up this year and next year and the year after that.

But Caldwell owning cameron. Since 80 , yall may have beaten us 5 or 6 times. Come on bro.

cntdwn
10-04-2009, 10:29 PM
:vrycnfsd: :vrycnfsd: :fnypost:

dude , Caldwell owning Cameron :D

you kick oye arse last year , great job and I hope Caldwell keep improving . The great folks of that city deserves a good football team.. I hope yall keep it up this year and next year and the year after that.

But Caldwell owning cameron. Since 80 , yall may have beaten us 5 or 6 times. Come on bro.

Not talking about last 25 years, more like the last 10 years (won four I think) and I'm suggesting that the tide is simply turning.

Dogman_1969
10-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Given that Rockdale "barely got past" Madisonville, it'll be more interesting to see if they fall any in the Region III poll.

Caldwell by 15

Strength in numbers. HOMECOMING

Why should they fall? Good teams find a way to win. For some reason the Tiger Offense is struggling and the defense is carring the load. Remember football is a team sport, takes both offense and defense to be successful. I doubt the Tigers drop any in any polls, which by the way don't mean anything really, records do.

Until someone finds a way to have more points than Rockdale does when the final whistle blows I would imagine they will roll on.

GO Tigers!!!

Dogman_1969
10-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Easy cntdwn every year is different. You can't go by what happened last year. Just like you can't go by what one team did against a like opponent. Each week is different and so many variables have to be thrown in. As well as we played last week means absolutely nothing when it comes to this week. Having nelson Scott back made a huge difference in how well we played. But we can just as easily go out there Friday night and lay an egg. I hope that we play hard and give Navasota all they can handle and maybe pull it out in the end. But the outcome lies solely on the players and the coaching staff and not the fans.

I think your last statement is probably one of the best statements I ever read on the DLow......

Global Swarming
10-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Thank you Dogman. I like to deal in facts and not homerism. We're going to have to play our best game of the year Friday night. Last week is over and done with. The Hornets will have to find a way to contain the Rattler passing game. I don't know how good our secondary is. We haven't played a team very efficient at the passing game like Navasota is. If we can't cover their receivers then it's going to be a long night for us. If we can slow down the passing game and not let Hildred run wild then we have a good chance of beating them.

martwayne
10-05-2009, 08:32 PM
who will win this game and why

martwayne
10-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm going with my rattlers not only because i am from there but because i think that this team is even better in ways that last years team wasn't dont get me wrong we had an excellent team last year, just better team chemistry this year and for some odd reason, i feel this might just be the year that the rattlers shock the state and win it all.

GO RATTLERS!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THEM RATTLERS, WHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Navasota 28
Caldwell 24

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Please merge with other Nav/Cald post.

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2009, 08:41 PM
:p

martwayne
10-05-2009, 08:44 PM
how

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
how

the moderators will have to merge the two.

Yoe_09
10-05-2009, 11:24 PM

no doubt

Superbacker 00'
10-06-2009, 09:14 AM
rattlers rule the night 42-21

love them rattlers......wooo

UPanIN
10-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Caldwell is tough to beat home or away.

Navasota still wins by 3.

buff4ever
10-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Caldwell has a football team, navasota wins:D

ProudHornetMom
10-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Caldwell has a football team, navasota wins:D

Buffers! How are you?

buff4ever
10-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Buffers! How are you?

Great,

Get after them rattlers for an upset friday.;)

1st and goal
10-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I think the Hornets can give Navasota a good game if they can get +2 turnovers.

So many good games this weekend, only 1 of me (spread thin).

Daddy D 11
10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Navasota Sucks:stirpot:

navscanmaster
10-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Navasota Sucks:stirpot:

Not as bad as (insert downtrodden slot-T team here)

:devil::stirpot:

Superbacker 00'
10-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Dont hate on Navasota cause your an outsider lookin in wearing a skirt

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Looks like Caldwell may get that wet field after all. This time, mother nature is going the be the one to blame. :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
http://navasotaexaminer.com/articles/2009/10/07/sports/doc4accd03d3c514454666941.txt

Game Day article from the Navasota Examiner

Rattlers-Hornets makes for a classic clash

Defensive Stop: Willie Creeks, 4, and Josh Lowery, 6, combine to stop a Brenham ball carrier in last week’s 8th grade Blue team win. Examiner Photo by Dave Kucifer
Published:
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 12:36 PM CDT
Some of the most memorable games in head coach Lee Fedora’s time in Navasota have been the Rattler-Hornet clashes. In 2006 and 2007, the Hornets poured it on the Rattlers, but things changed last year as the Rattlers squeezed out a narrow 28-27 district win, earning a share of the 24-3A lead midway through their schedule.

The Rattlers will be putting their 5-0 season, 1-0 district mark against the Hornets 4-1 season, 2-0 district record. Just to make the game more interesting, the Rattlers will be entering the Hornets’ hive on a Homecoming night.

Navasota will be looking for its 16th consecutive regular season win and second 24-3A victory. Caldwell will be looking for its third district win.

Caldwell is sure to still be “smarting” from Deondre King’s stop of Randel Lister’s two-point conversion try with less than a minute left in last year’s game. Had the run been successful, the Hornets would have left Rattler stadium with a one-point win.

On paper, the teams could not be more even. Through the first five games, Navasota is the Brazos Valley’s leading offensive team, rolling up 2,166 yards for a per game average of 433.20. Caldwell’s offense of 2,083 yards and a 416.6-yard average is second only to Navasota.

On the defensive side, Navasota has yielded an average of 228.2 yards a game and Caldwell is right behind with a 223.6 per game average.

In a head-to-head comparison, both teams lean heavily on a devastating ground game. Navasota frequently calls on quarterback Kye Hildreth’s quick feet to move the ball. Hildreth comes into the game with 627 yards on 90 carries, a sparkling 6.97-yard average.

While Hildreth has been the Rattler’s “main man,” Fedora has also gotten good results when Antoine Burrell and Kesnick Jones numbers are called. Burrell has carried 46 times for 495 yards, a 10.76 average and Jones has picked up 297 yards on 47 tries, for a 5.95 average. Combined, the trio has produced 14 rushing touchdowns and 1, 419 yards.

Caldwell will counter the Rattler running game with the valley’s number three rusher, Kysan Woolverton, who has carried 125 times for 772 yards.

Should it become necessary for Navasota to go to the air, they have confidence in Hildreth’s arm, with 32 completions in 46 tries for 574 yards and seven touchdowns, and in the speed and catching ability of Tevin Creeks and Thomas Sweed. Creeks has 12 catches for 275 yards and four touchdowns and Sweed has five receptions for 120 yards and a touchdown.

When the Rattlers are on defense, the Hornets can once again expect to see plenty of King, who comes in with 17 solo tackles and 21 assists for 38 stops, but will also have to contend with Jones, the valley’s number three defensive performer, with 23 solo tackles and 35 assists for a total of 58 stops.

cntdwn
10-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm still waiting to see Caldwell play four full quarters of smash-mouth football. If they do, woe be unto ye.

zebrablue2
10-07-2009, 07:44 PM
my upset of the week! hornets by 6...

cntdwn
10-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Expect a record crowd at Hornet Stadium. Caldwell is fired up.

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Expect a record crowd at Hornet Stadium. Caldwell is fired up.

So many will go home disapointed after losing homecoming '09.:D

Just joking. In all seriousness, this will be a great game. I can't wait till Friday.

GO SNAKES!

cntdwn
10-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
So many will go home disapointed after losing homecoming '09.:D

Just joking. In all seriousness, this will be a great game. I can't wait till Friday.

GO SNAKES!

Somebody must have forgot to tell you that Nelson Scott didn't play against Madisonville. When he did against Rudder, it was pandemonium.

navscanmaster
10-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Somebody must have forgot to tell you that Nelson Scott didn't play against Madisonville. When he did against Rudder, it was pandemonium.

Woolverton hurt us more than Scott did last year. It is harder to run against Navasota outside the tackles than inside. I guess we will find out Friday, can't wait!

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2009, 09:53 PM

LOL:)

Dogman_1969
10-07-2009, 10:48 PM
I watched a Caldwell game and watched a game with Navasota today and if the game played off of that score it would be Navasota big. But it isn't so I predict it will be closer especially since it's in Burleson County, especially since they are known for very heavy spotty rain showers. Sorry guys, couldn't pass that one up.

Navasota is loaded with weapons......

cntdwn
10-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I watched a Caldwell game and watched a game with Navasota today and if the game played off of that score it would be Navasota big. But it isn't so I predict it will be closer especially since it's in Burleson County, especially since they are known for very heavy spotty rain showers. Sorry guys, couldn't pass that one up.

Navasota is loaded with weapons......

It's getting old already :rolleyes:

Rockdale seems to believe anything told to him by big brother, Cameron.

UPanIN
10-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Homecoming for Caldwell

I revise my guess on the outcome.

Rattlers by 21. Thank you Caldwell.

87 TIGER
10-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe they will just beat each other up so we will have a chance against them. jk, should be a good game, we will all be listening for this score fri. Good luck
Rattlers in a close one.

OldBison75
10-08-2009, 09:18 AM
It dosen't make any difference where this game is played or what the field conditions are, this matchup is always a real battle. Caldwell brings one of the best running games in the Region and Navasota is more balanced and can really put up some passing numbers when needed. Both teams play a swarming type defense that depends heavily on the play of the linebackers to be successful.

Navasota has really improved on defense this year and the offense has just kept on clicking with over 400 yards per game. Caldwell had a tough opening week game against Bellville and came close to pulling out a win after falling behind. Yes, Navasota beat Bellville a few weeks later in Bellville, but that was a different week and different dynamics and will have no bearing on the game this week.

If the Navasota Ofensive Line can take control of the line of scrimmage like they have so far, this will be a signature game for the Rattlers. But, the key to winning lies on the defensive side of the ball. Navasota will have to play very disciplined to deal with the slot-t and the linebackers will be key. That is a positive in my mind as the Rattler linebackers are thier defensive strength. Caldwell will have to contain Hildreth and still play cover three all night. If they try to play man on man in the secondary, it will be a long night for the Hornets. Containment of Hildreth will require a good pass rush and maintaining thier rush lanes or Hildreth can hurt you fast with his speed and elusiveness.

Oh, and don't let a wet field, if it rains, be considered a real factor. Navasota played in a mud bowl in Hearne and dominated the line of scrimmage and passed very well too.

I still believe that Navasota wins in a hard fought game by 7.

Old QB
10-08-2009, 10:19 AM
This game is simply this: If Caldwell contains the Navasota QB, they will win. And I think they will.

Superbacker 00'
10-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Rattlers, rattlers, rattlers all night long and trust me there will be a sea of big blue faithful to counter act any home field advantages so where its played isnt going to matter

Daddy D 11
10-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Superbacker 00'
Dont hate on Navasota cause your an outsider lookin in wearing a skirt

Hmmm:thinking:

48-14???:D :D :D :D

ProudHornetMom
10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Wet or dry it will be a great game. All be careful on the road!

OldBison75
10-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Daddy D, Navasota may lose to Caldwell if things don't pan out right, but I guarnatee you that it will not be that bad. Caldwell is nowhere, and I mean nowhere, close to where LH was when that happened. Also, Navasota was new to the spotlight that year and some of us posters were a little crazy with our success. LH taught us that no matter how good you believe your team is, they can be beat by a better team. Don't even use that score in comparison to this game. No comparison.

cntdwn
10-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Daddy D, Navasota may lose to Caldwell if things don't pan out right, but I guarnatee you that it will not be that bad. Caldwell is nowhere, and I mean nowhere, close to where LH was when that happened. Also, Navasota was new to the spotlight that year and some of us posters were a little crazy with our success. LH taught us that no matter how good you believe your team is, they can be beat by a better team. Don't even use that score in comparison to this game. No comparison.

Yea, I tell you what. As horrible as Caldwell is and mega-fantastic as the Rattlers are, it should be an absolute piece of cake.

Caldwell beat you 44-29 that same year and it should have been worse had we not done our traditional kneel on the play with time expiring.

But don't worry. Caldwell never reads any of this crap on the board so you don't have to worry your pretty little head about peeing anybody off.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2009, 06:00 PM
One more day. I sure hope that the rain has cleared by time the game kicks off.

OldBison75
10-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Now cntdown, nobody said that Caldwell was anything. Daddy was referring to the score of the Navasota LH game two years ago and how Navasota fans were really bragging going into the game. If you had read the post you quoted, it says Caldwell could win. It has also been said by me on here that I believe Navasota will win but by no more than 7. If that is insulting to you, you need a BIG CHILL PILL. Navasota or Caldwell won't win by that kinda margin except in our dreams.

cntdwn
10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
One more day. I sure hope that the rain has cleared by time the game kicks off.

Caldwell's already flooded the visitor's side, but this time with its own pee because everyone's so scared, they just couldn't hold it in any longer.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Yea, I tell you what. As horrible as Caldwell is and mega-fantastic as the Rattlers are, it should be an absolute piece of cake.

Caldwell beat you 44-29 that same year and it should have been worse had we not done our traditional kneel on the play with time expiring.

But don't worry. Caldwell never reads any of this crap on the board so you don't have to worry your pretty little head about peeing anybody off.

LH was far better than the Hornets. Heck, Kirbyville showed the Hornets who was in charge. :D

Rattlers Roll!

cntdwn
10-08-2009, 06:07 PM
LH was far better than the Hornets. Heck, Kirbyville showed the Hornets who was in charge. :D

Rattlers Roll!

The blunt truth is that Navasota has been enormously lucky to be in Division I. Kirbyville would have handed you your butt on a platter, too.

Kirbyville 49, Caldwell 28
Caldwell 44, Navasota 29

Do the math.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM
The blunt truth is that Navasota has been enormously lucky to be in Division I. Kirbyville would have handed you your butt on a platter, too.

Kirbyville 49, Caldwell 28
Caldwell 44, Navasota 29

Do the math.

Ha, its all about matchups. You should know that. Call it luck if you want, but, there wasn't anything lucky about playing Liberty Hill or La Vega.

But, we are not going to dwell on the past. See you tomorrow night CNTDWN.

ProudHornetMom
10-08-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm thankful we have two relatively healthy teams coming into the game, no one out with flu symptoms (at least as of today) and no big grade hits.

My son is a senior. I've learned to take each game one at a time, learned to relax a little...just a little, enjoy the game, have confidence in my son and the team...and enjoy watching my son and his friends do something they are all passionate about. I don't need a pissing contest or feather ruffling to get excited or demand respect. I've finally learned that some like Caldwell, many don't and even more don't care and that's ok.

As a football mom, I'm 100% a homer, confident in my Hornet team and can't wait for the game to start. I know we match up well with the Rattlers, played them close last year and both teams want to win.

It's time for everyone to put on their big boy pants, line up and show what they can do on the field...wt, dry, cold or hot.:D

I just can't wait! :cheerl:

cntdwn
10-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Let me be the first to say how much I DO respect posters from other communities who all at least try to stay on the same page and defend/support their team with some degree of appreciation for unity.

The teams, after all, that rule the polls are ultimately those whose posters brag and go out on a limb once in a while and (gasp) predict their own team to win.

The teams who have posters on edge in fear they'll eat crow (who hasn't on occasion?) are the ones whose teams seldom gain much respect from others because they don't seem to show enough confidence in their OWN teams to command that respect. (you know the ones.... their teams get picked to lose in head-to-head polls by a (cough) a 3 to 1 ratio.

If you wait for your team to win a state title first and don't boast occasionally, you go relatively unnoticed and it's just not as much fun. A good example is Prosper from last year. Not a word was uttered by them, yet they won state.

But did they have nearly as much fun? Me thinketh not.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Let me be the first to say how much I DO respect posters from other communities who all at least try to stay on the same page and defend/support their team with some degree of appreciation for unity.

The teams, after all, that rule the polls are ultimately those whose posters brag and go out on a limb once in a while and (gasp) predict their own team to win.

The teams who have posters on edge in fear they'll eat crow (who hasn't on occasion?) are the ones whose teams seldom gain much respect from others because they don't seem to show enough confidence in their OWN teams to command that respect. (you know the ones.... their teams get picked to lose in head-to-head polls by a (cough) a 3 to 1 ratio.

If you wait for your team to win a state title first and don't boast occasionally, you go relatively unnoticed and it's just not as much fun. A good example is Prosper from last year. Not a word was uttered by them, yet they won state.

But did they have nearly as much fun? Me thinketh not.

Yes, not too many Prosper fans on the low. Its all in fun. I LUV THIS GAME!

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2009, 07:54 PM
:mad:

Cowboy_Up
10-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I'm thankful we have two relatively healthy teams coming into the game, no one out with flu symptoms (at least as of today) and no big grade hits.

My son is a senior. I've learned to take each game one at a time, learned to relax a little...just a little, enjoy the game, have confidence in my son and the team...and enjoy watching my son and his friends do something they are all passionate about. I don't need a pissing contest or feather ruffling to get excited or demand respect. I've finally learned that some like Caldwell, many don't and even more don't care and that's ok.

As a football mom, I'm 100% a homer, confident in my Hornet team and can't wait for the game to start. I know we match up well with the Rattlers, played them close last year and both teams want to win.

It's time for everyone to put on their big boy pants, line up and show what they can do on the field...wt, dry, cold or hot.:D

I just can't wait! :cheerl:
Now that's a football mom right there. Put on your big boy pants...I love it.

Reminds me of when our youngest boy was a baby and some mom said something about how we needed a wipe warmer so he wouldn't get the chills when we cleaned him up. My wife turned, looked at her and said, "he doesn't need a warmer, this kid is going to be a linebacker, not some mamby pamby kid who needs a wipe warmer!" Good football moms love and support their boys...but get out there with your big boy pants, line up, and get after it!

martwayne
10-08-2009, 08:02 PM
man there has been alot said on this poster about what might happen in this game. All i know is navasota and caldwell will be ready to play this game and like i said before i think my rattlers win this game. oh and by the way, LH, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your wearing a skirt looking in from the outside.

Navasota 35
Caldwell 21

Woo, Love Them RATTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

navscanmaster
10-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by martwayne
man there has been alot said on this poster about what might happen in this game. All i know is navasota and caldwell will be ready to play this game and like i said before i think my rattlers win this game. oh and by the way, LH, you SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and your wearing a skirt looking in from the outside.

Navasota 35
Caldwell 21

Woo, Love Them RATTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy D11 is just pulling strings. I love LH. I am a not a t-shirt fan because I hate purple, but I root for them. Daddy D11 on the other hand, well, that guy jumps in conversations that have no bearing on him. I think he should just worry about LH, Waco nightlife, and if Robert Griffin III will ever see the field again.

:D :D :spitlol: :spitlol: :2thumbsup :1popcorn:

OldBison75
10-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Cntdown, what year did Caldwell beat Navasota by that score.. Damn sure was not last year. Get the facts straight if you want to be smart.

Oh, nevermind, I just noticed you are from Brenham and they never deal in facts over there.

Caldwell_Raider
10-09-2009, 01:12 AM
I just wish I could make it to the game! :( :( :( Hopefully it'll be an injury free game and when everything is finished a Caldwell Win!!!!

:p Sting Um Hornets!!!!!

cntdwn
10-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Cntdown, what year did Caldwell beat Navasota by that score.. Damn sure was not last year. Get the facts straight if you want to be smart.

Oh, nevermind, I just noticed you are from Brenham and they never deal in facts over there.

Grow a brain. It was from two frickin' years ago ON YOUR OWN TURF! Had you read the entire post, you'd understand that but you were too busy jumping to conclusions. The discussion on that issue started when they mentined the LH-Navasota score from 07. Geez.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Game Day!

http://www.brazossports.com/football/CAMPBELL--Couple-of-teams-in-familiar-spots

There are plenty of good games this week, but it's impossible to overlook Navasota at Caldwell.

The stats are so very close, even if the styles contrast. The Rattlers have the best offense in 24-3A, averaging 433.2 yards per game, just barely ahead of Caldwell's 428.6.

Caldwell's Kysan Woolverton has rushed for 787 yards and an impressive 15 touchdowns. Kye Hildreth, the Navasota quarterback, has run for 627 yards and nine TDs.

Defensively, Caldwell has the slight edge, allowing 223.2 yards per game while Navasota gives up 228.2. Some might be surprised to hear that the Hornets have the best pass defense in the district right now.

The Rattlers won a one-point game in Navasota last year, and in this district, every point counts. The Cameron Yoemen could tell you about that. They missed the playoffs on the points system tiebreaker last year.

Navasota-Caldwell is the game of the year in 24-3A until possibly next week.

.................................................. .................................................. .....
Harris Ratings: Navasota by 10
The Eagle: Navasota at Caldwell -- The much-deserved headliner. Navasota 22-21

Good Luck to Both Teams!

Go Snakes!

ProudHornetMom
10-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Oh no...just heard one of our players is having knee surgery this morning. Please keep him in prayers.

Here's hoping the rain moves on through before tonight.

CHS_Grad '85
10-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
I just wish I could make it to the game! :( :( :( Hopefully it'll be an injury free game and when everything is finished a Caldwell Win!!!!

:p Sting Um Hornets!!!!! http://www.themommyplaybook.com/forum/images/smilies/happy-ditto.gif

ProudHornetMom
10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
Now that's a football mom right there. Put on your big boy pants...I love it.

Reminds me of when our youngest boy was a baby and some mom said something about how we needed a wipe warmer so he wouldn't get the chills when we cleaned him up. My wife turned, looked at her and said, "he doesn't need a warmer, this kid is going to be a linebacker, not some mamby pamby kid who needs a wipe warmer!" Good football moms love and support their boys...but get out there with your big boy pants, line up, and get after it!

Thanks. I won't share all my mamby pamby mom moments, I have some...even related to football. ;)

Global Swarming
10-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Gonna be a messy one tonight. Holding onto the football will the key to winning for either team. I don't make predictions on who's going to win because I know that my opinion has no bearing on the outcome. I just hope that it's an entertaining well played game. I also pray that everyone has a safe trip to and from the game. Two classy teams with a history of nail biters against one another. This one could be another one.