PDA

View Full Version : WO-S 49 Brookshire Royal 6 Final

setxsports
10-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Final

WOS87
10-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Looks like WO-S just may have worked out the few kinks needed to finally hit their stride...

Move The Chains
10-03-2009, 02:21 AM
This should give you a bit of an idea about bellville.

griff
10-03-2009, 06:31 AM
WO-S finally played a complete ball game.

We began the season with two wins against decent 4A schools, then took two steps back against Kirbyville and Jasper. Our boys are enduring some growing pains, especially on offense, but what we saw last night is what we believe they are capable of doing for the rest of the season. Our highly touted recruits stepped it up, and we eliminated the unforced errors - fumbled snaps, illegal procedures, overall sloppy play on offense.

Next week we play Silsbee which should be the district championship game, and my vote for Game of the Week in Region 3.

Aesculus gilmus
10-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by griff
Our highly touted recruits

Say what?

WOS1
10-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Say what?

:thinking:

WOS1
10-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Much better game last night. Finally saw the team we thought we had. hopefully they will stay around and build from here. It gets serious now.

scrub c
10-03-2009, 10:32 AM
I was impressed with #15.

Overall team speed is also very impressive...

WOS1
10-03-2009, 11:26 AM
He is starting to come around. He and #7 have been a little slow getting going this season. Hopefully, they have arrived. Scrub, what did you think about the defense?

BRfalconfan
10-03-2009, 11:41 AM
it was a sad game to watch knowing almost everyone on the falcons side had flu like symptoms after the 1st they were just trying to hang into the game they played hard and had there starting mlb out wr, and center i really think it could have been a game if the falcons were healthy but no point in saying this now lol

Move The Chains
10-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
it was a sad game to watch knowing almost everyone on the falcons side had flu like symptoms after the 1st they were just trying to hang into the game they played hard and had there starting mlb out wr, and center i really think it could have been a game if the falcons were healthy but no point in saying this now lol If that's true, then I hope those guys are ready for district next week.

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
This should give you a bit of an idea about bellville.

How does this give u a "bit of an idea" about bellville??

BRfalconfan
10-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
How does this give u a "bit of an idea" about bellville??

i agree this gives no detail on bellville when royal had 3 starters out plus have the team having or getting over the flu tand move the chains they should be ready coach walthall wouldnt have it any other way

griff
10-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Say what?

Let me restate.

I was referring to the two players on our team that have been heavily recruited by college programs.

scrub c
10-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
He is starting to come around. He and #7 have been a little slow getting going this season. Hopefully, they have arrived. Scrub, what did you think about the defense?

Like I said, the team speed is amazing. The defense appeared to be a typical WOS D with maybe 1 or 2 kids on defense wearing a number higher than 49...

I wanted to sit on the WOS side, but it was full... there were plenty of seats on BR's side.

Move The Chains
10-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by beastyboyz
How does this give u a "bit of an idea" about bellville?? I don't put too much stock into common opponents, but taking a team to OT and then getting blown out should give you an idea of the two teams. Granted, Br was missing players.... but I didn't know that when I made my original comment.

Aesculus gilmus
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by griff
Let me restate.

I was referring to the two players on our team that have been heavily recruited by college programs.

Thanks for the clarification. The UIL thanks you also. :D

j_dog
10-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Congrats on the win WOS! :clap: The Stangs showed no pity on Brookshire City. ;)

WOS1
10-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by BRfalconfan
it was a sad game to watch knowing almost everyone on the falcons side had flu like symptoms after the 1st they were just trying to hang into the game they played hard and had there starting mlb out wr, and center i really think it could have been a game if the falcons were healthy but no point in saying this now lol

Our starting TB, DE and one of our O-linemen were out as well, so that isn't an excuse.

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
I don't put too much stock into common opponents, but taking a team to OT and then getting blown out should give you an idea of the two teams. Granted, Br was missing players.... but I didn't know that when I made my original comment.

I understand,and I respect your post but still I don't see how u can compare it, maybe brookshire just wanted the win more than bellville, maybe bellville just had a bad game...maybe bellville had a few ppl with the symptoms of the flu....but no excuses, I just don't believe u can rate a team just by how another team played against a common opponent...

WOS1
10-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Comparing common opponents is foolish. JMO

WOS87
10-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Statistically it is completely valid though... It's VERY TRUE that it is foolish to use in preparing for an upcoming opponent as it's very easy to get burned that way

...but looking at the numbers in retrospect the fact of the matter is that ON AVERAGE, if Team A does better than Team B against a common opponent, Team A will beat Team B in a head-to-head matchup more than 50% of the time.

WOS87
10-03-2009, 07:01 PM
And before you even reply (I know it's coming)...

YES, that means given the situation between WO-S and Silsbee in the coming week, Silsbee would have a better chance statistically at winning, but it really means nothing in regards to what the actual outcome will be.

AggiesAreWe
10-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Valid like these comparisons:

Jasper 23
WOS 13

Jasper 24
Silsbee 20

Jasper defeats Silsbee in the last few seconds after Silsbee basically hands them the game. Jasper defeats WOS and afterwards Dan Hooks is quoted as saying "Jasper beat us in all phases of the game, they dominated us. We have athletes, they have football players".

Silsbee out gained Jasper 309-218. Jasper out gained WOS 287-224.

Or maybe this comparison:

Diboll 49
Silsbee 35

Newton 62
Diboll 20

Newton 21
Silsbee 20

Newton scores winning touchdown and two-point conversion with 22 seconds left in the game and then holds on as Silsbee misses a 47 yard fieldgoal that hit the left upright, just 6 inches too much to the left. Based on those comparisons, Newton should have hammered Silsbee. NOT!

I am with WOS1, comparing opponents is foolish. It's all about matchups.

WOS87
10-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Beat you to it!

AggiesAreWe
10-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Obviously you saw my point. You are welcome.

beastyboyz
10-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Or kinda like D25 last year when giddings defeated sealy, then sealy defeated bellville, then bellville defeated giddings....no one thought that was going to happen...

But I heard so much about WOS's athleticism and speed, I've yet to see them play...

WOS87
10-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Obviously you saw my point. You are welcome.

My pleasure.

Antec
10-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Royal hosts Wharton opener in the District 26-2A opener on Friday

Game will be broadcast on Bay City's FM 92.5 and on the internet
http://www.kkhafm.com/

WOS1
10-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Match ups are the MOST important thing in predicting winners. I didn't see the game BR had with Bellville, but if I had to guess, BR was probably much faster than BV and BV bigger. They probably wore down BR which explains the scoring late in the game by BV. WOS and BR matched up completely different as the BR speed was nullified, thus a drastically different outcomes.

Silsbee and Jasper will match up differently than Silsbee and WOS will, too.