PDA

View Full Version : chicago eliminated on first vote

turbostud
10-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091002/ap_on_sp_ol/oly2016_bids)

Bullaholic
10-02-2009, 10:58 AM
That is unfortunate--I was pulling for Chicago to get the bid. I will always pull for any American city to get an Olympic site bid over any other cities in the world, regardless of my politics.

JasperDog94
10-02-2009, 11:36 AM
I was watching ESPN and they acted like this was a shock. They thought it was all but a lock for Chicago to get the Olympics.:confused:

turbostud
10-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I was watching ESPN and they acted like this was a shock. They thought it was all but a lock for Chicago to get the Olympics.:confused:

LOL, So did the Obama's and Oprah. I blame Michelle's off-the rack from Wal-Mart ugly yellow dress!

The overwhelming majoritah of the membahs of the IOC are racist. Jimmy Carter

It's a vast right wing conspiracy by the IOC. Billy Bob Clinton

We didn't want the Olympics anyways, lies all lies by the republicans. DDBooger

The sky is falling. Rockdale80
:D

Buckeye1980
10-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Maybe....JUS MAYBE ...the rest of the world is not as impressed with the Obama's as is thought.....notice I did not say as I thought!

Farmersfan
10-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Maybe....JUS MAYBE ...the rest of the world is not as impressed with the Obama's as is thought.....notice I did not say as I thought!

Blasphemer!!!! Arrogant Right-Winger!!! Provoker of the mass hysteria!!!!!! You dare! You dare!!!!!!!!!

turbostud
10-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980

Be careful, the sky will fall on you.

rockdale80
10-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Be careful, the sky will fall on you.

hahaha...its okay to be scared of the boogeyman. He is real too ya know. :rolleyes:

Buckeye1980
10-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Blasphemer!!!! Arrogant Right-Winger!!! Provoker of the mass hysteria!!!!!! You dare! You dare!!!!!!!!!

Did not say as "I" thought........but ,well, you know !

Farmersfan
10-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
hahaha...its okay to be scared of the boogeyman. He is real too ya know. :rolleyes:

Don't you watch the horror movies???? It's always the tough, smarty pants guy that the boogeyman always gets first. Nice knowing you rockdale80!!!!!!!:D :D

STANG RED
10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
That is unfortunate--I was pulling for Chicago to get the bid. I will always pull for any American city to get an Olympic site bid over any other cities in the world, regardless of my politics.

I really dont understand why. According to what I've heard, the cities that do end up hosting the Olympics also end up deep in debt to the tune of several millions of dollars, which Chicago could ill afford. And it takes many years to get it paid off. But I'm sure there are a few vendors that make out like bandits in the short run. And the cities do end up with some amazing venues that can surely be used for something in the future. Problem is, I'm not sure the upkeep on some of these very specialized venues, is worth the good they get out of them over the venues lifetime.
Also, I doubt the world wanted the games in a crime infested slum like Chicago in the final analysis. I've been there and seen it for myself, and have no desire to go back.

PhiI C
10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I really dont understand why. According to what I've heard, the cities that do end up hosting the Olympics also end up deep in debt to the tune of several millions of dollars, which Chicago could ill afford. And it takes many years to get it paid off. But I'm sure there are a few vendors that make out like bandits in the short run. And the cities do end up with some amazing venues that can surely be used for something in the future. Problem is, I'm not sure the upkeep on some of these very specialized venues, is worth the good they get out of them over the venues lifetime.
Also, I doubt the world wanted the games in a crime infested slum like Chicago in the final analysis. I've been there and seen it for myself, and have no desire to go back.

The thing is Rio de Janiero is not exactly crime free either.

Old Tiger
10-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Chicago as a city sucks IMO.

lulu
10-06-2009, 09:30 AM
i'm glad we did'nt get it. I think Oprah is racist. I think Chicago can't afford it and I'm glad to see Obama shown he dose not always get his way.

Boy this diabetes sure helps me get my dander up. Guess I better get control of that before I get in trouble :eek:

PhiI C
10-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I wasn't surprised too much that Rio de Janiero got it because they really promoted their city but I was surprised that Chicago got eliminated on the first vote. I thought it would be between Chicago and Rio de Janiero with maybe Tokyo possible being a surprise winner.

lulu
10-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I wasn't surprised too much that Rio de Janiero got it because they really promoted their city but I was surprised that Chicago got eliminated on the first vote. I thought it would be between Chicago and Rio de Janiero with maybe Tokyo possible being a surprise winner.

I really thought Tokyo was going to get it.