PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood is @ Manor???

Move The Chains
10-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Isn't this is a really long drive for Brownwood?

BreckTxLonghorn
10-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Isn't this is a really long drive for Brownwood?

It's basically Austin, so....two hours one way, roughly?

Move The Chains
10-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
It's basically Austin, so....two hours one way, roughly? Hmm. should be a blowout huh? I'm wondering why they chose a weak opponent that far away.

Looking4number8
10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Hmm. should be a blowout huh? I'm wondering why they chose a weak opponent that far away.
We have always had to drive long distance for our games.. Shoot look at Snyder, they are on the other side of the world.

We have been in disricts in the DFW area, Killeen area and Waco area. It is a common thing for us. The only one that ever bothered me was when we were in 4A and had to go through Lampasas to get to most of our district games but they were not in our district.

As for why we choose Manor, i will pull a Celina card and say "everybody is scared to play us".... j/k, I have no idea why Manor is on our schedule

Move The Chains
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
We have always had to drive long distance for our games.. Shoot look at Snyder, they are on the other side of the world.

We have been in disricts in the DFW area, Killeen area and Waco area. It is a common thing for us. The only one that ever bothered me was when we were in 4A and had to go through Lampasas to get to most of our district games but they were not in our district.

As for why we choose Manor, i will pull a Celina card and say "everybody is scared to play us".... j/k, I have no idea why Manor is on our schedule I'm thinking this week is my only chance to see Brownwood for a while, because they are metting about halfway to me in Manor, but I'll be in Dallas Friday night. :(

I'd like to see what Brownwood is fielding rather than reading Rocket's biased opinion. :)

I love watching a bunch of top teams and thinking up who would win potential matchups, etc.

Looking4number8
10-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I did not have any thing else to say, I just dont like for a Brownwood page to fall to the 2nd page:)

spaniard
10-01-2009, 05:07 PM
could have a little something to do with shipley being the coach maybe...you have to know he misses the austin area after his run with burnet ;) just too bad he beat us this year :p

Trashman
10-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Good point Lookin!:clap: :D

Rocket
10-01-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm thinking this week is my only chance to see Brownwood for a while, because they are metting about halfway to me in Manor, but I'll be in Dallas Friday night. :(

I'd like to see what Brownwood is fielding rather than reading Rocket's biased opinion. :)

I love watching a bunch of top teams and thinking up who would win potential matchups, etc.

You have 12 more weeks to check them out. I am sure one Friday night out of 12 will be open.

Move The Chains
10-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
You have 12 more weeks to check them out. I am sure one Friday night out of 12 will be open. Well, all of the district games are way to long of a drive. So maybe if you guys make it to the Qtrf then there will be a game that the drive won't be too bad.

garciap77
10-01-2009, 08:18 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

95mustang
10-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by spaniard
could have a little something to do with shipley being the coach maybe...you have to know he misses the austin area after his run with burnet ;) just too bad he beat us this year :p

Sorry but Manor was on our schedule before Shipley was coaching here.