PDA

View Full Version : Sinton@Mathis

sinton66
10-03-2009, 11:38 AM
The old annual "Mutiny in the County" happens this week in Mathis. Sinton is coming off a rout of Aransas Pass and Mathis is coming off an entertaining upset of Ingleside. Let's get it started.

99IHSMustang
10-03-2009, 12:19 PM
This is going to be a good one. If Mathis can play with the same intensity, this game may just go back and forth like the Ingleside game. I think the Mathis pirates are out to make a statement. Mathis takes this one in another nail biter.

Green Bling
10-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Take it to 'em Pirates!! ARGHH!!:D

LE Dad
10-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Sinton needs to score early in this one. If you can get up 2 scores on Mathis it will take them out of their style of play. If you let Mathis hang close......... :thinking: ask Ingleside.

:thumbsup: Gotta go with the Pirates:clap:

:cheerl: THE SINTON PIRATES :cheerl:

maroonpirate04
10-03-2009, 01:20 PM
GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

THE REAL PIRATES!!! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE PIRATES!!

CueroGobblers
10-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Ever since I was in school the first thing i would look for was where were we playing sinton at? I know Mathis played a great game last night but its time to move on and start gettin ready for those Sinton Pirates! Its going to be a battle and home field advantage might help help those Mathis Pirates in this one. Its hard to say whos going to win but I bet its going to be the Pirates winning.LOL Does anyone know how many yards rushing sinton is giving up during a game?

Blastoderm55
10-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
Ever since I was in school the first thing i would look for was where were we playing sinton at? I know Mathis played a great game last night but its time to move on and start gettin ready for those Sinton Pirates! Its going to be a battle and home field advantage might help help those Mathis Pirates in this one. Its hard to say whos going to win but I bet its going to be the Pirates winning.LOL Does anyone know how many yards rushing sinton is giving up during a game?

They had a lot of trouble with Orange Grove and scored 8 late in the game to come away with a 28-21 victory. OG runs the slot, but they're new to it. Mathis has been running the offense for over a decade aside for the two years under Zepeda. Should be a barn-burner of a game.

sinton66
10-03-2009, 03:53 PM

Dunno, but it might not matter. They will prepare for Mathis. Check out the leaderboard.
http://prepsports.caller.com/football/boys/leaderboard/individual/
Pay attention to the top 25 defenders in 31-3A. (Sinton has 20 of them). They gotta be doing something right.

pirate4state
10-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
They had a lot of trouble with Orange Grove and scored 8 late in the game to come away with a 28-21 victory. OG runs the slot, but they're new to it. Mathis has been running the offense for over a decade aside for the two years under Zepeda. Should be a barn-burner of a game. the trouble we had and have had is with our tackling. there were only a few times when our defense wasn't where they were suppose to be against OG.

The rivarly runs deep between these 2 teams. Our coaching staff will have us ready and Mathis will get their yards, we will bend, but as long as we don't break we will win! :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
the trouble we had and have had is with our tackling. there were only a few times when our defense wasn't where they were suppose to be against OG.

The rivarly runs deep between these 2 teams. Our coaching staff will have us ready and Mathis will get their yards, we will bend, but as long as we don't break we will win! :D so far all season long Sinton defense hasnt been able to make the play with the first defender most of the time. either bad tackling or over pursing but it needs to get fixed during district as alot of these teams run the ball. Mathis best shot is to do like last year and like most teams have done against Sinton is eat up alot of time on the clock and keep Sinton offense on the sideline. Sinton offense has become almost strickly passing so Mathis will get tested heavily in the air.

sinton66
10-03-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm not sure what all criteria the C/T staff looks at, but it looks to me that the numbers say nice things about Sinton's D.

CueroGobblers
10-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Mathis did there job against Ingleside. What hurt Ingleside was the turnovers, everyone knows if you have that many turnovers in a game you have a slight chance of winning. Mathis has been running the ball alot and I hope that they can be more of a balance team. If someone comes along and stops Mathis running game whatelse can you fall back to?

Mathis is averaging 221 yrds rushing per game. If Mathis wants to win they need to repeat last nights defense against Sinton. Its going to be a long week for both Pirates on the practice field, may the best team win!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I'm not sure what all criteria the C/T staff looks at, but it looks to me that the numbers say nice things about Sinton's D. They do stiffen when up against their own goal line, but miss tackles by the first defender doesn't show up in stats but they're there to make the play just have'nt, so defensively this is one area that needs more seasoning.

sinton66
10-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
They do stiffen when up against their own goal line, but miss tackles by the first defender doesn't show up in stats but they're there to make the play just have'nt, so defensively this is one area that needs more seasoning.

Oh, I whole-heartedly agree with you. Just saying that from the stats on the leaderboard, they are in a good position to get MUCH better.

sinton legacy77
10-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Mathis is always real scrappy, their guys are little and quick...I believe the Sinton OLine will dominate the much smaller mathis Dline and be able to run the ball as they please all night long (last year we didnt even throw a pass the whole game) due to their size! Castro and Harrison will have massive holes to run through sinton will score as they please. the SINTON PIRATES will win this battle.

SINTON 28
mathis 14

pirate4state
10-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by sinton legacy77
Mathis is always real scrappy, their guys are little and quick...I believe the Sinton OLine will dominate the much smaller mathis Dline and be able to run the ball as they please all night long (last year we didnt even throw a pass the whole game) due to their size! Castro and Harrison will have massive holes to run through sinton will score as they please. the SINTON PIRATES will win this battle.

SINTON 28
mathis 14

Acosta has always been a nice addition to the running game.

It's gonna be rowdy in Mathis. Everyone get there early for a good seat!

CueroGobblers
10-04-2009, 09:30 PM

SINTON 28
mathis 14
I would hate for you to be wrong cuz! Thats a big predition and to put Sinton out like that after what Mathis did to upset Ingleside. I know its just for fun but it might come back and bite you on ur rearend!!!

sinton66
10-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I would hate for you to be wrong cuz! Thats a big predition and to put Sinton out like that after what Mathis did to upset Ingleside. I know its just for fun but it might come back and bite you on ur rearend!!!

I'd hate for him to be wrong too. I bet he thinks that Ingleside helped Mathis upset them just a bit. It's possible he also thinks that Sinton isn't too likely to hand Mathis 4 turnovers. I definitely hope he's right about that.

pirate4state
10-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Acosta has always been a nice addition to the running game.

It's gonna be rowdy in Mathis. Everyone get there early for a good seat! I meant also, not always.

I really don't want to see Mathis with a new special shirt made for beating us. They did that 2 years ago when they beat us (along with everyone else) in our 1-9 season. lol

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

SintonFan
10-04-2009, 11:53 PM
I'll take Mathis in an upset of Sinton by two points.:(
35-33 or something like that...

piratebg
10-05-2009, 06:28 AM
I say Sinton struggles against the run early and that will keep Mathis in the game for a while, but I expect Harrison to bomb the hell out of the Mathis secondary. My prediction....

Sinton 42
Mathis 28

Johnny Utah
10-05-2009, 10:01 AM
SintonFan, sounds like you need to change your screen name.

pirate4state
10-05-2009, 11:38 AM
We are gonna give up yards. No question. We will even give up some points. :eek: ;)

What we need to do more than anything is keep the Mathis offense on the sidelines. Offensively, we can not have any 3 & outs after our defense has just been on the field for 5-6 minutes (see Orange Grove). Luckly, we had a HUGE play against Orange Grove that gave us the ball back because our defense was gased!

Last year, Mathis gave us the run, so we didn't need to throw a pass. We had the ball 5 times last year and scored 4 times and won. If Mathis wants to sit back and give us the run, we'll take it, but I think we can still torch them through the air and that's always more fun anyway! :D

Cliche time: Execution, excution, execution. The team that makes the least amount of mistakes is gonna win. It's real simple. LOL

Is it Friday yet? :D

29-3aFAN
10-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Mathis by 7

CueroGobblers
10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Sinton is a passing team and Mathis is a running team. both should have some decent yards of offense. I was expecting for Ingleside to just stick to the pass against Mathis and have like 500 yrds but Mathis played some get defense, if Mathis plays the same like friday Mathis will win this game.Mathis just came off a big upset in a long time. Sinton shouldnt take Mathis likely because it will and just might come back and bite them on there rearend

pirate4state
10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Sinton is a passing team and Mathis is a running team. both should have some decent yards of offense. I was expecting for Ingleside to just stick to the pass against Mathis and have like 500 yrds but Mathis played some get defense, if Mathis plays the same like friday Mathis will win this game.Mathis just came off a big upset in a long time. Sinton shouldnt take Mathis likely because it will and just might come back and bite them on there rearend

No one is taking Mathis lightly. Yes, we are a pass first team, but we also run the ball. We didn't attempt ONE pass in our game against yall last year.

Ingleside had 404 yards of offense, but they also had 4 turnovers.

Maybe Mathis shouldn't take Sinton lightly. :thinking:

Old Green
10-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
SintonFan, sounds like you need to change your screen name. Cuerogobblers too !:rolleyes: :D

CueroGobblers
10-05-2009, 07:44 PM
HEY!!!!! Old green I cant change my name if I would I could. Why does it bother you or what? HUH!!!! Whats wrong are you having a bad day or you havent gotten any lately? Whats wrong with me having this name? I did grad from Mathis and Cuero is where I work so whats the deal picle?

pirate4state
10-05-2009, 08:37 PM
HEY!!!!! Old green I cant change my name if I would I could. Why does it bother you or what? HUH!!!! Whats wrong are you having a bad day or you havent gotten any lately? Whats wrong with me having this name? I did grad from Mathis and Cuero is where I work so whats the deal picle? :eek: :eek: haha wow

sinton legacy77
10-05-2009, 10:48 PM
I'd hate for him to be wrong too. I bet he thinks that Ingleside helped Mathis upset them just a bit. It's possible he also thinks that Sinton isn't too likely to hand Mathis 4 turnovers. I definitely hope he's right about that.

you know me all too well...ingleside didnt play to their potential and aided mathis with the upset.

Sinton will show up and blow up on mathis

great teams make big plays in big games!

LE Dad
10-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'll take Mathis in an upset of Sinton by two points.:(
35-33 or something like that... Somebody say mutiny?? :doh:

:eek: :eek:

sinton66
10-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Somebody say mutiny?? :doh:

:eek: :eek:

Phil C's successor in training?

sinton66
10-06-2009, 06:16 AM
:eek: :eek: haha wow

Yep, that would be the word, alright. What the heck is a "deal picle?":D

Old Green
10-06-2009, 08:08 AM
HEY!!!!! Old green I cant change my name if I would I could. Why does it bother you or what? HUH!!!! Whats wrong are you having a bad day or you havent gotten any lately? Whats wrong with me having this name? I did grad from Mathis and Cuero is where I work so whats the deal picle? No, actually had a good day. Thought i'd joke around a little hence the smlies. Maybe you working in Cuero has caused you not to get any lately causing reading comprehension skills and humor to falter:D

Sorry to interject in your topic Pirate & Pirate fans.

pirate4state
10-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
No actually had a good day. Thought i'd joke around a little hence the smlies. Maybe you working in Cuero has caused you not to get any lately causing reading comprehension skills and humor to falter:D

LOL ~ no worries.

Did I mention that in the 32 games Sinton & Mathis have faced off, Mathis has only won 7 of them!?! :eek: :D

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

sinton legacy77
10-06-2009, 12:01 PM
LOL ~ no worries.

Did I mention that in the 32 games Sinton & Mathis have faced off, Mathis has only won 7 of them!?! :eek: :D

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

:thumbsup:

CueroGobblers
10-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
No, actually had a good day. Thought i'd joke around a little hence the smlies. Maybe you working in Cuero has caused you not to get any lately causing reading comprehension skills and humor to falter:D

Hey Old green I was joking too but looks like you cant take a joke. LOL!! Whatever, as for me working in Cuero, that has nothing to do with it. I like to play around and get people mad sometimes its funny to see how they react!!! Especially old folks, Ha,Ha,Ha!

CueroGobblers
10-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Yep, that would be the word, alright. What the heck is a "deal picle?":D

Hey sinton sixty six! I meant to type Dill Pickle, know now just joking around,but it looks like we cant take a joke around here. Loosen up a little bit! Its ok bro, calm down!!!

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 12:30 PM
LOL ~ no worries.

GO SINTON PIRATES!!! A thread that is actually discussing the game :confused: :confused: Wow!!

:cool:

sinton legacy77
10-06-2009, 06:16 PM
vote for laws and shane for player of the week http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/05/monday-morning-qb-week-5-poll/

Blastoderm55
10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
LOL ~ no worries.

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

Mathis won the one playoff meeting. :thumbsup:

and then got donkey-stomped by L-E

Keith7
10-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Mathis by 42

sinton66
10-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Mathis by 42

You can't even find Mathis on a map, much less make an intelligent prediction.:D

SintonFan88
10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Sinton will win this game. 28 - 14. Defense really needs to step it up and make good tackles. Let's show them who the REAL PIRATES are.

Keith7
10-06-2009, 07:58 PM
You can't even find Mathis on a map, much less make an intelligent prediction.:D

You got me on that one

PhiI C
10-06-2009, 08:41 PM
This one is going to be a close one. Mathis is at home and they are always extra tough there. I say Sinton wins 35 to 31.

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Phil C's successor in training? Lol:doh:

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 08:56 PM

and then got donkey-stomped by L-E :thumbsup: :evil:

CueroGobblers
10-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I remember that year when we went to state! Every playoff game that we played we had to come from behind to win and it all started with the last game at Orange Grove! Those were the days!! Coach Soza turn this program and community around!!

sinton66
10-06-2009, 09:20 PM
I remember that year when we went to state! Every playoff game that we played we had to come from behind to win and it all started with the last game at Orange Grove! Those were the days!! Coach Soza turn this program and community around!!

You're welcome?

sinfan75
10-06-2009, 10:36 PM
HEY!!!!! Old green I cant change my name if I would I could. Why does it bother you or what? HUH!!!! Whats wrong are you having a bad day or you havent gotten any lately? Whats wrong with me having this name? I did grad from Mathis and Cuero is where I work so whats the deal picle? I know who you are! MathisPirates4state (or somethin like that) from back inthe early 2000's. Guaranteed!!:D

sinfan75
10-06-2009, 10:41 PM

and then got donkey-stomped by L-E And then Sinton donkey-stomped Mathis 2 years later.:D And SKUNKED em at that.:p

SintonFan
10-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I know who you are! MathisPirates4state (or somethin like that) from back inthe early 2000's. Guaranteed!!:D

Tony, can you change my name to MPirateFan, because of all the requests?

lol @ Yato... there's only one p4s...:D

I hope I am wrong on the prediction but you know Mathis will be pumped!:eek:

sinfan75
10-06-2009, 11:01 PM

I hope I am wrong on the prediction but you know Mathis will be pumped!:eek: You Know who I'm talkin about.:D

sinfan75
10-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I think SintonFan votedfor Mathis to keep the poll close.:foul: :taunt:

Blastoderm55
10-06-2009, 11:08 PM

Eh, the program yeah. The community still sucks though. :doh:

Blastoderm55
10-06-2009, 11:09 PM
And then Sinton donkey-stomped Mathis 2 years later.:D And SKUNKED em at that.:p

Yeah yeah yeah :mad:

SintonFan
10-06-2009, 11:15 PM
I think SintonFan votedfor Mathis to keep the poll close.:foul: :taunt:

I don't remember...:p

I do remember that dude. MPirateFan or something like that. Lots of fun back then in 2001!;)
Remember the Marble Falls kids that was ROMMED that same year? Sweet.:clap: :D

sinton66
10-06-2009, 11:30 PM
I remember a dang big stink when someone pointed out Sinton had tortilla burgers. Dang trouble-maker.:D

SINTON81
10-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I remember a dang big stink when someone pointed out Sinton had tortilla burgers. Dang trouble-maker.:D
Ahhh... memories. I remember those days.:)

SINTON81
10-07-2009, 08:13 AM

I hope you're wrong too, MPirateFan.:D

pirate4state
10-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Channel 6 has made this their "game of the week" :cool:

Lake Pirate
10-07-2009, 09:41 AM
I know this game will certainly qualify as the game of the week. I won't go as far as to predict a winner, but I can't see Mathis being held to only 14 points, not by a team that gave up 24 point to Aransas Pass.

spirate_9
10-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Does anyone remember what happened last time Sinton-Mathis was the "Game of the Week?"

buff4ever
10-07-2009, 09:55 AM
I think sinton takes this game by more than most think

pirate4state
10-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
I know this game will certainly qualify as the game of the week. I won't go as far as to predict a winner, but I can't see Mathis being held to only 14 points, not by a team that gave up 24 point to Aransas Pass. 17 of those points were scored on our 2nd & 3rd stringers.

Welcome to the board Lake Pirate! :)

pirate4state
10-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by spirate_9
Does anyone remember what happened last time Sinton-Mathis was the "Game of the Week?" 45-0 ? :D

Lake Pirate
10-07-2009, 10:53 AM
17 of those points were scored on our 2nd & 3rd stringers.

Welcome to the board Lake Pirate! :)

That makes sense, also a classy move by the Sinton coaching staff. Thanks for the welcome. I still think it will be a high scoring game. I hope the weather cooperates. By the way, are there ever any half-time meet and greets? Just asking, thought it'd be cool.

Blastoderm55
10-07-2009, 11:05 AM
That makes sense, also a classy move by the Sinton coaching staff. Thanks for the welcome. I still think it will be a high scoring game. I hope the weather cooperates. By the way, are there ever any half-time meet and greets? Just asking, thought it'd be cool.

Sinton people and Mathis people? Together at halftime? Ackk! Pregame chow at Van's sounds like a better deal. Too bad I'm working til 6:15. :(

swarm
10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
sinton by 1 and thats all that matters

Phil C
10-07-2009, 11:34 AM

Welcome aboard Lake Pirate. It would be cool for a meet and greet at half time. Since it is in Mathis just let us know where we can meet. It is not 100% sure that I can be there but if I am I will go there if I am. I will be the old guy with the blue Dallas Cowboy's hate.

pirate4state
10-07-2009, 11:54 AM

Is 28-21 high scoring? :D Wasn't that our score last year? If we run the ball, I predict that type of score. If we air it out and have success, it could get ugly.

I don't think we've ever had a M&G with Mathis, mainly because the few Mathis posters, don't live in Mathis.

We'd be happy to meet you if you'd just tell us where the best place to meet is. Preferrably away from Ramon. :D I know he'll be waiting for us when we arrive.

Van's before the game would be great!

Lake Pirate
10-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Is 28-21 high scoring? :D Wasn't that our score last year? If we run the ball, I predict that type of score. If we air it out and have success, it could get ugly.

I don't think we've ever had a M&G with Mathis, mainly because the few Mathis posters, don't live in Mathis.

We'd be happy to meet you if you'd just tell us where the best place to meet is. Preferrably away from Ramon. :D I know he'll be waiting for us when we arrive.

Van's before the game would be great!

I'll probably be selling programs and t-shirts at the gate just prior to kick-off (boosters), but let me get back to you all about Van's, that sound good. I'll talk to Alma and Val and see if they'd consider a 3A Downlow Discount, lol. I can't help but laugh at Ramon's noteriety. He is Mathis' own Public Nuisance, or #1 fan depending who you ask. That guy is know all over South Texas, if it makes you feel better just know that we have to deal with him daily. Legend has it that Ramon can be at a football game at the stadium and a volleyball game at the event center at the same time. It is said that Ramon has tormented more people than the Black Plague.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2009, 12:39 PM
45-0 ? :D After that MathisPirateFan became CueroGobblers ;)

SintonFan
10-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
I hope you're wrong too, MPirateFan.:D

lol
:p :D

Blastoderm55
10-07-2009, 01:09 PM
I'll probably be selling programs and t-shirts at the gate just prior to kick-off (boosters), but let me get back to you all about Van's, that sound good. I'll talk to Alma and Val and see if they'd consider a 3A Downlow Discount, lol. I can't help but laugh at Ramon's noteriety. He is Mathis' own Public Nuisance, or #1 fan depending who you ask. That guy is know all over South Texas, if it makes you feel better just know that we have to deal with him daily. Legend has it that Ramon can be at a football game at the stadium and a volleyball game at the event center at the same time. It is said that Ramon has tormented more people than the Black Plague.

Sinton knows Ramon very well. He was exiled there about 15 years ago. It took him a while, but he made it back. And just when the Kwik Pantry and Golden's Chicken thought they were rid of him! :D

pirate4state
10-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Sinton people and Mathis people? Together at halftime? Ackk! Pregame chow at Van's sounds like a better deal. Too bad I'm working til 6:15. :( Does this mean you'll be at the game?

Blastoderm55
10-07-2009, 01:23 PM
I'm going to try. Its shaping up to be a great game, and I've got two sisters in band who I haven't seen perform yet this year, so I'm hoping to make it.

Phil C
10-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I still hope we can meet and greet at halftime. I am planning to be there and as mentioned I will be wearing my Dallas Cowboy blue hat. I see Ramon in Sinton once in a while but not very often. My boss was in Taft and saw him at a restaurant there a few weeks ago so he must have relatives around everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if he is sometimes in Odem or George West.

sinton66
10-07-2009, 05:51 PM

Nope, no can do, sorry. Against Board policy. Under the General Information section of the rules page, it states: "Once you come up with a screen name and register under it, you stay with that screen name. We no longer accept requests to change them.

SintonFan
10-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Nope, no can do, sorry. Against Board policy. Under the General Information section of the rules page, it states: "Once you come up with a screen name and register under it, you stay with that screen name. We no longer accept requests to change them.

Oh Thank GOD!;) :D

CueroGobblers
10-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Why is there alot of haters in here? I would like to meet and greet some of these Sinton fans on this board. GROW UP!!!!

SintonFan
10-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Why is there alot of haters in here? I would like to meet and greet some of these Sinton fans on this board. GROW UP!!!!

No haters... just some fun.:D

CueroGobblers
10-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey SintonFan thats cool but I still dont believe you... na right now is not a good time so crush it.

SintonFan
10-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey SintonFan thats cool but I still dont believe you... na right now is not a good time so crush it.

Well...
no one can know, on a bulletin board, when IT IS a good time for you. Why so touchy?:confused:
I always just try to go with the flow(of Salmon swimming upstream ) sometimes.:)
Please don't stop posting, I haven't seen a mean word your way here on this thread.:)
I know lots of the Sinton posters love to meet fellow posters to talk football and generally have a good safe time. Ask around... I have shaken hands with those who threatened to "punch my lights out". :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Mathis vs Sinton (Mathis view of the game) (http://www.kristv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4194261&h1=Mathis%20To%20Battle%20Against%20Huge%20Rivals&vt1=v&at1=Promotion%2025&d1=108667&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=63298364)

SintonFan
10-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Mathis vs Sinton (Mathis view of the game) (http://www.kristv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4194261&h1=Mathis%20To%20Battle%20Against%20Huge%20Rivals&vt1=v&at1=Promotion%2025&d1=108667&LaunchPageAdTag=Sport&activePane=info&rnd=63298364)

Nice! Thanks for the link.:)

CueroGobblers
10-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Well...
no one can know, on a bulletin board, when IT IS a good time for you. Why so touchy?:confused:
I always just try to go with the flow(of Salmon swimming upstream ) sometimes.:)
Please don't stop posting, I haven't seen a mean word your way here on this thread.:)
I know lots of the Sinton posters love to meet fellow posters to talk football and generally have a good safe time. Ask around... I have shaken hands with those who threatened to "punch my lights out". :D
Hey no one is threaten you. Its just that maybe you have something against me or maybe a few of your fellow sinton friends have something against me just cuz my name is CueroGobbler and Im from Mathis. I would change my name if I could but I cant. Those years when I was really talking smack about Sinton were the days. Im 32 yrs old and dont need no drama LOL!!! Now if you want to meet up someday and maybe wrestle little bit we can, but let me tell you something. I was and will always be a Marine!!! So whenever you want!!! LOL in your face! Hey im just joking I will never do that to anyone but I am a USMC!

pirate4state
10-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Our boys were on at 10. Haven't checked the web page to see if the video is up yet.

SintonFan
10-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey no one is threaten you. Its just that maybe you have something against me or maybe a few of your fellow sinton friends have something against me just cuz my name is CueroGobbler and Im from Mathis. I would change my name if I could but I cant. Those years when I was really talking smack about Sinton were the days. Im 32 yrs old and dont need no drama LOL!!! Now if you want to meet up someday and maybe wrestle little bit we can, but let me tell you something. I was and will always be a Marine!!! So whenever you want!!! LOL in your face! Hey im just joking I will never do that to anyone but I am a USMC!

Dude. Chill out.
Did you read my post?:D
Lots of us truly miss the days when you were here under a different name.

I am grateful of your service to this country. You help to keep this country free.

*Scratching my head*
How did this get started with

No haters... just some fun.:D

It IS really hard to convey emotions or intent on a bulletin board is it not?:)

I have nothing against you. I talk to Mathis people all the time and like all of them.:)

Btw, I'm 39 and work down here in Sinton so I can put a roof over my wife's and kid's heads...

LE Dad
10-08-2009, 08:33 AM
1 more day !! :clap: :clap:

Good luck Sinton:thumbsup:

pirate4state
10-08-2009, 09:03 AM

haha

Loved what the coach had to say about the booster club's reaction to treating it just like any other game. :D

Good stuff.

KRISTV still doesn't have our video up, but here is the story.

SINTON - The Sinton football team is 5-0 on the year and once again sits atop the District 31-3A leaderboard, tied with Robstown and Mathis who just happen to be their next two opponents.

The Pirates are just taking things as they come, while at same time focusing on this year's theme, which is the word, one.

The Pirates have won 15 of their last 16 games dating back to 2008, which is tied for tops in the area. However, right now the only thing on their minds is Mathis.

"They're pretty good. I mean, everybody that says they're not much, well, they are all that and more, a real dangerous team," Head Coach Tom Allen said.

"Mathis is always a tough team to beat. We saw that last year. We beat them 21-14 out here, so we are just going to come out here and be prepared like every week," quarterback Josh Harrison said.

Mathis shocked Ingleside on Friday beating them by one point, which gives them plenty of momentum for this Friday's showdown.

"That one game can maybe get them on a roll. If we were to shut them down that would be big for us, and maybe we will finally earn some respect," receiver Shane Segovia said.

"I think that's how it should be. It should be a conflict, so we just have to show them out and show them who the real Pirates are," Harrison said.

Online Reporter: Tyler Garrett

LINK (http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11277664&nav=menu192_4_1)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2009, 11:52 AM
haha

Loved what the coach had to say about the booster club's reaction to treating it just like any other game. :D

Good stuff.

KRISTV still doesn't have our video up, but here is the story.

SINTON - The Sinton football team is 5-0 on the year and once again sits atop the District 31-3A leaderboard, tied with Robstown and Mathis who just happen to be their next two opponents.

The Pirates are just taking things as they come, while at same time focusing on this year's theme, which is the word, one.

The Pirates have won 15 of their last 16 games dating back to 2008, which is tied for tops in the area. However, right now the only thing on their minds is Mathis.

"They're pretty good. I mean, everybody that says they're not much, well, they are all that and more, a real dangerous team," Head Coach Tom Allen said.

"Mathis is always a tough team to beat. We saw that last year. We beat them 21-14 out here, so we are just going to come out here and be prepared like every week," quarterback Josh Harrison said.

Mathis shocked Ingleside on Friday beating them by one point, which gives them plenty of momentum for this Friday's showdown.

"That one game can maybe get them on a roll. If we were to shut them down that would be big for us, and maybe we will finally earn some respect," receiver Shane Segovia said.

"I think that's how it should be. It should be a conflict, so we just have to show them out and show them who the real Pirates are," Harrison said.

Online Reporter: Tyler Garrett

LINK (http://www.kristv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11277664&nav=menu192_4_1) yeah, was going to put both but the Sinton video hadn't been added just the story. I saw the clip at 10 and like how Josh avoided into being tempted to give bulletin board material.

SHSBulldog00
10-08-2009, 11:57 AM
When the Mutiny is over and all the gold (points) are counted Sinton will come away with more booty.

Sinton 28
Mathis 24

CueroGobblers
10-08-2009, 12:31 PM
Dude. Chill out.
Did you read my post?:D
Lots of us truly miss the days when you were here under a different name.

I am grateful of your service to this country. You help to keep this country free.

*Scratching my head*
How did this get started with

It IS really hard to convey emotions or intent on a bulletin board is it not?:)

I have nothing against you. I talk to Mathis people all the time and like all of them.:)

Btw, I'm 39 and work down here in Sinton so I can put a roof over my wife's and kid's heads... Hey no hard feelings here, its all good. BTW, Im married and have kids too!!

As for the game tomorrow, I cant wait! I would like to drive from Victoria to Mathis just to go watch the game but its going to be raining here so I dont know yet! Is someone going to be there giving updates? good luck to both teams should be a great game!

SintonFan
10-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey no hard feelings here, its all good. BTW, Im married and have kids too!!

As for the game tomorrow, I cant wait! I would like to drive from Victoria to Mathis just to go watch the game but its going to be raining here so I dont know yet! Is someone going to be there giving updates? good luck to both teams should be a great game!
It's all good.:clap:

pirate4state
10-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Hey no hard feelings here, its all good. BTW, Im married and have kids too!!

As for the game tomorrow, I cant wait! I would like to drive from Victoria to Mathis just to go watch the game but its going to be raining here so I dont know yet! Is someone going to be there giving updates? good luck to both teams should be a great game! play by play updates will be available at www.twitter.com/sintonpirates

you don't need an account to read, errrr, i mean follow along

pirate4state
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Big numbers from Mathis back
Pirates’ Butler averages nearly 10 yards per carry

By Javier Becerra
Posted October 8, 2009 at 7:53 a.m. , updated October 8, 2009 at 8:06 a.m.

http://media.caller.com/media/img/photos/2009/10/08/20091008-074541-pic-601060647_t607.jpg
Mathis running back Donnie Butler has rushed for 660 yards and 10 touchdowns in five games.
Photo by Steve Nurenberg

CORPUS CHRISTI — Donnie Butler didn’t carry the ball much last season, but first-year Mathis coach Paul Kilby thought the 5-foot-9, 160-pound junior might be able to contribute somewhere on offense.

Kilby was right.

Through five games, Butler has rushed for 660 yards and 10 touchdowns as the Pirates’ primary ball carrier. He averages nearly 10 yards per carry and is a big reason why the team is 2-0 in District 31-3A heading into Friday’s showdown against Sinton.

“When I got here I recognized right away he could be a great running back,” Kilby said of Butler. “He struggled early hanging onto the ball, but he really has improved. He’s a good all-round back. The stats are going to be good, but for us he’s much more than just a running back.

“He’s going to be there when his number is called.”

Such was the case against Ingleside last week.

The Mustangs had just scored in overtime to cut their deficit to 21-20 and decided to go for the win. Butler, who also plays defensive back, followed the play — a sweep to the left — and reached Ingleside’s Dale Fabacher in time to knock him out of bounds and preserve the victory.

Having only played sparingly on defense until last week, Butler had only one thing on his mind.

“I had to make sure they didn’t cross that goal line,” Butler said. “I was getting blocked, but I knew I had to make the stop. I fought off the block and somehow got there. Then I just came up and made the hit.”

The win ended Ingleside’s four-game win streak and dropped the Mustangs into a tie with West Oso for fourth place in the 31-3A standings. Mathis, meanwhile, is one of three teams in first place along with Robstown and Sinton.

Things are going to change Friday with Mathis hosting an unbeaten Sinton team averaging 34 points and 357 total yards per game. It’s another big game, but after last week’s triumph, Mathis is sure to be ready.

“We want to win real bad and I’m sure they want to win real bad,” Kilby said. “It’s just another means to reaching our goal, and that’s trying to make the playoffs. Sinton is an excellent team. We’re hoping for another incredible effort.”

The Pirates are sure to get one from Butler, who usually stays after practice to train with older brother Chris Sanders, a 2002 Mathis graduate. He said he spends most of the extra time working on footwork and stamina, which is evident by the production.

Butler has rushed for 100 yards in all but one game and has a best of 202 yards in a 21-18 loss to Tuloso-Midway. He’ll try again against Sinton, which likely doesn’t want to end up chasing Butler in the open field.

“He’s very elusive, and if you watch him run he has a natural shoulder lean, so he’s always falling forward,” Kilby said. “He’s extremely fast and deceptive. We always tell the offensive line that if we can get him to the linebackers or just past them he’s going to beat some people in the secondary. He’s already proven that.”

LINK (http://www.caller.com/news/2009/oct/08/big-numbers/)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Sinton vs Mathis (Sinton view of the game) (http://www.kristv.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=4195808&h1=Sinton%20Full%20Of%20Pirate%20Pride&vt1=v&at1=Promotion%2025&d1=106500&LaunchPageAdTag=Promotion%2025&activePane=info&rnd=48212005)

sinton legacy77
10-08-2009, 05:25 PM
yeah, was going to put both but the Sinton video hadn't been added just the story. I saw the clip at 10 and like how Josh avoided into being tempted to give bulletin board material.

Yeah, Bird handled it well...the freakin news people ask us questions like that to bait us into saying bulletin board material.

Coach Allen does a good job of teaching us how to talk to those guys

CueroGobblers
10-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Where is everybody at? LOL I cant wait for tomorrows game. I wish both teams good luck and to stay healthy. Do you think that both of these teams will make the playoffs? I can say that both of these teams have made it to the STATE FINALS at least once, what an accomplishment for these Pirates!!! :clap:

SintonFan
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
I like the attitude from the video posted by Sinton. I'll reverse my prediction...
Sinton by 2.
Something like 33-31.

CueroGobblers
10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
SintonFan that is a good prediction. Im not going to predict the score, I didnt do last week so lets see what happens. I just want Mathis to do there job, cause turnovers, and keep the sinton offense off the field.:clap:

sinton66
10-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I like the attitude from the video posted by Sinton. I'll reverse my prediction...
Sinton by 2.
Something like 33-31.

I always like Sinton players' attitudes. Sinton by 7.

ol country boy
10-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Did anybody lose any kids to grades?

Ranger354
10-09-2009, 05:52 AM
its 6am and if we get any of that rain currently on the radar, it is going yo ve a messy field. i always thought it eas easier to pass in the mud then it is to run in the mud. unless you are running straight ahead. i hope sintons D can hold up.

sinton66
10-09-2009, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Ranger354
its 6am and if we get any of that rain currently on the radar, it is going yo ve a messy field. i always thought it eas easier to pass in the mud then it is to run in the mud. unless you are running straight ahead. i hope sintons D can hold up.

It usually rains on both sides of the field.;) Shouldn't make a big difference. Just gotta adjust and find a way to win.

pirate4state
10-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Did anybody lose any kids to grades?

Haven't heard anything. That's usually a good sign. :D

Game day men!

pirate4state
10-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Through 12 PM...a line of showers and a few embedded thunderstorms will continue to move southeast at 30 mph across south Texas and move onto the adjacent gulf waters. Gusty winds and rainfall amounts of 1/10 to 1/4 of an inch...with isolated amounts over 1/2 inch can be expected with this activity. Occasional lightning strikes can be expected within the stronger storms.

Hi: 84° Showers and thunderstorms. Breezy. Some thunderstorms may be severe. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the upper 80s. Temperatures falling into the lower 70s in the afternoon. Southwest winds 15 to 20 mph increasing to north 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Gusts around 35 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Lo: 56° Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers after midnight. Much cooler. Lows in the upper 50s inland...in the mid 60s coast. North winds 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

http://weather.weatherbug.com/TX/Mathis-weather/local-forecast/detailed-forecast.html?zcode=z6286

pirate4state
10-09-2009, 04:11 PM
One last reminder for those of you that can not attend our game, but would like to follow along.

www.twitter.com/sintonpirates offers play-by-play updates of our game. You do not have to a registered user to follow.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIRATES!!!! S-I-N-T-O-N PIRATES!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

SintonFan
10-09-2009, 05:19 PM
I always like Sinton players' attitudes. Sinton by 7.

lol
Ok, maybe I should have typed, "The attitude" or "The video" in general.:p :D :)
GO SINTON PIRATES!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 07:45 PM
pass out the ammunition..lets go to war!!!!

Blastoderm55
10-09-2009, 07:52 PM
End of first quarter. 0-0. Mathis' second possession at Sinton 11. Mathis drove down to Sinton 1 on first drive but stalled on fourth down. Sinton forced to punt on its opening series.

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 07:57 PM
mathis scorces kick is good 7-0 10:38 in the sec.

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 07:59 PM
mathis kickoff sinton stopped on there 11.....

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:00 PM
sinton 3&9 on there 12

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:01 PM
time out mathis

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:02 PM
sorry make that 3 & 7

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:03 PM
sinton passed just inches short...4th and inches sinton will go for it....BIG PLAY!!!

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:04 PM
sinton converts 1st and 10 on their 24

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:05 PM
sinton up the middle for 8..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:06 PM
sinton big pass to the mathis 48..1st and 10

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:07 PM
sinton another pass for nice yardage now 1st and 10 to the mathis 21

PhiI C
10-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Go Sinton Pirates!

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:09 PM
sinton gets called for holding it will be 1st and 20 on mathis 31..........sinton runs to the right for 5 yards..2nd and 15

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:09 PM
qb keeper for 3...3 and 12

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:12 PM
sinton passed is INTERCEPTED!!!....but penalty for mathis for Pass interference..sinton will get the ball 1 and goal at the 7..what a break for sinton...

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:12 PM
3rd and goal at the 5

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:14 PM
pass incomplete will be 4th and goal..sinton sending out FG team..mathis calls timeout before kick..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:15 PM
kick is good...mathis 7 sinton 3 with 2:11 in the second..sinton will kickoff..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:17 PM
sinton kicks...mathis brings it back to the sinton 45..1st and 10

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:18 PM
mathis to the right for 5..2nd and 5

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:19 PM
mathis for 4..3rd and 1

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:20 PM
mathis to the sinton 37 with :42 left...mathis timeout

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:21 PM
incomplete pass by mathis brings 2nd and 10

99IHSMustang
10-09-2009, 08:21 PM
wow... sounds like this one is a nail bitter so far..:eek:

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:24 PM
mathis to the right...big face mask by sinton will bring mathis to the sinton 6..1st and goal..HUGE PLAY

SintonFan
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
wow... sounds like this one is a nail bitter so far..:eek:

I tried to call you before the Mathis game Iz...:)

Frontline Force
delay of game on mathis will bring them to the 11

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:25 PM
mathis passes to the endzone for a TOUCHDOWN!!!..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:26 PM
kick is good mathis 14 sinton 3..13 seconds left in the half...

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:27 PM
sinton brings it to their 35 on the kickoff

99IHSMustang
10-09-2009, 08:28 PM
I tried to call you before the Mathis game Iz...:)

I dont see a missed call on my phone... are you drunk dialin again?... lol :D

sinfan75
10-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Sinton's run D has been their weakness all year and its showin tonight. They're gettin hammered.

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:29 PM
sinton runs up the middle to the mathis 43..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:29 PM
mathis with a huge sack to send the game into the half

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:30 PM
HALFTIME...MATHIS 14 SINTON 3

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:35 PM
sinton will get the ball after the half..

SintonFan
10-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Go Sinton!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beat Mathis!!!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
10-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I dont see a missed call on my phone... are you drunk dialin again?... lol :D

I tried to call you at least three weeks ago...:D

99IHSMustang
10-09-2009, 08:37 PM
I tried to call you at least three weeks ago...:D

Are you at the game?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Sinton regular defense hasnt stopped the opposition all season long unless they blitz and gamble, Mathis will just run the clock down and give very few offensive possessions for Sinton. Mathis has done a good job stopping Harrison on his keepers and runs. Sinton passing game has been ok just hasnt hit a big play.

SintonFan
10-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Are you at the game?

Sorry at home with a house full of kids.:)

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:57 PM
teams going back to the field....

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 08:59 PM
sinton will recieve the kickoff...going into the wind.

99IHSMustang
Sorry at home with a house full of kids.:)

Oh lucky you... :D

Frontline Force
sinton returns the kick to their 17...

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:00 PM
sinton passes for 1 yard gain...2nd and 9

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:01 PM
another pass from sinton for 4 yards brings up 3 and 5

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:02 PM
sinton throws a passed that is INTERCEPTED and ran all the way back for a MATHIS TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:03 PM
kick is good MATHIS 21 SINTON 3 w/ 10:12 in the 3rd..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
sinton brings it back to their 34 on the kickoff..1st and 10

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:07 PM
sinton gains 1 on the run bringing 2nd and 9....sinton incomplete pass brings 3rd and 9

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:08 PM
sinton gets hit with a delay of game for 3rd and 14...then gets another for illegal motion making it 3rd and 19..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:09 PM
sinton incomplete pass brings up 4th and 19 and the punt team will comeout..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:09 PM
punt puts mathis in sinton territory on the 44

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:10 PM
mathis up the middle for 11 brings mathis to the 33..1st and 10

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:11 PM
mathis qb keeper for 4 brings up 2nd and 6 on sinton 29

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:12 PM
mathis toss to the right for 2 yrd gain..3rd and 4 on 27

Frontline Force
sinton offsides gives mathis a 1st and 10..

pirate4state
It is very obvious that we did not come to play and Mathis did.

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:13 PM
mathis with a huge run...will put mathis 1st and goal on the 4 yard line..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:14 PM
mathis toss to the right for a mathis TOUCHDOWN..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:15 PM
kick is good MATHIS 28 SINTON 3 w/ 5:07 in the 3rd.

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:16 PM
sinton brings the kickoff to their 41

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:18 PM
sinton incomplete pass brings 2nd and 10

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:19 PM
mathis fans are going crazy and it looks like its affecting the sinton offense..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:21 PM
another incomplete pass brings up 3rd and 10..sinton passes for 8 yards and will go for it on 4th and 2

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:21 PM
sinton with a huge pass with put them on the mathis 30

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:23 PM
sinton pass is incomplete but mathis is hit with a roughing the passer and will put sinton at mathis 15...sinton qb is hurt on the play

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:25 PM
qb is ok and answers with a TOUCHDOWN pass....kick is good and score is MATHIS 28 SINTON 10 W/3:49 in the 3rd..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:26 PM
sinton goes for an onside kick but is recovered by mathis..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:28 PM
mathis 1st and 10 at their 48...mathis answers with a nice run to the sinton 35..1st and 10 for mathis

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:28 PM
mathis toss to the left for 4 brings up 2nd and 6 on sinton 31

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:30 PM
mathis with a big run again now on sinton 18..1st and 10.....mathis toss for another 4..2nd and 6

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
mathis motion penalty..

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:32 PM
qb sack sinton gets fumble on 30

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:32 PM
sinton pass incomplete 2nd and 10 w/ :14 in the 3rd

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:38 PM
sinton up the middle for 7 brings a end to the 3rd...sinton another run up the middle for a 1st down to the mathis 48

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:39 PM
sinton with a couple of passes for short gains sets up a TOUCHDOWN PASS....

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:40 PM
sinton goes for 2 and is denied....MATHIS 28 SINTON 16 W/ 10:23 in the 4th

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:42 PM
mathis on the 20 1st and 10

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:42 PM
qb fumbles snap and sinton RECOVERS!!!!....

Frontline Force
10-09-2009, 09:43 PM
sinton pass incomplete brings up 2nd and 10 on the 24

99IHSMustang
10-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Mathis 28 Sinton 23 in the 4th qtr according to Caller.com

sinfan75
10-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Sinton takes the lead 31-28. Helluva comeback-hopefully

SintonFan
10-09-2009, 10:01 PM

SINTON TAKE CONTROL!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

PhiI C
10-09-2009, 10:01 PM

No matter who wins this has been a great game by two good teams really playing outstanding.

sinfan75
10-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Sinton's D just stopped (huh?) Mathis on 4th and 1.

Maroon87
10-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
No matter who wins this has been a great game by two good teams really playing outstanding.

Scary times indeed!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2009, 10:12 PM
bad snap and Qb dropped for saftey

Sinton 33 Mathis 28 Final

woohoo

99IHSMustang
10-09-2009, 10:14 PM
wow... what a way to come back. Congrats Sinton.

sinfan75
10-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Great comeback by Sinton but they REALLY need to fix they're D.

PhiI C
10-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Scary times indeed!

Indeed!

sinton66
10-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Just freaking amazing. Congrats Sinton Pirates and great game by Mathis. Boy do we ever need to step it up on D. Fourth quarter wind was at Harrison's back and he had better luck hitting the receivers. Going with the wind, was tending to overthrow.

Blastoderm55
10-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Sounds like Sinton's D stepped it up midway through the third. Big win for the Pirates. Tough to lose a game like this having been up by so much, but I think the win will ground Mathis a bit and put them on a path toward a playoff spot.

sinton66
10-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Sounds like Sinton's D stepped it up midway through the third. Big win for the Pirates. Tough to lose a game like this having been up by so much, but I think the win will ground Mathis a bit and put them on a path toward a playoff spot.

I agree after watching them tonight. They'll sew up #2 for sure.

LE Dad
10-09-2009, 10:30 PM
:clap: :clap: Great job Sinton

:eek: :eek: Ya'll had me scared for a minute!!

:D

sinton66
10-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:clap: :clap: Great job Sinton

:eek: :eek: Ya'll had me scared for a minute!!

:D

That's nothing. They had me scared for 2-1/2 quarters.:D

pirate4state
10-09-2009, 10:32 PM
It is very obvious that we did not come to play and Mathis did.

:D awesome. they heard how pissed i was and woke up! tremendous comeback boys!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2009, 10:38 PM
:D awesome. they heard how pissed i was and woke up! tremendous comeback boys!! they've been playing cautionally on defense all season and finally they put pressure at the point of attack got them flying to the ball and disrupted Mathis running game :clap:

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Sounds like it was a helluva game. Although I would like to take a small portion of credit for
the win due to the maroon hat I wore tonight. ;)

sinton66
10-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I gotta hand it to them, they sure found a way to win. I'm still in a bit of shock.

SintonFan
10-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Awesome Win Sinton Pirates!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton legacy77
10-09-2009, 10:47 PM
whoo hoo!

i couldnt be more proud of my team! The real pirates proved who they are and what they are made of, overcoming adversity, competing, and fighting through all 4 quarters to get the victory.

GO SINTON HOME OF THE REAL PIRATES

sinton legacy77
10-09-2009, 10:47 PM
and for the class of 2010

MATHIS IS DUNZO!

Bring on Robstown

Old Green
10-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Great comeback Sinton:clap:

sinton66
10-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Sounds like it was a helluva game. Although I would like to take a small portion of credit for
the win due to the maroon hat I wore tonight. ;)
Hey, sounds good to me. Credit given cheerfully.;)

CueroGobblers
10-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Good game Sinton but hey yall deserved it and Mathis its not over we can still make the playoffs.

sinton66
10-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey, sounds good to me. Credit given cheerfully.;)

Hey, wait a minute Red. Both of us are maroon.:mad:

Sweetwater Red
10-10-2009, 12:06 AM
Haha! True. But my maroon hat has a never ending S on it. :D

sinton66
10-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Haha! True. But my maroon hat has a never ending S on it. :D

OH! okay then.;) Never mind the previous post.:D

SintonFan
10-10-2009, 12:45 AM
OH! okay then.;) Never mind the previous post.:D

lol:D

maroonpirate04
10-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Congrats Sinton Pirates!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: You took control of the ship and siezed their treasure and put a "Neverending S" flag on board:D :D

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE PIRATES AND THAT IS SINTON!;)

To bad i didn't get to take some great pics got off work late and made it to the second half of the game:( was in a rush to get there

SintonFan88
10-10-2009, 12:50 AM
That was an awesome game. Well at least the second half for sure. As Coach Allen put it. These men show alot of character to come back and win this game. After being down 28 - 3 even I had my doubts but our guys found a way to win and get it done. Congratulations Pirates from Sinton. You are the REAL Pirates! Again great job.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2009, 01:52 AM
CC Caller times video of Sinton vs Mathis (http://www.caller.com/videos/detail/sinton-33-mathis-28/)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2009, 08:57 AM
and for the class of 2010

MATHIS IS DUNZO!

Bring on Robstown :) there was a poster that said MATHIS IS DUNZO! in that video :)

sinton66
10-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I've been watching Sinton games for a LOT of years, and that's the wildest ending I've ever seen or even heard of. Kudos to the kids for not giving in and making it count.

This might be the farthest Sinton has ever come from behind to win.

pirate4state
10-10-2009, 11:13 AM
I've been watching Sinton games for a LOT of years, and that's the wildest ending I've ever seen or even heard of. Kudos to the kids for not giving in and making it count.

This might be the farthest Sinton has ever come from behind to win. We were talking about where it ranked in our history of games. It doesn't beat out the Hitchcock game, but it ranks pretty darn close!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2009, 11:24 AM
We were talking about where it ranked in our history of games. It doesn't beat out the Hitchcock game, but it ranks pretty darn close! it ranks up there was that game :) although that game i'll give the slight edge as more than half of Sinton fans were already in the parking lot. The Cuero game few years back would had ranked up there if Sinton had completed the comeback.

SINTON81
10-10-2009, 11:43 AM
:D awesome. they heard how pissed i was and woke up! tremendous comeback boys!!
You should have heard me, I was about to come unglued.:D

sinton66
10-10-2009, 04:45 PM
We were talking about where it ranked in our history of games. It doesn't beat out the Hitchcock game, but it ranks pretty darn close!

Agreed, Hitchcock was the most dramatic, but this one has to be the largest deficit overcome or at least one of the top ones. Now I wish I had access to all the records to research it.

pirate4state
10-10-2009, 05:50 PM
:) there was a poster that said MATHIS IS DUNZO! in that video :)
omg, i saw that in the video and busted out laughing :o :D