PDA

View Full Version : ANNA -vs- North Lamar/ Who do you think will win?

eagle-one
10-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Winner could be in the playoffs.

LE Dad
10-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by eagle-one
Winner could be in the playoffs. I don't know a lot about Anna, but LE played NL to open the season. It was a 28-0 LE win. NL managed 127 yds in total offense; with 72 yds coming on their final drive against the 2nd team D. From what I have heard Anna is worse. I say NL wins.:eek:

footballfan65
10-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I think it might come down to who has the least amount of turnovers.

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by footballfan65
I think it might come down to who has the least amount of turnovers. Hey fbfan65 tell me about Anna. Everything I have heard has been based on last year and I have zero personal knowledge.

coachkiss
10-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Anna bases out of the Wing-T, and their new coach doesn't seem to be as bad as the last one.

They beat Princeton, which mildly surprised me, but they got a lot of turnovers.

I see North Lamar winning, but surprisingly not by much.

footballfan65
10-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Hey fbfan65 tell me about Anna. Everything I have heard has been based on last year and I have zero personal knowledge.
Well, I think we are better than last year.

I do think it will be a closer game. Think it might boil down to who has the least amount of turnovers. We have a pretty young team, inexperience could factor in as well.

LE Dad
10-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by footballfan65
Well, I think we are better than last year.

I do think it will be a closer game. Think it might boil down to who has the least amount of turnovers. We have a pretty young team, inexperience could factor in as well. I think NL is young too. They had no passing game and very little run game. They played Pleasant Grove 2 wks ago and were able to generate 300 ground yds. This looks like it will be a ground war. Good luck :D

Matthew328
10-06-2009, 04:30 PM
PNL by 14.....Anna is better but not that much better

Twirling Time
10-07-2009, 05:27 AM
North Lamar wins, but that's an awful district. Below VA and Paris it's a turtle race for third place, and the "winner" of that race will get served to Celina or Argyle.

catgut
10-07-2009, 06:50 AM
I see North Lamar winning because it's a home game and homecoming for them. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Anna pull it out however. It depends if they can stop the running game of North Lamar. They will run, run, and run. Even if they aren't gaining anything out of it. They probably won't complete 2 or 3 passes a game.
I agree that this district is pretty sad. But you play where the UIL puts you.

catgut
10-08-2009, 11:14 AM
I heard from one of the North Lamar players that their quarterback is out this week due to injury he recieved last Friday. This game becomes even tighter without him. The quarterback that will play started the season as the starter but they had to pull him after three games.

footballfan65
10-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Might be a close game.

catgut
10-08-2009, 12:45 PM
The quarterback they will start is not a threat to run like Walston was. He might have little better arm, but they're not a passing team usually.

LE Dad
10-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by catgut
I heard from one of the North Lamar players that their quarterback is out this week due to injury he recieved last Friday. This game becomes even tighter without him. The quarterback that will play started the season as the starter but they had to pull him after three games. Might explain the big difference in yardage. The QB that they used 0 week was very immobile. :eek: Might shake thing up a bit :confused:

LE Dad
10-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by catgut
The quarterback they will start is not a threat to run like Walston was. He might have little better arm, but they're not a passing team usually. They are not much of passing threat. I think they only threw 3 times and were behind the whole game at LE and almost all of the NL yards were on the ground against PG.

catgut
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
They are not much of passing threat. I think they only threw 3 times and were behind the whole game at LE and almost all of the NL yards were on the ground against PG. They threw for a touchdown last week and that was their only one in five games.